Page 587 of 946 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    You're a climate change denier, covid conspiracy theory spreader, Trump apologist that has no problem rejecting the findings of experts and just pretending it doesn't exist or replacing it with your own idea that you just came up with in your head. So yeah. And if we could go back to 2015 and describe your future self to your 2015 self - I think you'd agree that you ignore facts and studies - at least on the pandemic stuff.
    I'm not a climate change denier. Not sure where you're getting that one. I don't spread COVID conspiracy theories. I stated that I believe it came from a lab -- something impossible to prove or disprove, but everyone sane admits is a realistic possibility. Note that "came from a lab" doesn't mean "developed in a lab", but simply that the culprit for COVID spreading was a lab.

Which COVID studies have I ignored? The left has been incredibly anti-science with many COVID policies and beliefs, which is why Nate Silver (a Democrat) finally spoke out. In the cases where the right has been anti-science regarding COVID, I have also called it out, on both the forum and radio show.

You claim I "ignore facts and studies", but that sounds like projection to me. For example, you just posted a chart of black COVID vaccination rates as "proof" black people are somehow given a lesser opportunity for vaccination. Yet you didn't even take a moment to ask yourself WHY the black vaccination rates are lower. Did you not realize that perhaps they're simply choosing not to get it?

Seems like all you want to do is post some skewed statistics to prove your woke worldview, pat yourself on the back, and walk away believing you pwned the right.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You bend over backwards a hell of a lot more to stop scammers. How guilty do you feel when someone else gets scammed?

What would you say to someone that accused you of virtue signaling or doing it only out of guilt?

I honestly believe it takes quite a bit of ignorance to think that systemic racism in America is a myth. I don't think it means you hate minorities are are bad person. I just think whatever echo chamber you're stuck in has blinded you from the reality that is American history - slavery just isn't far enough behind us yet and it won't be in our life time. Think about the fact that when you were born there were still living Americans who were born slaves with hundreds of years of slavery before them. When do you think systemic racism disappeared?

Systemic racism is different than racism.

Of course instances of racism still exist in the US. Systemic racism is different -- it's the belief that the entire system has racism implanted into it, and that blacks simply cannot get ahead unless we tear everything down and redo it.

The problem is that taking the "everything's racist" line as a white person is intellectually and morally lazy. Sure, it's easy to cast your own race as privileged and auto-accept every theory that negative outcomes for black people are the result of racism. It's a lot tougher to look at these theories critically and separate the truth from the trash. The former allows you to look sensitive and empathetic, the latter risks being cast as a racist or an insensitive jerk.

All claims need to hold up to scrutiny. You can't just believe claims because they're about a purported victim class.

For example, why are black men incarcerated at so much of a higher rate than white people? Is it because they're committing more violent crimes? Is the justice system racist? Is the vast increase of black fatherless homes somewhat to blame? Where does poverty figure into this, and whose fault is the poverty?

These are complex questions, which require honest and complex answers. Simply answering the above with, "Because society is systemically racist" doesn't solve anything, nor is it honest.

But that answer is very woke, and it allows you to pat yourself really hard on the back for being sensitive to the plight of the victim classes. I honestly believe you swallow all of this nonsense because you feel some guilt for your status in life, and want to see those struggling get help. However, knee-jerk acceptance of 2020s woke extremism isn't going to change anything, except for the worse.

I know you get razzed about Jussie a lot here, but it's a microcosm of your entire problem. When Jussie came forward with his outlandish claims, most of us looked at it with extreme skepticism, because the story had huge holes. You looked at it with trust and empathy. You felt too much and thought too little. You need to get away from that.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    So a lady in her mid 70’s who is at my gym 5 days a week faithfully went Friday for her covid vaccine. She hasn’t been back to the gym since. I think there are many unreported issues with the vaccine because it doesn’t fit the media agenda.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Comments

dwai: fucking absolute moron

MumblesBadly: Actually, pretty spot on.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So many people I know who are young/healthy are getting hooked up with shots from local clinics, because of all the extra shots that are going to expire and get thrown out anyways. My wife got both her shots already legitly, as she is a healthcare worker. I am still doing Instacart, so I am not sure if I am eligible or not. If I am not yet, I probably should be soon. But there is no fucking way I am spending hours online trying to get appointments or standing in line, so probably won't happen anytime soon. And my wife has no interest in trying to pull any strings and get me the shots. She says her work is weirdly strict about that and they would rather throw away shots than let employees hook up family/friend.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you catch COVID and fear death, try remembering that a 116-year-old got it in January and survived:

https://apnews.com/article/europe-co...16760297f9f6c0

It's unlikely that anyone will beat her record, because there's only one person on earth who is older than she is.

Comments

splitthis: Guaranteed she is not obese

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    So many people I know who are young/healthy are getting hooked up with shots from local clinics, because of all the extra shots that are going to expire and get thrown out anyways. My wife got both her shots already legitly, as she is a healthcare worker. I am still doing Instacart, so I am not sure if I am eligible or not. If I am not yet, I probably should be soon. But there is no fucking way I am spending hours online trying to get appointments or standing in line, so probably won't happen anytime soon. And my wife has no interest in trying to pull any strings and get me the shots. She says her work is weirdly strict about that and they would rather throw away shots than let employees hook up family/friend.
    How much life insurance does she have on you? Just kidding. I think it's wrong that they would rather throw away doses of vaccine instead of giving them to willing Guinea pigs, Er I mean people. It's bad policy. And it actual delays herd immunity. But, seriously, how much life insurance does he have on you?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm afraid to do the "extra vaccine chasing" thing because I don't know if I will get a second one. I want to do it right, or not at all.

If I knew I'd qualify for a second one once securing the first, I would put in some effort to chase the first -- though I wouldn't stand on hourslong lines or any bullshit like that.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: I agree

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm afraid to do the "extra vaccine chasing" thing because I don't know if I will get a second one. I want to do it right, or not at all.

If I knew I'd qualify for a second one once securing the first, I would put in some effort to chase the first -- though I wouldn't stand on hourslong lines or any bullshit like that.
    Wait a minute. For nearly a year you have been bunkered in your house and won't even order a pizza for fears of being infected, which is absurd. But now there is a vaccine you are questioning the second shot like an anti-vaxer or refusing to wait in a line.

Let's face it, you like the lockdowns in CA. You won't be voting for a Newsome recall for sure.

Comments

OSA: 100% agree.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Wait a minute. For nearly a year you have been bunkered in your house and won't even order a pizza for fears of being infected, which is absurd. But now there is a vaccine you are questioning the second shot like an anti-vaxer or refusing to wait in a line.

Let's face it, you like the lockdowns in CA. You won't be voting for a Newsome recall for sure.
    I interpreted his post as meaning he is concerned he won’t be able to get a 2nd shot and will be stuck on 1 indefinitely, not he is questioning the shot.

Comments

Dan Druff: Correct. I want the vaccine now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Democrats in the Bay Area sciencing so well!!!!

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1359497097767227397

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/10/healt...ess/index.html

Curious if anyone here does/plans to double mask and/or “knot”.

I’m very careful with COVID, haven’t had it, and stay locked down still most of the time. I’m more likely to double mask than knot, but probably won’t do either to be honest.

Half the people don’t even wear their mask right with one. Their nose is hanging out. The equivalent of putting on a pair of pants but having your dick hang over the top. If people would all wear their one mask right, it would be a win.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    RFK Jr banned from Instagram for being an anti-vaxxer.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/10/tech/...ban/index.html

I am not an anti-vaxxer sympathizer. I think they're morons -- and not just about the COVID vaccine.

However, I do not support suppressing their speech. That sets a terrible precedent, as it will prevent people from speaking out against vaccines which actually could be harmful in the future (as some have been in the past). The way to counter false information is to present true information in response. You don't suppress the false information, or otherwise you make it look like you're covering up something.

The whole recent movement of "we're only going to suppress misinformation" is incredibly dangerous to a free society.

BTW, I believe my shingles in 2010 was caused by a bad reaction to the TDaP booster vaccine. Ironically my need for the TDaP booster was anti-vaxxers refusing to vaccinate their kids, which brought back a dead disease (pertussis). However, I found some convincing albeit anecdotal evidence that the TDaP vaccine did carry a shingles risk with it -- something even the anti-vaxxers didn't claim.

Still, I am pro-vaccination, as should anyone with common sense.

I do think there's a reasonable case to be made against the COVID vaccines for the following groups:

- People under 25 may not want to take it at all
    - People under 35 may want to wait longer before taking it, until more is known about its long term effects
    - People wanting to have children (who will mostly be young anyway) may not want to take it right now, as its effects on fertility is unknown

However, for people like me (near 50 with no concern about fertility), it should be obvious to take the vaccine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWallace View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/10/healt...ess/index.html

Curious if anyone here does/plans to double mask and/or “knot”.

I’m very careful with COVID, haven’t had it, and stay locked down still most of the time. I’m more likely to double mask than knot, but probably won’t do either to be honest.

Half the people don’t even wear their mask right with one. Their nose is hanging out. The equivalent of putting on a pair of pants but having your dick hang over the top. If people would all wear their one mask right, it would be a win.
    Zero point zero chance I'm doing this shit.

I have just about no exposure, so I'm really only masking to put people's minds at ease. I know I'm not transmitting.

But one mask is where I draw the line.

Load Metric
    You're a climate change denier, covid conspiracy theory spreader, Trump apologist that has no problem rejecting the findings of experts and just pretending it doesn't exist or replacing it with your own idea that you just came up with in your head. So yeah. And if we could go back to 2015 and describe your future self to your 2015 self - I think you'd agree that you ignore facts and studies - at least on the pandemic stuff.
    I'm not a climate change denier. Not sure where you're getting that one. I don't spread COVID conspiracy theories. I stated that I believe it came from a lab -- something impossible to prove or disprove, but everyone sane admits is a realistic possibility. Note that "came from a lab" doesn't mean "developed in a lab", but simply that the culprit for COVID spreading was a lab.

Which COVID studies have I ignored? The left has been incredibly anti-science with many COVID policies and beliefs, which is why Nate Silver (a Democrat) finally spoke out. In the cases where the right has been anti-science regarding COVID, I have also called it out, on both the forum and radio show.

You claim I "ignore facts and studies", but that sounds like projection to me. For example, you just posted a chart of black COVID vaccination rates as "proof" black people are somehow given a lesser opportunity for vaccination. Yet you didn't even take a moment to ask yourself WHY the black vaccination rates are lower. Did you not realize that perhaps they're simply choosing not to get it?

Seems like all you want to do is post some skewed statistics to prove your woke worldview, pat yourself on the back, and walk away believing you pwned the right.

Load Metric
    Is Biden really trying to get bill from preventing traffic in and out of Florida? Just a rumor?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Is Biden really trying to get bill from preventing traffic in and out of Florida? Just a rumor?

Did you ever hear of a trial balloon? Wait for CNN to start pushing the idea over the next few weeks or months. They are just waiting for the #'s to go up post Super Bowl and Spring Break. It's not a good look for NY and California if Florida's economy is thriving and the #'s are similar of better than California and NY. But, they will have many problems with it. 1) is it Constitutional? 2) How can you have open borders for illegals to come in and yet restrict travel to and from a state?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Glad to know the WHO is on the case, a very reputable organization, which runs completely independently of the CCP. Also, Taiwan doesn't exist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Glad to know the WHO is on the case, a very reputable organization, which runs completely independently of the CCP. Also, Taiwan doesn't exist.
    Name:  Screenshot_20210211-182322_Reddit.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  97.0 KB

Comments

Cerveza Fria:

Thread Information