Page 610 of 946 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,200 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Name:  64e68f9.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  36.3 KB

found a pic of gimmick's car

Comments

simply1: Wow. That is something

Load Metric
    TG we got Trump out of office (legitimately and in a landslide) or we'd be in the same boat as Brazil
    w/mass graves & El Presidente' telling people to stop crying. LOL
    Instead we turned into the world's vaccine leader, w/over 4.5m yesterday, (w/no help from Trump except his cool nickname,)

I'm coming up on 48 hours after my J+J shot. It stung, but I can barely still feel it in my arm. Absolutely no nausea at all (knock on wood).

How Bolsonaro Seized Trump’s Crown as the World’s Worst COVID Leader

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...er/ar-BB1fuGcC
    Name:  brazil.PNG
Views: 400
Size:  1.05 MB
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    TG we got Trump out of office (legitimately and in a landslide) or we'd be in the same boat as Brazil
    w/mass graves & El Presidente' telling people to stop crying. LOL
    Instead we turned into the world's vaccine leader, w/over 4.5m yesterday, (w/no help from Trump except his cool nickname,)

I'm coming up on 48 hours after my J+J shot. It stung, but I can barely still feel it in my arm. Absolutely no nausea at all (knock on wood).

How Bolsonaro Seized Trump’s Crown as the World’s Worst COVID Leader

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...er/ar-BB1fuGcC
    Name:  brazil.PNG
Views: 400
Size:  1.05 MB
    THANK TRUMP FOR THE TRUMP VACCINE.

AND THE VACCINE ROLLOUT, WHICH BIDEN FOLLOWED EXACTLY AS TRUMP ORDERED.

THANK YOU TRUMP

Comments

desertrunner: THIS GUY ALWAYS NAILS IT.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    EXCLUSIVE - Former Pfizer VP: ‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.’

https://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/...to-your-death?

Pfizer made almost $42 Billion in revenue last year and they are already planning to provide boost shots for Covid-19 whether you need them or not.

Load Metric
    Damn...

Lady Goes Off On Orange County CA Board Of Education For Wanting To Secretly Vaccinate Children- https://banned.video/watch?id=607336a3c5f4c31752d33944

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Chinese vaccine sucks so much that even the normally-secretive government admits it:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...770e27e6590bfb

Remember how much everyone used to bash "Big Pharma" in the US? Yet those same companies managed to come out with the best two vaccines in the world, in record time.

Hmmm... it's almost as if well-funded companies in private industry can attract the best and brightest, and can do things better than the government.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Chinese vaccine sucks so much that even the normally-secretive government admits it:

Remember how much everyone used to bash "Big Pharma" in the US? Yet those same companies managed to come out with the best two vaccines in the world, in record time.

Hmmm... it's almost as if well-funded companies in private industry can attract the best and brightest, and can do things better than the government.
    Name:  ce8307c.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  62.6 KB

I mean the memes are becoming reality

FUCK the drug companies Druff

Load Metric

Single-payer healthcare would never have any impact on drug development as we are basically already a single payer healthcare company with the government paying for almost 70% of prescription medications through Medicare and Medicaid and the government funds much of the research.

It’s about eliminating insurance companies, not drug developers, although I’m happy with present situation and would be content with it for the rest of my life. I see no need to go full socialized medicine and I’m ok with this hybrid.

Comments

Salty_Aus: They spend more money on marketing then research.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus
    They spend more money on marketing then research.
    They do spend a lot on marketing, and the pharma industry does need some reform. For one, US residents should be able to order prescription meds from other first world countries, to bring some competition into the marketplace.

However, the problem with the simplistic "All medication must be cheap" position is that it ignores the expensive R&D process of new meds, and if you take away too many profit incentives, a lot of these companies are going to shy away from innovative development.

It's not a coincidence that US pharma companies were so well positioned to develop a vaccine so quickly and effectively.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus
    They spend more money on marketing then research.
    They do spend a lot on marketing, and the pharma industry does need some reform. For one, US residents should be able to order prescription meds from other first world countries, to bring some competition into the marketplace.

However, the problem with the simplistic "All medication must be cheap" position is that it ignores the expensive R&D process of new meds, and if you take away too many profit incentives, a lot of these companies are going to shy away from innovative development.

It's not a coincidence that US pharma companies were so well positioned to develop a vaccine so quickly and effectively.
    Shit-tons of their research comes from third parties already.
    Governments, foundations, charities, universities etc.

They'll continue to make money no matter what. New drug patents puts them in a strong position regarding pricing and development.

Yeah it does need a shake-up.

The price gouging on insulin is a prime example how rotten they are.

Comments

dwai: actually have to agree with Salty_Aus here

gimmick:

Load Metric
    I see the “Sweden” strategy of let’s stay open and go for herd immunity has been an epic fail and now their top scientists are admitting it and saying, “don’t do what we did.” Their death rate is significantly worse than their similar sized neighbors and they are still having major issues

If gimmick or admantium haven’t quit posting here by now, I’d be curious if that’s big news in their part of the world. I didn’t realize what a fail it had became until today.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Shit-tons of their research comes from third parties already.
    Governments, foundations, charities, universities etc.

They'll continue to make money no matter what. New drug patents puts them in a strong position regarding pricing and development.

Yeah it does need a shake-up.

The price gouging on insulin is a prime example how rotten they are.
    As I said, it needs reform, but many believe we should take much of the profit out of big pharma and mandate low prices for drugs, and it just doesn't work that way.

They do act scummy at times though, which is part of the reason for their bad reputation, and it muddies the entire issue.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I see the “Sweden” strategy of let’s stay open and go for herd immunity has been an epic fail and now their top scientists are admitting it and saying, “don’t do what we did.” Their death rate is significantly worse than their similar sized neighbors and they are still having major issues

If gimmick or admantium haven’t quit posting here by now, I’d be curious if that’s big news in their part of the world. I didn’t realize what a fail it had became until today.
    From what I heard about Sweden, they fucked up with the nursing homes and didn't protect them, thus resulting in a horrid death rate in those. Had they protected the nursing homes and otherwise just stayed open, we'd see a much different picture.

Since we're discussing that region, I always like to point out that Norway barely masked until mid-August, and even after that, the masking wasn't at a particularly high level. However, they did well regarding the infection numbers, including during the time when almost nobody was masking.

When it's all over, if there's an honest assessment of the whole thing, I think we will see that the cloth masking was widely overrated in usefulness.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We'll probably see a few of these outliers, but this one was Johnson & Johnson:

https://nypost.com/2021/04/11/nj-man...ly-vaccinated/

A 52-year-old who got fully vaccinated via the J&J shot is now in critical condition with COVID.

Load Metric

I don't think it has been big news. Sort of like dealing with a close family members debilitating drug addiction vibe. Hope for the best, but everyone knows the history of bad decisions. And publicly not too much blame/shame cast around.

No one was surprised that they decided to handle the virus with Swedish exceptionalism and what a shit show that turned out to be. They've been doing that shuffle for a while.

The current numbers are, for a country twice as big as ours, 10x confirmed infections and 15x deaths. For population size they are about the size of Michigan. As bad as Sweden handled this they have about 80% of Michigan's deaths, same confirmed infections and slightly less daily infections right now. Michigan is obv dwai-country. Number one in new US infections. I'm sure it's just a coincidence with past weeks shitposting in this thread.

Comments

BCR: Good to see you around. Always interesting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

I don't think it has been big news. Sort of like dealing with a close family members debilitating drug addiction vibe. Hope for the best, but everyone knows the history of bad decisions. And publicly not too much blame/shame cast around.

No one was surprised that they decided to handle the virus with Swedish exceptionalism and what a shit show that turned out to be. They've been doing that shuffle for a while.

The current numbers are, for a country twice as big as ours, 10x confirmed infections and 15x deaths. For population size they are about the size of Michigan. As bad as Sweden handled this they have about 80% of Michigan's deaths, same confirmed infections and slightly less daily infections right now. Michigan is obv dwai-country. Number one in new US infections. I'm sure it's just a coincidence with past weeks shitposting in this thread.
    LOCKDOWNS WORK!

MASKS WORK!!!

jk cases skyrocketing despite all draconian rules still being in place

Load Metric
    Druff how can you say cloth masks havent been effective. Nobody I know has even caught a COLD this year. my daughter has been doing in person school since september, and she hasnt had a single illness the entire year either. Both of us probably average at least 2-3 in a typical year. Christ Druff, even you the king of the common cold hasnt even been complaining about one recently....how much more data do you fucking need?? If anything, I think you could make a case at this point for all schools to shut down during the cold winter months when viruses run rampant and just go remote since weve learned that a) schools suck and are mostly useless anyway and b) it prevents everyone from constantly being sick

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

As much as I like mocking Michigan, as that’s what we do here being neighbors, they are slightly less backward than my own state. They’re 45% crazy as opposed to 55% where I’m at.

Their numbers are bizarre. I haven’t taken a close look as to where the cases are up there. I know they got that new strain up there really early from a university sports team that travelled. I would guess they were unfortunate to be the first landing spot at a point where it got a foothold before vaccinations became more prevalent and has spread among younger people. That’s just conjecture outside I know that more virulent strain hit there first. Maybe the beaches and early warm weather as they have nice ones or the African American population vaccine skepticism? Detroit metro is far bigger city than anything in Ohio despite us being a little higher in population.

You got me googling Swedish exceptionalism. I didn’t know they thought they were special. My ex-wife was Norwegian ethnically. Obviously born here, but I heard Norway stories and had a general feel for the people. My buddies wife is a Finn and he’ll say she’s typically Finn, stoic, a little aloof, as if they are genetic traits.

I don’t know many people who have Swedish ancestry. I guess that’s not surprising as when I look it up, Ohio and PA are quite low as a percentage among populous states. They tended to settle in the Upper Midwest in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Dakota’s, etc.

Having similar numbers to Michigan while being the size of California is just a shockingly poor result given how well your part of the world dealt with it in general. If you’re getting compared to the US with Covid issues, you’re an old country or did something wrong.

We’ve done fairly well with vaccinations, so not bad being compared in that respect for large countries. Cases and death, not so much.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Canada now has more covid per capita than US, these dipshits can't figure out now to roll out the vaccine. Limitles, if you're still alive, what say you about your shithole country? I thought your healthcare with top top up there.

Thread Information