Page 77 of 947 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    North Korea no idea probably insulated to a degree.
    North Korea had cases because some of their citizens travel back and forth from China. They had a novel approach to dealing with the virus. They shot anybody who they thought had it. I'm not kidding. Pretty effective tho.

Load Metric
    CNN is literally orgasmic about the virus. There is not an anchor there that is not excited about the virus because it hurts the economy and then hurts Trump. The problem for the left wing loons is the virus is early. Come July this will be forgotten and the economy will rebound huge since there will be massive demand since people are not spending now, just in time for the election. Don't tell me the left wing is not excited about this, they are and it's obvious. I can't wait to see Biden give a rambling and incoherent speech comparing this to polio and how some distant relative recovered from it in 1952.

Comments

SPIT this: druff, get your pets on a leash

Walter Sobchak: hmm guess not

Load Metric
    I get a feeling of panic escalation on this forum. Simmer down nerds, you are gambling folks. In what other situation would you panic over a 2% loss rate? Unless you are in the high risk group, you chances of dying are infinitely smaller.

Turn lemons into lemonade. Use this time to live simply and relax and reconnect with yourself.

Namaste
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    CNN is literally orgasmic about the virus. There is not an anchor there that is not excited about the virus because it hurts the economy and then hurts Trump. The problem for the left wing loons is the virus is early. Come July this will be forgotten and the economy will rebound huge since there will be massive demand since people are not spending now, just in time for the election. Don't tell me the left wing is not excited about this, they are and it's obvious. I can't wait to see Biden give a rambling and incoherent speech comparing this to polio and how some distant relative recovered from it in 1952.
    "You know my Aunt Jane had polio in 1952, and guess what? The Yankees won the World Series. Yeah, and what is up with this Steinbrenner guy? Look, we need to come together, I am Middle Class Joe and I can win. I grew up in Scranton."

Comments

blake: hoke should have been that joe had polio, not his aunt. do better

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I get a feeling of panic escalation on this forum. Simmer down nerds, you are gambling folks. In what other situation would you panic over a 2% loss rate? Unless you are in the high risk group, you chances of dying are infinitely smaller.

Turn lemons into lemonade. Use this time to live simply and relax and reconnect with yourself.

Namaste
    fuck now I'm sweating thinking of all the hands I lost when I was 98% to win

Comments

SPIT this: yep

Load Metric
    What an interesting coincidence.

Did Sylvia Browne also predict the rise and fall of Donald Trump?

Comments

splitthis: Cool

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Important coronavirus info if you take blood pressure meds: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...om-coronavirus

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: Umm u know my comment
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One detail of COVID-19 which is baffling researchers is the fact that children seem to have some sort of built-in protection against it.

This is extremely uncommon.

Usually susceptibility to disease goes on an uneven reverse-bell-looking curve.

The very young and very old tend to be most vulnerable, with vulnerability starting off very high at birth, rapidly decreasing between ages 0 and 4, then steadily decreasing through age 12, then still decreasing through mid-20s, where it remains flat until the 30s, where risk starts slowly creeping up. Then starting from around age 50, risk starts to increase faster, and past age 80 it is very high again, similar to very young children.

But not COVID-19. While the risk to adults being a function of age is common, the uncommon part is the fact that children seem to be at little risk. Even babies are not dying from it, and they tend to be very susceptible to serious complications from many diseases, including flu.

It is currently not understood why children's bodies fight off the disease much better than adults.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Shit got real, all schools closed, crowds over 50 not allowed. I work for the city, me and 40K coworkers are being asked to work from home if possible. Say goodbye to your grandparents
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    One detail of COVID-19 which is baffling researchers is the fact that children seem to have some sort of built-in protection against it.

The very young and very old tend to be most vulnerable, with vulnerability starting off very high at birth, rapidly decreasing between ages 0 and 4, then steadily decreasing through age 12, then still decreasing through mid-20s, where it remains flat until the 30s, where risk starts slowly creeping up. Then starting from around age 50, risk starts to increase faster, and past age 80 it is very high again, similar to very young children.

But not COVID-19. While the risk to adults being a function of age is common, the uncommon part is the fact that children seem to be at little risk. Even babies are not dying from it, and they tend to be very susceptible to serious complications from many diseases, including flu.

It is currently not understood why children's bodies fight off the disease much better than adults.
    Yeah we have covid19 in kindergarden here
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

Children get it but they aren't having severe complications from it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I find it highly unlikely that the WSOP will take place as scheduled this year. I could see it possibly being delayed, but I'd be shocked if it started as scheduled in late May, barring a very quick disappearance of the virus.

Among other things, imagine the disaster if even one person gets diagnosed with it, who played there? Obviously it could have spread and people would still be asymptomatic, so they'd have to shut things down anyway.

The optics of running the WSOP at this point would be terrible.

I think Caesars is just taking a wait-and-see approach right now, just in case a miracle occurs and everything lessens and calms down quickly.

Load Metric
    But they can give you severe complications
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

But they can give you severe complications
    Yes. That's why the schools are closing.

Ben's isn't closed yet though.

Comments

splitthis: Keep that boy home for your sake

Load Metric
    a senate staffer just tested positive.

this is going to absolutely eviscerate all the olds running this country.

Comments

splitthis: Bonus
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Princess and Viking cruise lines have shut down.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I could have seen this coming.

Norwegian is the Caesars of cruise lines. It's appropriate they have a partnership.

Their customer service reps are mind bogglingly bad.

Now it turns out they were instructed to lie about coronavirus danger.

They've also lost 82% of their value since 1/14/20.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an article about kids and coronavirus, saying the same thing I did, even though I read it after my post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-defeat-virus/

I didn't realize that other coronaviruses acted the same way, such as SARS and MERS.

Thread Information