Page 771 of 946 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774775781821871 ... LastLast
Results 15,401 to 15,420 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post

Of course there will be vaccinated people who still die from COVID-19. This is why you see percentages in terms of the observed effectiveness of the vaccines.

That said -> Unvaccinated 14 Times More Likely to Die From COVID
    he died from a heart attack from the vaccine you idiot

cope
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you are far more likely to die from COVID-19 (at least the delta and previous strains) than if you are unvaccinated.

You seem to have a hard time seeing the forest view of things.

Load Metric
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you are far more likely to die from COVID-19 (at least the delta and previous strains) than if you are unvaccinated.

far more likely is a hell of a stretch, unless you are either very old or already sick you have an incredibly small chance of death no matter if you had the vax or not
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    also lol @ seeing the forest view of things, whatever you say michael angelo
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    RONA GOT THIS KID IN SUCH A TIZZY HE CANT SEE THE FOREST FOR THE THINGS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I never really took this shit seriously, thus my limited posts in here. I got the 2 jabs at the time, seemed like the right call. Haven't got boosted/still don't plan on it. If I get hit by a random delta strain still floating around, jokes on me I guess. I'll take the risk at this point. That 2nd jab was not fun. Now its obvious the drug companies want to keep putting needles in you. Read something the other day about the booster only being good for 10 weeks lolol.

No idea how I've seemingly dodged covid all this time. I'm in bars all the time, whether for work or just off time. I feel like its even odds that I have had it at some point but didn't know.
    This is a reasonable approach. I had no side-effects from any of the vaccine doses I received, so that may be a bias of mine.

The one thing I'd say is to think of the vaccines as training for your immune system. The introduction of the MRNA vaccines train your immune system to respond hostility to COVID-19 if you contract it.

This is the reason why even if the vaccine doesn't fully prevent you from becoming infected if you do get it, it's likely it'll be quite mild. Your body has already been trained to attack it.

Just like weight training, or training your dog, repetition increases retention. Subsequent "boosters" are the same exact vaccine, you are just introducing it to your body to train it again in a cumulative way.

It's not the vaccine that has an expiration on it in terms of effectiveness, it's your immune system's memory and response that can fade over time.

Thus you might consider getting a booster, as studies have shown the cumulative training effect it has is very effective. This is not unique to COVID-19 vaccines, by the way. Other vaccines have similar characteristics, and require additional booster doses.

I agree with you though that if omicron becomes the only COVID-19 strain we need to be concerned about, and if its not nearly as lethal or debilitating, that it may end up being a whole lot less of a concern.

Let's hope that's true!
    Why didn't the CEO of Moderna as well as the employees never get the jab they created? It's an honest question that deserves your answer. I heard it straight from his mouth in an interview. He claimed it was illegal for them to get the jab, which was pure bs and the interviewer called him out on it. His answer after that was just stuttering through around 30 seconds of pure crap. Opened my eyes quite a bit when the creator of the vaccine won't even take it. I wish I could cite the interview....it was on a podcast I listen to.

Load Metric
    https://www.investing.com/news/coron...burden-2728468

Expect to see a lot more articles like this going forward. I think the news cycle gets worse before it gets better and I'm talking January. Cases gonna go through the roof in January then fall massively with deaths staying flatish then crashing as well imo. I'm not an anti vaxxer never has been and I do think personally it's a good idea if you are over 65 it's a must have because it does seem to offer some protection. The mask part...eh whatever. Personal decision. If I'm told by an establishment to wear a mask and I want to go into that business I wear a mask. I don't have a problem with that either. But the word endemic will be popping up more and more soon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

This is a reasonable approach. I had no side-effects from any of the vaccine doses I received, so that may be a bias of mine.

The one thing I'd say is to think of the vaccines as training for your immune system. The introduction of the MRNA vaccines train your immune system to respond hostility towards to COVID-19 if you contract it.

This is the reason why even if the vaccine doesn't fully prevent you from becoming infected if you do get it, it's likely it'll be quite mild. Your body has already been trained to attack it.

Just like weight training, or training your dog, repetition increases retention. Subsequent "boosters" are the same exact vaccine, you are just introducing it to your body to train it again in a cumulative way.

It's not the vaccine that has an expiration on it in terms of effectiveness, it's your immune system's memory and response that can fade over time.

Thus you might consider getting a booster, as studies have shown the cumulative training effect it has is very effective. This is not unique to COVID-19 vaccines, by the way. Other vaccines have similar characteristics, and require additional booster doses.

I agree with you though that if omicron becomes the only COVID-19 strain we need to be concerned about, and if its not nearly as lethal or debilitating, that it may end up being a whole lot less of a concern.

Let's hope that's true!
    Why didn't the CEO of Moderna as well as the employees never get the jab they created? It's an honest question that deserves your answer. I heard it straight from his mouth in an interview. He claimed it was illegal for them to get the jab, which was pure bs and the interviewer called him out on it. His answer after that was just stuttering through around 30 seconds of pure crap. Opened my eyes quite a bit when the creator of the vaccine won't even take it. I wish I could cite the interview....it was on a podcast I listen to.
    More lies as usual from people who don’t wanna do research. Took me 5 mins to find this.

Rigoberto Hernandez: Yeah, right. Did you get it? When did you get it?
    Stéphane Bancel: Yeah.
    Rigoberto Hernandez: Can you walk, can you take me through your, you getting it yourself?
    Stéphane Bancel: Yeah. So I got vaccinated on January the third, it was a Sunday. We had decided, we brought after many discussions, that we needed to vaccinate the employees very quickly. Because in the fall, as the country was going full lot of infection, we're getting employees that were testing positive, not from the factory, where everybody was masked, a lot of cleaning and social distancing. But mostly, on the weekends, either family contamination or friends. That's typically, being reported by the CDC.
    And so the big challenge was giving us, was that we, when somebody is down because he or she is sick, and has to be home in quarantine, first, because we have a quarantine app on everybody's phone, where we quarantine everybody that have been potentially contaminated to reduce the spread, as we should do. But then, think about it all the operators, we're taking out of the shop for. And those were the very men and women making the vaccines. And so I remember, one day, going to the [inaudible 00:34:30], as soon as the vaccines are for us, we need to vaccinate everybody in the company. Because we cannot take the risk that there are, there are thousand-plus people that have to make the vaccine for the planet makes less doses to help other people, because they are sick.
    And so I got my vaccine on the, the campus of a factory. We basically, had a team of nurse from a local hospital, that we are contracting and, and paying, coming to, to vaccinate the team. I got my dose. It was an extraordinary feeling. You can imagine, working 10 years on the science and working non-stop for a year. And I never thought that I will get a Moderna product injected in my body. [laughing] And of course, given the pandemic, actually, I got the first Moderna product ever, authorized by the FDA injected in my body.
    And it was, you know, cool for the first 48 hours to think about the science, what was happening in my body. Where my body was turning to a little factory and making, you know, for 48 hours the spike protein and my immune system seeing it and getting super upset with it and making an antibody, that would protect me, in case, I get it later.

Comments

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

More lies as usual from people who don’t wanna do research. Took me 5 mins to find this.

Rigoberto Hernandez: Can you walk, can you take me through your, you getting it yourself?
    Stéphane Bancel: Yeah. So I got vaccinated on January the third, it was a Sunday. We had decided, we brought after many discussions, that we needed to vaccinate the employees very quickly. Because in the fall, as the country was going full lot of infection, we're getting employees that were testing positive, not from the factory, where everybody was masked, a lot of cleaning and social distancing. But mostly, on the weekends, either family contamination or friends. That's typically, being reported by the CDC.
    And so the big challenge was giving us, was that we, when somebody is down because he or she is sick, and has to be home in quarantine, first, because we have a quarantine app on everybody's phone, where we quarantine everybody that have been potentially contaminated to reduce the spread, as we should do. But then, think about it all the operators, we're taking out of the shop for. And those were the very men and women making the vaccines. And so I remember, one day, going to the [inaudible 00:34:30], as soon as the vaccines are for us, we need to vaccinate everybody in the company. Because we cannot take the risk that there are, there are thousand-plus people that have to make the vaccine for the planet makes less doses to help other people, because they are sick.
    And so I got my vaccine on the, the campus of a factory. We basically, had a team of nurse from a local hospital, that we are contracting and, and paying, coming to, to vaccinate the team. I got my dose. It was an extraordinary feeling. You can imagine, working 10 years on the science and working non-stop for a year. And I never thought that I will get a Moderna product injected in my body. [laughing] And of course, given the pandemic, actually, I got the first Moderna product ever, authorized by the FDA injected in my body.
    And it was, you know, cool for the first 48 hours to think about the science, what was happening in my body. Where my body was turning to a little factory and making, you know, for 48 hours the spike protein and my immune system seeing it and getting super upset with it and making an antibody, that would protect me, in case, I get it later.
    Okay give me a few days and I will point you to actual audio where he didn't take his own vaccine.

Load Metric

Okay give me a few days and I will point you to actual audio where he didn't take his own vaccine.
    So you claim to have actual audio of the ceo of Modena lying! Yet no other news outlet has reported on this? Congrats you will be on tucker Carlson in two days.

Load Metric
    I honestly can't with this idiot anymore, imagine being this programmed to spew such dog shit propaganda
    Imagine discussing medicine and virology without having any background in either, and relying on debunked nonsense you read on Facebook, rather than the worldwide consensus of experts.

I realize it's tough for you when presented with cited scientific consensus that is contrary to your opinion.

However, that's how it works. You form a conclusion based on information; you don't start with a conclusion and attempt to warp information (or ignore it completely) to fit.
    Name:  Screenshot_20211214-072843_Gallery.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  127.4 KB

lol whatever you say deranged faggot

do you work for Pfizer or what? you're all over these vaccines, you love these vaccines, you've injected your kids with them, you have to live with that, not me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Expect to see a lot more articles like this going forward. I think the news cycle gets worse before it gets better and I'm talking January. Cases gonna go through the roof in January then fall massively with deaths staying flatish then crashing as well imo. I'm not an anti vaxxer never has been and I do think personally it's a good idea if you are over 65 it's a must have because it does seem to offer some protection. The mask part...eh whatever. Personal decision. If I'm told by an establishment to wear a mask and I want to go into that business I wear a mask. I don't have a problem with that either. But the word endemic will be popping up more and more soon.
    The news cycle is BS, but what we're likely to see is a massive decline in deaths, once the Delta people fall out of the hospital system (either due to recovery or death).

So if we're sitting there with 800,000 new cases per day, and just 80 deaths (almost all old people), there's going to be a WTF moment where everyone asks themselves why we are still panicking so much, and a lot of people are going to rebel against any type of restriction.

Of course the media will continue to tell scary anecdotal stories to try to frighten people into submission, but if the hard data fails to jive with it, there's going to be a lot of pushback.

I think deaths fall big time in the next few weeks.

Load Metric

So you claim to have actual audio of the ceo of Modena lying! Yet no other news outlet has reported on this? Congrats you will be on tucker Carlson in two days.
    The news media spreading FUD the last two years isn't reporting it? Shocker! I'll get it for you give me a few days. I'm not looking today.

Load Metric

The news cycle is BS, but what we're likely to see is a massive decline in deaths, once the Delta people fall out of the hospital system (either due to recovery or death).

So if we're sitting there with 800,000 new cases per day, and just 80 deaths (almost all old people), there's going to be a WTF moment where everyone asks themselves why we are still panicking so much, and a lot of people are going to rebel against any type of restriction.

Of course the media will continue to tell scary anecdotal stories to try to frighten people into submission, but if the hard data fails to jive with it, there's going to be a lot of pushback.

I think deaths fall big time in the next few weeks.
    So basically you just repeated what I said the past two days in this thread. Congrats. We agree. And by the way people have already had their WTF moment on this just maybe not in your bright blue state.

Comments

splitthis: Like 1 year and nine months ago

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

far more likely is a hell of a stretch, unless you are either very old or already sick you have an incredibly small chance of death no matter if you had the vax or not
    Your chances of dying from COVID-19 are 14 times worse if you are unvaccinated. I don't know about you, but I'd consider that significant.

And it's not just about death, it's also about long-term debilitating effects.

Comments

splitthis: If you are very old with many comorbidities

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

lol whatever you say deranged faggot

do you work for Pfizer or what? you're all over these vaccines, you love these vaccines, you've injected your kids with them, you have to live with that, not me
    I do not love vaccines, I wish we lived in a world where we did not need them. However, vaccines have vastly extended the lifespan of people who have contracted a variety of diseases from polio to measles to COVID.

ref: Vaccines: Science, health, longevity, and wealth

Vaccination is considered the most successful and cost-effective medical intervention ever introduced (1). A recent publication from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that this distinction continues to hold, reporting that for children born in the United States during the period 1994–2013 vaccines will have prevented 322 million illnesses, 21 million hospitalizations, and 732,000 premature deaths, saving $295 billion in direct medical costs and $1.38 trillion in total societal costs (2). In a period of technological revolution and limited resources, we may think that our society would prioritize investing in the field of vaccine development insofar as it simultaneously protects health and saves money. Unfortunately, this is not the case and the future of vaccines is in jeopardy.
    Please note that this article is from the US National Academy of Sciences, and unlike your posts, has cited numerous scientific papers from around the world in the footnotes.

Being generally "anti-vaccine" is a counter-productive stance, from a health and lifespan perspective.

I'm happy to have done something for my children that will protect them from a number of diseases via vaccines, many of which are required before they can be admitted to public schools.

I'm also happy to be teaching them to be pro-science, and do things that are good for themselves, and society in general.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

Your chances of dying from COVID-19 are 14 times worse if you are unvaccinated. I don't know about you, but I'd consider that significant.

fuck off already you vaccine shill faggot

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    This thing ends in the United States shortly. Rest of world will fall in line imo. We have mid terms coming up and people are OVER IT. I have many democrat customers and we talk about covid and travelling restrictions etc and they are all OVER IT. All of them. These people are triple vaxxed and are at the point where fuck it I'm as protected as I'm going to be. There's living and there's being alive. Living is a hell of a lot more fun.
    I concur, living is a lot more fun. And getting vaccinated increases your chances of living substantially, especially if you are in a vulnerable demographic (one that incidentally, includes the vast majority of people posting on this site).

While it's true that the younger and healthier you are, the more likely you'll have a positive outcome, it's also true that adding being vaccinated, and practicing due diligence increases your likelihood of not contracting the disease, or coming out of it alive than anything else.

I'm with you, though, that I'd like to get back to some sense of normality, and living and enjoying life.

Here's the reality of life for some frontline workers in early 2020 in New York City:

Even my elderly democrat customers get this. They had to let covid get all the headlines because the new pfizer pill hadn't come out yet. This is the "game changer" and it couldn't go to waste. And of course it works perfectly for Omicron even though their vaccine doesn't lol. It's a clown show but it'll be over soon just give it a few more months maybe Easter time because they need to ruin at least one more holiday obv. Fauci retires by June as well imo. I'm seeing articles popping up talking about his $350k pension. He's retiring the writing is on the wall. CDC already setting up the no daily counting of cases and that will be the beginning of getting this thing behind us. When you have a running real time tally of infected it tends to be bad for morale as well as getting reelected especially when the cases are multiplying exponetionally while deaths decrease. Just hang in there for a few more months and we'll be back to normal. If anyone hasn't listened to Dr. John Campbell on youtube I strongly suggest you do. He's facts, period. And he's triple vaxxed so people can't say he's an anti vaxxer nutbag. He's by far the best I've heard on the subject of covid and everything he has said, in regards to Omicron spreading/severity has been spot on.
    I think it's fantastic that science is coming out with treatments that will help address COVID as well. They are not prophylactics, though, they treat the it after you've already contracted the virus.

The same scientists and companies that created the vaccines are also creating these treatments. Ironic some that some trust one, but not the other.

The medical consensus is that you should get vaccinated as your first line of defense, and use these treatments only if you still contract a severe case of COVID despite being vaccinated.

It's amazing that we have all of these treatments available.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

fuck off already you vaccine shill faggot
    Present proof to the contrary.

You're making extraordinary claims that the vaccines are not effective, which refutes the position of scientists and specialists in virology around the world.

I'm game though; present whatever proof you have to substantiate this, beyond puerile insults.

Load Metric
    I concur, living is a lot more fun. And getting vaccinated increases your chances of living substantially, especially if you are in a vulnerable demographic (one that incidentally, includes the vast majority of people posting on this site).

While it's true that the younger and healthier you are, the more likely you'll have a positive outcome, it's also true that adding being vaccinated, and practicing due diligence increases your likelihood of not contracting the disease, or coming out of it alive than anything else.

I'm with you, though, that I'd like to get back to some sense of normality, and living and enjoying life.

Here's the reality of life for some frontline workers in early 2020 in New York City:

Even my elderly democrat customers get this. They had to let covid get all the headlines because the new pfizer pill hadn't come out yet. This is the "game changer" and it couldn't go to waste. And of course it works perfectly for Omicron even though their vaccine doesn't lol. It's a clown show but it'll be over soon just give it a few more months maybe Easter time because they need to ruin at least one more holiday obv. Fauci retires by June as well imo. I'm seeing articles popping up talking about his $350k pension. He's retiring the writing is on the wall. CDC already setting up the no daily counting of cases and that will be the beginning of getting this thing behind us. When you have a running real time tally of infected it tends to be bad for morale as well as getting reelected especially when the cases are multiplying exponetionally while deaths decrease. Just hang in there for a few more months and we'll be back to normal. If anyone hasn't listened to Dr. John Campbell on youtube I strongly suggest you do. He's facts, period. And he's triple vaxxed so people can't say he's an anti vaxxer nutbag. He's by far the best I've heard on the subject of covid and everything he has said, in regards to Omicron spreading/severity has been spot on.
    I think it's fantastic that science is coming out with treatments that will help address COVID as well. They are not prophylactics, though, they treat the it after you've already contracted the virus.

The same scientists and companies that created the vaccines are also creating these treatments. Ironic some that some trust one, but not the other.

The medical consensus is that you should get vaccinated as your first line of defense, and use these treatments only if you still contract a severe case of COVID despite being vaccinated.

It's amazing that we have all of these treatments available.
    I'm gonna try to explain this to you, it's not that people don't trust the vaccine, I'm sure there are plenty that don't, I don't deny science or think the vaccine is purposely intended to hurt people, I just DON'T NEED IT.

get it? and CHILDREN DEFINITELY DON'T NEED IT.

people 75 or older have a 10,000 more chance of death than 15 or under

Comments

splitthis: 100%

Thread Information