Page 704 of 946 FirstFirst ... 204604654694700701702703704705706707708714754804 ... LastLast
Results 14,061 to 14,080 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    yeah I'm really scared of CryptoNinja from pfa

I would stomp your punk ass
    You wouldn’t even see me coming. I’m a ninja, remember? Don’t worry bro, you aren’t worth it, but if I were you I would not go around talking shit about dead family members of people you don’t even know. Not smart.
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  8.7 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    yeah I'm really scared of CryptoNinja from pfa

I would stomp your punk ass
    You tell 'em, keyboard warrior!

Gotta love them internet tough guys. It's the only feeling of power they have in their miserable lives.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210830-162839_Chrome.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  253.0 KB

Comments

country978: fucking hypocrites

Load Metric
    New South African COVID-19 strain is the most mutated one yet: report

https://nypost.com/2021/08/30/covid-...accine-report/

At least we have something to look forward to.

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Email I got about concert I’m attending. Kind of surprised they didn’t say this when purchasing tickets. Not thrilled at having to wear mask, but being a grownup, no big deal. Actually once I thought about it, this had to tilt the fuck out of someone with tickets given you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours, or proof of being fully vaccinated, and you can’t go the two shot route in 12 days. Basically need a negative PCR test or J&J shot.

I like that it basically eliminates any trash from venue, but I didn’t assume she’d draw any in the first place. Amusing part is I’ll be at Ohio State Oregon game the day before with 103k people and masks only mandatory in the restrooms. I’ll be in a Petri dish one day and the strictest place outside a hospital setting the next.

We are writing to inform you of updated health and safety measures that will be in place at this performance as well as the lecture on Monday, Sept. 13 at 7PM.

NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENT TO ATTEND RHIANNON GIDDENS EVENTS
    At the request of Rhiannon Giddens, all who attend her upcoming appearances must present a negative PCR test for COVID-19. The negative PCR test result must be date-stamped within 72 hours of the events.

Audience members who are fully vaccinated may waive out the PCR test requirement by showing proof of vaccination. Acceptable proof includes an individual's physical vaccination card, a photo of the completed card, or digital vaccination record. A corresponding photo ID will be required for individuals showing vaccination information. Regardless of PCR test result or vaccination status, all attendees will be required to wear a mask in alignment with policy.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I'd tell Rhiannon she can kick rocks.

Comments

dwai: who the fuck is rihannon

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Email I got about concert I’m attending. Kind of surprised they didn’t say this when purchasing tickets. Not thrilled at having to wear mask, but being a grownup, no big deal. Actually once I thought about it, this had to tilt the fuck out of someone with tickets given you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours, or proof of being fully vaccinated, and you can’t go the two shot route in 12 days. Basically need a negative PCR test or J&J shot.

I like that it basically eliminates any trash from venue, but I didn’t assume she’d draw any in the first place. Amusing part is I’ll be at Ohio State Oregon game the day before with 103k people and masks only mandatory in the restrooms. I’ll be in a Petri dish one day and the strictest place outside a hospital setting the next.

We are writing to inform you of updated health and safety measures that will be in place at this performance as well as the lecture on Monday, Sept. 13 at 7PM.

NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENT TO ATTEND RHIANNON GIDDENS EVENTS
    At the request of Rhiannon Giddens, all who attend her upcoming appearances must present a negative PCR test for COVID-19. The negative PCR test result must be date-stamped within 72 hours of the events.

Audience members who are fully vaccinated may waive out the PCR test requirement by showing proof of vaccination. Acceptable proof includes an individual's physical vaccination card, a photo of the completed card, or digital vaccination record. A corresponding photo ID will be required for individuals showing vaccination information. Regardless of PCR test result or vaccination status, all attendees will be required to wear a mask in alignment with policy.
    you'll need a booster before you're allowed in vaccine drone boy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    I'd tell Rhiannon she can kick rocks.
    I hope a few others do also. I could only get third row off center a bit because the dead center first three rows were reserved for patrons of the symphony she’s performing at who had season passes. It’s three hours away, so I wasn’t going that route of buying a season pass for one show, but I’m hoping a few people dead center are anti-vaxxers. Feels doubtful. But it’s possible. She has some kind of crossover country appeal.

My plan was to find a couple college-aged music students who just happened to have great tickets and slip them a hundred to move back two rows. Now it’s possible I might not have to.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers are in exciting pennant race with Giants. Mixed feelings about what I want to do regarding attending games this month (and playoff games in October).

Downsides:

- 56,000 seat capacity at Dodger Stadium which is often full or near full

- Must pass through hallway with tons of people crammed in, has to be super dangerous for COVID

- There for 3+ hours

- People yelling and screaming a lot, which tends to spread COVID more (this is why meat packing places had such a COVID problem last year, since they yell over
    the sounds of the machines)

- Idiotic mask mandate in place by county

- I have Pfizer vaccination which is said to be less than 50% effective after 6 months -- I'm at 4 1/3 months

Upsides:

- Dodgers don't seem to give a shit about enforcing mask mandate

- Almost entire time spent outdoors

- For the most part, everyone is stationary during those 3 hours, so your exposure to the most of the people isn't particularly great

- Very little hospitalization or death among 50-year-olds who are fully vaccinated

- Can wear N-95 mask when in hallway, and not much time spent in there overall

- There do not seem to be a lot of reports of mass spreading at big outdoor events

So basically I can bring an N-95, wear it in the hallways, and take it off during the game, and I think I'll be relatively safe. Hmmmm....

Comments

shoeshine box: Bad Idea ,Any stadium.....IMO.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dodgers are in exciting pennant race with Giants. Mixed feelings about what I want to do regarding attending games this month (and playoff games in October).

Downsides:

- Must pass through hallway with tons of people crammed in, has to be super dangerous for COVID

- There for 3+ hours

- People yelling and screaming a lot, which tends to spread COVID more (this is why meat packing places had such a COVID problem last year, since they yell over

- I have Pfizer vaccination which is said to be less than 50% effective after 6 months -- I'm at 4 1/3 months

Upsides:

- For the most part, everyone is stationary during those 3 hours, so your exposure to the most of the people isn't particularly great

- Very little hospitalization or death among 50-year-olds who are fully vaccinated

- There do not seem to be a lot of reports of mass spreading at big outdoor events

So basically I can bring an N-95, wear it in the hallways, and take it off during the game, and I think I'll be relatively safe. Hmmmm....
    You realize there is a very real chance the Dodgers playoff run is 1 game, right? Dodgers fans have been so spoiled with deep playoff runs for so long, they just take them for granted, but they aren't.

Load Metric

Downsides:

- There for 3+ hours

Upsides:

Go. As you wrote, very little to almost non-existent hospitalization among vaccinated in our age group. Really not much in any age group. That’s all that matters to me. Not worth missing a memory with Ben over.

As I wrote the other day, my friend in Charlotte is the pharmacist in an ER. She and her group are tested every month. She was alarmed to find she was negative for antibodies at 7 months. A few others were also. Most of the group was still positive. That was first month anyone had tested negative. Clearly they are not there one day gone the next, so they’re waning, but it’s not resulting in severe illness. She got booster the next day.

I had hoped we had longer lasting immunity, but once I started knowing and hearing people get it two, and in a few cases, three times who weren’t vaccinated, I knew we were going to be doing this forever.

I wouldn’t skip anything at this point. Maybe come late October/November if it was bad, I might skip indoor shit. This thing is going to be with us forever and if you start halving your free time, you’re going to spend half the year avoiding shit.

Load Metric

Downsides:

- There for 3+ hours

Upsides:

Remember that conspiracy about the 3d shot you were convinced about in the distant past of 50 days ago? Something like...

"100% if the CDC said that a third shot is coming this year, there would be increased vaccine hesitancy among the unvaccinated. There's no question that would occur. I don't see why you believe it's far fetched that they would play down the need for a third shot right now when the third shot isn't ready to be distributed at the moment."

...wonder how that played out. I believe i said...

"FDA, CDC and WHO are saying either you don't need it now or they don't have enough data." and "You wouldn't even be eligible in the next 3 1/2 months"

...on my behalf i was obv guesstimating based on the 6 month timeline. The most generous timeline for your argument. It appears with 8 months you wouldn't have been eligible for another 5 1/3 months.

Load Metric
    Explain?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Downsides:

- There for 3+ hours

Upsides:

Go. As you wrote, very little to almost non-existent hospitalization among vaccinated in our age group. Really not much in any age group. That’s all that matters to me. Not worth missing a memory with Ben over.

As I wrote the other day, my friend in Charlotte is the pharmacist in an ER. She and her group are tested every month. She was alarmed to find she was negative for antibodies at 7 months. A few others were also. Most of the group was still positive. That was first month anyone had tested negative. Clearly they are not there one day gone the next, so they’re waning, but it’s not resulting in severe illness. She got booster the next day.

I had hoped we had longer lasting immunity, but once I started knowing and hearing people get it two, and in a few cases, three times who weren’t vaccinated, I knew we were going to be doing this forever.

I wouldn’t skip anything at this point. Maybe come late October/November if it was bad, I might skip indoor shit. This thing is going to be with us forever and if you start halving your free time, you’re going to spend half the year avoiding shit.
    To the best of my knowledge they have yet to determine the exact relationship between antibody levels and immunity. FWIW, generally viral pathogens are controlled mainly by the cell mediated adaptive immune system (T cells and NK cells), as opposed to the humoral immune system (antibodies). But as I have explained before, it is MUCH more difficult to detect virus specific memory T cells than antibodies. But it is possible some level of immunity is maintained even when antibody levels become undetectable.

Load Metric

Downsides:

- There for 3+ hours

Upsides:

I would probably go if I cared enough about the Dodgers.

Basically we're all having to make these decisions and probably will for some time.

We all flew to Virginia earlier this summer as my 90+ year old grandfather wanted to meet his great grandkids before he dies. Felt ok then, would be a harder call now that Delta affects children to some extent.

Won't be going to regular season Blazers games for example until things improve, wouldn't think less of those who do. Probably would if I weren't a parent.

Thread Information