Page 619 of 947 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,380 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Oh i think i see where the problem lies, for unknown reasons someone still doesn't know what social distancing means. It's a range of measures from 6 feet distance to full quarantine. That 6 feet thingie is the bare minimum. Avoiding indoor setting when possibly is the norm as a typical social distancing measure.

Say like this post from June 30 last year...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post909261

"end result of the riots was massively increased social distancing. For once most of you fucktards stayed indoors"

...some super secret intel i have that the whole world is hiding from Americans, or this post from November 17th...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post939833

"as far as we know Covid-19 doesn't really do drive-by infections. You mostly need enclosed spaces with extended period of time spent"

...if only people on the left would have mentioned something about dangers of indoors or that Americans had the ability to use the internet. But nah it's just all about those pesky masks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Oh i think i see where the problem lies, for unknown reasons someone still doesn't know what social distancing means. It's a range of measures from 6 feet distance to full quarantine. That 6 feet thingie is the bare minimum. Avoiding indoor setting when possibly is the norm as a typical social distancing measure.

"end result of the riots was massively increased social distancing. For once most of you fucktards stayed indoors"

...some super secret intel i have that the whole world is hiding from Americans, or this post from November 17th...

"as far as we know Covid-19 doesn't really do drive-by infections. You mostly need enclosed spaces with extended period of time spent"

...if only people on the left would have mentioned something about dangers of indoors or that Americans had the ability to use the internet. But nah it's just all about those pesky masks.
    So we're going to go with technical definitions now, rather than what the general public takes a term to mean?

I guess from that we must conclude that calling someone gay means that you think they're happy.

The "social distancing" referred to in American meant keeping your distance in social situations -- basically avoiding close contact with anyone. Even the CDC page says, "Social distancing, also called 'physical distancing,' means keeping a safe space between yourself and other people who are not from your household."

Again, there were never media recommendations to simply stay out of indoor spaces, even if masked. There was a general "stay at home" message at one point early on, but that later got drowned out by the masking/distancing message, once Fauci conceded that the and the government lied about the usefulness of masks, and that now we totally need to mask up.

You can dance around it all you want, but the American left and mainstream media purposely pushed a "mask/distance/sanitize" message, rather than a "stay away from indoor spaces" message, because one was politically expedient, and the other (accurate) one was not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

So we're going to go with technical definitions now, rather than what the general public takes a term to mean?

I guess from that we must conclude that calling someone gay means that you think they're happy.

The "social distancing" referred to in American meant keeping your distance in social situations -- basically avoiding close contact with anyone. Even the CDC page says, "Social distancing, also called 'physical distancing,' means keeping a safe space between yourself and other people who are not from your household."

Again, there were never media recommendations to simply stay out of indoor spaces, even if masked. There was a general "stay at home" message at one point early on, but that later got drowned out by the masking/distancing message, once Fauci conceded that the and the government lied about the usefulness of masks, and that now we totally need to mask up.

You can dance around it all you want, but the American left and mainstream media purposely pushed a "mask/distance/sanitize" message, rather than a "stay away from indoor spaces" message, because one was politically expedient, and the other (accurate) one was not.
    So the highest health officials in your state giving direct recommendations to avoid lengthy periods of time indoors just isn't enough.

Cool. Cool.

That was 6 months ago. I guess stupidity is a reasonable excuse in the US.

Since apparently CDC now matters again, maybe WHO in few years. Baby steps.

"Tips for Social Distancing

Limit Contact When Running Errands: Only visit stores selling household essentials in person when you absolutely need to

Choose Safe Social Activities:It is possible to stay socially connected with friends and family who don’t live in your home by calling, using video chat, or staying connected through social media."

Those just from the same page where Druff picked the "definition" of social distancing. But yea clearly we can't expect people to read the whole thing, not just the first sentence.

Oh and definition of gay is homosexual. Archaic definitions get bumped to last when a new meaning becomes more common.

Load Metric
    You sound gay as fuck

Comments

gimmick: cool, kill yourself, it's never too late

Load Metric
    On that very specific need that Druff had about not visiting stores online CDC had a guideline for it from November 17th or earlier (last page update).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...istancing.html

The whole bit...

"Limit Contact When Running Errands: Only visit stores selling household essentials in person when you absolutely need to, and stay at least 6 feet away from others who are not from your household while shopping and in lines. If possible, use drive-thru, curbside pick-up, or delivery services to limit face-to-face contact with others. Maintain physical distance between yourself and delivery service providers during exchanges and wear a mask.

...and the linkety link from it...

"Outdoor visits and activities are safer than indoor activities, and fully vaccinated people can participate in some indoor events safely, without much risk"

...i'm gonna venture a guess that maybe every single leftwing media ran these bits at sometime in the past. Just a hunch that Druff doesn't follow leftwing media directly at all. Ever, unless we include SNL to the list.

Load Metric
    lol gaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Load Metric
    i see we've entered the 'druff defends his right wing AM talk radio takes by debating the meaning of words' phase of the pandemic.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    dont you do it jace ur better than wading into these pathetic waters dont you do it

Load Metric
    ur hopped up on that high test maple syrup but the answer is no old boy

Comments

gimmick: do you have a rolodex of used up inside jokes that weren't funny 15 years ago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On that very specific need that Druff had about not visiting stores online CDC had a guideline for it from November 17th or earlier (last page update).

The whole bit...

"Limit Contact When Running Errands: Only visit stores selling household essentials in person when you absolutely need to, and stay at least 6 feet away from others who are not from your household while shopping and in lines. If possible, use drive-thru, curbside pick-up, or delivery services to limit face-to-face contact with others. Maintain physical distance between yourself and delivery service providers during exchanges and wear a mask.

"Outdoor visits and activities are safer than indoor activities, and fully vaccinated people can participate in some indoor events safely, without much risk"

...i'm gonna venture a guess that maybe every single leftwing media ran these bits at sometime in the past. Just a hunch that Druff doesn't follow leftwing media directly at all. Ever, unless we include SNL to the list.
    I didn't say that these things were never said, or that they couldn't be found somewhere on CDC recommendation lists.

I'm saying that wasn't the messaging from mainstream media or left wing politicians. The emphasis was on masking, not avoidance of indoor spaces. The other problem is that the stuff you quoted is a laundry list of different things one can do to be safe, rather than stating the indoor avoidance as the absolute essential item, and the rest just as helpful suggestions.

Avoidance of indoor spaces >>>>>>>>>>> masking

In his 100000000000 press conferences where he postured as America's Greatest Doctor, Fauci never once told people that the most important thing they can do is avoid indoor spaces. Well, at least he didn't once he told everyone to mask after first telling everyone not to mask.

But it's buried on the CDC site, so that's just as good, according to gimmick, who knows everything about American culture and its people.

Would you like to pick a large left wing Facebook group, and I'll post a poll asking if being inside a grocery store for 30 minutes with no mask is safer than being inside a grocery store for 300 minutes with a mask? What percentage do you think will pick 300 minutes with a mask?

By and large, the American people think that the key to COVID safety is masking. Sure, they know going indoors is more dangerous than outdoors, and they know going to the grocery store is more dangerous than ordering grocery delivery. But most believe that wearing a mask and 6-foot distancing negates most of that danger.

Pretty sad that you can't just concede that the messaging was highly political, and that much of it was aimed at beating Trump and making the GOP look bad.

Load Metric

The whole bit...

I didn't say that these things were never said, or that they couldn't be found somewhere on CDC recommendation lists.

I'm saying that wasn't the messaging from mainstream media or left wing politicians. The emphasis was on masking, not avoidance of indoor spaces. The other problem is that the stuff you quoted is a laundry list of different things one can do to be safe, rather than stating the indoor avoidance as the absolute essential item, and the rest just as helpful suggestions.

In his 100000000000 press conferences where he postured as America's Greatest Doctor, Fauci never once told people that the most important thing they can do is avoid indoor spaces. Well, at least he didn't once he told everyone to mask after first telling everyone not to mask.

But it's buried on the CDC site, so that's just as good, according to gimmick, who knows everything about American culture and its people.

Would you like to pick a large left wing Facebook group, and I'll post a poll asking if being inside a grocery store for 30 minutes with no mask is safer than being inside a grocery store for 300 minutes with a mask? What percentage do you think will pick 300 minutes with a mask?

By and large, the American people think that the key to COVID safety is masking. Sure, they know going indoors is more dangerous than outdoors, and they know going to the grocery store is more dangerous than ordering grocery delivery. But most believe that wearing a mask and 6-foot distancing negates most of that danger.

Pretty sad that you can't just concede that the messaging was highly political, and that much of it was aimed at beating Trump and making the GOP look bad.
    So CDC and official California guidelines from 6 months ago just isn't enough. Sure. Sure.

With N95 you're still safer with 300 minutes. With other masks 30 minutes wins. I don't really know who spends 5 hours at the grocery store, but whatever.

Trump and GOP don't really need left wing medias help to make them look bad.

All i've seen is this...

...that's from a year ago. Doesn't seem too political. Maybe you should stop using Master Scalir as your litmus test for what the left thinks.

Load Metric

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So CDC and official California guidelines from 6 months ago just isn't enough. Sure. Sure.

With N95 you're still safer with 300 minutes. With other masks 30 minutes wins. I don't really know who spends 5 hours at the grocery store, but whatever.

All i've seen is this...

...that's from a year ago. Doesn't seem too political. Maybe you should stop using Master Scalir as your litmus test for what the left thinks.

You keep strawmanning super hard, pretending I said, "There has been no guidance anywhere that you need to avoid going indoors", when my complaint has been one of media and Democratic messaging.

Once again, I am saying that the primary message from the media and left for the past year has been about masking, and that avoiding indoor spaces has been treated as secondary, if it's even mentioned at all. Yet the science dictates it should be the reverse -- the primary message should be avoidance of indoor spaces, with a suggestion that masking can help if it's absolutely necessary to be indoors for whatever reason.

So would you like to take me up on my offer regarding an American left wing Facebook group? Pick any group with a left-leaning bias which isn't specifically about COVID, with at least 5,000 members, and we will post our poll.

The American people were intentionally misinformed about the level of usefulness of cloth masks, and they were also intentionally under-informed about the importance of staying away from all indoor spaces, regardless of other precautions taken.

If you're not smart enough to understand why that happened (or admit that it happened at all), I can't help you any further. You're so married to blaming the right for America's COVID deaths and exonerating the left, that you will find any way to dance around admitting fault on your side of the aisle. This is even more baffling because you're not American, but you are so committed to your leftism that it extends to other countries.

Sad!

Comments

Sloppy Joe: lol strawmanning

dwai: you're literally arguing with gimmick

Load Metric

All i've seen is this...

You keep strawmanning super hard, pretending I said, "There has been no guidance anywhere that you need to avoid going indoors", when my complaint has been one of media and Democratic messaging.

Once again, I am saying that the primary message from the media and left for the past year has been about masking, and that avoiding indoor spaces has been treated as secondary, if it's even mentioned at all. Yet the science dictates it should be the reverse -- the primary message should be avoidance of indoor spaces, with a suggestion that masking can help if it's absolutely necessary to be indoors for whatever reason.

So would you like to take me up on my offer regarding an American left wing Facebook group? Pick any group with a left-leaning bias which isn't specifically about COVID, with at least 5,000 members, and we will post our poll.

The American people were intentionally misinformed about the level of usefulness of cloth masks, and they were also intentionally under-informed about the importance of staying away from all indoor spaces, regardless of other precautions taken.

If you're not smart enough to understand why that happened (or admit that it happened at all), I can't help you any further. You're so married to blaming the right for America's COVID deaths and exonerating the left, that you will find any way to dance around admitting fault on your side of the aisle. This is even more baffling because you're not American, but you are so committed to your leftism that it extends to other countries.

Sad!
    Yea i don't give a fuck about facebook. This argument started from this claim, "It basically destroys most of the arguments from the left regarding COVID prevention and policies" about a random study. A random study that didn't destroy a single argument from the left. All it did was cosign everything in that video above from a year ago. None this shit is new.

And then we of course got to the real argument after 10 posts.

"You can't just concede that the messaging was highly political, and that much of it was aimed at beating Trump and making the GOP look bad".

There real reason for retarded walls of text.

Nah, i'm not interested in supporting your conspiracy theory.

Oh and get fucked with the underinformed bullshit. I showed you federal and state sources. I gave one of thousands of random snippets from left wing media telling you everything you needed to know. Last year there was 10k hours of airtime devoted to random Covid shit, articles after articles in any form you wanted it.

Lack of information has nothing to do with idiots being idiots and we've been through before who politized this shit.

Load Metric
    Oh and the reason why masking is emphasized is because everyone can do it. Everyone didn't have the privilege to bunker up.

If you want a functioning society where the price of everything doesn't skyrocket, then focus on shit that enables it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and the reason why masking is emphasized is because everyone can do it. Everyone didn't have the privilege to bunker up.

If you want a functioning society where the price of everything doesn't skyrocket, then focus on shit that enables it.
    I'm not talking about privilege and bunkering up.

Let's take the average person who has to decide what to do for grocery shopping. They can either choose to do it in person (dangeorus for COVID) or delivery (almost zero chance of getting COVID). A large percentage of Americans believe that the grocery shopping is safe, as long as you wear a mask and keep your distance from other customers. They were not informed by the media that this should really be avoided. Again, I'm not saying you can't find random videos or advice to this extent buried on the CDC site, but it has never been prominent advice. It's been all about the masking.

Now, some people are at jobs where they have such high exposure anyway to where avoiding the grocery store doesn't make much sense. However, the majority of Americans weren't in such a spot, and would have greatly benefited from Fauci and the media strongly repeating over and over that the #1 suggestion is to avoid indoor spaces unless absolutely necessary. This should have been the loudest and most prominent piece of advice, way ahead of wearing cloth masks.

It was not the loudest and most prominent piece of advice, because the Democrats didn't want it perceived that way. The best way to beat Trump was to make it look like his coldness toward masking was the reason 500,000 people died.

And yeah, I guess it worked. Great job with that deception, guys!

Load Metric

Let's take the average person who has to decide what to do for grocery shopping. They can either choose to do it in person (dangeorus for COVID) or delivery (almost zero chance of getting COVID). A large percentage of Americans believe that the grocery shopping is safe, as long as you wear a mask and keep your distance from other customers. They were not informed by the media that this should really be avoided. Again, I'm not saying you can't find random videos or advice to this extent buried on the CDC site, but it has never been prominent advice. It's been all about the masking.

Now, some people are at jobs where they have such high exposure anyway to where avoiding the grocery store doesn't make much sense. However, the majority of Americans weren't in such a spot, and would have greatly benefited from Fauci and the media strongly repeating over and over that the #1 suggestion is to avoid indoor spaces unless absolutely necessary. This should have been the loudest and most prominent piece of advice, way ahead of wearing cloth masks.

It was not the loudest and most prominent piece of advice, because the Democrats didn't want it perceived that way. The best way to beat Trump was to make it look like his coldness toward masking was the reason 500,000 people died.

Grocery shopping is safe if you use a mask and keep your distance. If anything else was true we wouldn't be talking about just 500k dead.

Ever wonder if your president wouldn't have spent time ridiculing people that took the most basic precautions to avoid infections that maybe less time would have been spent to trying to convince idiots to not kill themselves. Head of your government was hosting superspreader events before he infected himself and killed a few of his supporters.

Load Metric
    Maybe they were trying to create "Coronavirus Man"?

Load Metric

Grocery shopping is safe if you use a mask and keep your distance. If anything else was true we wouldn't be talking about just 500k dead.

Ever wonder if your president wouldn't have spent time ridiculing people that took the most basic precautions to avoid infections that maybe less time would have been spent to trying to convince idiots to not kill themselves. Head of your government was hosting superspreader events before he infected himself and killed a few of his supporters.

masks don't prevent anything, sorry though, sorry you believe in "The Science", but there is simply no data supporting putting masks on sick people, let alone healthy people.

Thread Information