Page 589 of 947 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,780 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post
    Regardless gimmick you just ignored how much of a fraud he stated Fauci is even saying he lies to the public and doesn't know anything, a nobel prize winning legend in his field vs your anonymous opinion. Shut the fuck up.
    Ok. I guess that qualifies as a response.

That was 25 years ago and the context of it was him defending his position that HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

ps. choke on a bag of dicks
    This new WHO memo states that using a high CT value to test for the presence of Sars-Cov-2 will result in false-positive results.

To quote their own words [our emphasis]:

Users of RT-PCR reagents should read the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is necessary to account for any background noise which may lead to a specimen with a high cycle threshold (Ct) value result being interpreted as a positive result.

They go on to explain [again, our emphasis]:

The design principle of RT-PCR means that for patients with high levels of circulating virus (viral load), relatively few cycles will be needed to detect virus and so the Ct value will be low. Conversely, when specimens return a high Ct value, it means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain.

Of course, none of this is news to anyone who has been paying attention. That PCR tests were easily manipulated and potentially highly inaccurate has been one of the oft-repeated battle cries of those of us opposing the “pandemic” narrative, and the policies it’s being used to sell.

Many articles have been written about it, by many experts in the field, medical journalists and other researchers. It’s been commonly available knowledge, for months now, that any test using a CT value over 35 is potentially meaningless.

Dr Kary Mullis, who won the Nobel Prize for inventing the PCR process, was clear that it wasn’t meant as a diagnostic tool, saying:

with PCR, if you do it well, you can find almost anything in anybody.”

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Silver
    Load Metric
    Here's a video of him commenting on PCR tests

You claimed earlier although wasn't in that first video I linked but it was bashing the most key figure in the largest pandemic/shut down of the entire world ever.

So maybe when someone who invented the test used in this largest shut down event ever who died months before it began, is on record saying the guy advising the biggest economy in the world on how to handle it is a liar and doesn't know shit although related to a different issue, maybe there's at least something worth considering there. Nah just dismiss it all! What a faggot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post

Ok. I guess that qualifies as a response.

That was 25 years ago and the context of it was him defending his position that HIV doesn't cause AIDS.

ps. choke on a bag of dicks
    This new WHO memo states that using a high CT value to test for the presence of Sars-Cov-2 will result in false-positive results.

To quote their own words [our emphasis]:

Users of RT-PCR reagents should read the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is necessary to account for any background noise which may lead to a specimen with a high cycle threshold (Ct) value result being interpreted as a positive result.

They go on to explain [again, our emphasis]:

The design principle of RT-PCR means that for patients with high levels of circulating virus (viral load), relatively few cycles will be needed to detect virus and so the Ct value will be low. Conversely, when specimens return a high Ct value, it means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain.

Of course, none of this is news to anyone who has been paying attention. That PCR tests were easily manipulated and potentially highly inaccurate has been one of the oft-repeated battle cries of those of us opposing the “pandemic” narrative, and the policies it’s being used to sell.

Many articles have been written about it, by many experts in the field, medical journalists and other researchers. It’s been commonly available knowledge, for months now, that any test using a CT value over 35 is potentially meaningless.

Dr Kary Mullis, who won the Nobel Prize for inventing the PCR process, was clear that it wasn’t meant as a diagnostic tool, saying:

with PCR, if you do it well, you can find almost anything in anybody.”

SHUT THE FUCK UP
    Sure sure. So the guy whose claim to fame was the PCR test said it's worthless. That makes perfect sense. I'm sure he sent his Nobel Prize back. Or he was talking about a very specific virus/disease. You know the one that PCR tests aren't commonly used for.

Yea using the correct threshold and handful of other measures need to be taken care of if you want accurate results. That's more or less true of every single medical test that's commonly used.

Load Metric
    All of this is just BS that has been circulating since summer.

https://www.aap.com.au/pcr-inventor-...19-infections/

Something recently radicalized soccer moms share in Facebook. Or in other words, solid contribution for this site.

Load Metric
    Ask anyone in the gay community that lived through the AIDS epidemic. Under Fauci's leadership multi-thousands died needlessly because of his bureaucratic bullshit.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Ask anyone in the gay community that lived through the AIDS epidemic. Under Fauci's leadership multi-thousands died needlessly because of his bureaucratic bullshit.
    Do tell? Got any good AIDS scares from the past?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Do tell? Got any good AIDS scares from the past?
    It's well documented on the internet how Fauci ignored medicines for years that had been proven effective. Do your own homework. I'm not your secretary, bozo.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    I lived through the AIDS 'epidemic' as a young man. The media and doctors like Fauci had every straight man scared to death we were going to catch it and and when Magic and that rapper got it, there was legit terror. Turns out it was localized to the gays and needle sharers and the unfortunate soul who got a blood transfusion before testing. It never made it's way to the mainstream hetero population, to the dismay of the main stream media.

So people will say what about Magic, well the rumors always swirled about his relationship with Jermaine Stewart in the 80s. Who knows. But he was a hound for sure and said he would have sex with women twice a day, many he did not know, when he was on the road playing.

Let me tell you how bad the AIDS hype was in the mid 90s, I found out right after I shook hands with a guy he was +, I immediately grabbed my right wrist with my left hand and went in to the men's room and engulfed it with soap and blazing hot water. Crazy times.

Comments

dwai:

Cerveza Fria: Too bad you didn't find out BEFORE you blew him. Well, $20 is $20...

splitthis: Yep

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I lived through the AIDS 'epidemic' as a young man. The media and doctors like Fauci had every straight man scared to death we were going to catch it and and when Magic and that rapper got it, there was legit terror. Turns out it was localized to the gays and needle sharers and the unfortunate soul who got a blood transfusion before testing. It never made it's way to the mainstream hetero population, to the dismay of the main stream media.

So people will say what about Magic, well the rumors always swirled about his relationship with Jermaine Stewart in the 80s. Who knows. But he was a hound for sure and said he would have sex with women twice a day, many he did not know, when he was on the road playing.

Let me tell you how bad the AIDS hype was in the mid 90s, I found out right after I shook hands with a guy he was +, I immediately grabbed my right wrist with my left hand and went in to the men's room and engulfed it with soap and blazing hot water. Crazy times.
    I was told in JHS if you got AIDS you would need to take 30 pills a day. At that time I was only able to take crushed up pills cause I couldnt swallow even a tylenol. Was terrified of gay sex.

Now I swallow 7 inch dicks in my mouth and enjoy it. Crazy times.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Correct.

Some people here aren't old enough to remember the AIDS panic of the '80s and early '90s, but the media did their best to avoid (accurately) labeling it a "gay disease", and tried to cover up the numbers which would have made most heterosexual men dismiss it.

The belief at the time was that hetero men basically ruled everything, and without their buyin, there would never be appropriate funding for AIDS research, especially if it's seen as a disease of gay people and IV drug users. Therefore, the left and the media pushed the false narrative that "anyone can die from AIDS", similar to the "anyone can die of COVID" narrative being pushed to people under 30 today. It was assumed that proper research funding could only be achieved if the entire population was terrified of it.

I remember digging up the stats in 1990, and was shocked to find that heterosexual, non-IV drug using males made up virtually 0% of new HIV cases. Furthermore, since this info was self-reported, it's believed that some of the "straight" men who caught HIV were either lying about their drug use or gay sex. (Note that being gay in that time period was still considered shameful in many circles.)

What was most eye-opening was a study at the time which showed that you could have sex with 500 different female prostitutes unprotected, and your chance of catching HIV was substantially LESS than having unprotected buttsex one time with one random dude.

Unlike some other Republicans at the time, I actually felt AIDS research was important, and that we shouldn't underfund it simply because it was somewhat behavior-related. It was also true that heterosexual women were somewhat vulnerable, as they could catch it from men through heterosexual sex. However, this was also greatly exaggerated by the media. It was far more riskier to have gay sex or use intravenous drugs with a shared needle.

What bothered me was the dishonesty of the situation. The media manipulation of AIDS in the '80s and '90s definitely has a lot of parallels to what's going on with COVID today. While COVID is legitimately a lot more dangerous to society than AIDS was, there's a lot of the same "dishonesty for society's own good" going on from the left right now. There's even some on the left who are openly admitting that they are using COVID as an "opportunity" to change the way society views government entitlement programs. The whole thing is very disgusting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    European CDC is saying what I've been saying all along about masking:

It can't hurt, and it probably helps a little, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/public...9-transmission

But that doesn't stop Joe Biden from posting condescending bullshit like this:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1361736716948811777

"Mask up" irritates me -- and has for many months, not just because Biden tweeted it yesterday. It reeks of condescension, and furthers the false sense of security which leads people into COVID-dangerous situations, feeling safe because of mask wearing.

Norway, with very little mask use, did fairly well during the pandemic. This is now believed to be the result of people taking social distancing seriously, which is far more important than masking.

The Democrats don't want to be honest about masking's weak effectiveness, because they have been using the mask thing to attack Trump and Republicans.

SCIENCE!!!!
    Literally nothing has changed. Masks have small to moderate effect alone. Social distancing has small to moderate effect alone. No one has said anything else at any point.

Norway was at 40% mask usage week ago. They did well last year because they only had half a flu season and people followed very simple guidance. There wasn't a good reason to use masks just incase because they don't do anything when barely no one is infected. Now they have a reason to use masks and they do use them.
    Norway was at almost 0% mask usage through August. They were doing great because people were social distancing, and not using masks as their security blankets to engage in dangerous behavior.

Social distancing is far more important than masking. The most important factor is a form of social distancing -- what a great white poker rapper would call "practicing avoidance". Avoid going indoors other than your own home, and your chance of catching COVID decreases to near zero. I realize that some people can't avoid this, if they work in an indoor environment, and can't work from home as a substitute. However, many people have been brainwashed to believe "masking = safe", so they feel if they throw on a mask and wash their hands a lot, they are pretty safe to return to some normalcy.

The left has obsessed over mask wearing simply because Trump wouldn't make a strong statement about masking, and because many MAGA types railed on about masks violating their rights to freedom. Thus, the left had to sell the position that masking meant the difference between a good COVID outcome and a bad COVID outcome for the US, and now they're committed to that lie.

You don't know how many moron leftists on Facebook argue, "Trump was a horrible President who could have saved 490,000 lives if he just told everyone to wear a mask!"

Sure enough, now we have doddering old Biden telling us to "mask up". In the meantime, Biden is letting the teachers' union dominate him like he's at a fetish club, and as a result, public opinion is (incorrectly) on the teachers' side to keep schools closed, while our children suffer immensely. Guess which children are suffering the most? I'll give you a hint -- it's not well-off white kids like my son.

Once again, the left feigns compassion for the less fortunate, while fucking black and brown people over, and perpetuating their struggles.

Load Metric

Literally nothing has changed. Masks have small to moderate effect alone. Social distancing has small to moderate effect alone. No one has said anything else at any point.

Norway was at 40% mask usage week ago. They did well last year because they only had half a flu season and people followed very simple guidance. There wasn't a good reason to use masks just incase because they don't do anything when barely no one is infected. Now they have a reason to use masks and they do use them.
    Norway was at almost 0% mask usage through August. They were doing great because people were social distancing, and not using masks as their security blankets to engage in dangerous behavior.

Social distancing is far more important than masking. The most important factor is a form of social distancing -- what a great white poker rapper would call "practicing avoidance". Avoid going indoors other than your own home, and your chance of catching COVID decreases to near zero. I realize that some people can't avoid this, if they work in an indoor environment, and can't work from home as a substitute. However, many people have been brainwashed to believe "masking = safe", so they feel if they throw on a mask and wash their hands a lot, they are pretty safe to return to some normalcy.

The left has obsessed over mask wearing simply because Trump wouldn't make a strong statement about masking, and because many MAGA types railed on about masks violating their rights to freedom. Thus, the left had to sell the position that masking meant the difference between a good COVID outcome and a bad COVID outcome for the US, and now they're committed to that lie.

You don't know how many moron leftists on Facebook argue, "Trump was a horrible President who could have saved 490,000 lives if he just told everyone to wear a mask!"

Sure enough, now we have doddering old Biden telling us to "mask up". In the meantime, Biden is letting the teachers' union dominate him like he's at a fetish club, and as a result, public opinion is (incorrectly) on the teachers' side to keep schools closed, while our children suffer immensely. Guess which children are suffering the most? I'll give you a hint -- it's not well-off white kids like my son.

Once again, the left feigns compassion for the less fortunate, while fucking black and brown people over, and perpetuating their struggles.
    In August Norway was at -15-20% vs typical mobility and US was at -20-25%. That would be the metric for social distancing. So no that's not the reason. You're just using Norway as an example because it fit your narrative. It's not doing it anymore. Pick another country.

My apologies if there are retards in US that think any random mask makes them invincible. That's not what the "media" tells us here. That's also not what CDC or WHO has said at any point in time.

Load Metric
    LOL @ arguing with gimmick

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

In August Norway was at -15-20% vs typical mobility and US was at -20-25%. That would be the metric for social distancing. So no that's not the reason. You're just using Norway as an example because it fit your narrative. It's not doing it anymore. Pick another country.

My apologies if there are retards in US that think any random mask makes them invincible. That's not what the "media" tells us here. That's also not what CDC or WHO has said at any point in time.
    On August 1, a poll of Norwegians had about 4% claiming they wore masks "all the time", and the vast majority of people saying they wore masks "never".

Then Norway decided to change course and start pressing mask wearing, because they started to get an outbreak in Oslo. They were afraid that if they didn't, they'd get shit for not doing what much of the world was doing. It was well known that Norwegians simply didn't wear masks for the most part during the first 6 months of the pandemic, while it was very common to see Americans wearing masks when you went out anywhere, even back in August. However, Norway barely had a COVID problem, while in the US (where masking was far more common), it was pretty bad.

Social distancing takes various forms. One involves staying 6 feet away from people, another involves simply avoiding public spaces which one would otherwise visit if there was no pandemic, and another involves avoiding spaces which are most dangerous. "Typical mobility" doesn't measure that. Even with your numbers, Norwegians were social distancing substantially more at the time, though!

It's not that people think they're "invincible" when wearing a mask. It's that they feel substantially safer, and thus are less nervous about placing themselves in COVID-dangerous situations. Why shouldn't they? The Dems have been pushing for a year now that masking is everything. How often have we heard that Trump killed hundreds of thousands of people for not speaking out on the importance of masking?

If we took a random poll of Americans, do you think they would overrate or underrate the effectiveness of masking? And if the answer is "overrate", whose fault is it? The "retards"? Or the media trying to brainwash people that Trump is a bad orange man who killed everyone because he wouldn't push masking harder?

Load Metric

On August 1, a poll of Norwegians had about 4% claiming they wore masks "all the time", and the vast majority of people saying they wore masks "never".

Then Norway decided to change course and start pressing mask wearing, because they started to get an outbreak in Oslo. They were afraid that if they didn't, they'd get shit for not doing what much of the world was doing. It was well known that Norwegians simply didn't wear masks for the most part during the first 6 months of the pandemic, while it was very common to see Americans wearing masks when you went out anywhere, even back in August. However, Norway barely had a COVID problem, while in the US (where masking was far more common), it was pretty bad.

Social distancing takes various forms. One involves staying 6 feet away from people, another involves simply avoiding public spaces which one would otherwise visit if there was no pandemic, and another involves avoiding spaces which are most dangerous. "Typical mobility" doesn't measure that. Even with your numbers, Norwegians were social distancing substantially more at the time, though!

It's not that people think they're "invincible" when wearing a mask. It's that they feel substantially safer, and thus are less nervous about placing themselves in COVID-dangerous situations. Why shouldn't they? The Dems have been pushing for a year now that masking is everything. How often have we heard that Trump killed hundreds of thousands of people for not speaking out on the importance of masking?

If we took a random poll of Americans, do you think they would overrate or underrate the effectiveness of masking? And if the answer is "overrate", whose fault is it? The "retards"? Or the media trying to brainwash people that Trump is a bad orange man who killed everyone because he wouldn't push masking harder?
    US was social distancing more. I didn't bother to word it more clearly. Norway had 15-20% less mobility and US had 20-25% less mobility.

During summer Norway and Finland had barely any cases. Once our cases went up we both started using masks more. It has nothing to do with any "pressure" since not a single country has criticized our Covid numbers or how we handled the pandemic. It has everything to do with rising case numbers.

Finland's August numbers for only metric that measures social distancing was between 5-15% more than typical. We might have been masking at around 5%. Our cases per capita were roughly the same as your deaths per capita at the time.

We dealt with the seasonal virus properly when it was in season. Hence we didn't have to care about it off-season. That's the reason for lack of masking.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

US was social distancing more. I didn't bother to word it more clearly. Norway had 15-20% less mobility and US had 20-25% less mobility.

During summer Norway and Finland had barely any cases. Once our cases went up we both started using masks more. It has nothing to do with any "pressure" since not a single country has criticized our Covid numbers or how we handled the pandemic. It has everything to do with rising case numbers.

Finland's August numbers for only metric that measures social distancing was between 5-15% more than typical. We might have been masking at around 5%. Our cases per capita were roughly the same as your deaths per capita at the time.

We dealt with the seasonal virus properly when it was in season. Hence we didn't have to care about it off-season. That's the reason for lack of masking.
    Wait, I thought COVID was a super-contagious virus which spreads exponentially, and treating it lackadaisically before it gets bad is a huge mistake?

I thought that was one of the main criticisms of Trump -- that he didn't jump on it as a super-serious matter until it was too late.

Now gimmick is telling us that it's totally cool not to care about COVID as long as it's "off season", whatever that means.

I learn something new every day on this site!

Load Metric
    ROFL

Load Metric

Wait, I thought COVID was a super-contagious virus which spreads exponentially, and treating it lackadaisically before it gets bad is a huge mistake?

I thought that was one of the main criticisms of Trump -- that he didn't jump on it as a super-serious matter until it was too late.

Now gimmick is telling us that it's totally cool not to care about COVID as long as it's "off season", whatever that means.

I learn something new every day on this site!
    When there's a handful of cases on the other side of the country masking does almost nothing. Do you have other bad faith arguments i need to address. Do you prefer that i treat you like a complete idiot and overexplain everything?

Literally no one is saying Trump should have done fuck all in January 2020.

Are you somehow confused about the seasonal nature of flu viruses? Is that the issue?

You can look for New Zealand to support your less masking is better theory. Do you wanna guess when they started masking? When their cases went up. It's not a hard concept. There is no negative causation between masks and Covid-19. Do you just randomly bandage yourself? Just like with masks and Covid there is a negative correlation with bandages and wounds. Maybe you can guess how the causation works out? I don't have my hopes up but something something about broken clocks.

Load Metric
    Yup, It was only a matter of time. Some liberal think tank funded a study with a pre-determined outcome to show that COVID-19 is racist and discriminates against LGBTQ communities. This "study" BTW, is pure Libtard Bullshit personified. SMH. Now, they are going to use this to say that they should get Vaccines before everyone else. And more stimulus $$$. Just wait and see.

Link to Article here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...dy/ar-BB1dNUtr

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people of color are significantly more likely to experience the adverse health and economic effects of the Covid-19 pandemic than white non-LGBTQ people, according to a new study.

The study from the Williams Institute, a think tank at the UCLA School of Law, is based on a national survey of more than 12,000 U.S. adults, conducted between August and December. According to researchers, the impact of the pandemic cannot be understood without considering the intersection of race with sexual orientation and gender identity.

“People in America are experiencing the pandemic differently,” Brad Sears, interim executive director of the Williams Institute and an author of the report, told NBC News. “In many of the results, you can see a combined impact of sexual orientation and race and ethnicity.”

The disproportionate effects, the study notes, can be found “across a number of indicators.”

“LGBT people of color are more likely to have tested positive for COVID-19, to personally know someone who died of COVID-19, and to have experienced several types of economic instability as a result of the pandemic,” the study states. “They are also more likely to follow public health measures, such as getting tested for COVID-19, social distancing, and wearing masks than non-LGBT White people.”

The study comes on the heels of another from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that found sexual minorities have higher rates of several underlying health conditions — such as cancer, kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes and asthma — that can increase the risk of severe illness related to Covid-19.

Previous studies from the Williams Institute have also found LGBTQ people to be at risk of serious illness resulting from Covid-19 and to face higher rates of unemployment as a result of the pandemic.

Health consequences
    LGBTQ people of color were twice as likely as white respondents — regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity — to report having tested positive for Covid-19 (14.5 percent vs. just over 7 percent), according to the findings, while non-LGBTQ people of color had a positivity rate of 10.6 percent.

“Race is playing a huge role here,” Sears said, adding, “When we think about an intersectional impact, this is about as clear as we can see it in the data.”

In terms of a personal impact, researchers found that people of color — regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity — were over than 50 percent more likely than their white counterparts to personally know someone who died of Covid-19.

Economic impact
    The survey’s economic findings further underscore the intersectional impact of the pandemic, with LGBTQ people of color nearly three times more likely than non-LGBTQ whites to report being recently laid off (15 percent vs. 5.4 percent). LGBTQ whites and non-LGBTQ people of color reported similar rates (10.4 percent vs. 11.5 percent).

LGBTQ people of color were also nearly twice as likely than non-LGBTQ whites to report being concerned about their ability to pay their bills (63 percent vs. 33 percent), with rates for LGBTQ whites and non-LGBTQ people of color somewhere in between (42 percent and 55 percent, respectively).

Sears speculated that several other factors in addition to race and LGBTQ status could be at play in the economic data, including age, gender and occupation.

The survey’s LGBTQ respondents were younger overall than the non-LGBTQ respondents, and he noted that “younger people were in jobs that were harder hit and have less economic stability.”

“The second thing that is important to keep in mind is that this is the first recession to hit women harder than men,” Sears said. “Women are more likely to identify as lesbian, bisexual and transgender.”

He also added that LGBTQ are overrepresented “in occupations that have been the hardest hit that include retail, food service and health care.”

Following public health guidance
    LGBTQ people’s level of concern about the pandemic is higher than non-LGBTQ people, as is their propensity to follow public health guidelines, the report found.

Ninety percent of LGBTQ respondents said they were concerned about the pandemic, and 85 percent said they were worried about getting sick, compared to 82 percent and 75 percent of non-LGBTQ respondents, according to the report.

Approximately 94 percent of LGBTQ respondents said they followed public health guidelines like wearing a mask, compared to 89 percent of non-LGBTQ respondents, and 80 percent of LGBTQ respondents said they practiced social distancing, compared to 75 percent of non-LGBTQ respondents.

“You start seeing, not surprisingly, the groups most impacted are also the groups taking it most seriously and following through with precautions,” Sears said.

There was no significant difference between LGBTQ people and non-LGBTQ people in their intention to get the vaccination.

Government trust and missing data
    The survey found a gap between LGBTQ and non-LGBTQ people when it comes to trust in institutions, with LGBTQ people reporting less trust in both the federal government (31 percent vs. 38 percent) and pharmaceutical companies (28 percent vs. 41 percent). They did, however, report a higher level of trust in the CDC than their non-LGBTQ counterparts (76 percent vs. 70 percent).

For Sears, deficits in public trust are one more reason why the lack of LGBTQ-specific data collection from the government is a problem.

“It is important for the federal government to add questions to the Pulse survey,” he said, referring to the government survey launched in October to understand how Americans have been affected by the pandemic.

“The government responded very quickly in creating that survey to measure the impact that Covid was having on the American population, but they did not include questions on sexual orientation or gender identity,” he said. “We have been working to find data to fill in this gap.”

Sears noted the pandemic is revealing inequalities that have already existed in society along the lines of race, gender and sexuality, and said it would be “extremely helpful” for the Biden administration’s efforts to control the pandemic to have sexual orientation and gender identity data.

“It was no surprise that his epidemic has disproportionately impacted people of color, and it was not a surprise that this pandemic has disproportionately impacted LGBT people,” he said.

He added that an effective vaccine alone will not end the health crisis: “Addressing these entrenched inequalities of race, ethnicity, sexuality and gender is the only way to get through this pandemic and to prevent the next one.”
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 02-18-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Yup, It was only a matter of time. Some liberal think tank funded a sturdy to show that COVID-19 is racist and discriminates against LGBTQ communities. This study BTW, is pure Libtard Bullshit personified. SMH. Now, they are going to use this to say that they should get Vaccines before everyone else. And more stimulus $$$. Just wait and see.

Link to Article here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...dy/ar-BB1dNUtr
    ROFL

Thread Information