Page 727 of 947 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737777827 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,540 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, this is going to be required for ALL kids, provided the vaccine has FDA approval for their age group. Supposedly the EUA for ages 5-11 is coming soon, and the FDA approval isn't far behind, so that will mean ALL kids in school.

I am very upset by this announcement. I want it to be my choice as a parent -- not something forced upon me. The benefit from vaccinating children is MUCH lower than the benefit from vaccinating adults, and the risk is substantially higher (given the unknown developmental issues from it).

Newsom really sucks big time. Of course he waits until after the recall is over to announce this.
    Dan I know nothing of your family life and it’s really none of my business. But I will never understand why someone with your views would stay in a state that is basically against what you believe in. The taxes are way too high and you know other than a few house districts the GOP will never again get a Senate seat or a Governor. Your vote is wasted and your beliefs go against the direction the state is currently and it’s only getting worse.

So many better options like NV and even AZ that make more sense politically and financially. And your vote matters in both of them. And Nevada isn’t lost yet with a new poll (yea it’s early) showing Adam Laxalt up on CCM. Every conservative vote will be needed in Nevada next year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Next time you go for a drive with your son, why not just leave his seatbelt off.

It's a non-issue 99% of the time you drive.
    Seatbelts don't cause potential harm to development like new vaccines do.

Oh, and it's not 99% of the kids who are safe from COVID. It's 99.9993%.

Do you think it's justified to mandate a new and poorly understood vaccine for developing kids, when 0.0007% of kids have died from this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let's say COVID killed everyone at the rate it kills kids.

We would have had 2100 COVID deaths in the US -- TOTAL -- out of 330 million people, which means about 100 per month.

There would be no lockdowns, no mask mandates, no vaccine mandates, nothing. It would simply be regarded as a mild concern, and we'd mostly ignore it.

How do I know this? Because we had something 6x worse than that in 2009, the Swine Flu, which resulted in 12,600 US deaths.

Do you remember all the Swine Flu lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccines? You don't? Why not?

The left is treating the kids as if they're in at the same danger as middle-aged and elderly people, yet it's exponentially different. And then they're mandating insane policies based upon this delusion.

What happened to "the party of science"? Can they not read basic statistics and do basic math?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Next time you go for a drive with your son, why not just leave his seatbelt off.

It's a non-issue 99% of the time you drive.

Do you think it's justified to mandate a new and poorly understood vaccine for developing kids, when 0.0007% of kids have died from this?
    Link to study you're referencing?

Are you against the other 20 vaccines your kid is required to take to go to school or just this one?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Yes, this is going to be required for ALL kids, provided the vaccine has FDA approval for their age group. Supposedly the EUA for ages 5-11 is coming soon, and the FDA approval isn't far behind, so that will mean ALL kids in school.

I am very upset by this announcement. I want it to be my choice as a parent -- not something forced upon me. The benefit from vaccinating children is MUCH lower than the benefit from vaccinating adults, and the risk is substantially higher (given the unknown developmental issues from it).

Newsom really sucks big time. Of course he waits until after the recall is over to announce this.
    Dan I know nothing of your family life and it’s really none of my business. But I will never understand why someone with your views would stay in a state that is basically against what you believe in. The taxes are way too high and you know other than a few house districts the GOP will never again get a Senate seat or a Governor. Your vote is wasted and your beliefs go against the direction the state is currently and it’s only getting worse.

So many better options like NV and even AZ that make more sense politically and financially. And your vote matters in both of them. And Nevada isn’t lost yet with a new poll (yea it’s early) showing Adam Laxalt up on CCM. Every conservative vote will be needed in Nevada next year.
    This was the eternal question for me too. Why would you spend your only life in California? It has hardened him politically. He thinks about politics a great deal. More than any more adjusted person does. Typically only those who are aggrieved about status or are feeling slighted devote so much energy and resentment. I don’t think he fits that profile. I just think California molded him and now assaults him every day.

For the first time in my memory Druff posted a response to all of us on his personal compromise with life and California. I accepted it. I wish I could link it but it could be anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Are you against the other 20 vaccines your kid is required to take to go to school or just this one?
    Link to study?

How about the fact that the vaccine was made a year ago and they haven't begun to scratch the surface regarding possible long term side effects in kids? You really think there's no potential for harm here? There's even a potential for harm to me (though not as much, since I'm not developing), but that's a sensible risk to take, given that the potential for COVID harm is so much worse. For kids, not so much.

I'm not against the other vaccines, as they have all been around a long time, and lots is known about their risk profile.

Tell me, would you feel more comfortable taking a medication released in 1990 and deemed safe in the 31 years since, or one released last month?

Load Metric
    Let's say COVID killed everyone at the rate it kills kids.

We would have had 2100 COVID deaths in the US -- TOTAL -- out of 330 million people, which means about 100 per month.

There would be no lockdowns, no mask mandates, no vaccine mandates, nothing. It would simply be regarded as a mild concern, and we'd mostly ignore it.

How do I know this? Because we had something 6x worse than that in 2009, the Swine Flu, which resulted in 12,600 US deaths.

Do you remember all the Swine Flu lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccines? You don't? Why not?

The left is treating the kids as if they're in at the same danger as middle-aged and elderly people, yet it's exponentially different. And then they're mandating insane policies based upon this delusion.

What happened to "the party of science"? Can they not read basic statistics and do basic math?
    they must keep the perception that there is still a GlObAL pAnDeMiC still happening, so keeping kids who can't stick up for themselves in masks and jabbing them up is their goal, most smart adults see through the bullshit and are over it, but idiots like BCR, Walter Sobchak and sloppy joe want to put masks and vaccines into children and then gaslight you into thinking you're crazy for disagreeing, these are sick, demented individuals we're dealing with.

Comments

v12cl: nailed it

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Add "Centrist Toughguy" Nightmarefish to the list.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Link to study?

How about the fact that the vaccine was made a year ago and they haven't begun to scratch the surface regarding possible long term side effects in kids? You really think there's no potential for harm here? There's even a potential for harm to me (though not as much, since I'm not developing), but that's a sensible risk to take, given that the potential for COVID harm is so much worse. For kids, not so much.

I'm not against the other vaccines, as they have all been around a long time, and lots is known about their risk profile.

Tell me, would you feel more comfortable taking a medication released in 1990 and deemed safe in the 31 years since, or one released last month?
    So you'll wait 30 years for Ben to get the vaccine? We should all take this stance then no vaccine or medicine will ever be developed. Only 6.27 Billion covid shots given so far. How many billions before you're comfortable? MRNA vaccines have been studied and in development for over 20 years.

Load Metric
    lol @ vaccinating kids every year for the rest of their life for something that is no danger to them absolute insanity
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    the most amazing part is that so many people are in favour of this im starting to think team retard is actually more fitting for the blue team
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Link to study?

So you'll wait 30 years for Ben to get the vaccine? We should all take this stance then no vaccine or medicine will ever be developed. Only 6.27 Billion covid shots given so far. How many billions before you're comfortable? MRNA vaccines have been studied and in development for over 20 years.
    mRNA vaccines haven't been given to any population until COVID.

Who said I would wait 30 years? I was making the point that it's insane to deem a vaccine "safe for kids" a year after it was developed. There are tons of potential issues a vaccine could bring on, which won't be known for a long time. The other vaccines Ben gets have been around for a long time, and their long-term safety profile has been studied. Huge difference.

COVID is roughly equivalent to the flu in danger to kids. The left (and you?) treats it like it's a major concern for them, to the point where we have to force parents to inject them with it.

I don't see how you can believe that's possibly reasonable. Did you read what I wrote about the Swine Flu? The only reason we care so much about COVID is because of what it does to middle-aged and old people. If it were killing everyone at the (extremely low) rate it's killing kids, it would be a non-factor, and would be virtually ignored like the Swine Flu was. Do you deny this?

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Nightmarefish is a very confused "centrist".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    COVID has killed 0.0007% of all US kids!

Let's MANDATE a new, poorly understood vaccine to be injected into them, in order to make everyone feel safe from that 0.0007%!

Nothing wrong with that, right? Totally sane behavior from a free country.

Load Metric
    how safe the vaccine is or isnt shouldnt even be the issue, its how dumb it would be to give the flu jab every year to children this basically the same thing

actually its even more dumb cos the standard flu is more dangerous to young children

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    the most amazing part is that so many people are in favour of this im starting to think team retard is actually more fitting for the blue team

if Trump was pulling this shit the dweebs like BCR would be one of the biggest anti-vaxxers you've ever seen

Comments

JACKDANIELS: correct and you would prob be pro vax lol

Load Metric
    i mean even offering the vaccine to children would be hella dumb but forcing them to take it if they want to go to school is peak retardation amazing anyone who doesnt stand to profit from this actually thinks this is a good idea

Comments

dwai: no I wouldn't be pro vax if the roles were reversed, I'm pro vax now, just not this covid bullshit

Load Metric
    lol @ vaccinating kids every year for the rest of their life for something that is no danger to them absolute insanity
    I really don’t think I would vax my kid unless they had asthma or some more serious health condition. There are a lot of those kids. God bless those parents who deal with those stresses and hopefully a kid vax helps them.

I have never in my life had a flu shot and again wouldn’t give one to my kid. The philosophy at home was always skip the pill. I started very early with the pills and medicine are bad culture. Tough it out. I see my young adult kids still hold that attitude. I don’t think my son woulda gotten the vax if we didn’t make him do it for work. Not for him but the customers. (I wanted customers)

We gotta remind ourselves how pissed off young adults are about everything surrounding the pandemic. Work, politics & the social cost. That’s gonna manifest itself later when they are in control. Should be fun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I really don’t think I would vax my kid unless they had asthma or some more serious health condition. There are a lot of those kids. God bless those parents who deal with those stresses and hopefully a kid vax helps them.

I have never in my life had a flu shot and again wouldn’t give one to my kid. The philosophy at home was always skip the pill. I started very early with the pills and medicine are bad culture. Tough it out. I see my young adult kids still hold that attitude. I don’t think my son woulda gotten the vax if we didn’t make him do it for work. Not for him but the customers. (I wanted customers)

We gotta remind ourselves how pissed off young adults are about everything surrounding the pandemic. Work, politics & the social cost. That’s gonna manifest itself later when they are in control. Should be fun.
    lol I hate faggots who use this argument, oh I didn't do it for me, I did it for YOU!

for the people who can't get vaccinated!

eat shit, your son sounds like a liberal queer

Load Metric
    Must add every time I read you morons and the Covid vs deaths argument I laugh. It ain’t a binary issue.

Comments

dwai: tilting

gimmick:

Platinum
    Load Metric

mRNA vaccines haven't been given to any population until COVID.

Who said I would wait 30 years? I was making the point that it's insane to deem a vaccine "safe for kids" a year after it was developed. There are tons of potential issues a vaccine could bring on, which won't be known for a long time. The other vaccines Ben gets have been around for a long time, and their long-term safety profile has been studied. Huge difference.

COVID is roughly equivalent to the flu in danger to kids. The left (and you?) treats it like it's a major concern for them, to the point where we have to force parents to inject them with it.

I don't see how you can believe that's possibly reasonable. Did you read what I wrote about the Swine Flu? The only reason we care so much about COVID is because of what it does to middle-aged and old people. If it were killing everyone at the (extremely low) rate it's killing kids, it would be a non-factor, and would be virtually ignored like the Swine Flu was. Do you deny this?
    How many years and how many billions of shots before you’re comfortable? I’m glad to hear it’s less than 30 years.

How do you think those other vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective? If everyone took your stance we wouldn’t have vaccines for anything.

I agree with you that Covid doesn’t kill many kids. That’s why I’m confident by the time they give approval for younger kids they will be confident that the vaccine is safe for them. Would be a bad look to give approval and then have a bunch of kids dropping dead. I don’t think they’ll be taking any big risks there.

Or we could put on tinfoil hats and assume they don’t care about kids and just care about money.

You have a pediatrician you trust? I’m lucky I have one, he’s taken care of all my kids. I’ll be looking to him for final advice.

Thread Information