Page 586 of 947 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,720 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I wonder sometimes if people like Duped ever actually connect the dots. Like, on how, after years of their kind trying to spread the message of systemic racism and that the "man" has it out for blacks and hispanics, they seem to be getting infected and dying from Covid at a higher percentage?????

Why don't they just follow the rules that (WHITE DEVIL) Dr. Fauci tells them on TV. Why not go get vaccinated by the (WHITE DEVIL) doctor?

Your kind has already convinced a young generation of blacks to not trust police, you think they are going to listen to you about doctors?

Keep digging your own grave....you don't care anyway, you can keep blaming it on the "other" white people!

guys a fucking idiot

Comments

TheXFactor: No, you're a fucking idiot, moron, a faggot who eats his own shit...an ASSCLOWN!

splitthis: Offset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

How is it woke language? It's actual policy in a lot of places around the US.

Essential workers -- which is an incredibly broad category -- can get the vaccine right now in most places in California, as well as a lot of the rest of the country.

Even if many are choosing not to get the vaccine (which is what's happening with the black community, which has been long suspicious of vaccinations due to some ugly history), they CAN if they want.

My parents got it, after a LOT of work to secure an appointment. They literally spent hours online every day to get one, due to the intense competition from the huge group eligible for one.

They told me they saw plenty of young and middle-aged people there, showing proof of their grocery store type jobs, and getting vaccinated. These are a lot of the people they were competing with.

Thankfully my parents are sharp and computer literate, but many their age aren't. You think those younger people competing for the same slots might have a bit of an advantage over the olds?

If it were just "woke language", I wouldn't care. If I worked in a grocery store and was 25, I could get the vaccine right now. That's a huge failure in policy, and no other country is doing it this way, to my knowledge.
    I agree they shouldn’t be getting vaccinated if they’re 25. What you’ve been bitching about is the language that stressed racial equity. You’re the one who read the policy put forth by the Trump administration CDC and turned this into a race discussion. Whatever the language, what matters is actual distribution and who is getting it. They aren’t overrepresented.

The shitty logistics along the way is the issue.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 347
Size:  621.7 KB

you just cannot post without mentioning Trump, get help faggot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

How is it woke language? It's actual policy in a lot of places around the US.

Essential workers -- which is an incredibly broad category -- can get the vaccine right now in most places in California, as well as a lot of the rest of the country.

Even if many are choosing not to get the vaccine (which is what's happening with the black community, which has been long suspicious of vaccinations due to some ugly history), they CAN if they want.

My parents got it, after a LOT of work to secure an appointment. They literally spent hours online every day to get one, due to the intense competition from the huge group eligible for one.

They told me they saw plenty of young and middle-aged people there, showing proof of their grocery store type jobs, and getting vaccinated. These are a lot of the people they were competing with.

Thankfully my parents are sharp and computer literate, but many their age aren't. You think those younger people competing for the same slots might have a bit of an advantage over the olds?

If it were just "woke language", I wouldn't care. If I worked in a grocery store and was 25, I could get the vaccine right now. That's a huge failure in policy, and no other country is doing it this way, to my knowledge.
    I agree they shouldn’t be getting vaccinated if they’re 25. What you’ve been bitching about is the language that stressed racial equity. You’re the one who read the policy put forth by the Trump administration CDC and turned this into a race discussion. Whatever the language, what matters is actual distribution and who is getting it. They aren’t overrepresented.

The shitty logistics along the way is the issue.
    But I don't care about the language. I care about the results.

The results were many local governments following the woke guidelines written by woke scientists at the CDC. I don't care if it was under Trump or not. The people who conceived and presented it were verified leftists, and for whatever reason, the Trump appointee did not put a stop to it. I blame that appointee for allowing it to happen, but indeed this plan was conceived by those on the left, and once released, it was only leftists who were defending it.

The actual vaccination rate by race doesn't mean anything, because much of that is due to who is choosing to get it. Since there is longtime black distrust of vaccines, they are seeking it at a lower rate.

But I'm not even making this a racial issue. It bothers me equally if a healthy 25-year-old white grocery worker gets it, or if it's a healthy 25-year-old black grocery worker. Either way it's a total waste of precious vaccines which could go to the elderly.

I'm stating that the actual policy implemented has made it incredibly tough for old people to get vaccinated quickly. There is a HUGE pool of people competing for a small amount of early vaccine, and the result has been disaster. That's my issue. Not language.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Seriously, why is the current discussion about race instead of the general incompetence (mostly at the state level) of governments.

Because around the country black people are dying at a rate almost double white people, and now white people are getting vaccinated at a rate almost four times more than black people.

It's not something you can just ignore. But if you wanted to, choosing not to believe the data would be the way to go.
    What is the rate of preexisting conditions of these black people dying, versus white people dying?

Do you think a healthy young black grocery store worker is in more or less COVID danger than my elderly white parents?

What happened to following the science? Why was Nate Silver calling out this distribution plan as insane and anti-science? Is he a crazy right winger all of a sudden?

Comments

dwai: he'll have to check in with CNN to see how he's supposed to think about this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Seriously, why is the current discussion about race instead of the general incompetence (mostly at the state level) of governments.

Because around the country black people are dying at a rate almost double white people, and now white people are getting vaccinated at a rate almost four times more than black people.

It's not something you can just ignore. But if you wanted to, choosing not to believe the data would be the way to go.
    I'm ignoring the fuck out of it

JUSSIE!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I wonder sometimes if people like Duped ever actually connect the dots. Like, on how, after years of their kind trying to spread the message of systemic racism and that the "man" has it out for blacks and hispanics, they seem to be getting infected and dying from Covid at a higher percentage?????

Why don't they just follow the rules that (WHITE DEVIL) Dr. Fauci tells them on TV. Why not go get vaccinated by the (WHITE DEVIL) doctor?

Your kind has already convinced a young generation of blacks to not trust police, you think they are going to listen to you about doctors?

Keep digging your own grave....you don't care anyway, you can keep blaming it on the "other" white people!
    What say you Duped? Does this make any sense to you or not? Be honest.

Platinum
    Load Metric

What is the rate of preexisting conditions of these black people dying, versus white people dying?

Do you think a healthy young black grocery store worker is in more or less COVID danger than my elderly white parents?

What happened to following the science? Why was Nate Silver calling out this distribution plan as insane and anti-science? Is he a crazy right winger all of a sudden?
    Small sample obviously but of the covid patients on my wife's floor, 100% are under 50 years old, 60% Hispanic, 40% black, 100% obese. Her floor is a step below the ICU.

When does personal responsibility come into play for the young people that are dying? Always trying to blame someone else. Anyone living life with that mentality is setup for failure.

As far as nurses go, Split is about as cold as any I've ever seen but she's been right about this all along. If you're young get in shape and you'll be fine.

Comments

splitthis: Coldness should not be confused with reality.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    It’s hard to know if the poor reaction to COVID for black people is due to poor average health relative to other races or genetics. Either way, they are the ones getting a ton of the Instacart groceries and caring for folks in nursing homes. Not shocking a huge percent are getting it.

So when I hear that only half of nursing home employees (a lot are black) and slightly over 1/3 of black people overall will even take the vaccine, it does blow my mind a little. I guess it’s the long history of being treated like guinea pigs by the government, but still crazy. You still hear the news say things like “xyz state has a black population of 22% and 11% of vaccines are given to black people”, indicating the process is biased against minorities. You can’t help them if they don’t want it.

I can’t help but notice that the order of racial acceptance of the vaccine is:
    1. Asian
    2. White
    3. Latino
    4. Black
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ng-to-get-vacc

And just so happens the average IQ of each race from largest to smallest is in that same order.

Comments

splitthis: Teehee

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The sudden spike in COVID cases, starting in late November, changed my attitude about the vaccine.

For a long time I felt I would prefer to wait a few months after its release to make sure everything was okay with it.

However, after the spike in cases (and the continued high caseload in California), I changed my tune, and decided I would take it ASAP. Unfortunately, "ASAP" for me will probably be a long time, as I'm simply not in any kind of priority group to get it.

But if I could take it tomorrow, I would.

Load Metric
    Cecily Tyson just died in her 90s. She has always been thin. The current black culture exalts morbidly obese women as sexually desirable.

The diet of choice for many black Americans is full of fatty fried foods.

Until their culture changes, they will continue to have higher morbidity and mortality rates.

Happy Black History Month, like we haven’t had enough of that shit shoved down our throats. Make it STOP!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  850ba23.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  unknown.png
Views: 317
Size:  484.0 KB

Name:  d72b046.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  155.4 KB

Comments

Dan Druff: lol last pic is so true

splitthis:

mickeycrimm:

Load Metric
    The sudden spike in COVID cases, starting in late November, changed my attitude about the vaccine.

For a long time I felt I would prefer to wait a few months after its release to make sure everything was okay with it.

However, after the spike in cases (and the continued high caseload in California), I changed my tune, and decided I would take it ASAP. Unfortunately, "ASAP" for me will probably be a long time, as I'm simply not in any kind of priority group to get it.

Ethical Question: If someone offered you an opportunity to get a Vaccine TODAY, by falsely claiming you are associated with a Senior Center would you do it?

This was "off the record" offered to me last week. I passed. I have to admit that I did think about it for all of five seconds. But, I had to pass. I am reasonably healthy and am not in a high risk group. I have multiple professional licenses and small businesses that all could be negatively affected by such actions coming to light. I also know that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, because when I put my name on something, it's correct. But, yet it was tempting nonetheless. I know that I am realistically looking at June or July before I can get a Vaccine.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    All I know is women are getting vaccinated at a much higher rate than men. Those bitches are up to something. How can this be possible?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Ethical Question: If someone offered you an opportunity to get a Vaccine TODAY, by falsely claiming you are associated with a Senior Center would you do it?

This was "off the record" offered to me last week. I passed. I have to admit that I did think about it for all of five seconds. But, I had to pass. I am reasonably healthy and am not in a high risk group. I have multiple professional licenses and small businesses that all could be negatively affected by such actions coming to light. I also know that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, because when I put my name on something, it's correct. But, yet it was tempting nonetheless. I know that I am realistically looking at June or July before I can get a Vaccine.
    Nah, I couldn't take it away from a senior.

However, if I had to falsely claim something in order to get a vaccine which was going to otherwise be thrown away, I'd do it.

The better ethical question:

Your friend works at a place administering the vaccine and says, "We have one vaccine left and one guy just walked in the door. We are closing in 30 seconds, and there's no one else around. He gave his info as a 21-year-old grocery store worker, with zero preexisting conditions. He does qualify for it, due to the essential worker thing, but I can lie to him and tell him we're out, and I can give it to you."

You ask, "But won't this guy just come back tomorrow and take it away from some senior?"

"No," your friend replies. "He said he doesn't really care much about the vaccine because of his age, and only stopped by on a whim. He said he won't bother coming down again if he doesn't get it today."

Do you take your friend up on their offer?

Assume you are a mostly healthy 50-year-old for purposes of this exercise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Nah, I couldn't take it away from a senior.

However, if I had to falsely claim something in order to get a vaccine which was going to otherwise be thrown away, I'd do it.

The better ethical question:

Your friend works at a place administering the vaccine and says, "We have one vaccine left and one guy just walked in the door. We are closing in 30 seconds, and there's no one else around. He gave his info as a 21-year-old grocery store worker, with zero preexisting conditions. He does qualify for it, due to the essential worker thing, but I can lie to him and tell him we're out, and I can give it to you."

You ask, "But won't this guy just come back tomorrow and take it away from some senior?"

"No," your friend replies. "He said he doesn't really care much about the vaccine because of his age, and only stopped by on a whim. He said he won't bother coming down again if he doesn't get it today."

Do you take your friend up on their offer?

Assume you are a mostly healthy 50-year-old for purposes of this exercise.
    No, couldn't do it. He's there. Let him have it. If he's genuinely an "essential worker", let him have it.

On a different note, I recently read a story, I think in the Wall St. Journal, about a 25 year old woman that went Vaccine hunting. She would show up at various Pharmacies and ask if they had any extra vaccines. She struck out numerous times, but got lucky because they had vaccine and nobody to give it to. They would have thrown her does in the trash had she not taken it. To me, this is kosher, because the vaccine was going to be trashed and by her getting the vaccine, she is potentially helping achieve herd immunity and thereby theoretically protecting others. And she didn't have to lie. And, like food, it's a shame to throw out unspoiled vaccine.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    My aunt and uncle live in FL and had to wait 4 hours in the car so they could get the 1st shot.

So my mom has been trying to get it in NY and no luck. Any tips? Not gonna make her wait hours outside in the cold for it though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    My aunt and uncle live in FL and had to wait 4 hours in the car so they could get the 1st shot.

So my mom has been trying to get it in NY and no luck. Any tips? Not gonna make her wait hours outside in the cold for it though.
    be a person of color

Comments

OSA: rather get corona

splitthis: That’s racist lol

Load Metric
    Meanwhile back in Ohio, Walgreens administered a bunch of vaccines thawed too soon. Oops, they are telling those people they need another. Lolz. They were another part of the experiment.....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    How many times per day do you feel guilty about your white privilege? You really bend over backward on this site to assert that America is systemically racist.
    You bend over backwards a hell of a lot more to stop scammers. How guilty do you feel when someone else gets scammed?

What would you say to someone that accused you of virtue signaling or doing it only out of guilt?

I honestly believe it takes quite a bit of ignorance to think that systemic racism in America is a myth. I don't think it means you hate minorities are are bad person. I just think whatever echo chamber you're stuck in has blinded you from the reality that is American history - slavery just isn't far enough behind us yet and it won't be in our life time. Think about the fact that when you were born there were still living Americans who were born slaves with hundreds of years of slavery before them. When do you think systemic racism disappeared?

You accuse me of ignoring facts and studies.
    You're a climate change denier, covid conspiracy theory spreader, Trump apologist that has no problem rejecting the findings of experts and just pretending it doesn't exist or replacing it with your own idea that you just came up with in your head. So yeah. And if we could go back to 2015 and describe your future self to your 2015 self - I think you'd agree that you ignore facts and studies - at least on the pandemic stuff.

I'm not your google assistant, feel free to do your own research.

I agree with Nate Silver. And it seems like this whole race based distribution plan isn't happening. I'm fine with putting extra funding into making the vaccine easier to access and understand in low income areas, but not skipping the line as far as actually receiving it.

I could be wrong about it not happening, if I am please just link something credible.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Ethered

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not your google assistant, feel free to do your own research.

I agree with Nate Silver. And it seems like this whole race based distribution plan isn't happening. I'm fine with putting extra funding into making the vaccine easier to access and understand in low income areas, but not skipping the line as far as actually receiving it.

I could be wrong about it not happening, if I am please just link something credible.
    Okay, here's something credible. The city of Long Beach, CA, which I just picked at random:

http://www.longbeach.gov/health/dise...navirus/vaxlb/

PHASE 1B, TIER 1
    65+ - Currently Eligible
    Emergency Services - Currently Eligible
    Education and Childcare
    Food and Agriculture - Currently Eligible
    Focus on "Food and Agriculture", which CAN get the vaccine. This is defined as:

Food service workers
    Grocery store workers
    Restaurant and bar workers (must serve food)
    Mobile food vendors

There you go. Grocery store workers of ANY AGE can get the vaccine right now, and are in the same priority group as the very elderly. That's why there is tremendous competition for vaccine slots -- too many people who are eligible and competing with seniors, not enough vaccines to distribute.

While race isn't mentioned, the entire policy of giving it to "essential workers" (like grocery store workers) was meant to give a leg up to minorities, who tend to be overrepresented in such jobs compared to whites. The CDC admitted this in their recommendations.

So will you concede this is stupid and anti-science?

Thread Information