Page 597 of 946 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647697 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    CDC recommending AGAINST travel for fully vaccinated individuals.

You read that right.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cdc-...ry?id=76324933

Morons. Totally the wrong messaging. All this type of shit does is erode public trust and encourage everyone to ignore them in the future. It also leads to people feeling less incentivized to vaccinate.

Load Metric
    The public trust has already been eroded beyond repair. Pushing the vaccine agenda while ignoring those with natural immunity from already having the virus is criminal.

Pushing the control agenda by spreading fear of varients is criminal. Everyone has had enough of the bullshit.

Lol so all nursing homes have been fully vaccinated yet they remain on lockdown. Visits severely limited for no reason which is terrible for the elderly.

Time to fight all of this crap.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: tats rep

Daniel72:
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In all the excitement about the vaccine, everyone forgot about a treatment.

That's a big hole in our COVID strategy. If you do get COVID, you're still fucked if it's destined to get bad for you.

But maybe a treatment has been here all along? Fluvoxamine, developed in the early 80s to deal with obsessive compulsive disorder, has strangely been found in early trials to be effective against COVID.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fluvoxa...es-2021-03-07/

This would be huge if true.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In all the excitement about the vaccine, everyone forgot about a treatment.

That's a big hole in our COVID strategy. If you do get COVID, you're still fucked if it's destined to get bad for you.

But maybe a treatment has been here all along? Fluvoxamine, developed in the early 80s to deal with obsessive compulsive disorder, has strangely been found in early trials to be effective against COVID.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fluvoxa...es-2021-03-07/

This would be huge if true.
    Yeah I caught this on 60 minutes the other day. Extraordinarily small sample size, but super encouraging results. They described it as an OCD drug. I’ve known people on it, but more as a general anxiety and PTSD. I knew a woman who took it for a period after her husband had a heart attack and unexpectedly died in his late 30s. She took a host of things, that’s just one I recall. Don’t know how it worked as she was more friend of a friend.

Took me looking up the brand name to realize it was same medication. Definitely something I’m going to get on the shelf next time I see doctor just as a why not?

Load Metric
    Shit, just found out the governor greatly expedited the process last night. Last week it was over 60, then they were going in five year increments, so I was looking at months . Now they’re going anything over 50 on Thursday. Called to schedule and they said call at 8am Thursday. They can’t technically schedule until that day. Might be a few weeks to get in, but I was thinking may and then 21 days on top of it, but it’s going to be much quicker.

Comments

splitthis: Cuz nobody wants that fucking vaccine

Load Metric
    China makes COVID-19 anal swabs mandatory for foreigners

https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/china-...for-foreigners

Gold
    Load Metric
    Sunlight, bench press, sparring, blowjobs, and steak = the original vaccine

Comments

splitthis: Fruits and vegetables too

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As I've said before, being against the vaccine if you're over 45 is idiotic.

Sure, there's questions about it, and there may very well be some long term harm from it that we're missing, but the COVID danger for those over 45 is already known (with some possible unknown long term implications, as well), so to me it's super obvious that getting the vaccine is the right play.

With that said, what the fuck is wrong with the CDC now? Are they so political to where they just spout complete nonsense in order to keep Democrats and the teachers' union happy?

It's absurd what they're saying.

You aren't supposed to travel if you're fully vaccinated. What?!

You aren't supposed to hug your grandkids if you're fully vaccinated. What?!

It's okay for two fully vaccinated people to hang out together, but only if they wear masks and socially distance. What?!

Seriously, this is the type of shit they're putting out. Even some longtime lefties on social media are shaking their heads at this. This is an embarrassment, and no other first world country is taking this approach.

There are two possible explanations: Either they're being overly cautious because they're so terrified of their advice causing more death, that they simply default to the most ridiculously restrictive advice.... OR they are under pressure by their Democratic overlords to put out such bullshit, in order to achieve the political victories which are currently being fueled by changes brought on by COVID.

Either way, this is a disservice to all Americans, and nobody should take the CDC seriously anymore.

Load Metric
    As I've said before, being against the vaccine if you're over 45 is idiotic.

Sure, there's questions about it, and there may very well be some long term harm from it that we're missing, but the COVID danger for those over 45 is already known (with some possible unknown long term implications, as well), so to me it's super obvious that getting the vaccine is the right play.

With that said, what the fuck is wrong with the CDC now? Are they so political to where they just spout complete nonsense in order to keep Democrats and the teachers' union happy?

It's absurd what they're saying.

You aren't supposed to travel if you're fully vaccinated. What?!

You aren't supposed to hug your grandkids if you're fully vaccinated. What?!

It's okay for two fully vaccinated people to hang out together, but only if they wear masks and socially distance. What?!

Seriously, this is the type of shit they're putting out. Even some longtime lefties on social media are shaking their heads at this. This is an embarrassment, and no other first world country is taking this approach.

There are two possible explanations: Either they're being overly cautious because they're so terrified of their advice causing more death, that they simply default to the most ridiculously restrictive advice.... OR they are under pressure by their Democratic overlords to put out such bullshit, in order to achieve the political victories which are currently being fueled by changes brought on by COVID.

Either way, this is a disservice to all Americans, and nobody should take the CDC seriously anymore.
    I’d say it’s highly likely the first. You aren’t ever getting burnt being overcautious. It’s pretty much irrelevant as the governors are already relaxing everything before everyone is vaccinated. Once most at risk are, they’ll all drop everything.

Obviously 98% isn’t 100, so people are still going to get sick occasionally, but once vaccinated, it’s going to be the roaring 20s this summer/fall. Seniors/others should go live as if it is cured. Even if you’re part of the 2%, that’s just infected, you’re very unlikely to get real sick. Their recommendations are a little nonsensical atm, but it’s spring fever time anywhere cold and they only have a fraction vaccinated. If they don’t revise it to go live your life as normal once the majority are, they should be fully ignored.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The problem with this idiotic advice is that it actually has consequences.

When given nonsensically over-restrictive advice, human nature is to completely ignore it, rather than to do a toned down version of it. Furthermore, once the person (or entity) giving the terrible advice loses credibility, everything they say in the future is ignored, even if it's valid.

This will result in two things:

1) People will be less enthusiastic about taking the vaccine, feeling like it won't change their lives much.

2) Others who once respected the CDC will simply ignore everything they have to say going forward, even when the CDC is putting out important, factual information.

Good government policy (and recommendations) involves merging safety with practicality. This advice isn't at all practical, and we are the only country to my knowledge putting out such BS. Everywhere in Europe, there are signs and ad campaigns promoting that life will return to normal once you get vaccinated. That should be the message here.

This is a huge mistake, whatever the reason.

Biden should take control here and stop this, but he seems uninterested, and Jen Psaki avoids directly answering questions about this.

Load Metric
    So, i just got a jab in my arm of that Funky Cold Moderna this afternoon. Arm is starting to hurt a bit, kind of like the soreness after a tough workout. I am really tired, though that could be the after effects of Half Marathon I ran 3 days ago. Not experiencing any other side effects. Skipping the evening glass of Rye just to be careful.

Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 03-11-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, i just got a jab in my arm of that Funky Cold Moderna this afternoon. Arm is starting to hurt a bit, kind of like the soreness after a tough workout. I am really tired, though that could be the after effects of Half Marathon I ran 3 days ago. Not experiencing any other side effects. Skipping the evening glass of Rye just to be careful.

Yeah, Florida is doing good. I’m guessing it’s the half marathon. I haven’t spoken to anyone with any issues after first. Only after second. Mostly younger. My parents felt nothing after second. Fine. The younger people I know got their ass kicked for a day because of stronger immune systems. That’s not hard and fast, a few older people might feel fluish, but knowing probably 50 older people in my parents circle, for the most part they are completely fine after second. None had an issue beyond a day.

In our demo, second shot seems hit or miss as to a bad day or not. Most feel a bit of something, but not to degree younger people do.

I set my alarm for 745 and was ready to schedule. As expected, no appointments available. I assumed that would happen on first day and with the age now being lowered to people who are far more savvy at scheduling appointments online. My pharmacist friend said they’re straight out atm, and they’re not taking appointments and forcing everyone through the automated system as it’s a chain, so she can’t just snag me one.

I figured this would be the case, I’ll be happy to get in for first in next month, which is still far earlier than I expected. I might go on a little hunt within 90 minutes of me and look around for a gap, but will probably give it a few days as my main concern was my parents and they’re cool now.

Glad to hear you got in. Hopefully you’re feeling fine today.
    Last edited by BCR; 03-11-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Yeah, Florida is doing good. I’m guessing it’s the half marathon. I haven’t spoken to anyone with any issues after first. Only after second. Mostly younger. My parents felt nothing after second. Fine. The younger people I know got their ass kicked for a day because of stronger immune systems. That’s not hard and fast, a few older people might feel fluish, but knowing probably 50 older people in my parents circle, for the most part they are completely fine after second. None had an issue beyond a day.

In our demo, second shot seems hit or miss as to a bad day or not. Most feel a bit of something, but not to degree younger people do.

I set my alarm for 745 and was ready to schedule. As expected, no appointments available. I assumed that would happen on first day and with the age now being lowered to people who are far more savvy at scheduling appointments online. My pharmacist friend said they’re straight out atm, and they’re not taking appointments and forcing everyone through the automated system as it’s a chain, so she can’t just snag me one.

I figured this would be the case, I’ll be happy to get in for first in next month, which is still far earlier than I expected. I might go on a little hunt within 90 minutes of me and look around for a gap, but will probably give it a few days as my main concern was my parents and they’re cool now.

Glad to hear you got in. Hopefully you’re feeling fine today.
    i was told to go to Publix's vaccine website at exactly 7:00am on Monday morning. That's what I did and after 30 minutes in the virtual waiting room, I was able to choose a store based upon vaccine supply and booked an appointment. I hope you can get your vaccine soon.

We're still doing good. Arm is the kind of sore you would feel after a tough workout, nothing bad. Only bothered me when washing my hair in the shower this morning. No other symptoms.

Comments

BCR: Got in for first on 19th. Glad you’re doing well, sore arm aside.

Load Metric
    I got my second shot in NY today. I am diabetic and felt pretty shitty for a few days after the first shot. So far I have felt less shitty from the second shot. Maybe there is something to the theory those who get hit harder with the first shot, may have more antibodies built up and feel less shitty from the second. I don’t know, sounds kind of scientific. Whatever, I guess we’ll see.

So here’s the deal with the pre-existing stuff. People are just making appointments, even if they don’t really meet one of the requirements. The girl who gave me the shot did ask me why I qualified, but other people are either not being asked or site HIPPA when asked. They just say they were told they can keep the reason private. Bottom line, they are not turning people away. If you have an appointment they are giving you the shot. It’s a little fucked up, but it is what it is.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I got my second shot in NY today. I am diabetic and felt pretty shitty for a few days after the first shot. So far I have felt less shitty from the second shot. Maybe there is something to the theory those who get hit harder with the first shot, may have more antibodies built up and feel less shitty from the second. I don’t know, sounds kind of scientific. Whatever, I guess we’ll see.

So here’s the deal with the pre-existing stuff. People are just making appointments, even if they don’t really meet one of the requirements. The girl who gave me the shot did ask me why I qualified, but other people are either not being asked or site HIPPA when asked. They just say they were told they can keep the reason private. Bottom line, they are not turning people away. If you have an appointment they are giving you the shot. It’s a little fucked up, but it is what it is.
    Can confirm this is true in my home state as well. I'm 40, but quality to get the vaccine due to the nature of my work. Wife in the same boat (different industries, still permitted to get the vaccine).

Registered for a first shot on Wednesday on State Department of Health website). Appointment scheduled for 3/16. My dumb ass thought I was scheduled for today. Drove to the site and they waived me through (accepting anyone who had any scheduled appointment - confirmed with QR code).

In and out on 5 minutes. All done in my car.. got the Pfizer shot. No questions asked. Waited 15 minutes after the shot to make sure I didn't experience crazy side effects.

CDC IMO taking a cautious approach to easing up restrictions, but also really illogical with their guidance. Since June 2020, family has gone on vacations, visited water parks (both outdoors and indoors), gone to parties with friends and family, sent children to in-person school, and only had 1 COVID-19 scare (thankfully all negative). Slightly fortunate, Slightly reckless. We're all very low risk so I don't regret any of these decisions.

Agree that this spring/summer many people will simply ignore the illogical guidance and start living their lives once vaccinated. I live in a red state so I probably won't get too much shit for living life more normally.

Load Metric
    Watched a segment on 60 minutes , scariest thing is that the covid is constantly mutating. Sure its been said already just making getting a shot irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Healthy 39-year-old woman dies from the Moderna vaccine.

Uh oh!

https://mynbc15.com/news/coronavirus...-investigation

Probably an extreme outlier, but this is why it's not trivial for people under 30 to get it.

Load Metric

Uh oh!

Probably an extreme outlier, but this is why it's not trivial for people under 30 to get it.
    BCR is gonna be pissed that you've said this about the vaccine

Comments

splitthis: He is an idiot fo sho

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Uh oh!

BCR is gonna be pissed that you've said this about the vaccine
    Why would I be shocked someone died from the vaccine? People die from every single medication known to man and there are very few medications that have had 70 million take them recently. 20% of the US population has been vaccinated. I’d guess you could make an argument it’s one of the safest medications known to man as far as early results. What other medication have 70 million people taken in the past 4 months? Some cholesterol drugs maybe? Doubtful quite 70 million with a median age in US of 37. I’m not on one and I’d say 2/3 of friends aren’t.

Some blood pressure drugs are probably the only thing close, and even then, I’m not on any, and I’d say half my friends are, so I’m not sure even seventy million have taken that in past 4 months.

People on statins get Rhabdomyolysis from statins rarely and it’s fatal. It’s more common than Covid deaths thus far. You’re still a moron to not take them if the risk is lower than the alternative.

Random young people die of Covid who have no underlying conditions and aren’t fat. Very few, but it has certainly happened.

Younger people seem to have stronger reactions to second shot. It’s only logical an occasional person drops dead with many having a bad day.

I assume if we vaccinate 70% of 330 million people we could have a 1000 deaths and it wouldn’t be shit compared to over half a million.

If young people started dropping at a higher rate than they die of Covid, it’s a conversation.

I’d get it if I was 25, but only because there have been studies that show cross immunity from other corona strains have made people with those strains get very sick far less even when they had it a decade earlier.

I’d get it at 25 because logic dictates if people were getting less sick from having other corona viruses, that a vaccine of Covid itself would very likely be more preventative if some mutation of Covid occurs that hits younger people harder. Right now, it’s extraordinarily rare they are going to die from Covid or the vaccine. It’s a lottery shot either way. You don’t know it won’t help you to have those antibodies though in the future when you’re older. You don’t know it won’t help you survive a mutation and you just get mildly sick instead of very sick.

Comments

gimmick: my guess is that after the coronary report there's no story

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Watched a segment on 60 minutes , scariest thing is that the covid is constantly mutating. Sure its been said already just making getting a shot irrelevant.
    So is the FLU, keep being scared sheep.

Comments

Daniel72:
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information