Page 770 of 946 FirstFirst ... 270670720760766767768769770771772773774780820870 ... LastLast
Results 15,381 to 15,400 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post

I'm curious... what proof would it take for you to believe that the vaccines are effective against COVID-19?

Also yeah, pretty clearly you haven't listened much, as I haven't been on the show very often of late... and when discussing COVID, I don't disagree with Druff much at all (I just take exception to the notion that masks are "performative").

Druff has been quite reasonable in his approach of looking at the evidence and then making an informed decision. And has been quite consistently pro-vaccine. So not a whole lot to argue with there...
    Point me to the post where I said vaccines don't work. Besides this one because vaccines obviously don't work currently as proven by 100% vaxxed cruise ships that are having breakouts every where. I think the disconnect between people like you and the unwashed like me is that we are more realistic than you are. We've realized this thing is basically a bad flu. Always has been. And you aren't getting rid of the flu. Covid will be here forever. And now it's essentially a bad cold. In a month month and a half from now the numbers of deaths will be so low, once delta is washed out of the system, that covid will basically be an afterthought. But people like you will never allow it to be an afterthought because it's very political. It's been political from the start which is why this country is so divided. Everything was blamed on Trump which was comical to me since he was the first head of state to actually close borders. He was called racist naturally by the left. Every death was a personal murder they would say after even though he did everything reasonable to mitigate this thing. Look man, you can't close down the world economy due to a bad flu. This isn't ebola or mers we're talking here. It's a virus with a 99.7% chance of survival if you get it. Average age of death is around 82. These are facts. So if you want to jab yourself repeatedly with some new technology crap that is causing some people a whole shitload of problems then go for it. Nobody cares. But don't pass judgement on those who elect not to. Vaccines should be a personal decision and you should respect that. But you can't. Because it's political. Whatever. Blood red November incoming mostly due to this virus. There are probably 50 democratic house seats truly safe right now. Maybe a handful of governerships.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    uk has bought 540 million vaccine doses and recently ordered another 114 million

population of the uk is 67 million, lets make it easy and say 50 m gonna keep getting boosted thats what 13 jabs each they clearly arent gonna stop so long as people are happy to go along with it

will keep on pushing it and see as far as they can go, already talks of a 4th shot and booster every 6 months will soon become one every 3 months when the next new strain is found to be likely more dangerous or more infectious than the current one

where does it end ? would never imagine mandated jabs every 3 months for healthy people for a virus with a 99.7% survival rate but here we are, a year down the line why not every 2 or one month if they think people will go along with it no reason to believe they wont try
    This thing ends in the United States shortly. Rest of world will fall in line imo. We have mid terms coming up and people are OVER IT. I have many democrat customers and we talk about covid and travelling restrictions etc and they are all OVER IT. All of them. These people are triple vaxxed and are at the point where fuck it I'm as protected as I'm going to be. There's living and there's being alive. Living is a hell of a lot more fun. Even my elderly democrat customers get this. They had to let covid get all the headlines because the new pfizer pill hadn't come out yet. This is the "game changer" and it couldn't go to waste. And of course it works perfectly for Omicron even though their vaccine doesn't lol. It's a clown show but it'll be over soon just give it a few more months maybe Easter time because they need to ruin at least one more holiday obv. Fauci retires by June as well imo. I'm seeing articles popping up talking about his $350k pension. He's retiring the writing is on the wall. CDC already setting up the no daily counting of cases and that will be the beginning of getting this thing behind us. When you have a running real time tally of infected it tends to be bad for morale as well as getting reelected especially when the cases are multiplying exponetionally while deaths decrease. Just hang in there for a few more months and we'll be back to normal. If anyone hasn't listened to Dr. John Campbell on youtube I strongly suggest you do. He's facts, period. And he's triple vaxxed so people can't say he's an anti vaxxer nutbag. He's by far the best I've heard on the subject of covid and everything he has said, in regards to Omicron spreading/severity has been spot on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Safe and effective!
    Of course there will be vaccinated people who still die from COVID-19. This is why you see percentages in terms of the observed effectiveness of the vaccines.

That said -> Unvaccinated 14 Times More Likely to Die From COVID
    he died from a heart attack from the vaccine you idiot

cope

Load Metric
    This thing ends in the United States shortly. Rest of world will fall in line imo. We have mid terms coming up and people are OVER IT. I have many democrat customers and we talk about covid and travelling restrictions etc and they are all OVER IT. All of them. These people are triple vaxxed and are at the point where fuck it I'm as protected as I'm going to be. There's living and there's being alive. Living is a hell of a lot more fun. Even my elderly democrat customers get this. They had to let covid get all the headlines because the new pfizer pill hadn't come out yet. This is the "game changer" and it couldn't go to waste. And of course it works perfectly for Omicron even though their vaccine doesn't lol. It's a clown show but it'll be over soon just give it a few more months maybe Easter time because they need to ruin at least one more holiday obv. Fauci retires by June as well imo. I'm seeing articles popping up talking about his $350k pension. He's retiring the writing is on the wall. CDC already setting up the no daily counting of cases and that will be the beginning of getting this thing behind us. When you have a running real time tally of infected it tends to be bad for morale as well as getting reelected especially when the cases are multiplying exponetionally while deaths decrease. Just hang in there for a few more months and we'll be back to normal. If anyone hasn't listened to Dr. John Campbell on youtube I strongly suggest you do. He's facts, period. And he's triple vaxxed so people can't say he's an anti vaxxer nutbag. He's by far the best I've heard on the subject of covid and everything he has said, in regards to Omicron spreading/severity has been spot on.
    I like your optimism and agree once the USA stops shitting its pants over this we will see other countries start to do the same. Still the likes of Australia / New Zealand / Austria / Germany / Canada / etc who have all taken really harsh measures will take much longer to wind things down as the people running the show there won't want to admit any wrongdoing. For sure the majority of people everywhere are over this but there is still shitloads of money to be made so can count on it being dragged on for as long as they think they can get away with it.

Comments

country978:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Gold
    Load Metric
    where've you been all this time, Pooh? Dwai has been fighting the good fight but we need other voices to counter those who lecture and think they have all the answers when they do not. Most people are over it and don't want to pay any mind to it anymore. But then the crazies keep saying things like close the schools even though they're also the same folks who thought masking children in school was going to make a difference. I read elsewhere that some folks want to force kids outside to eat lunch even in the dead of winter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    where've you been all this time, Pooh? Dwai has been fighting the good fight but we need other voices to counter those who lecture and think they have all the answers when they do not. Most people are over it and don't want to pay any mind to it anymore. But then the crazies keep saying things like close the schools even though they're also the same folks who thought masking children in school was going to make a difference. I read elsewhere that some folks want to force kids outside to eat lunch even in the dead of winter.
    I never really took this shit seriously, thus my limited posts in here. I got the 2 jabs at the time, seemed like the right call. Haven't got boosted/still don't plan on it. If I get hit by a random delta strain still floating around, jokes on me I guess. I'll take the risk at this point. That 2nd jab was not fun. Now its obvious the drug companies want to keep putting needles in you. Read something the other day about the booster only being good for 10 weeks lolol.

No idea how I've seemingly dodged covid all this time. I'm in bars all the time, whether for work or just off time. I feel like its even odds that I have had it at some point but didn't know.

Comments

country978: gut playing it cool. no surprise there

Load Metric

Comments

country978: on the comeback - lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    There are many people trying to instill panic in the masses. They want schools closed and large gatherings to be made illegal with strict enforcement. They're boys crying wolf one too many times. Its all over. The only thing left to do now is to put a stop to the abuse of the children these folks seem to think is a good idea.

Load Metric

So safe, so effective!

Load Metric
    It doesn't matter how much vitamin D or zinc you get. Natural immunity also is not more effective than any vaccine, they are in fact encouraging people to get vaccinated even if they've had COVID before.

I don't think you understand how your body's immune system works if you believe that getting it once makes you invulnerable.

ref: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cines/faq.html

Emerging evidence shows that getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection to your immune system. One study showed that, for people who already had COVID-19, those who do not get vaccinated after their recovery are more than 2 times as likely to get COVID-19 again than those who get fully vaccinated after their recovery.
    Note that they link to actual studies and evidence, not what you heard from your buddies on the golf course.

ref: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019..._1635540493225

ref: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

There's an endless roll of people in the news who state what you're stating -- or outright deny that the vaccines work at all -- who then contracted COVID and then either pleaded with everyone to get vaccinated or died as a result.
    I honestly can't with this idiot anymore, imagine being this programmed to spew such dog shit propaganda

Gold
    Load Metric
    My 10 year old son already had his first Pfizer shot and is scheduled to get his second. However, he has been mildly sick all week with generic cold symptoms (so likely he just had Omicron), and the shots don't seem to do much against Omicron anyways, so unclear if there is even upside in getting him a second shot.

Load Metric
    Name:  RDT_20220101_1755431878988895156068565.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  96.3 KB

STAY SCARED YALL

Comments

Jayjami: Ok. That one was pretty good

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    My 10 year old son already had his first Pfizer shot and is scheduled to get his second. However, he has been mildly sick all week with generic cold symptoms (so likely he just had Omicron), and the shots don't seem to do much against Omicron anyways, so unclear if there is even upside in getting him a second shot.
    Purely personal decision. Natural immunity much better than vaccines. That is if he had it. If he did have it there is no reason for him to get second shot imo but again it's a personal decision. If you live in an area where vaccine passports are necessary to enter restaurants etc then the government already made that decision for you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Where’s he been? Pooh probably got a life to live.

Load Metric
    I just want to go on record as saying that just because I don’t post incessantly about the Ro Ro doesn’t mean I don’t think about it 24/7.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I just want to go on record as saying that just because I don’t post incessantly about the Ro Ro doesn’t mean I don’t think about it 24/7.
    Don’t worry about it.

See what I did there?

And if by chance you do kick the bucket Druff will host a freeroll in your honour.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    khalwat shut up you stupid faggot you were programed by propaganda to sacrifice your children to the elite gods, you are an idiot and no further justification on your pussy part will be necessary

ROFL WHAT A STUPID FAGGOT KHALWAT IS
    You don't look strong constantly spouting insults and abuse. You look weak.

Similarly, your arguments don't look strong by reiterating widely debunked nonsense you read on Facebook.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Purely personal decision. Natural immunity much better than vaccines. That is if he had it. If he did have it there is no reason for him to get second shot imo but again it's a personal decision. If you live in an area where vaccine passports are necessary to enter restaurants etc then the government already made that decision for you.
    Again, it is a falsehood that natural immunity is somehow better than getting vaccinate. The world over, experts recommend getting vaccinated even if you've already had COVID-19.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cines/faq.html

If you have citations or proof to the contrary, please post them.

If I already had COVID-19 and recovered, am I protected by natural immunity, or do I still need to get a COVID-19 vaccine?

You should get a COVID-19 vaccine even if you already had COVID-19.

Getting sick with COVID-19 offers some protection from future illness with COVID-19, sometimes called “natural immunity.” The level of protection people get from having COVID-19 may vary depending on how mild or severe their illness was, the time since their infection, and their age. No currently available test can reliably determine if a person is protected from infection.

All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States are effective at preventing COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine gives most people a high level of protection against COVID-19 even in people who have already been sick with COVID-19.

Emerging evidence shows that getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection to your immune system. One study showed that, for people who already had COVID-19, those who do not get vaccinated after their recovery are more than 2 times as likely to get COVID-19 again than those who get fully vaccinated after their recovery.

People who were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma or people who have a history of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in adults or children (MIS-A or MIS-C) may need to wait a while after recovering before they can get vaccinated. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    I honestly can't with this idiot anymore, imagine being this programmed to spew such dog shit propaganda
    Imagine discussing medicine and virology without having any background in either, and relying on debunked nonsense you read on Facebook, rather than the worldwide consensus of experts.

I realize it's tough for you when presented with cited scientific consensus that is contrary to your opinion.

However, that's how it works. You form a conclusion based on information; you don't start with a conclusion and attempt to warp information (or ignore it completely) to fit.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I never really took this shit seriously, thus my limited posts in here. I got the 2 jabs at the time, seemed like the right call. Haven't got boosted/still don't plan on it. If I get hit by a random delta strain still floating around, jokes on me I guess. I'll take the risk at this point. That 2nd jab was not fun. Now its obvious the drug companies want to keep putting needles in you. Read something the other day about the booster only being good for 10 weeks lolol.

No idea how I've seemingly dodged covid all this time. I'm in bars all the time, whether for work or just off time. I feel like its even odds that I have had it at some point but didn't know.
    This is a reasonable approach. I had no side-effects from any of the vaccine doses I received, so that may be a bias of mine.

The one thing I'd say is to think of the vaccines as training for your immune system. The introduction of the MRNA vaccines train your immune system to respond hostility to COVID-19 if you contract it.

This is the reason why even if the vaccine doesn't fully prevent you from becoming infected if you do get it, it's likely it'll be quite mild. Your body has already been trained to attack it.

Just like weight training, or training your dog, repetition increases retention. Subsequent "boosters" are the same exact vaccine, you are just introducing it to your body to train it again in a cumulative way.

It's not the vaccine that has an expiration on it in terms of effectiveness, it's your immune system's memory and response that can fade over time.

Thus you might consider getting a booster, as studies have shown the cumulative training effect it has is very effective. This is not unique to COVID-19 vaccines, by the way. Other vaccines have similar characteristics, and require additional booster doses.

I agree with you though that if omicron becomes the only COVID-19 strain we need to be concerned about, and if its not nearly as lethal or debilitating, that it may end up being a whole lot less of a concern.

Let's hope that's true!

Thread Information