Page 686 of 947 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,720 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Vaccinated Las Vegas flight attendant dies from COVID, mother says

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-says-2419704/

Druff better lock himself in his basement until next year.

Well the dude is obviously old and fat so not even a vaccine can help that guy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Ok. From now on just assume when i say no one, i mean no one credible.

I have zero doubt there are dumbasses saying stupid shit all the time. I have even less doubt that news organizations that focus on entertainment will find aforementioned dumbasses and give them a voice no one needs to hear. Maybe i shouldn't assume that most non mouth breathers have at this point learned how to weed out worthless information.

And yea all the global school closures were just about your precious teachers unions. It's not like it's a standard protocol with infectious diseases or anything. That would be crazy.

And here lies within one of the biggest problems with the invention of the internet. It used to be people would pay money to award winning newspapers with journalistic integrity to consume information. Sure you would also have some Editorials and opinions would manifest in the work per a normal human bias but all things considered it was about the facts.

Now nobody pays and what most people think is they want to be informed but what it’s turned into is they want to be entertained.

Don’t give me that mouth breather bullshit becuase it’s mainstream allegedly unbiased institutions that are busy trying to entertain by sensationalizing.
    Lol, Teemu Faucikakkenen over here just reads government publications from other countries (since his doesn't matter) and acts like they are legit. I trust Jimmy Gbot more about the bay area than anything he says in this thread.

Lol mouthbreathers....

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Dude looks like he prob had AIDS... Most those flight attendants a little light in the loafers.

Comments

splitthis: Prep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

"No one" is worried about the health ramifications to kids and young people?

The scare pieces on CNN and other mainstream outlets speak otherwise.

Notice the ominous headlines tend to read, "Children's Hospital Almost Out of Beds Due to Huge Pediatric COVID Admissions Spike", not "Children Might Be Spreading COVID While Presymptomatic". Even The Lincoln Project got in on the action, showing a graphic video of a little kid near death while on a ventilator.

The implication is that we need to support lockdowns and mask mandates in order to keep our kids from dying, and this time they're totally really in danger, and not just being used as pawns by the teachers' unions like last time.

I have zero doubt there are dumbasses saying stupid shit all the time. I have even less doubt that news organizations that focus on entertainment will find aforementioned dumbasses and give them a voice no one needs to hear. Maybe i shouldn't assume that most non mouth breathers have at this point learned how to weed out worthless information.

And yea all the global school closures were just about your precious teachers unions. It's not like it's a standard protocol with infectious diseases or anything. That would be crazy.
    The "dumbasses saying stupid shit" in this case are the entire mainstream media and most of the US left.

That's what you seem to be missing (or intentionally ignoring).

The "Delta is killing kids and young people" panic is aimed at scaring everyone into being pro-lockdown and pro-mask-mandate, not communicating information regarding these groups getting others sick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

And here lies within one of the biggest problems with the invention of the internet. It used to be people would pay money to award winning newspapers with journalistic integrity to consume information. Sure you would also have some Editorials and opinions would manifest in the work per a normal human bias but all things considered it was about the facts.

Now nobody pays and what most people think is they want to be informed but what it’s turned into is they want to be entertained.

Don’t give me that mouth breather bullshit becuase it’s mainstream allegedly unbiased institutions that are busy trying to entertain by sensationalizing.
    Ok. We've had some form of shit journalism for as long we've had journalism.

Before the internet we had these things called tabloids. Are you saying that people that generally took tabloids as accurate representation of reality weren't mouth breathers?

Tabloids and most of your mainstream media still mostly rely on facts. They are just selective facts. You can lie just as much and you don't have to care about getting sued.

To a degree TV brought the first metrics that supported a more sensationalist approach. Viewer numbers, minutes spent watching and how many commercials they could cram down your throat.

The internet gave us clicks, engagement and time spent on site.

Load Metric

The "dumbasses saying stupid shit" in this case are the entire mainstream media and most of the US left.

That's what you seem to be missing (or intentionally ignoring).

The "Delta is killing kids and young people" panic is aimed at scaring everyone into being pro-lockdown and pro-mask-mandate, not communicating information regarding these groups getting others sick.
    My first page on Google search gave me these hits with "Delta is killing kids and young people".

Forbes - "Hospitals In Southern U.S. Report Record Numbers Of Children Hospitalized Amid Delta Surge—Though Deaths Still Extremely Rare"

The Atlantic - "In the week that ended with July 29, more than 70,000 children got COVID-19, representing nearly a fifth of all cases. Though a vanishingly small number of kids have died of the disease"

NY Times - "It is not yet clear whether the Delta variant causes more severe disease in children, but its high level of infectiousness is causing a surge of pediatric Covid-19 cases."

The Hill - "Health experts still consider children to be at lower risk for serious illness and hospitalization but as more adults get vaccinated, children make up more of the unvaccinated population that is more susceptible to the variant.

Experts also note that while it’s unclear at this point if the delta strain causes more severe illness in children, with higher case counts in general, more hospital admissions are expected."

Sun Herald - Local crap about 4th kid that died. - Not even remotely interested in turning my off my adblocker.

WWNO - "'This Should Scare The Hell Out Of You': New Orleans Officials Warn Delta Variant Is Here And 'Killing People'" - no mention of kids, besides mentioning they can't get vaccines right now

And that's about it. You can try if your google gives you better results. Mine doesn't appear to care.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lol google

I just posted the front page main article from CNN earlier, with an extremely misleading headline. Do you think "kids need to wait for another to die" was the takeaway which should have been the headline?

I've seen lots of others over the past few weeks, but didn't bother to bookmark them.

Are you denying that the mainstream US media is attempting to make it look like kids are in big time danger from COVID?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

Dude looks like he prob had AIDS... Most those flight attendants a little light in the loafers.
    No idea if this guy had the butt flu, he may have. Covid-19 yeah is punishing to those with pre-existing conditions. If he had he butt-flu yeah he was worked over by the virus. Tough beat.

Load Metric
    Who cares how many people are getting infected at this point? The only stat that matters right now is deaths and they are low. The death rate is low, and no real scientist on either side of the political aisle thinks zero covid is possible. So what is the point of all these mandates? This isnt the Spanish flu in a time we werent connected globally like we are today. There are going to be mutations until the end of time from incoming folks from other countries that have low vaccination rates.

Get the vaccine, boosters, and all the meds that actually makes sense. Do your own research since the CDC does nothing but lie.

The population that is going to get screwed the most from this is the kids. With technology as is, you have children that were already born into a losing battle in terms of socialization . These mandates are going to complete screw them up and in 10 years there are going to be a bunch of children hitting teenage years with all kinds of mental disorders whichwill stem from them not being socialized at an early age. For what? Kids are not dying from this .
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric

AirTran Airways

I thought the flight attendants served on a volunteer basis

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post
    Who cares how many people are getting infected at this point? The only stat that matters right now is deaths and they are low. The death rate is low, and no real scientist on either side of the political aisle thinks zero covid is possible. So what is the point of all these mandates? This isnt the Spanish flu in a time we werent connected globally like we are today. There are going to be mutations until the end of time from incoming folks from other countries that have low vaccination rates.

Get the vaccine, boosters, and all the meds that actually makes sense. Do your own research since the CDC does nothing but lie.

The population that is going to get screwed the most from this is the kids. With technology as is, you have children that were already born into a losing battle in terms of socialization . These mandates are going to complete screw them up and in 10 years there are going to be a bunch of children hitting teenage years with all kinds of mental disorders whichwill stem from them not being socialized at an early age. For what? Kids are not dying from this .
    Give me a fucking break, you got NO TOE! Not sure if you are vaccinated, but fuck you are on the short list.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Give me a fucking break, you got NO TOE! Not sure if you are vaccinated, but fuck you are on the short list.
    I am pro vaccination because the data makes sense that it lessen severe symptoms. Masks are mostly useless at this point and mandating them does far more harm than good to the population. The mask is dehumanizing and is destroys socialization/education among the younger population for no good reason based on the data

Comments

country978: agree100%

Load Metric
    Lol google

I just posted the front page main article from CNN earlier, with an extremely misleading headline. Do you think "kids need to wait for another to die" was the takeaway which should have been the headline?

I've seen lots of others over the past few weeks, but didn't bother to bookmark them.

Are you denying that the mainstream US media is attempting to make it look like kids are in big time danger from COVID?
    So not so much "The "dumbasses saying stupid shit" in this case are the entire mainstream media and most of the US left"?

One article that doesn't mention kids dying to Covid is your solid proof of whatever. Oh and of course "lots of others over the past few weeks, but didn't bother to bookmark them".

I thought i covered click baiting before. Considering that's most of your threads you should have a fairly good idea what it means.

Gold
    Load Metric

This was very well said. It seems to me kids are not only the worst impacted at this point but the only ones in some areas such as Massachusetts where I am from. Masks are being forced on the kids for school but the state itself has no mandate so your kid has to wear a mask in school but can go to large unmasked gatherings outside of school. All these folks on here arguing about numbers and politics and only half of you realize there is nothing more to do. Just treat the sick and the dead and dont worry about it anymore. The ones who dont get this are the ones who want to put masks on kids in school for no good reason and a lot of bad ones.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    YOU FUCKING PIECES SO FHSIT JUST SEND ME MONEY ON VENMO FOR MY VEGas TRIP, I FUCKING HATRE THIS SITE
    I don’t use Venmo because it’s owned by GayPal and I hate GayPal.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

This was very well said. It seems to me kids are not only the worst impacted at this point but the only ones in some areas such as Massachusetts where I am from. Masks are being forced on the kids for school but the state itself has no mandate so your kid has to wear a mask in school but can go to large unmasked gatherings outside of school. All these folks on here arguing about numbers and politics and only half of you realize there is nothing more to do. Just treat the sick and the dead and dont worry about it anymore. The ones who dont get this are the ones who want to put masks on kids in school for no good reason and a lot of bad ones.
    Let’s be clear about Massachusetts and the requirement for masks in schools

Heading into the third consecutive school year disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, some Massachusetts school districts are requiring students and staff to mask up.

Though the state has recommended mask-wearing for anyone unvaccinated, final decisions were left in the hands of municipalities.
    This is EXACTLY as it should be. A local decision - despite Druff’s jibber jabber on the topic. You and your neighbors.

No big daddy. Don’t tread on me

Now state colleges are a horse of a different color. There are options if don’t like the state decision. I am seeing different requirements for vaccinated students among the private universities locally. Texas and Florida are prolly options too.

This is the way it should be in America. You may not like the decision but respect the right to choose.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-13-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Heading into the third consecutive school year disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, some Massachusetts school districts are requiring students and staff to mask up.

Though the state has recommended mask-wearing for anyone unvaccinated, final decisions were left in the hands of municipalities.
    This is EXACTLY as it should be. A local decision - despite Druff’s jibber jabber on the topic. You and your neighbors.

Now state colleges are a horse of a different color. There are options if you don’t like the school. However, private colleges and universities in the area are requiring as well. Texas and Florida are prolly options.

This is the way it should be in America. You may not like the decision but respect the right to choose.
    I actually agree with this IF it is at the state level. If you dont like the states policies, as stupid as they may be, then you move to another state. I get this is a clusterfuck but this is how it should be. Keep moving until you find a state that agrees with your own values and polices. Federally is a different ballgame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Now state colleges are a horse of a different color. There are options if you don’t like the school. However, private colleges and universities in the area are requiring as well. Texas and Florida are prolly options.

I actually agree with this IF it is at the state level. If you dont like the states policies, as stupid as they may be, then you move to another state. I get this is a clusterfuck but this is how it should be. Keep moving until you find a state that agrees with your own values and polices. Federally is a different ballgame.
    This is my anthem….

However, I took issue with DeSantis on the following. (He was not quite the conservative or libertarian I imagined. Showman, yes.)

I paid for the school through my property taxes. The quality of the local school is a big factor in property values. I and my neighbors in town will decide for our children. Not you and not the Governor. I don’t need their help choosing.

We can attend town meeting and discuss or have fisticuffs. Nothing is more personal.

If you chose a school with 22,000 kids you prolly already have other issues and should just quit.

Load Metric
    27 vaccinated people test positive for COVID on Carnival ship

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/27-v..._headlines_hed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    27 vaccinated people test positive for COVID on Carnival ship

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/27-v..._headlines_hed
    If their friends could only see them now!

Thread Information