Page 756 of 946 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766806856 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,120 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DR FAUCI TELLING YOU TO STAY HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS WHILE THE ELITES PARTY IT UP UNMASKED, Y'ALL

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/fauc...h-omicron.html

"With omicron out there, here’s how to decide if you should attend that holiday party, according to Dr. Fauci"

Load Metric
    yup the people running the show are taking the piss now, latest one out the uk some labour politician been all over the media banging on about how unsafe she feels without wearing a mask then decides to tweet this

https://twitter.com/JohnHundeslit/status/1467873967218249728

Comments

dwai:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric

If anyone at your party is unvaccinated (or unwilling to share)
    If anyone’s unvaccinated at your party — including small children who aren’t yet vaccine-eligible — or unwilling to share their vaccination status, your decision gets much harder. You’ll face a higher risk of getting sick or transmitting the virus to someone else, even if you’re fully vaccinated yourself.

If you’re hosting such a party, you should rely on a combination of safety strategies, like gathering outdoors, wearing masks and maintaining social distance. You can also ask your unvaccinated guests to quarantine and get tested before the event, as an additional layer of assurance.

The risk grows further if you’re in a “public congregate setting,” where you can’t realistically know who’s vaccinated, Fauci said last week. That could mean an office holiday party at an indoor bar where vaccination isn’t required, or even taking a crowded bus home.

In those situations, “it is very prudent to wear a mask,” Fauci said. “That’s what I do.” You can briefly lower your mask to safely eat a cookie or drink some eggnog, but try to keep it on as much as possible.
    anyone still paying attention to this shite is a fucking moron

Comments

dwai:
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS YALL

they have lost all credibility, except for mouth breathers like khalwat, BCR and sonatine, nobody is buying this, we're over it

Comments

JACKDANIELS: yup enough is enough

splitthis: It rofl fo sho

Load Metric
    listen peasant make sure you only lower your mask at the party to drink your egg nog and eat your cookie but you better not be talking when you do

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

I don't think anyone was under the impression that we'd prevent omicron from arriving. Rather, it just slows down the spread here to help us allow more measures in place, whatever they might be. (new vaccine for those who want one, or more understanding, etc)

I don't necessarily disagree with you but it'd seem they should just reverse the bans earlier. Like this omnicron thing is all over the US now, so preventing travel from South Africa more than another week doesn't really make sense regardless. I think a bit of caution is fine but the bans need to be revisited constantly to see if they make sense.
    It just doesn't seem useful to me.

A very contagious variant is going to spread rapidly, even if a relatively small number of people with that variant are already in the country.

Very contagious variant + mostly pre-symptomatic transmission = exponential spread

They might as well give up on this.

One big problem with recent COVID prevention methods is that they require highly burdensome sacrifices in order to achieve a negligible gain. Mask mandates, 6-foot distancing requirements, crowd restrictions, travel restrictions, and hyper-sanitizing have not been proven to make any kind of noticeable difference in COVID spread. So why are we doing it?

We should be in the "live with COVID, return to normal, and concentrate on major benefits" phase at this point. The vaccine makes a major difference. The upcoming COVID pill might make a major difference. Future treatments might make a major difference. This is where the focus should be, while everything else should return to normal.

Every day brings a series of risks, including that of death. Driving to the grocery store is a risk. Going skiing is a risk. Swimming is a risk. Hiking is a risk. Drinking alcohol is a risk. Getting on an airplane is a risk. Even shoveling snow is a risk.

We can't seek to bring risk to zero, because that causes a disruption of nornal life to where the tradeoff isn't worth it.

People who want to manage their own personal risk should have the right to do so, but it's just insane that we aren't back to normal life with everything. The fact that we're still masking and distancing young kids is just insane.

It's fairly clear at this point that COVID will be endemic, will have a constant stream of variants, and some people will die from it each year. Hopefully our advanced scientific minds can minimize that number as time wears on.
    You exist in a world of strawmen, no?

I never said it isn't exponential or anything counter to what you've said.

The only thing you said that relates to the discussion is "It doesn't seem useful to me". Then you go into this 'life is a risk' speech as if that is relevant.

Thats fine, but people/medical system still have to respond to these things.

Wonder if you have any better educated family members that would agree with your position?

Travel bans do (can?) shift the peak of such things a few weeks into the future so that people who need to prepare can then do so. The fact that it is exponential has little to do with this.

The biggest gripe should be how long it takes government to reverse these things when they're seen to not be useful. (Like with this omnicron thing.) It is all over the US so clearly the ban wasn't really useful in this case. However, you really don't want to default to this 'lets wait and see' option in these cases. You want to act decisively then reverse the position quickly. It is fairly easy with travel bans - not like going to war.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

The biggest gripe should be how long it takes government to reverse these things when they're seen to not be useful.
    had a great convo about this with a friend in film industry; virtually every show / movie being filmed now has a small army of covid-related roles in the credits. the bureaucracy involved in unwinding those changes is already a topic of concern.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    yes tine good to have you onboard finally

welcome to the covid industrial complex

lotta people gonna be lobbying for the next decade to keep as many measures in place as possible for as long as possible

Load Metric
    point is the govt aint gonna be in any rush to reverse any of these measures cos they are all super useful at making bank for the people that lobby the govt into doing their bidding

Load Metric
    just make sure you dont talk when you take your mask off to eat and we might all make it thru this

Comments

dwai: ROFL

The Boz: Coming soon….a mask you can eat though. Liberals crash website within minutes of being offered.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20211208-123218_Chrome.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  666.9 KB

this sounds super serious yall, you might be so sick that you're actually not sick!!!

ROFL WHO BELIEVES ANY OF THIS SHIT BESIDES KHALWAT AND BCR ROFL

Comments

Sanlmar: Wow, that’s interesting

JACKDANIELS: UH OH

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    You gotta wonder what percentage of business Corona testing has become for these satellite Urgent Care joints. A 15 minute procedure is billed to insurance at what rate? I have no idea but I’m sure it’s a nice number.

I swear I know the receptionist and her family on a first name basis. Going back Friday. Never been sick.

Sonatine alluded to jobs that have been created in Hollywood for administering Covid procedures.

No one will ever want to surrender that income without a fight. Lobbying whether subtle or overt certainly exists.

That and the flu shots which I’m no fan of either. Big biz. Those Urgent Care joints I have personally labeled as kinda scammy opportunists. An extension of declining crummy US healthcare.

Comments

The Boz: I have been wondering for a while what this is going to do to insurance rates. You have lunatics going to get texted every few days out of fear. Crazy liberals actually believe Fauci.

Load Metric
    Americans getting more of their healthcare in the rear of Walmarts in the pharmacy area.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You gotta wonder what percentage of business Corona testing has become for these satellite Urgent Care joints. A 15 minute procedure is billed to insurance at what rate? I have no idea but I’m sure it’s a nice number.

I swear I know the receptionist and her family on a first name basis. Going back Friday. Never been sick.

Sonatine alluded to jobs that have been created in Hollywood for administering Covid procedures.

No one will ever want to surrender that income without a fight. Lobbying whether subtle or overt certainly exists.

That and the flu shots which I’m no fan of either. Big biz. Those Urgent Care joints I have personally labeled as kinda scammy opportunists. An extension of declining crummy US healthcare.
    it's a booming business and I'd bet a lot of the key players trying to keep this charade going are heavily invested in these testing companies

Comments

The Boz:

Load Metric
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...tions-rcna7776

F Michigan, Illinois, New York and PA for being liberal shitholes.

Meanwhile here in Florida few even care or think about Covid and anyone wearing a mask in a grocery store gets dirty looks. And the end result is the lowest cases per capita for over a month now.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...tions-rcna7776

F Michigan, Illinois, New York and PA for being liberal shitholes.

Meanwhile here in Florida few even care or think about Covid and anyone wearing a mask in a grocery store gets dirty looks. And the end result is the lowest cases per capita for over a month now.

Hey, hey, wait a minute now!! I object to Massachusetts being left off the list of liberal shitholes. Let's not forget we also thought it was a good idea to keep our kids out of school for almost 2 years.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20211208-182539_Chrome.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  457.1 KB

pretty soon you will be an anti-vaxxer if you don't jab yourself when the elite tell you, and if you need to eat just briefly take your mask down and YOU PUT IT RIGHT BACK OVER YOUR SCUM FACE. cause FAUCI said so

LOL KHALWAT AND BCR ARE BUYING THIS HOOK LINE AND SINKER

Gold
    Load Metric

pretty soon you will be an anti-vaxxer if you don't jab yourself when the elite tell you, and if you need to eat just briefly take your mask down and YOU PUT IT RIGHT BACK OVER YOUR SCUM FACE. cause FAUCI said so

did you ever get covid, dwai? I suppose I don't regret my choice to take the 1st 2 shots especially since we were all lead to believe we could then resume normal activities sans mask only to have that abruptly change once the majority of people took the shots. I'm not falling for those lies again and have no intention of taking a 3rd shot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

did you ever get covid, dwai? I suppose I don't regret my choice to take the 1st 2 shots especially since we were all lead to believe we could then resume normal activities sans mask only to have that abruptly change once the majority of people took the shots. I'm not falling for those lies again and have no intention of taking a 3rd shot.
    no, I had the flu one time though, you know, tiredness, soreness, sick, much like covid is, actually identical

Thread Information