Page 637 of 946 FirstFirst ... 137537587627633634635636637638639640641647687737 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,740 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

TRUMP IS GOD
    He tells the truth. Libs live by liessssss.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210603-184732_Ruqqus.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  700.6 KB

ROFL!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

TRUMP IS GOD
    Did you just say Trump tells the truth? JFC

They're all liars with Trump being the biggest in history, get off the fuckin meth.

Comments

rum dick: That's a whole new level of batshit crazy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Did you just say Trump tells the truth? JFC

They're all liars with Trump being the biggest in history, get off the fuckin meth.
    TRUMP IS GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The bigger concern regarding Fauci seems to be actual corruption, but that's getting a bit lost in all of the "masks don't do much" talk.

Apparently Fauci panicked when he started receiving questions via e-mail in early 2020 about a possible Wuhan lab leak, because his organziation had been involved in funding some research there regarding getting ahead of animal-to-human viruses. He sent out e-mails to people shortly after that, naming the people involved in that study, and told someone that they "have an important task to do", and that they needed to have a phone call.

It appears Fauci was really concerned that the Chinese either turned that research into a bioweapon and accidentally allowed it to escape, or they simply weren't careful enough during legitimate research and allowed COVID to escape. Either way, he didn't want the word getting out about this "gain of function" research, which could make him and his department look bad (and even partially at fault), so he pushed the "it jumped naturally" narrative instead, despite likely not believing that.

So basically he lied to everyone for more than a year in order to protect his own ass and reputation.

Regarding the masking, it does seem now that he more was telling the truth at the beginning (that cloth masks aren't useful), and then did an about face once his fellow Democrats wanted to push the mask narrative.

This guy did a horrible job and was self-serving at a time when selflessness was needed.

FIRE HIM

Load Metric
    didn't just lie, committed perjury, twice I think

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

TRUMP IS GOD
    Bro....that take is literally retarded.

Load Metric

When? Not trolling. Genuinely curious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post

"I have never funded gain of function research"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  66BB15AC-FF5B-4798-ADCB-CEDC0BD629F6.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  518.0 KB

Load Metric
    Libtards called Trump batshit crazy for his statement here. Racist, they shouted. Xenophobic! Facebook censored any talk or suggestion of Lab origins of the virus.

It turns out, you libtards were the batshit crazy idiots and Trump was right. Here's what he said back in April, 2020:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1400587991245115398
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At one point I actually respected NPR.

Look at this trash article:

"5 Things We Learned From Anthony Fauci's Emails"

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/10028...-faucis-emails

What were those 5 things?

1) Americans wrote to Fauci with very specific questions about what to do. Fauci offered advice.

2) He pushed back on the suggestion that the Trump White House was muzzling him.

3) Fauci gets a ton of email — and he replies to a surprising amount of it.

4) He was uncomfortable with his sudden celebrity.

5) But he found some upsides in fame too.

Is this irresponsible journalism, or what?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

1) Americans wrote to Fauci with very specific questions about what to do. Fauci offered advice.

2) He pushed back on the suggestion that the Trump White House was muzzling him.

"Gonsalves wrote, "There are thousands of people waiting for advice from our federal government on broader social distancing measures in light of the fact that our failure in early testing and surveillance means the coronavirus is likely already spreading in our communities."

Sounds about right.

Feel free to link any suspicious email you think should have been reported about. The actual email. I don't really care about your hot take of another hot take by idiots that have no idea of journalism.

Load Metric

"I have never funded gain of function research"
    You made the argument, show me your work. I'll read what you post but for the love of God please don't post a NY post or Washington times article.

Load Metric

Props for not taking a dig at Yamiche Alcindor while you were ranting about NPR.

Load Metric
    Is this what y'all are outraged about this 24 hour period? Or did Fauci do/say something else?

"What did Fauci tell CNN?
    On Thursday, Dr Fauci maintained there was nothing untoward in an email exchange between himself and an executive from a medical non-profit organisation that helped fund research at a diseases institute in Wuhan, the Chinese city where Covid-19 was first reported.

The NIH, which is a US public health agency, gave $600,000 (£425,000) to the Wuhan Institute of Virology from 2014-19 via a grant to the New York-based non-profit group EcoHealth Alliance, for the purpose of researching bat coronaviruses.

Peter Daszak, head of EcoHealth Alliance, emailed Dr Fauci in April 2020, praising him as "brave" for seeking to debunk the lab leak theory.

"Many thanks for your kind note," Dr Fauci replied.

Dr Fauci told CNN on Thursday it was "nonsense" to infer from the email any cosy relationship between himself and the figures behind the Wuhan lab research.

"You can misconstrue it however you want," he said, "that email was from a person to me saying 'thank you' for whatever it is he thought I said, and I said that I think the most likely origin is a jumping of species. I still do think it is, at the same time as I'm keeping an open mind that it might be a lab leak."

He added: "The idea I think is quite farfetched that the Chinese deliberately engineered something so that they could kill themselves as well as other people. I think that's a bit far out.""

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

"Gonsalves wrote, "There are thousands of people waiting for advice from our federal government on broader social distancing measures in light of the fact that our failure in early testing and surveillance means the coronavirus is likely already spreading in our communities."

Sounds about right.

Feel free to link any suspicious email you think should have been reported about. The actual email. I don't really care about your hot take of another hot take by idiots that have no idea of journalism.
    We've already been discussing the e-mails in question. If you missed it, scroll back.

So would you say that the NPR article was indeed an accurate representation of the five biggest things we learned from the Fauci emails?

How do you feel about his clear panic over the gain-of-function stuff in early 2020? Interesting or nah? Not worth mentioning in an article of "five things we learned", but "Fauci was uncomfortable with his celebrity" and "But he found upsides in fame" were?

You'd have a bit more credibility if you didn't have to be a contrarian to every single right wing point ever raised.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NOTHING TO SEE HERE GUYZ

BUT HE WAS TOTALLY UNCOMFORTABLE WITH HIS FAME BUT FOUND POSITIVES IN IT, SO ITZ OK

Load Metric
    Is this what y'all are outraged about this 24 hour period? Or did Fauci do/say something else?

"What did Fauci tell CNN?
    On Thursday, Dr Fauci maintained there was nothing untoward in an email exchange between himself and an executive from a medical non-profit organisation that helped fund research at a diseases institute in Wuhan, the Chinese city where Covid-19 was first reported.

The NIH, which is a US public health agency, gave $600,000 (£425,000) to the Wuhan Institute of Virology from 2014-19 via a grant to the New York-based non-profit group EcoHealth Alliance, for the purpose of researching bat coronaviruses.

Peter Daszak, head of EcoHealth Alliance, emailed Dr Fauci in April 2020, praising him as "brave" for seeking to debunk the lab leak theory.

"Many thanks for your kind note," Dr Fauci replied.

Dr Fauci told CNN on Thursday it was "nonsense" to infer from the email any cosy relationship between himself and the figures behind the Wuhan lab research.

"You can misconstrue it however you want," he said, "that email was from a person to me saying 'thank you' for whatever it is he thought I said, and I said that I think the most likely origin is a jumping of species. I still do think it is, at the same time as I'm keeping an open mind that it might be a lab leak."

He added: "The idea I think is quite farfetched that the Chinese deliberately engineered something so that they could kill themselves as well as other people. I think that's a bit far out.""
    Some variation of that. They usually pick random redacted emails with barely any context and then jump to the conclusion that makes whoever their boogeyman of the month look as bad as possibly. There's usually a lot of stupid involved with minimal effort put into anything resembling work/research.

The next step is to put that "work" in a pretty picture with roughly 4 lines of text. Then they can share that with likeminded individuals and be collectively dumber as a result. It makes them feel warm and fuzzy though. They're solving all of the problems and then get back to digging ditches.

It might explain why they are so interested in SJWs and virtue signaling. They tend to project a lot so it only makes sense that meme wars are their Vietnam with obv minimal effort and zero skin in the game. I guess that solves the Antifa part as well. In their place I'd hate people that leave the house and do stuff for things they believe in as well.

Load Metric

NOTHING TO SEE HERE GUYZ

BUT HE WAS TOTALLY UNCOMFORTABLE WITH HIS FAME BUT FOUND POSITIVES IN IT, SO ITZ OK
    I think i ended up answering this with my reply to rum dick.

Thread Information