Page 764 of 946 FirstFirst ... 264664714754760761762763764765766767768774814864 ... LastLast
Results 15,261 to 15,280 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    and you are far more likely to die in a car accident than from covid, gg fatso
    Given that dying in a car accident is the #1 most likely way you're going to accidentally die in the USA, that's a cold comfort.

So Dwai, either:

1) You agree with Dr. Leanna Wen that everyone should be vaccinated, wear facemasks, get tested before going out, and that the unvaccinated should no longer be punished due to the actions of those failing to do these things or

2) You once again didn't actually read the source you posted, which directly contradicts what you've been espousing.

Which is it?

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

dwai only posts things if he thinks they makes intelligent, educated people look as dumb and helpless as he feels.

so id not expect a good faith response from him, personally.

unless you have questions about the times he got humiliated at school by black kids for sport. then he tends to open up like a lotus at dawn.
    Yeah, I'm aware. My replies are mostly for other people reading, and not for Dwai. My expectations are low there.

Comments

sonatine: apologies, i skim here generally.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The cloth mask versus N95 thing has always been a source of curiosity for me.

There's no question that N95 masks are significantly better at preventing infection (of all kinds) than cloth masks. There's also little doubt that N95 masks are effective against COVID, whereas the effectiveness of cloth masks is highly debatable.

At the beginning of the pandemic, Fauci even said that masks aren't useful, later retracting it and claiming that he was telling a noble lie in order to allow the masks (especially N95s) to get into the hands of healthcare workers first.

So that was February 2020, when it was understandable that there were only so many N95s to go around, and we couldn't just snap our fingers and produce billions on the spot. (Even 3 masks per person would require about 1 billion of them in the US.)

Now that it's almost 2 years later, why did the N95 thing never take hold? Why didn't the government produce a ton of them, and distribute them for free? Has any government done this?

If masks are really a large part of the solution, why has there been virtually no effort to get N95s in the hands of the public, after 2 years of this?

Comments

jsearles22: Cogent and coherent

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There's no question that N95 masks are significantly better at preventing infection (of all kinds) than cloth masks. There's also little doubt that N95 masks are effective against COVID, whereas the effectiveness of cloth masks is highly debatable.

At the beginning of the pandemic, Fauci even said that masks aren't useful, later retracting it and claiming that he was telling a noble lie in order to allow the masks (especially N95s) to get into the hands of healthcare workers first.

So that was February 2020, when it was understandable that there were only so many N95s to go around, and we couldn't just snap our fingers and produce billions on the spot. (Even 3 masks per person would require about 1 billion of them in the US.)

Now that it's almost 2 years later, why did the N95 thing never take hold? Why didn't the government produce a ton of them, and distribute them for free? Has any government done this?

If masks are really a large part of the solution, why has there been virtually no effort to get N95s in the hands of the public, after 2 years of this?

we rely on china for our PP gear and the supply chain disruption issues queered that deal badly.

the fact that the then-president put his grifter son in law in charge of the national macro response instead of using the established pandemic guidelines was also unfortunate.

as to why we have gone this long without an absolutely massive blitz of n95 production, i can only assume that this country is, at its core, a fucking joke. but its possible that we literally still cant work through the original supply chain disruption issues i guess.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

we rely on china for our PP gear and the supply chain disruption issues queered that deal badly.

the fact that the then-president put his grifter son in law in charge of the national macro response instead of using the established pandemic guidelines was also unfortunate.

as to why we have gone this long without an absolutely massive blitz of n95 production, i can only assume that this country is, at its core, a fucking joke. but its possible that we literally still cant work through the original supply chain disruption issues i guess.
    A lot can happen in 2 years. If the government wanted to set up factories (or sponsor them being set up) to produce N95/KN95 masks, they could have easily done it by now.

There are just so many contradictions in how the government handled COVID -- both last year and this year.

This is what happens when special interests, politics, and science all intersect. You end up with weird (and often incorrect) policy, and contradictory messaging.

Load Metric

A lot can happen in 2 years. If the government wanted to set up factories (or sponsor them being set up) to produce N95/KN95 masks, they could have easily done it by now.

There are just so many contradictions in how the government handled COVID -- both last year and this year.

This is what happens when special interests, politics, and science all intersect. You end up with weird (and often incorrect) policy, and contradictory messaging.

im in complete agreement honestly. also i really dont fucking know what to make of the supply chain excuse; if i was in charge id simply have an endless fucking train of C-17s traveling anywhere in the world they needed to go to get the materials for proper masks. that seems like a complete no brainer to me.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    -200 your mom made you get the shot by threatening to kick you out of the house.

Go swim in the deep end faggot.
    Name:  Tilt-A-Whirl_in_Saskatchewan (3).jpg
Views: 308
Size:  1.17 MB

Load Metric

-200 your mom made you get the shot by threatening to kick you out of the house.

Go swim in the deep end faggot.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

glad to see your son is doing well 🙏

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20211222-193530_Chrome.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  219.8 KB

LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    Given that dying in a car accident is the #1 most likely way you're going to accidentally die in the USA, that's a cold comfort.

So Dwai, either:

1) You agree with Dr. Leanna Wen that everyone should be vaccinated, wear facemasks, get tested before going out, and that the unvaccinated should no longer be punished due to the actions of those failing to do these things or

2) You once again didn't actually read the source you posted, which directly contradicts what you've been espousing.

Which is it?
    Do cloth masks actually work? [https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...actually-work)

The evidence from epidemiologic data and case studies may be even more compelling. A recent study, for example, used publicly available data to calculate the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia between the end of March and late May of 2020. Researchers found that mask mandates led to a marked slowdown in the daily growth rate, estimating that mask mandates may have prevented up to 450,000 cases of COVID-19.

[https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...-why-they-do/)

Peer-reviewed studies:

Researchers (including a CDC doctor) for a February 2021 article published by the Journal of the American Medical Association reviewed data from 10 previous studies conclude mask wearing substantially reduces spread. They write that wearing a cloth mask can reduce transmission of exhaled droplets from infected wearers into the air by around 50% to 70%.

I'll stop there. They are going to need to explain why they claimed cloth masks were effective for two years and even peer-reviewed studies supported that claim. Of course, they won't. They'll just pretend that they said cloth masks were ineffective.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20211222-202002_Chrome.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  78.4 KB

https://archive.md/ab88n

remember when the CDC recommended cloth masks?

Pepperidge farms remembers, they'll just memory hole this and act like they never did though.

🙏

Load Metric

even a furry knows omicron isn't a big deal

Load Metric
    I believe these numbers but Dwai will find a way to shit on it.

Gold
    Load Metric

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1473869708126478338

Platinum
    Load Metric

Of course they could have, remember all those ventilators Cuomo claimed he needed? The orange fella had companies from all sorts of industries producing those. Seems like N95 masks would be a little easier to learn than ventilators.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Tested positive. Almost certainly omicron.

Only symptoms are a bit of cough and some aching and a headache. It would have to be at least 5 time worse for me to be in any way worried.

Happy to trade 7 days self isolation for natural immunity, even if it is over Christmas.

Comments

Dan Druff: gl
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Tested positive. Almost certainly omicron.

Only symptoms are a bit of cough and some aching and a headache. It would have to be at least 5 time worse for me to be in any way worried.

Happy to trade 7 days self isolation for natural immunity, even if it is over Christmas.
    Vaccinated, I assume?

Did you get a booster? I didn't keep up with the vaccination situation in England. Are you guys even doing boosters?

GL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm really conflicted about how I feel about Omicron.

On one hand, the super-contagiousness scares me a bit, especially given how it's busting through vaccines, and even boosters.

However, a look at the common symptoms, and it really seems like a bad cold. High fatigue, runny nose, congestion, headache, sore throat... that's a cold, right? I'm not hearing much about persistent fever, loss of smell/taste, breathing problems, etc. I've had lots of bad colds in my life, and they sucked, but I wouldn't change my routine or stop doing things because I'm afraid of them. So it feels weird to be concerned about something which is probably going to present like a cold.

Given that most winter colds are actually coronaviruses, this variant really looks like a hybrid between Delta and a common cold, and closer to the cold side. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the next variant actually becomes almost indistinguishable from a cold.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Of course they could have, remember all those ventilators Cuomo claimed he needed? The orange fella had companies from all sorts of industries producing those. Seems like N95 masks would be a little easier to learn than ventilators.
    LOL, what a RINO Biden loving fag you are. Trump ordered the ventilators because folks like in your wife's hospital were clamoring for them. Then it turned out we did not need them, fuck the world did not need them, we could not even give them away now. You walk and talk liberals are all the same, complain, get what you want and bitch when it does not work out. LOL. I am just glad you live in a border town and have to deal with all the illegals for life, you clowns deserve it. But Trumps' tone, I don't like his tone. See what you think about a group of Hondurans banging on your door at 4am and their tone. Hilarious.

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Thread Information