Page 631 of 947 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,620 of 18930

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Jesus. That's on me for asking for a link. I forgot who I was talking with.
    cdc.gov

Just checked. My numbers were waaaaay closer than your numbers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    re: wearing of masks, well i rather like the wearing of masks & standing more than arms distance away from others--sorry to see it passing out of vouge;

indeed, the Sonatine hermit lifestyle has a lot to say for itself
    I didn’t mind masks when jumping in and out of stores, but found it annoying for prolonged periods. The little x’s on the ground I hope never go away. It’s nice to have a little space as opposed to some fat chick talking on her phone bumping into you in line.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Youre clingy like my kn95 gare.
    Where does one get legit KN95 which aren't Chinese counterfeits?

Ben obv isn't vaccinated and I don't even love the idea of vaccinating a 10-year-old anyway with something like this. I was thinking of getting a KN95 for him for the most dangerous situations, such as super crowded spaces indoors.

Personally I am done wearing masks unless I'm required to.
    I'll send you a pm with a link in the morning. If you don't hear from me, please remind me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

It sure would be neat if the tweet you posted had actually said that. Not trolling would love to see a link to back that up. My understanding is somewhere between 35%-40% of deaths were under 80.
    You’re actually low. 40% of deaths occurred in people 74 and under. The breakdowns are 65-74/75-84

So it’s 40% of all deaths in 74 and under groups. When you add in the adults between 75-79 of 75-84 demo, it’s probably closer to 45-50% of all deaths are those below 80.

As of early May, it was a little over 230k of 568k under 74, or a little above 40% of all death. Then add in 75-79 deaths and add it to that and it approaches half.

Under 65 is around 20% of all deaths.
    Well there you go.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But the death rate actually surprises some people, especially libs who were brainwahsed by CNN to believe "it could happen to anyone".

Most striking is the death rate for kids under 18. Only 295 deaths occurred to kids aged 0-17, and 74 of those were infants under 1. That leaves just 221 deaths of kids who aren't infants, and almost all of them had major preexisting conditions.

Over 44,000 kids died in that same time period of other causes, though more than half (25,000+) were infants.

There are about 80 million kids under 18 in the US. The teachers union was straight up lying when they said this was about safety of kids. The flu kills far more kids in a typical year.

Why do I want a KN95 for Benjamin, then? Just so he doesn't get sick, and only for the most dangerous situations. I am not afraid of him dying of COVID.

Even young adults fared well. A total of 2204 people from 18-29 in the US died of COVID, out of a population of close to 50 million. Over 81,000 people in that age group died of other causes in that time period.

In the 30-39 group, the risk about tripled, but still wasn't horrible. 6403 people died, out of a popiulation of about 45 million. About 113,000 people in that group died from other causes.

Under 40 saw about 9,000 deaths total, out of a population of 175 million -- over half the US population! Those over 40 had 565,000 deaths (98.4%), despite being less than half the population. Will you hear this stat on CNN or MSNBC? Of course not. This is also why I tell people under 40 that vaccine hestitancy is reasonable, but that people over 40 are making a big mistake.

In the 40s, your death rate triples again compared to 30s. 17,271 died in that group, out of a population of 40 million. This was also the point where people started dying despite being completely healthy beforehand, which becomes a lot more scary to those who typically don't fear illness in middle age.

50-54 (note only a 5-year range) doubles over the 40s, with about 17,500 deaths, out of a population of 20 million. So it starts to get a lot worse for the age of a lot of posters here, including me.

55-64 doubles again, with 71k deaths out of a population of about 41 million.

65-74 had 127k deaths out of a population of 31.5 miillion (again, note the smaller population, too).

75-84 saw 158k deaths out of a population of just 16 million.

There are only 6.6 million people left over 85, but there were still 173k COVID deaths.

The bottom line?

If you were under 40, your chance of dying of COVID in the past 15 months was 0.0005% overall, and far LESS than that if you didn't have a known major preexisting condition.

Stats: https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...-Age/9bhg-hcku

Population: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-sex-and-age/

Comments

splitthis: But stick that needle in the keedsssss

Load Metric
    whats the death rate for san diego cucks who whine about isreal and wear masks in the car cuz fingers crossed people FINGERS CROSSED

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I moderately knew three people who died of COVID, all of whom were middle aged.

One was a 45-year-old with sleep apnea, who was COVID-positive, and was found dead in the morning. The death was likely COVID-related, but probably had to do with the sleep apnea preexisting condition (though that's not a common one which kills people via COVID).

One was a 50-year-old with unknown overall health (I knew him from Facebook), but I know he was healthy enough to hold a regular job and generally live a normal life. He was not overweight. This was definitely a COVID death, as he caught it, and it just got worse and worse to where he had breathing issues, and then died.

The other, a 56-year-old I knew from Facebook, was the one I knew least about. He also clearly died of COVID, complaining about it worsening. However, he never posted a picture there, so I suppose it's possible he was very overweight or had some other health condition.

I do know several people who suffered from permanent lung damage. They were all over 40, with one exception -- our own Sloppy Joe, who is 34.

Load Metric
    skatz todge the angel of death

Load Metric

One was a 45-year-old with sleep apnea, who was COVID-positive, and was found dead in the morning. The death was likely COVID-related, but probably had to do with the sleep apnea preexisting condition (though that's not a common one which kills people via COVID).

One was a 50-year-old with unknown overall health (I knew him from Facebook), but I know he was healthy enough to hold a regular job and generally live a normal life. He was not overweight. This was definitely a COVID death, as he caught it, and it just got worse and worse to where he had breathing issues, and then died.

The other, a 56-year-old I knew from Facebook, was the one I knew least about. He also clearly died of COVID, complaining about it worsening. However, he never posted a picture there, so I suppose it's possible he was very overweight or had some other health condition.

I do know several people who suffered from permanent lung damage. They were all over 40, with one exception -- our own Sloppy Joe, who is 34.
    Do you think we can really call anyone’s lungs permanently damaged at this point? I am not asking a rhetorical question, I don’t know the answer. I know the lungs are amazingly regenerative. I’ve seen doctors encourage people to quit smoking after 25 years, and while they generally add the caveat that their lungs will never be the same as if they’ve never smoked, they can almost heal to that state. But that’s smoking and decades of it.

Like fifteen months out, and more like a year from the vast majority of Covid cases, I would hope many who have had long term issues are still in the healing process. I know that somewhere like seven years out from quitting smoking, your chances of lung cancer get very close to a person who has never smoked. If I was relatively young, even if I was still struggling after a year to return to fully normal, I wouldn’t be prepared to consider my lungs permanently damaged.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    re: wearing of masks, well i rather like the wearing of masks & standing more than arms distance away from others--sorry to see it passing out of vouge;

indeed, the Sonatine hermit lifestyle has a lot to say for itself
    I didn’t mind masks when jumping in and out of stores, but found it annoying for prolonged periods. The little x’s on the ground I hope never go away. It’s nice to have a little space as opposed to some fat chick talking on her phone bumping into you in line.
    But before COVID, such events were like some of the most intimate non-transactional interactions I’ve had with women for some years now.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of What About Bob...

Big fan of that movie, so I wore that shirt to a WSOP event 5 years ago.

Load Metric

Do you think we can really call anyone’s lungs permanently damaged at this point? I am not asking a rhetorical question, I don’t know the answer. I know the lungs are amazingly regenerative. I’ve seen doctors encourage people to quit smoking after 25 years, and while they generally add the caveat that their lungs will never be the same as if they’ve never smoked, they can almost heal to that state. But that’s smoking and decades of it.

Like fifteen months out, and more like a year from the vast majority of Covid cases, I would hope many who have had long term issues are still in the healing process. I know that somewhere like seven years out from quitting smoking, your chances of lung cancer get very close to a person who has never smoked. If I was relatively young, even if I was still struggling after a year to return to fully normal, I wouldn’t be prepared to consider my lungs permanently damaged.
    this is some other shit - so for smoking which is a great example, you could smoke for years and years and then quit. After about 15 years your lungs would be more or less the same as a non-smokers and your health risks chance of stroke etc would all drop to the level of a non-smoker.

covid is scarring the fuck out of people's lungs. not sure if they can regenerate, hopefully they can, anecdotally I know a couple people that had covid months ago and they still have lung issues.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

this is some other shit - so for smoking which is a great example, you could smoke for years and years and then quit. After about 15 years your lungs would be more or less the same as a non-smokers and your health risks chance of stroke etc would all drop to the level of a non-smoker.

covid is scarring the fuck out of people's lungs. not sure if they can regenerate, hopefully they can, anecdotally I know a couple people that had covid months ago and they still have lung issues.

none of this is verified or true, you sound like Druff

Load Metric
    Name:  RDT_20210525_0830439051962670545316991.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  117.0 KB

Name:  RDT_20210525_0848125213255661106606612.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  65.5 KB

SCIENCE!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I think youre not taking into effect Ben's way of life into consideration if youre forcing him to wear a mask.

Its really like when those special kids go out in public wearing a helmet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Yeah, good answer, that’s why I asked as I knew it was primarily scarring. Even back 20 years ago, I had so many abdominal surgeries after cancer that from strictly a pain point of view, I got more pain and discomfort from the internal scarring than cancer or surgeries themselves.

Eventually I had an adhesiolysis procedure done after I sought out the best guy, and it was a miracle. I went from a 24/7 sensation like a stitch you get from running on my right side to 100% pain free after it healed, so I grasp what a bitch scarring is.

Even then, there were medications to be tried, and since then, things they can apply during surgery that are successful for preventing the level of internal scarring. It’s a bigger problem for women with many female procedures causing adhesions.

Obviously you’re likely fucked if you’re 70 and have a bad issue. I would hope young people suffering internal scarring might find some remedy or their lungs might regenerate enough to where it’s minor. Obviously sloppy is a serious runner, so his damage finds him more fit than 98% of the population even after. His lung damage and lung capacity is damaged for him, but from what I can tell from his comments, I’d trade him lung capacity straight up and I’m fit for my age. It sounds like the difference between being able to casually knock of a fifteen mile run versus five. I’d happily take the latter at my age.

Load Metric
    Sorry Gare but I survived getting covid and I'm now fully vaccinated. You're stuck with me for the next 5-10 years until my liver gives out.

Load Metric

Feel like there's been some improvement hopefully. My endurance feels up somewhat from training to climb Mt. Hood, but still not fully there. How I fare at altitude will be telling.

Still get randomly gassed after runs, sometimes but not always. If I could play it over I would have been super cautious with getting back up to speed.

Comments

rum dick: Yikes. Good luck with your recovery
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Diamond
    Load Metric
    so looks like it was a manmade virus which was obvious imo as it was the weirdest, weakest cold i ever had. so how bout any mention of that being censored for the past year plus? how much of history is fake

Comments

splitthis: Everything over the last year is fake and is continuing into this year

Load Metric
    EXCLUSIVE: COVID-19 'has NO credible natural ancestor' and WAS created by Chinese scientists who then tried to cover their tracks with 'retro-engineering' to make it seem like it naturally arose from bats, explosive new study claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-claims.html

An explosive new study claims researchers found 'unique fingerprints' in COVID-19 samples that they say could only have arisen from manipulation in a laboratory
    DailyMail.com exclusively obtained the new 22-page paper authored by British Professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen set to be published in the Quarterly Review of Biophysics Discovery
    The study showed there's evidence to suggest Chinese scientists created the virus while working on a Gain of Function project in a Wuhan lab
    Gain of Function research, which was temporarily outlawed in the US, involves altering naturally-occurring viruses to make them more infectious in order to study their potential effects on humans
    According to the paper, Chinese scientists took a natural coronavirus 'backbone' found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new 'spike', turning it into the deadly and highly transmissible COVID-19
    The researchers, who concluded that COVID-19 'has no credible natural ancestor', also believe scientists reverse-engineered versions of the virus to cover up their tracks
    'We think that there have been retro-engineered viruses created,' Dalgleish told DailyMail.com. 'They've changed the virus, then tried to make out it was in a sequence years ago.'
    The study also points to 'deliberate destruction, concealment or contamination of data' in Chinese labs and notes that 'scientists who wished to share their findings haven't been able to do so or have disappeared'
    Until recently, most experts had staunchly denied the origins of the virus were anything other than a natural infection leaping from animals to humans
    Earlier this week, Dr. Anthony Fauci defended US funding of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, saying the $600,000 grant was not approved for Gain of Function research

Thread Information