Page 62 of 948 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 18948

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Italy just dropped another 1200 cases since I wrote that and near 40 more deaths. It seems hard to think we won’t get on that curve here with more people and a less healthy populace.i think they are diagnosing really sick people at the ER like we are.
    Last edited by BCR; 03-07-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Italy just dropped another 1200 cases since I wrote that and near 40 more deaths. It seems hard to think we won’t get on that curve here with more people and a less healthy populace.
    Yeah Italy makes me scratch my head.

Super low figures for India.

Not many dead in South Korea for the infections.

Did Italy simply get infected early and have poor testing procedures?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Italy just dropped another 1200 cases since I wrote that and near 40 more deaths. It seems hard to think we won’t get on that curve here with more people and a less healthy populace.
    Yeah Italy makes me scratch my head.

Super low figures for India.

Not many dead in South Korea for the infections.

Did Italy simply get infected early and have poor testing procedures?
    Probably your last sentence. But I think that describes the US also to this point. Not as many initial infections, but maybe even worse organized to this point. Different states with different agendas bodes poorly for us. I think we are in trouble if warmer weather doesn’t bail us out. If it was January I’d feel way more strongly we are totally fucked.

Load Metric
    you really cant trust any of the data being distributed.

case study: thailand quietly renaming their coronavirus casualties as 'viral pneumonia' casualties. and being excluded from every list because of it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    you really cant trust any of the data being distributed.

case study: thailand quietly renaming their coronavirus casualties as 'viral pneumonia' casualties. and being excluded from every list because of it.
    Yeah. I mean we could easily have 500 deaths already. Someone is dying of the flu right now in the Midwest and no one is labeling it corona and they’ll be buried by the time we know we have a problem in this area or that area.

Load Metric
    not to mention, the question of when it actually became active here is extremely up in the air.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    I thought Tine was being a dramatic Nancy when he started this thread.

Now I commute to Kirkland WA, basically ground zero in the US, five times a week and to go to a medical facility right next to Evergreen Hospital, where the first death occurred last Friday, twice a week for INR testing.

Frankly I don't give a shit if I get the virus. I'll get sick and recover. But I can't be giving that shit to my son who's dealing with health problems, or my folks who are both over 70, or my mother in law who is over 70 with COPD.

It's one thing for this to be on the other side of the world, it's quite another when it's literally right next door.
    You know they have point of care inr testing right???

Load Metric
    If not the virus.....collapsing quarantine hotels.

Coronavirus quarantine hotel collapses in China, trapping 70 people

Load Metric
    amtrak just shut down service between NYC and Washington because coronavirus.

i expect we are going to see air traffic severely curtailed next week as well, which will probably tie into the announcement of a 'stimulus package' to offset that cost.

plus the fda claims they shipped 1.1m test kits to non-public centers and can scale up to an additional 4m by end of next week.

these threads actually tie together; once the test results come back, people are going to lose their fucking minds and demand the government start looking like its capable of governmenting our way out of this.

easiest, most high profile path would be curtailing non-essential domestic flights.

Load Metric
    Cuomo just declared state of emergency in NY.

I don't see how they aren't going to have to shut down public transportation in the city, which is basically going to shut down the city. If it gets too out of control I could see them literally shutting down the bridges and tunnels to Manhattan - the densest part of NYC and the easiest to quarantine.

I take the subway every day and walk almost 1/2 mile underground.

I've gotta be infected right?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

I don't see how they aren't going to have to shut down public transportation in the city, which is basically going to shut down the city. If it gets too out of control I could see them literally shutting down the bridges and tunnels to Manhattan - the densest part of NYC and the easiest to quarantine.

Only way that happens is if people start dropping in the middle of the street. I just cant see them doing that.

That being said, every one that I know that works for any size company has received an internal memo regarding working from home. My friend who works for UBS had a laptop special ordered for him. MS employees the same.

Load Metric
    Arkansas police offer to test meth for coronavirus: 'Better safe than sorry'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arkansas-...than-sorry.amp

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Only way that happens is if people start dropping in the middle of the street. I just cant see them doing that.

That being said, every one that I know that works for any size company has received an internal memo regarding working from home. My friend who works for UBS had a laptop special ordered for him. MS employees the same.

yeah i asked my boss about this actually and was told point blank that no one wants to get sued so they are telling people to wfh.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

yeah i asked my boss about this actually and was told point blank that no one wants to get sued so they are telling people to wfh.
    I’m recently promoted and went to a group town hall yesterday as we entered the Q&A part. Boss calls for questions and silence for 7-10 seconds. So I figure I throw him a softball “hey boss - can’t turn on the TV without reading about the Corona..... how do you think our business continuity plan is and are we ready for this”.

He stumbles though a half baked answer where he says people in the States should be OK, our overseas operations will be a challenge..... YOLO guess we will find out.

Old boss hits me on IM “Jesus so much for a softball.... managements been killing him on this for the last two weeks”.

Sometimes you should just keep your mouth shut.

Load Metric

Wear a mask and latex gloves. Nothing you can do except business as usual. Stay safe.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

]

Wear a mask and latex gloves. Nothing you can do except business as usual. Stay safe.
    ATTACH]47015[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric

Declaring an emergency is the first step.

Next, they will close off parts or all of NYC.

Next, they will declare martial law and move in the military.

How long before the first PFA user gets infected?

Load Metric

we really do need to just ratify the New South and let them fend for themselves.

Load Metric
    The American Conservative Union has learned that one of our CPAC attendees has unfortunately tested positive today for coronavirus.

Thread Information