Page 775 of 946 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775776777778779785825875 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Name:  484098C3-0137-4523-B2ED-AFD0205D5DED.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  116.8 KBName:  567CC6C1-AE67-4CC5-A34F-4D51967FBB74.jpeg
Views: 284
Size:  36.2 KB

So exactly how do you suggest people “lay low” without going to work?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I just read there were a million verified cases in the US Monday which means there was likely 5-10 million real cases. In a day. This is great news. At this rate this thing is gone in a couple weeks. It's gonna get dicey out there in regards to hospitalizations and hopefully we're now running 90+% Omicron but I'm very optimistic. Lay low for the next couple weeks is my advice. Let this thing do what it's going to do. Nothing can stop it so don't even try. Just lay low, be careful and we'll get through this with some sort or normality returning soon.
    Can't see how this isn't +EV.

The cases are lower though, but hospitalizations following the graph looks pretty bad. Sunday was 280k and Saturday 160k for cases. Monday numbers mostly just catch up the weekend lag.
    This is the big question right now. Ontario shit down because they claim hospitals can’t support the impending tsunami of cases. They expect 1 percent of all covid cases will need to be hospitalized. That 10k for a million cases.

Personally I’m not really buying the hospitals we be overrun. I’ve worked in healthcare for years and hospital staff are always saying this but find a way to make it work despite staff shortages. Not saying of course that it will be painless. But you do have a bit of the boy who cried wolf here

The nice thing right now is with how quickly the spread is you will be able to decently compare regions that have not locked down vs those that did and whether hospitals were overrun. And we should know that answer by the end of January.

Comments

gimmick: yup

Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

3.5 months?

Here's hoping that only information was traded between you and puckerbutt.

I unblocked everyone on my ignore list when I came back. Congratulations! You are the first to go back on ignore. You'll have to spew your idiocy without me.
    Come on Mickey, he was your second best target after Sobchak. With the fat ass temporarily gone, you blocked the next best option.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

3.5 months?

Here's hoping that only information was traded between you and puckerbutt.

I unblocked everyone on my ignore list when I came back. Congratulations! You are the first to go back on ignore. You'll have to spew your idiocy without me.
    LOL, what a thin skinned faggot.

I'm not going to harp on but talking about a relationship with puckerbutt was a fucking layup.

Anyway, good luck avoiding speedbumps and godspeed.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    I just read there were a million verified cases in the US Monday which means there was likely 5-10 million real cases. In a day. This is great news. At this rate this thing is gone in a couple weeks. It's gonna get dicey out there in regards to hospitalizations and hopefully we're now running 90+% Omicron but I'm very optimistic. Lay low for the next couple weeks is my advice. Let this thing do what it's going to do. Nothing can stop it so don't even try. Just lay low, be careful and we'll get through this with some sort or normality returning soon.

The cases are lower though, but hospitalizations following the graph looks pretty bad. Sunday was 280k and Saturday 160k for cases. Monday numbers mostly just catch up the weekend lag.
    "Hospitalization" numbers, in the US at least, are pretty meaningless, and the media and Democrat Party know this and are just cynically using it as a scare tactic and political weapon. If you go into the hospital for any reason, they test you for Covid, and mark it as a "Covid hospitalization." The majority of these "hospitalizations" are people who will never even get seriously sick or receive any Covid specific care. There is a reason the media is focusing on "hospitalizations" and not something more meaningful, like ICU admits, because it lets them construct a particular narrative.

At the end of the day you have to pay attention to what people are doing, not what they are saying. For example whatever AOC is saying about Covid, she is partying it up in South Beach right now, which is basically the Covid epicenter of the world. There is this giant disconnect where except for a tiny minority of the most ardent Branch Covidian worshippers, no one is even pretending anymore like they take the media narrative is accurate, except of course when there is political capital to be gained.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So we had a "cold" go through our entire household, and although none of us got tested it seems almost certain it was Omicron, as a lot of family we spent Christmas with got tested and were positive.

Interestingly, when I was actually feeling like I had a cold I just had a runny nose and a little bit of a sore throat, and I was able to go about my day fairly normally. However, after all that cleared I got this annoying cough, so now I am pretty much forced to stay at home, as you cant really go out and about coughing every 5 minutes in today's climate. Or at least I cant. I see plenty of people who DGAF strolling around coughing, and I dont judge myself, but I am too self conscious myself to pull that move and in a way I am actually envious of those who aren't.

My son is going to get his 2nd Pfizer shot today, which is probably more or less meaningless (at best) from a health standpoint. Amusingly, within his peer group at school somehow becoming vaccinated has become a status signal of sorts, and he is actually eager to get it done and show off to his friends, and he is more or less oblivious to the fact he most certainly just got over Covid and getting the shot now wouldn't be productive.

Comments

Sanlmar: Trip report

The Boz: Your experience is what 90% of Americans are going through, no need to get tested.

Load Metric
    I cannot believe I haven’t gotten it yet. I haven’t had any sort of cold either so I doubt I got it and missed it.

Wife is getting booster tomorrow. See how bad that goes. I haven’t had a booster yet.

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://www.thecentersquare.com/indi...c06725e2c.html

This is an interesting article who uses real empirical data to illustrate what is actually happening. The article basically states that empirical life insurance claims indicate the death rate of working age people (18-64) increased 40% during the pandemic, which is actually astoundingly high. Of course, the real interesting thing moving forward is going to be when (hopefully honest) researchers try to tease apart actual Covid related deaths vs. comorbidities due to Covid vs. deaths attributed to the pandemic response (which would include deaths attributed to vaccines and much more importantly IMO the general decrease in physical and mental health caused by the pandemic response).

Also, just to keep things in perspective, according to UN projections, this entire pandemic is barely a blip in the march of humanity to overpopulate the world.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...rld/population
    Chart and table of World population from 1950 to 2022. United Nations projections are also included through the year 2100.
    The current population of World in 2022 is 7,953,952,567, a 1% increase from 2021.
    The population of World in 2021 was 7,874,965,825, a 1.03% increase from 2020.
    The population of World in 2020 was 7,794,798,739, a 1.05% increase from 2019.
    The population of World in 2019 was 7,713,468,100, a 1.08% increase from 2018.

Load Metric
    How many GOP's have to die like this?.............The results are in, the vaccine keeps you alive, (no one ever said it was 100% to prevent you from getting it, you get a much milder version.)

This is what is gonna happen to DWAI &/or his butt buddy w/the sister that is a "nurse". Then we won't get to tell them what a bunch of dumb fucks they were, and how F'ed up they were for spreading disinformation.

Yeah, the GOP aren't sheep, they just all individually (using their own research) decided their GED is better than 1000's of MD's combined. Getting their news from the #SethRich network had 0 to do w/it. Baa Baa Baa.

California Deputy DA Who Fought Vaccine Mandate Dies Abruptly After Falling Ill With COVID at Age 46

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...131753710.html

Comments

The Boz: 2368 posts and a negative rep. Don’t know you but easy to see why with posts like this.

Kalam: His politics are laughable, but in fairness Jimmy's biggest problem is how he always puts quotes and links below his commentary.

NaturalBornHustler: Holy fuck you are the biggest idiot here and it aint close.

dwai: stupid fucking idiot faggot

David USF: OFFSET X4. KEEP TILTING THEM.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I cannot believe I haven’t gotten it yet. I haven’t had any sort of cold either so I doubt I got it and missed it.

Wife is getting booster tomorrow. See how bad that goes. I haven’t had a booster yet.
    Keep in mind like 30 percent of cases asymptomatic. You may very well have had it

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    How many GOP's have to die like this?.............The results are in, the vaccine keeps you alive, (no one ever said it was 100% to prevent you from getting it, you get a much milder version.)

This is what is gonna happen to DWAI &/or his butt buddy w/the sister that is a "nurse". Then we won't get to tell them what a bunch of dumb fucks they were, and how F'ed up they were for spreading disinformation.

Yeah, the GOP aren't sheep, they just all individually (using their own research) decided their GED is better than 1000's of MD's combined. Getting their news from the #SethRich network had 0 to do w/it. Baa Baa Baa.

California Deputy DA Who Fought Vaccine Mandate Dies Abruptly After Falling Ill With COVID at Age 46

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...131753710.html
    First, a lot of Republican politicians who politic against vaccine mandates are actually vaccinated and boosted (including Trump and DeSantis). We have no clue what her actual vaccination status was.

Second, we have no idea how she actually died. I actually went down the rabbit hole and read this story and it seems all we know is that a week ago she texted a political colleague she had Covid. That is it. At this time there is absolutely zero information on her actual cause of death.

AFAICT this is just the media shaping a narrative that fits their agenda, and the sheeple running with it.

Comments

JoeD: I'd double green if I could. These "stories" are nothing more than red meat and click bait

The Boz:

dwai: obviously

David USF: Everyone has a narrative, dumbass. Whatever else she might have had going, Covid sealed the deal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

"Hospitalization" numbers, in the US at least, are pretty meaningless, and the media and Democrat Party know this and are just cynically using it as a scare tactic and political weapon. If you go into the hospital for any reason, they test you for Covid, and mark it as a "Covid hospitalization." The majority of these "hospitalizations" are people who will never even get seriously sick or receive any Covid specific care. There is a reason the media is focusing on "hospitalizations" and not something more meaningful, like ICU admits, because it lets them construct a particular narrative.

At the end of the day you have to pay attention to what people are doing, not what they are saying. For example whatever AOC is saying about Covid, she is partying it up in South Beach right now, which is basically the Covid epicenter of the world. There is this giant disconnect where except for a tiny minority of the most ardent Branch Covidian worshippers, no one is even pretending anymore like they take the media narrative is accurate, except of course when there is political capital to be gained.
    Yea i don't really follow whatever you think i do. There's quite a bit of data freely available about this.

ICU admissions are also rising really fast. They have not even captured the massive increase in infections. It's just normal winter stuff. The ratio of hospitalizations to ICU has been in the 20% to 25% region since the beginning. The problem is that it still is. Omicron hasn't significantly lowered it.

In all likelihood there's a weaker correlation with infections to hospitalizations, but people that get it bad still do. It's now being tested in unfavorable climate and it doesn't look good.

Just save your hot take for February. I wanna see the body count first.

Load Metric
    Even a liberal rag like The Atlantic is telling people not sick to stop getting tested.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ortage/621149/

Those getting tested if not required for their jobs are either paranoid fucks or are hoping to test positive to get time off work.

Finally the right was correct about this, it is the Common Cold at this point for most Americans. Even Senile Joe is saying the same thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Yea i don't really follow whatever you think i do. There's quite a bit of data freely available about this.

ICU admissions are also rising really fast. They have not even captured the massive increase in infections. It's just normal winter stuff. The ratio of hospitalizations to ICU has been in the 20% to 25% region since the beginning. The problem is that it still is. Omicron hasn't significantly lowered it.

In all likelihood there's a weaker correlation with infections to hospitalizations, but people that get it bad still do. It's now being tested in unfavorable climate and it doesn't look good.

good god bro give it up, it's OVER.

Load Metric

Some people like to see real data. Some prefer anecdotes.

To each their own I guess.

Comments

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Some people like to see real data. Some prefer anecdotes.

To each their own I guess.
    real data shows ICUs are always full, news flash

real data also shows ICUs are not full of people BECAUSE of covid

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220104-164334_Chrome.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  165.9 KB

One reason: Severe versions of Covid, including long Covid, are extremely rare in children. For them, the virus resembles a typical flu. Children face more risk from car rides than Covid.

Some researchers are skeptical that school closures reduce Covid cases in most instances. Other interventions, like forcing students to sit apart from their friends at lunch, may also have little benefit.
    source

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Children are hospitalized with Covid at record numbers

The spike in hospitalizations frustrates pediatric infectious disease doctors on the front lines treating children sick with the coronavirus.

"It seems like people have tried to downplay the significance of the disease in children," said Dr. Mark Kline, the physician-in-chief at Children's Hospital New Orleans. "We've spent two years rebutting myths pertaining to Covid and children, that it's 'harmless' for children. It's not."

As of Monday, Kline said, 14 children were sick enough with Covid-19 to be hospitalized at his facility, and three were in the intensive care unit.

The three children are under age 2. The youngest is just 8 weeks old.
    There is good news, and bad news:

On Monday, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported a sharp rise in pediatric Covid-19 cases. At least 325,340 cases were reported during the week of Dec. 23, compared with 198,551 cases during the week of Dec. 16. While serious illness from Covid is still rare for younger children, the sheer number of new cases worries doctors.

As of Sunday, the number of pediatric Covid admissions had hit a new peak: 1,354 a day, based on a seven-day average, according to NBC News data.
    1,354 children admitted to hospitals in a day is not a great sign.

A whole host of news stories covering child admissions around the country: https://news.google.com/search?q=chi...S&ceid=US%3Aen
    Last edited by khalwat; 01-04-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    Children are hospitalized with Covid at record numbers

The spike in hospitalizations frustrates pediatric infectious disease doctors on the front lines treating children sick with the coronavirus.

"It seems like people have tried to downplay the significance of the disease in children," said Dr. Mark Kline, the physician-in-chief at Children's Hospital New Orleans. "We've spent two years rebutting myths pertaining to Covid and children, that it's 'harmless' for children. It's not."

As of Monday, Kline said, 14 children were sick enough with Covid-19 to be hospitalized at his facility, and three were in the intensive care unit.

The three children are under age 2. The youngest is just 8 weeks old.
    Did you see the recent Fauci interview regarding kids in hospitals? Right out of your god's mouth.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Did you see the recent Fauci interview regarding kids in hospitals? Right out of your god's mouth.
    I did not -- and to be clear, I am hopeful that children remain relatively unaffected.

I care less about what any one individual has to say on the subject, and more about global consensus and trends.

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't heard from Fauci in at least 6 months, from what I can recall.

Thread Information