Page 750 of 946 FirstFirst ... 250650700740746747748749750751752753754760800850 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 15,000 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, I had my Moderna 50% Booster shot late afternoon on Thursday Nov. 4. My arm started hurting later that evening and the next day it got a bit worse, along with my shoulder area. A couple of days later I was able to run 10 miles, and although my arm hurt, it wasn't any more than that first 2 shots I got. The pain continued on and was really bad yesterday, the worst it has been. It's now a week since the shot and the pain has gotten worse. I can't lift my arm more than about 6 inches from my side without substantial pain. Putting on a shirt is very painful. Rolling over in bed is extremely painful. While I did have some previous discomfort in the area prior to the shot, it was very mild and didn't require medical treatment. Getting a massage tomorrow. Going to doctor next week if it doesn't get better. Any one else have similar issues with the booster?
    I would guess it will resolve before next week. I knew a handful of people who had similar stories with the Moderna. I got the booster Tuesday. I had some site injection soreness first day. Didn’t feel anything yesterday. Woke and went to gym, then golfed yesterday afternoon, and ended up grabbing a hotel room at the course as I’d drank a lot throughout day and evening and was up playing Euchre with a bunch of electrical contractors and engineers from Michigan at the hotel who are in town building some electric battery plant for the GM battery cars.

The soreness came back overnight.

I kept waking up every time I rolled over last night. I eventually got up around 5 AM and headed home because I didn’t have anything like Tylenol or Ibuprofen with me and their little gift shop in lobby was closed.

I felt 80 years old when I got up and jumped in the shower. Just sore everywhere. Those shots just cause general systemic inflammation for a few days to a week, to varying degrees. I dodged it for first go around. Was actually kind of happy I had some reaction after nothing first two, but not sickness at all, just headache day of shot and muscle soreness.

My arm isn’t as bad as yours, just feels like an adult punched me in the shoulder. Weather abruptly changed also. Went from near 70 afternoon to a cold front rolling in overnight, and that usually brings out the garden variety aches and pains. This was more than just that though. This morning felt like I played tackle football yesterday with twenty years olds while being over 50. It will pass. Small price to pay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    So, I had my Moderna 50% Booster shot late afternoon on Thursday Nov. 4. My arm started hurting later that evening and the next day it got a bit worse, along with my shoulder area. A couple of days later I was able to run 10 miles, and although my arm hurt, it wasn't any more than that first 2 shots I got. The pain continued on and was really bad yesterday, the worst it has been. It's now a week since the shot and the pain has gotten worse. I can't lift my arm more than about 6 inches from my side without substantial pain. Putting on a shirt is very painful. Rolling over in bed is extremely painful. While I did have some previous discomfort in the area prior to the shot, it was very mild and didn't require medical treatment. Getting a massage tomorrow. Going to doctor next week if it doesn't get better. Any one else have similar issues with the booster?
    I would guess it will resolve before next week. I knew a handful of people who had similar stories with the Moderna. I got the booster Tuesday. I had some site injection soreness first day. Didn’t feel anything yesterday. Woke and went to gym, then golfed yesterday afternoon, and ended up grabbing a hotel room at the course as I’d drank a lot throughout day and evening and was up playing Euchre with a bunch of electrical contractors and engineers from Michigan at the hotel who are in town building some electric battery plant for the GM battery cars.

I kept waking up every time I rolled over last night. I eventually got up around 5 AM and headed home because I didn’t have anything like Tylenol or Ibuprofen with me and their little gift shop in lobby was closed.

I felt 80 years old when I got up and jumped in the shower. Just sore everywhere. Those shots just cause general systemic inflammation for a few days to a week, to varying degrees. I dodged it for first go around. Was actually kind of happy I had some reaction after nothing first two, but not sickness at all, just headache day of shot and muscle soreness.

My arm isn’t as bad as yours, just feels like an adult punched me in the shoulder. Weather abruptly changed also. Went from near 70 afternoon to a cold front rolling in overnight, and that usually brings out the garden variety aches and pains. This was more than just that though. This morning felt like I played tackle football yesterday with twenty years olds while being over 50. It will pass. Small price to pay.
    Name:  dexm67aeo9g31.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  276.0 KB

I'M HEALTHY CAUSE I TOOK THE VACCINE!

Load Metric

are you both still going to get your 4th vaccine in another 6 months ? when does this end for you or are your just going to keep on getting this jab for the rest of your life ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    not saying you guys shouldnt keep on getting the jab forever if you want to but it seems like the symptoms you are getting from the vax are worse than the symptoms of covid for the majority of people
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    not saying you guys shouldnt keep on getting the jab forever if you want to but it seems like the symptoms you are getting from the vax are worse than the symptoms of covid for the majority of people
    Yeah I'm not 100% on getting it again in April 2022.

Basically each time I get 48 awful hours, one following day where I'm semi-sick, and then some lingering weirdness, such as that elbow bursitis I got 2 weeks later (which is now better).

The third shot was similar to the second, but worse.

Might be hard to bring myself to to this every 6 months.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20211112-215810_Gallery.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  562.2 KB

The 1-4 year olds are hundreds of times more likely to die of homicide than Covid. The 5-14 year olds are similar.

1. Why are so many children dying of homicide? That seems like a very high number of killings of kids.

2. Is covid that dangerous if it is a tiny fraction of how many homicides, suicides, and unintentional injuries there are in kids?

The 15-34 year old stats are just as bad but slightly different in that there are suicide and homicide at the top, but they still more likely to die of those than covid. And that completely ignores unintentional injuries.

I think people are not focusing in on the real issue here.

LOL CNN AND KHALWAT AND CNN AND BCR AND CNN AND SLOPPY JOE

Comments

splitthis:

Gold
    Load Metric

Thanks for asking that question Jack Daniels. I really don't know the answer to this. I've hesitated thus far in even taking the 3rd shot. Did you take the 3rd shot? Did anyone else take just 2 with no present plan for a 3rd? I don't really know what to do so I've done nothing. I'm not getting duped into taking shots indefinitely. I'd be very appreciative for your or anyones response.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I was at the mgm in springfield tonight. Where I walked in there is a small outside playground where 2 children were playing. Masked, They were all alone outside. I'm against anything that would ever cause harm to a child. I hope the kids can start going to school without masks on everywhere and now. The group least prone to the worst outcomes are the ones who've been impacted the most.

Load Metric

Basically each time I get 48 awful hours, one following day where I'm semi-sick, and then some lingering weirdness, such as that elbow bursitis I got 2 weeks later (which is now better).

i know quite a few people who are thinking the same thing now, esp as anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the reaction to the vaccine gets worse every time

throws up a whole lot of questions tho as if eveyone who doesnt keeps getting the booster every 6 months becomes classed as unvaccinated how long will they be able to keep restrictions on vaccinated people in place

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Thanks for asking that question Jack Daniels. I really don't know the answer to this. I've hesitated thus far in even taking the 3rd shot. Did you take the 3rd shot? Did anyone else take just 2 with no present plan for a 3rd? I don't really know what to do so I've done nothing. I'm not getting duped into taking shots indefinitely. I'd be very appreciative for your or anyones response.
    I had covid twice roughly a year apart before the vaccine was widely available, symptoms were not too bad the first time and pretty mild the second so didnt see any point in getting the vaccine

I'd have gotten it by now if it actually stopped infection / transmission and we werent expected to get a top up every 6 months

Most of my friends and family have had the first 2 but plenty of them feel like they have done their part now and won't be looking to get the jab indefinitely like you say

I really believe this should be getting distributed like the standard flu jab is, give it to the old and vulnerable on a yearly basis or if people still really want it then sure let them.

This is going to become pretty farcical if we keep on down this road and half the population has restrictions on them cos they didnt get their 5th/6th/7th booster jab

Load Metric

are you both still going to get your 4th vaccine in another 6 months ? when does this end for you or are your just going to keep on getting this jab for the rest of your life ?
    I can’t speak for him, but for myself. why the fuck not? I know people who have died. I know 2 people who are on oxygen every day. One was 25lbs too much, but the other was fit.

I had no side effects first two and I was sore a few days. Feel good today. Not getting it would be absolutely idiotic to me. It’s fifteen minutes , literally, because they make you wait 15. That’s it.

You make getting the jab sound like some serious shit. A few days or even week of soreness isn’t dick to me compared to having my life altered if I had a bad outcome with Covid. I laugh at the OMG what about if you have to have another booster! I go to the dentist every six months and that shit isn’t going to kill me. It’s ten times as uncomfortable.

You make Covid sound like some small illness. I’m glad it was for you, don’t know your age. I know very few people who got Covid who didn’t get wrecked for a few weeks even if they were never in jeopardy of dying. So even if it doesn’t kill you, it is way worse for almost anyone I knew than the cumulative side effects of a dozen shots. And they’re catching it again anyway also.

So I can’t logically come up with a single reason to not get it unless I was of the mind it has some dangerous shit in it or bought any of that nonsense.

I’ve been inconvenienced for a few days and I’ve been truly sick in a life altering way for years. The first isn’t dick, and the second I’ll avoid for as long as humanly possible if all it takes is 15 minutes of my time. I’d be a window licker not to imo.

He’s talking about pain in his arm after he ran ten miles. The one dude I know on oxygen played pickup basketball three times a week. I’m pretty sure he never will again. I’m pretty sure cerveza will be running still next week. One is an inconvenience and the other is very much life as you know it is over if you catch a bad case.
    Last edited by BCR; 11-13-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Load Metric

You’ll get it again if the virus is at all similar to what has been the last few years. At the end of the day, you’re simply too good at math and percentages to not properly weigh the obvious cost/benefit ratio of not getting it and deal with a few bad days. I’d guess you might not need to in six. Maybe more a year.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I agree with you most people should take the vaccine, but mandates are completely inconsistent with how we otherwise approach public health as a society, and stinks of authoritarianism, partisan politics and a cynical money grab. It is estimated half of the drivers on the roads in my state dont have insurance. That is a public health threat to me and my family, but the Democrat politicians who have been running my state the last 20 years couldn't give a single flying fuck. The obesity epidemic also has downstream consequences that affect everyone. Again, crickets. The list could go on and on forever.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: correct

splitthis:

Load Metric

I can’t speak for him, but for myself. why the fuck not? I know people who have died. I know 2 people who are on oxygen every day. One was 25lbs too much, but the other was fit.

I had no side effects first two and I was sore a few days. Feel good today. Not getting it would be absolutely idiotic to me. It’s fifteen minutes , literally, because they make you wait 15. That’s it.

You make getting the jab sound like some serious shit. A few days or even week of soreness isn’t dick to me compared to having my life altered if I had a bad outcome with Covid. I laugh at the OMG what about if you have to have another booster! I go to the dentist every six months and that shit isn’t going to kill me. It’s ten times as uncomfortable.

You make Covid sound like some small illness. I’m glad it was for you, don’t know your age. I know very few people who got Covid who didn’t get wrecked for a few weeks even if they were never in jeopardy of dying. So even if it doesn’t kill you, it is way worse for almost anyone I knew than the cumulative side effects of a dozen shots. And they’re catching it again anyway also.

So I can’t logically come up with a single reason to not get it unless I was of the mind it has some dangerous shit in it or bought any of that nonsense.

I’ve been inconvenienced for a few days and I’ve been truly sick in a life altering way for years. The first isn’t dick, and the second I’ll avoid for as long as humanly possible if all it takes is 15 minutes of my time. I’d be a window licker not to imo.

He’s talking about pain in his arm after he ran ten miles. The one dude I know on oxygen played pickup basketball three times a week. I’m pretty sure he never will again. I’m pretty sure cerveza will be running still next week. One is an inconvenience and the other is very much life as you know it is over if you catch a bad case.
    sure this all makes sense, its not a question of me trying to make covid sound like a small illness more that literally everyone i know who has had covid has had nothing more than a small illness. maybe like you say a big part of this is down to age, im late 30's so the majority of people i know would skew younger than you if you are say 50's/60's of whatever

ok one person i know of die with covid that my friends g/f's gran who was in her 80's and really sick at the time, it wasn't covid that killed her but still got counted as one. i dont even know anyone who ended up in the hospital and this includes my parents in their 60's, friends parents over half the people i know have had it id say

maybe americans are than much more unhealthy than people in the uk idk but its defo strange most the people you know who got it got wrecked and everyone i know was basically fine

to be clear all my mates arent clean living vegans we all drink, many smoke and eat shit food sometimes altho nobody i know is even close to being morbidly obese like some of the huge people you see in the usa

Gold
    Load Metric

You’ll get it again if the virus is at all similar to what has been the last few years. At the end of the day, you’re simply too good at math and percentages to not properly weigh the obvious cost/benefit ratio of not getting it and deal with a few bad days. I’d guess you might not need to in six. Maybe more a year.
    You might be underestimating how bad side effects of the vaccine can be for younger people who have virtually no symptoms from Covid. My third dose I literally felt like I had the flu for 2 days with a pounding headache and entire body chills and aches.

Before I got vaccinated I was doing Instacart and spending all day every day in crowded grocery stores, so it is very likely I picked up the virus at some point, but I never even got sick.

Like I said, if the evidence strongly suggests I should get a 4th dose, I will consider it. But I will definitely need to see the evidence. And I am definitely not volunteering to go first. I am going to wait and see how other people that had bad side effects to the third dose fair on the fourth.

Comments

BCR: Well I was clearly talking to Druff, hence why I quoted him, and he’ll be the big 50 in six months iirc.

Load Metric
    Watch carefully as Winter’s Coming, the cases of Covid infections and deaths in the vaccinated rise as media reporting of said cases declines.

Vaccine failure will prevail.

This is the new flu.

Fortify you body with healthy food, cardio. Lose the fat if you have it.

Comments

The Boz: Common sense regardless of Covid but walk down any street and see few care.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

It disturbs me what you probably had to google to find that image.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20211112-215810_Gallery.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  562.2 KB

The 1-4 year olds are hundreds of times more likely to die of homicide than Covid. The 5-14 year olds are similar.

1. Why are so many children dying of homicide? That seems like a very high number of killings of kids.

2. Is covid that dangerous if it is a tiny fraction of how many homicides, suicides, and unintentional injuries there are in kids?

The 15-34 year old stats are just as bad but slightly different in that there are suicide and homicide at the top, but they still more likely to die of those than covid. And that completely ignores unintentional injuries.

I think people are not focusing in on the real issue here.

LOL CNN AND KHALWAT AND CNN AND BCR AND CNN AND SLOPPY JOE
    You forgot CNN and Jimmy G and CNN

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Google? That’s was obviously taken from the camera on his computer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Google? That’s was obviously taken from the camera on his computer.
    DWAI IS JABBA THE HUT

THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE

Comments

dwai: ITS ALL MAKING SENSE BOYS

Thread Information