Page 650 of 948 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660700750 ... LastLast
Results 12,981 to 13,000 of 18941

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    are you really this stupid?

you are literally the type of person they write this propaganda for, fucking clueless idiot

Load Metric
    Fully vaccinated people have a 885% higher chance of death due to Covid-19 than people who are unvaccinated according to official data

it's almost as if you can find any data to support any conclusions you want

Load Metric
    looks like I've got covid again lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    Name:  RDT_20210709_2335547452904242198752982.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  67.6 KB

based af

Comments

splitthis: Common sense has been absent for a while.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think the CDC is lying to us again.

Shocking, I know.

Pfizer is claiming a third shot is going to be necessary, and they are seeking emergency authorization for it. They claim that, in clinical trials, it gives people 5-10x the antibody response (!!), plus it has been modified to better handle the Delta variant.

dwai will call me a lemming, but I'm on board, even with the fairly unpleasant side effects I got from shot #2.

Now the CDC is contradicting Pfizer, claiming we don't need a third shot. Based upon what science or data? They don't say.

Here's my concern:

Pfizer shot #3 isn't ready to roll out yet. It's close, but not there. I'm afraid that the CDC is afraid that if they acknowledge the need for a third shot, it will promote more vaccine hesitancy, as many unvaccinated people will say, "What? Three shots now? And the first two shots only worked a few months? Fuck that shit, I ain't doing it!"

And some probably will say that. So the CDC and the Biden Administration thinks they're being tricky tricky by not admitting we need shot #3 until the very last minute before it's ready to be deployed -- this way maximizing the time with the lower level of vaccine hesitancy. Clever, right?

No. Because this will just further undermine confidence in the already-embattled CDC, and people will believe them even less going forward. We need more confidence in our governemnt institutions right now, not less. This is yet anohter line of bullshit being handed to us by the CDC and Democrats, hoping it spurs us to "behave right".

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think there's a high chance I'm right.

Sad!

Load Metric

Shocking, I know.

Pfizer is claiming a third shot is going to be necessary, and they are seeking emergency authorization for it. They claim that, in clinical trials, it gives people 5-10x the antibody response (!!), plus it has been modified to better handle the Delta variant.

dwai will call me a lemming, but I'm on board, even with the fairly unpleasant side effects I got from shot #2.

Now the CDC is contradicting Pfizer, claiming we don't need a third shot. Based upon what science or data? They don't say.

Here's my concern:

Pfizer shot #3 isn't ready to roll out yet. It's close, but not there. I'm afraid that the CDC is afraid that if they acknowledge the need for a third shot, it will promote more vaccine hesitancy, as many unvaccinated people will say, "What? Three shots now? And the first two shots only worked a few months? Fuck that shit, I ain't doing it!"

And some probably will say that. So the CDC and the Biden Administration thinks they're being tricky tricky by not admitting we need shot #3 until the very last minute before it's ready to be deployed -- this way maximizing the time with the lower level of vaccine hesitancy. Clever, right?

No. Because this will just further undermine confidence in the already-embattled CDC, and people will believe them even less going forward. We need more confidence in our governemnt institutions right now, not less. This is yet anohter line of bullshit being handed to us by the CDC and Democrats, hoping it spurs us to "behave right".

Sad!
    FDA, CDC and WHO are saying either you don't need it now or they don't have enough data.

Pfizer is saying it could be beneficial after 6-12 months.

Antibodies more or less always go down after a short period of time from vaccination/infection. Often the blueprints to make antibodies are saved for some time and mechanism to trigger production when needed. The latter part is why you can get infected and be symptomatic while avoiding serious illness.

There's no huge conspiracy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Shocking, I know.

Here's my concern:

Sad!
    FDA, CDC and WHO are saying either you don't need it now or they don't have enough data.

Antibodies more or less always go down after a short period of time from vaccination/infection. Often the blueprints to make antibodies are saved for some time and mechanism to trigger production when needed. The latter part is why you can get infected and be symptomatic while avoiding serious illness.

There's a big gap between "symptomatic" (which can be super-mild) and "serious illness". Moderate or moderate-plus COVID illness can knock you out for two miserable weeks, and leave you with permanent lung damage.

The general belief about pre-Delta COVID was that the vaccines were keeping most people from being symptomatic at all, and the symptomatic ones were usually experiencing mild illness.

I don't know why you have such trust in the motivations of the CDC and WHO at this point. The WHO has covered for China nad wouldn't even declare it a pandemic until long after it was clearly a pandemic. The CDC has abruptly reversed its opinions on the drop of a hat -- and often not based upon any new studies or findings. Remember the CDC official who went on TV and said she told her 16-year-old (who was qualified to get vaccinated) that he couldn't go to summer camp due to COVID danger, and then 3 days later the CDC said that masks should be optional for vaccianted people? Nutty shit like that has been happening the entire time.

The problem is that the CDC and WHO have been far too political -- often putting out guidance which they either believe they must give in order to appease their preferred political allies, or guidance which they perceive will spur people into doing the right thing. We aren't just getting the cold, hard, science-based opinions, and then having our politicians decide how to craft laws/recommendations. Instead it's a constant manipulation game -- sometimes with nefarious intentions, and sometimes with a wrongheaded belief that they're just tricking us into doing the right thing.

100% if the CDC said that a third shot is coming this year, there would be increased vaccine hesitancy among the unvaccinated. There's no question that would occur. I don't see why you believe it's far fetched that they would play down the need for a third shot right now when the third shot isn't ready to be distributed at the moment.

Load Metric

There's a big gap between "symptomatic" (which can be super-mild) and "serious illness". Moderate or moderate-plus COVID illness can knock you out for two miserable weeks, and leave you with permanent lung damage.

The general belief about pre-Delta COVID was that the vaccines were keeping most people from being symptomatic at all, and the symptomatic ones were usually experiencing mild illness.

I don't know why you have such trust in the motivations of the CDC and WHO at this point. The WHO has covered for China nad wouldn't even declare it a pandemic until long after it was clearly a pandemic. The CDC has abruptly reversed its opinions on the drop of a hat -- and often not based upon any new studies or findings. Remember the CDC official who went on TV and said she told her 16-year-old (who was qualified to get vaccinated) that he couldn't go to summer camp due to COVID danger, and then 3 days later the CDC said that masks should be optional for vaccianted people? Nutty shit like that has been happening the entire time.

The problem is that the CDC and WHO have been far too political -- often putting out guidance which they either believe they must give in order to appease their preferred political allies, or guidance which they perceive will spur people into doing the right thing. We aren't just getting the cold, hard, science-based opinions, and then having our politicians decide how to craft laws/recommendations. Instead it's a constant manipulation game -- sometimes with nefarious intentions, and sometimes with a wrongheaded belief that they're just tricking us into doing the right thing.

100% if the CDC said that a third shot is coming this year, there would be increased vaccine hesitancy among the unvaccinated. There's no question that would occur. I don't see why you believe it's far fetched that they would play down the need for a third shot right now when the third shot isn't ready to be distributed at the moment.
    I trust CDC and WHO to be what they are. Not even Pfizer is saying there's a "need" for a 3rd shot at this point.

You keep babbling about everything being political when literally nothing has changed in CDC's or WHO's approach to viruses since the 80s. Both org's play it safe, slow and diplomatic. I've yet to see nothing else. Outside upper management and pr departments they both employ people that do a very good job, at least compared to random clowns in the internet, their most common critics.

Comments

splitthis: Dumbbbbbb

MumblesBadly: Anything that challenges Druff’s favored political party’s idiotic posturing, is “political”

Load Metric
    bro why are you typing that out on todgerburtons site put that shit on twitter so you get pats on the head from fellow boring cucks

Comments

splitthis: Lol

gimmick: ok

dwai: offset gimmick tilt

Load Metric
    What I don't understand Druff if you were mocking the J&J shot as being ineffective, because it only was like 70% effective against the virus but 99% effective against death. You even made fun of a poster who got the J&J shot. Somehow you deemed yourself superior for getting the other shots. LOL. Now that Pfizer is 65% effective against Delta, where are you at now bro? Going back into lockdown?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Exactly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    What I don't understand Druff if you were mocking the J&J shot as being ineffective, because it only was like 70% effective against the virus but 99% effective against death. You even made fun of a poster who got the J&J shot. Somehow you deemed yourself superior for getting the other shots. LOL. Now that Pfizer is 65% effective against Delta, where are you at now bro? Going back into lockdown?

what's funny is the shot doesn't prevent infection and the omg Delta variant is LESS deadly so why even bother

they haven't even isolated covid in a lab let alone any of these bullshit variants

LOL COVIDIOTS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I trust CDC and WHO to be what they are. Not even Pfizer is saying there's a "need" for a 3rd shot at this point.

You keep babbling about everything being political when literally nothing has changed in CDC's or WHO's approach to viruses since the 80s. Both org's play it safe, slow and diplomatic. I've yet to see nothing else. Outside upper management and pr departments they both employ people that do a very good job, at least compared to random clowns in the internet, their most common critics.
    Well, if you trust the CDC and WHO, we have identified the problem. I cited various examples where they were outright dishonest or contradicting themselves, and somehow you still trust them.

Interesting.

If you can't see the dangerous politization of both organizations, I can't help you. It's the same way I can't help cult members if they believe their cult leader has their best interests in mind.

Pfizer is seeking an emergency auth for a third shot, and plans to start administering it in the late summer if possible, so yes, they do see a "need" for it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I was mocking the J&J shot as a far weaker alternative when a very good shot was available. I also said that the J&J has its place, such as for the vaccine hesitant and young people who don't want to hassle with 2 shots.

Load Metric
    I got no problem with people who want to take the vaccine btw, it'll just never end and I hope you realize that now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    I got no problem with people who want to take the vaccine btw, it'll just never end and I hope you realize that now
    I've thought the entire time that we might be facing a flu-like situation where we would be constantly vaccinating to keep ahead of it.

But whatever. While it will suck being sick for 2-3 days every time I have to take this shit, I still prefer it over getting COVID.

Keep in mind that I have had just one flu shot in my life (when Ben was about to be born), and other than that, I haven't taken it, because I'm not particularly scared of the flu at this point of my life.

Also I would prefer just to take another vaccine and feel free to go out without concern, rather than having to decide what I should or shouldn't be doing. It's been really nice for the last 2 1/2 months to just do whatever the fuck I want.

Comments

dwai: yup

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

they haven't even isolated covid in a lab let alone any of these bullshit variants
    Oh, they did in ONE lab at least....

Comments

Dan Druff: Twitter would ban you for this joke

dwai:

Load Metric

Well, if you trust the CDC and WHO, we have identified the problem. I cited various examples where they were outright dishonest or contradicting themselves, and somehow you still trust them.

Interesting.

If you can't see the dangerous politization of both organizations, I can't help you. It's the same way I can't help cult members if they believe their cult leader has their best interests in mind.

Pfizer is seeking an emergency auth for a third shot, and plans to start administering it in the late summer if possible, so yes, they do see a "need" for it.
    Yea clearly i said i trust them. So what is this magical agency that does everything better than they do? Is it the same agency that supplies you with all the relevant information regarding things you don't understand?

And really a pharmaceutical company looking to fast track something, that's surprising.

You wouldn't even be eligible in the next 3 1/2 months. Oh but no it must be an elaborate ruse to stop you living your best life. If it wasn't for those meddling tards, that brought to you the idea that they are all in cahoots to sell you all the vaccines, they would have gotten away with not selling you anything.

Load Metric
    And it's been isolated several times. Ever since early 2020.

Load Metric
    And it's been isolated several times. Ever since early 2020.
    Source?

Name:  RDT_20210710_1917165831160087518109241.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  52.1 KB

Thread Information