Page 674 of 947 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675676677678684724774 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,480 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    The Premonition. Michael Lewis

In January of 2020, Dean was alarmed when she saw images circulating on social media that appeared to show Chinese authorities welding apartment doors shut to keep residents indoors.

Dr. Charity Dean: And watching those videos on Twitter, 'cause I had no other source of information, I thought, 'They know something we don't and this is real.'

Dean's hunch was that international travel into California's major airports meant the virus was already circulating in her state. She guessed there might be 100 undetected cases of COVID-19. Dean did what she called "dirty math" on her whiteboard, plotting what the virus might do to California in the coming weeks.

John Dickerson: So you're doing the dirty math on the whiteboard and you step back and you think what?

Dr. Charity Dean: I thought, 'Oh my God. I don't believe this. It's 20 million in May.'

Her projection of 20 million cases meant half of California's population would be infected within four months unless officials intervened to slow the virus's path.

John Dickerson: What was the response when you told your bosses that?

Dr. Charity Dean: Disbelief. Shock. And then irritation.

John Dickerson: Why irritation?

Dr. Charity Dean: Because I think it's just really hard for the human brain to grasp the exponential growth of an existential threat.

John Dickerson: They didn't even let you use the word 'pandemic' when you wanted to, is that right?

Dr. Charity Dean: I was asked to not say the word 'pandemic' because it might scare people. But I was scared.

John Dickerson: And you thought people should be too?

Dr. Charity Dean: Absolutely.
    What was the response? I’ll give you a few minutes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    If anyone needs vax cards, DM me. Running a sale, 2 copies, 1 price

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Infinite so long as 99.9% of them were unvaccinated.

The death rate I keep seeing is .007% of recent deaths are vaccinated and of the .007% “all” of them were 70 years or 500 lbs.

If we had 2 Million people die in the next 30 days and 140 of them were vaccinated and 1,999,860 were not then let’s get it the fuck over with.
    This thread always makes me think about if we were just now discovering the link between smoking and lung cancer like 1950. Like the old Saturday Night Live skit where the doctor has a cigarette in his mouth going,”what is it causing all this lung cancer?”

Other than minimal second hand effects, generally a smoker only kills himself. But I don’t doubt you’d have millions of smoking denialists fighting about it all day in the face of all evidence. You’d have politicians lighting up on the house floor to show how nuts they are to their supporters. People starting to smoke out of solidarity. People fighting kids in stores when they light up. We are at that level of stupidity and denial.
    I disagree with your analogy. Yes, we know smoking is bad and causes illness. There are generations worth of people who can attest to that. There is no argument to be made that smoking is good for you. The vaccines came out less than a year ago. They were politized by both parties and some people were put in fear of the vaccines as a result. Others like Nicky Pipes believe theyre healthy enough to be in the 80% of folks who get no symptoms. Others cannot take it for medical or religious reasons. Whatever it is that is their business and you calling those folks stupid and declaring yourself smart on the issue only makes people angry and want to dig in their heels. Some people just dont like being told what to do. Leave the people alone. Please. This is a free country where people make their own choices. I took the vaccine. I dont think there is anything to fear from it but that doesnt give me the right or responsibility to pass judgment about someone elses choices when most often you know nothing about the reasons for someone else's choice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    We cannot forget that the reason some of the Black population esp. in Deep South are reluctant for the simple fact they were used as guinea pigs in Research for sTD's. imo...idk for sure. Could be a small reason....

Media keeps blaming Trump supports yet 65% of FoxNews watchers say they are vaxxed meanwhile the lowest numbers are in Blacks and Hispanics who unless they left wants to change the narrative are pretty much Democrat voters for a large majority.
    If that’s true then why are the hotspots in white rural areas of Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee and places with aggressive hostility to protective measures like Texas and Florida?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

In January of 2020, Dean was alarmed when she saw images circulating on social media that appeared to show Chinese authorities welding apartment doors shut to keep residents indoors.

Dr. Charity Dean: And watching those videos on Twitter, 'cause I had no other source of information, I thought, 'They know something we don't and this is real.'

Dean's hunch was that international travel into California's major airports meant the virus was already circulating in her state. She guessed there might be 100 undetected cases of COVID-19. Dean did what she called "dirty math" on her whiteboard, plotting what the virus might do to California in the coming weeks.

John Dickerson: So you're doing the dirty math on the whiteboard and you step back and you think what?

Dr. Charity Dean: I thought, 'Oh my God. I don't believe this. It's 20 million in May.'

Her projection of 20 million cases meant half of California's population would be infected within four months unless officials intervened to slow the virus's path.

Dr. Charity Dean: Because I think it's just really hard for the human brain to grasp the exponential growth of an existential threat.

John Dickerson: They didn't even let you use the word 'pandemic' when you wanted to, is that right?

Dr. Charity Dean: I was asked to not say the word 'pandemic' because it might scare people. But I was scared.

They all sunned their balls, hit the heavy bag and lived happily ever after.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    You feel attacked. I get it druff. I just thought we were posting cnn links.
    No, I don't feel attacked.

I just laugh at the haughty liberals who thin they're so much smarter than everyone else, yet they are so trapped in their CNN-shaped bubble that they don't understand how conservatives think, nor are they self-aware enough to see their own party's culpability in this whole thing.

So instead of trying to suggest maybe a limited mea culpa in order to appeal to stubborn right wingers to vaccinate, we get a long article suggesting phony empahty and gentle psychological trickery.

If you can't bring yourself to converse with the other side as equals, you will make zero progress. The left still seems to think that they are so intellectually superior that having a non-manipulative, respectful conversation is beneath them.
    I cant stand this attitude in people either. Its what makes me wish I voted for President Trump. These people acted like the neighbors and friends and family they knew who voted for President Trump were beneath them in every way. Almost as if they didnt have the right in a free country to vote for whomever they wanted. They blamed all of Trumps supporters for the capital riot and brought us the stupidity of the impeachment that came afterwards. And now it is these same haughty people who want to judge the decisions of others related to the vaccine. This is as un american as I have ever in my life seen Americans act. Towards one another. Towards your own family for fucks sake.

Gold
    Load Metric
    on another sad covid note I have 2 daughters in different colleges. Both schools forced all students to provide proof of vaccine before coming to campus. And now one of the schools has declared mandatory masks with the other one soon to follow I am sure. I am outraged. The one school that has yet to declare kicked out 3 students right before finals in May of this year. Not allowed to take finals, no refund, no credit and go home now. For what? They took a picture of themselves outside at a party with no masks. The virus made a lot of people sick and killed others but the collateral damage it has caused along the way has been far worse and was made worse by our responses and or lack of responses to it. Nobody ever went through anything like this before and yet so many people have such strong beliefs about not only what they should do but what others should do as well. I feel bad for my kids and I feel bad that there is this terrible tug of war going on inside the country making us lose sight of some other and yet still important issues.

Gold
    Load Metric

So, what was the response?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

So, what was the response?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Lol bringing the hits
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Media keeps blaming Trump supports yet 65% of FoxNews watchers say they are vaxxed meanwhile the lowest numbers are in Blacks and Hispanics who unless they left wants to change the narrative are pretty much Democrat voters for a large majority.
    If that’s true then why are the hotspots in white rural areas of Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee and places with aggressive hostility to protective measures like Texas and Florida?
    Let’s apply Occam’s razor to the situation. The simplest explanation is that the virus flourishes among the unvaccinated. In areas where it can’t find viable hosts, not so much.

Load Metric

maybe cause propaganda you stupid son of a bitch

God damn how did you get this far in life

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210807-145139_Chrome.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  566.4 KB

LOL

Load Metric
    Good news for someone who’s thinking of buying a used Harley in a few months, as some of the knuckleheads attending this year’s Sturgis rally are sure to contract and die from the Delta variant.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis...-delta-variant

Comments

JimmyG_415:
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    If anyone needs vax cards, DM me. Running a sale, 2 copies, 1 price
    Yeah buddy - I’m all about running a hustle but I’d be willing to bet they going to start to make examples of people who get involved with this type of falsifying shit.

At the very least be careful.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Good news for someone who’s thinking of buying a used Harley in a few months, as some of the knuckleheads attending this year’s Sturgis rally are sure to contract and die from the Delta variant.

yeah just like they all died last year too, super spreaders, right?

kinda like Obama

Name:  RDT_20210807_1018557845656092614471705.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  198.5 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  RDT_20210807_1141257699737575920039390.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  142.8 KB

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    not deadly

Comments

dwai: based

Load Metric
    As that Dwai, the more ignorant person in the world, would say "LOL"

Did TC's fascism week, open your eyes to the fact that you are a fascist, yet?
    And Druff, its time to jump off the #TrumpTrain, FOR REAL.
    Fascism never works out for Jewish people.

Jejuna

Comments

dwai: n-word lover

Cerveza Fria: dupe
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Brother I’d be careful if I were you

Putting this type of negativity into the universe is asking for trouble brother

I advise you to stop! Do you understand?

Load Metric
    Name:  RDT_20210807_2206404115759335194964657.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  132.8 KB

thank God we have Joe rogan, who is brave(rich) enough to not be worried about being canceled.

he's gonna wake up so many of you faggot normies who still think this is about a virus

ROFL VACCIMENTS

ROFL VARIANTS

ROFL DEADLY VIRUS

ROFL COVID

Thread Information