Page 678 of 948 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728778 ... LastLast
Results 13,541 to 13,560 of 18957

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The "if you don't like it, move" thing only has limited practicality. Some people actually can't move, because of child custody or work reasons. Even those who can often don't for various valid reasons.

So if you're in a state where the government is how you like, you shouldn't have to worry about who wins county/local elections regarding major laws and regulations. For the most part, the state government should dictate major law, and local government should dictate local matters.
    I can’t disagree more. In fact this deserves a rare for me

There is a massive correlation between home values and schools. The local school system is a major component in a family’s decision on where to live for those who choose public education. The highest performing schools exist in towns with larger and more expensive homes.

My property tax pays for school construction and operation. Not the school in the neighboring town. It’s my kid and I paid for that school. That’s as local as it fucking gets. Who wins the local election is pretty much up to me and my neighbors. Get involved in local politics in some fashion to protect your way of life.

If I don’t like the local school system I can spend the $25k/yr or move to a town with a better school system. It might be 20 miles away. There are large differences in very small geographic areas. You know this to be true. No divorce agreement is going to prohibit giving a shit about my kids education. Custody is nonsense.

I don’t know how it is in retardia but in New England we still have town meetings like the damn pilgrims fresh off the Mayflower. I have gone to town meeting where the decision to build a new school was debated. It is an important decision because your property tax will be increased but your town image improves and kids benefit. It was so interesting to witness first hand these very personal issues being argued by my neighbors. This is democracy at its absolute best. I encourage that. Anything less deserves a tomato and I’m throwing one at your boy.

I don’t need big daddy to help me with democracy. DeSantis is being a thundering blow hard. I cheered him on this issue along with the clown in Texas until I learned they were not allowing counties and towns to choose. Fuck off with that.

I can’t believe you don’t support local politics except that you are likely just doubling down on your previous DeSantis support.
    DeSantis preserved freedom from forced masking. Your kids can still wear a mask if they want.

Forcing kids into masks when kids have a .000 something death rate, and all the teachers have been vaccinated, is absurd.

The longer they can keep people in masks, the longer this goes on, and the longer government can use it's "emergency powers" to force everyone to comply, no matter whether it's shutting down your business, forcing a shot into your arm, or to show papers to access your "freedom"

It's not about safety, it's about compliance and control.

Fuck a god damn mask, and anyone who doesn't see through this after a year and a half.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

There is a massive correlation between home values and schools. The local school system is a lmajor component in a family’s decision on where to live for those who choose public education. The highest performing schools exist in towns with larger and more expensive homes.

My property tax pays for school construction and operation. Not the school in the neighboring town. It’s my kid and I paid for that school. That’s as local as it fucking gets. Who wins the local election is pretty much up to me and my neighbors. Get involved in local politics in some fashion to protect your way of life.

If I don’t like the local school system I can spend the $25k/yr or move to a town with a better school system. It might be 20 miles away. There are large differences in very small geographic areas. You know this to be true. No divorce agreement is going to prohibit giving a shit about my kids education. Custody is nonsense.

I don’t know how it is in retardia but in New England we still have town meetings like the damn pilgrims fresh off the Mayflower. I have gone to town meeting where the decision to build a new school was debated. It is an important decision because your property tax will be increased but your town image improves and kids benefit. It was so interesting to witness first hand these very personal issues being argued by my neighbors. This is democracy at its absolute best. I encourage that. Anything less deserves a tomato and I’m throwing one at your boy.

I don’t need big daddy to help me with democracy. DeSantis is being a thundering blow hard. I cheered him on this issue along with the clown in Texas until I learned they were not allowing counties and towns to choose. Fuck off with that.

I can’t believe you don’t support local politics except that you are likely just doubling down on your previous DeSantis support.
    DeSantis preserved freedom from forced masking. Your kids can still wear a mask if they want.

Forcing kids into masks when kids have a .000 something death rate, and all the teachers have been vaccinated, is absurd.

The longer they can keep people in masks, the longer this goes on, and the longer government can use it's "emergency powers" to force everyone to comply, no matter whether it's shutting down your business, forcing a shot into your arm, or to show papers to access your "freedom"

It's not about safety, it's about compliance and control.

Fuck a god damn mask, and anyone who doesn't see through this after a year and a half.
    He’s telling the Fed’s to fuck off. That’s fine. Just remember to follow the golden rule. Nobody gets a pass

Local>State>Federal

I don’t need big daddy.

There is something about DeSantis that doesn’t strike me as a southern politician. That’s not a complaint, of course. Lol. Hard to put my finger on it. He’s smart. Maybe that’s it.

Hey, the public schools in conservative Florida are a shit ton better than California. Not great but not the bottom. Let’s take a moment to acknowledge that
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-09-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Load Metric
    Ok, I have to give credit where credit is due. Dwai’s memes are fucking fire and hilarious.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric

There is something about DeSantis that doesn’t strike me as a southern politician. That’s not a complaint, of course. Lol. Hard to put my finger on it. He’s smart. Maybe that’s it.
    Classic Literature

Comments

simpdog: solid gold

Load Metric
    Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was noncommittal on whether he would get vaccinated after getting infected with COVID-19 twice in the past eight months

Gold
    Load Metric
    Biden was a huge Iraq invasion guy like you, Druff. Time granted him a mulligan.

Turns out DeSantis does not allow counties in his state the right to choose.

You’re right, at 42 DeSantis will have time to separate himself from this shitshow. This is political suicide but fun theater.

Crowe won’t be happy but Gov Baker (R) is the sort to grab a wider swath of voters. We are talking many years from now though.
    Governor Baker, Sanlmar? Please, no. You must know by now that the schools in MA were not open to students for 14 or so months? The consensus view in MA is to mask children and consider additional closures should the teachers unions decide to order Mr Baker to close them. I want that motherfucker to hang.

Load Metric
    really awesome x-factor to getting sick and ending up on a ventilator in texas; they have an awful lot of brownouts / blackouts.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    really awesome x-factor to getting sick and ending up on a ventilator in texas; they have an awful lot of brownouts / blackouts.
    more propaganda from pfa's fattest faggot

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I hope so because he is an absolute retard and will be destroyed.
    Actually, he's a good candidate. He has a lot of Trump's appealing qualities without a lot of Trump's negatives. Notice you don't see Desantis tweeting stupid shit, nor do you see him emotionally flipping out every time someone criticizes him. Way more polished, yet has the cred with working class conservatives and independents that Trump was able to garner.
    He will also have millions of people just like me who voted for President Biden. I would vote for the Florida governor right now for president precisely for the way he has handled the virus in his state. History is going to show that the governors who shut down schools, courts and businesses committed crimes against the people of their respective states. They lacked the courage to stand up to the teachers unions and ended up with 3 years of policy that hurt children the worst. Way worse than any virus ever could.

Load Metric

The "if you don't like it, move" thing only has limited practicality. Some people actually can't move, because of child custody or work reasons. Even those who can often don't for various valid reasons.

So if you're in a state where the government is how you like, you shouldn't have to worry about who wins county/local elections regarding major laws and regulations. For the most part, the state government should dictate major law, and local government should dictate local matters.

There is a massive correlation between home values and schools. The local school system is a major component in a family’s decision on where to live for those who choose public education. The highest performing schools exist in towns with larger and more expensive homes.

If I don’t like the local school system I can spend the $25k/yr or move to a town with a better school system. It might be 20 miles away. There are large differences in very small geographic areas. You know this to be true. No divorce agreement is going to prohibit giving a shit about my kids education. Custody is a nonsense argument.

Because DeSantis isn’t about policy, he’s about theater. As long as he can virtue signal to the anti-vax and Trumptards he doesn’t care what is actually effective or what is good policy.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Actually, he's a good candidate. He has a lot of Trump's appealing qualities without a lot of Trump's negatives. Notice you don't see Desantis tweeting stupid shit, nor do you see him emotionally flipping out every time someone criticizes him. Way more polished, yet has the cred with working class conservatives and independents that Trump was able to garner.
    He will also have millions of people just like me who voted for President Biden. I would vote for the Florida governor right now for president precisely for the way he has handled the virus in his state. History is going to show that the governors who shut down schools, courts and businesses committed crimes against the people of their respective states. They lacked the courage to stand up to the teachers unions and ended up with 3 years of policy that hurt children the worst. Way worse than any virus ever could.
    And you will be balanced out by people who think he is retarded for not doing more for public safety.

Gold
    Load Metric

If I don’t like the local school system I can spend the $25k/yr or move to a town with a better school system. It might be 20 miles away. There are large differences in very small geographic areas. You know this to be true. No divorce agreement is going to prohibit giving a shit about my kids education. Custody is a nonsense argument.

Because DeSantis isn’t about policy, he’s about theater. As long as he can virtue signal to the anti-vax and Trumptards he doesn’t care what is actually effective or what is good policy.
    Walter, I am not anti vax or trumptard. This is a most important issue for me. I hope you'll keep an open mind to those who voted with you and took the shot. Slowly but surely the blue states are all going back to restrictive policy we already know did very little to help but caused a lot of harm. I think Desantis is a bit of a douche from the little I know of him but he is also a hero to me for having the courage to allow the people in his state to make their own choices. I am far from alone in this demographic.

Gold
    Load Metric

And you will be balanced out by people who think he is retarded for not doing more for public safety.
    public safety? please. the collateral damage the virus caused has been worse. Maybe you dont have kids or your kids werent kept from school. Or maybe you didnt need the courts to function for you over the past 18 months and I'm sure you would not have this outlook had you lost your business or been forced to close. I am quite sure if you had experienced this 1st hand your thinking would be a different.

Load Metric
    Interesting, anybody have a clip of Biden telling the black female democrat mayor of Boston to get out of the way?

Obviously not, cause politics and things.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Interesting, anybody have a clip of Biden telling the black female democrat mayor of Boston to get out of the way?

Obviously not, cause politics and things.

rofl what a stupid n-word

Load Metric

He'll eventually get cucked by Trump somehow and that will be that.

The former guy is probably already smarting about him getting Team Retard love over muh freedumz despite high COVID spread and mutation. DeSantis efforts at kissing the ring will be for naught as they have been for just about everyone else.

LOL Team Retard, keep on killing your voters lulz.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

He'll eventually get cucked by Trump somehow and that will be that.

The former guy is probably already smarting about him getting Team Retard love over muh freedumz despite high COVID spread and mutation. DeSantis efforts at kissing the ring will be for naught as they have been for just about everyone else.

LOL Team Retard, keep on killing your voters lulz.
    literally nobody is dying of covid except fat old people

keep believing cnn

Comments

NickyPipes: Brother this is actually true but also old people

Load Metric

Walter, I am not anti vax or trumptard. This is a most important issue for me. I hope you'll keep an open mind to those who voted with you and took the shot. Slowly but surely the blue states are all going back to restrictive policy we already know did very little to help but caused a lot of harm. I think Desantis is a bit of a douche from the little I know of him but he is also a hero to me for having the courage to allow the people in his state to make their own choices. I am far from alone in this demographic.
    He is not allowing people in the state to make their own choices. He is disallowing mask mandates or proof of vaccination requirements even by private companies. So much for the Republicans’ love for private property rights.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 08-09-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was noncommittal on whether he would get vaccinated after getting infected with COVID-19 twice in the past eight months
    Good for him brother he knows how badly his abundant god given talent would suffer if he got injected with government poison

Gold
    Load Metric

He is not allowing people in the state to make their own choices. He is disallowing mask mandates even by private companies. So much for the Republicans’ love for private property rights.
    Brother everybody in the Great State of Florida can make their own choices. There are a handful of people who still wear a mask at the local athletic club. Nobody bothers them.

There are local businesses that have a sign that says something like “please wear a mask before entering if not vaccinated “

You know who cares? You know who’s making a big deal? It’s business as usual brother, a few people want to wear masks, for some it is a fetish, it’s their choices who cares

Nicky Pipes has never and would never wear a mask but if you are scared and want to “cover up” brother please feel free but Nicky Pipes is out here going raw brother

Thread Information