Page 585 of 947 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 11,681 to 11,700 of 18923

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

It's kind of pointless to discuss anything related to science with you since you literally just make stuff up (like claiming the WHO said it was a serious possibility the virus was made in a lab), ignore peer reviewed studies, and make strawman arguments to pivot whenever you realize how obvious it is you're wrong.

But I have good news, you don't need to worry about the Democrats letting the blacks get too many vaccines. Each state decides how the vaccines are distributed and as of last week White people have been getting vaccinated at a way higher rate than blacks.

Here's a chart you might actually enjoy seeing.
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Perhaps the reason white people are a higher percentage is because they are a larger percentage of the older population and of health care workers, who had priority. Perhaps it’s because rich white people people are on the top of the food chain in America. Who knows at this point? I’m 57 and would get it today if I could.
    No no, systemic racism is always the only possible explanation for such things.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 02-01-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Load Metric
    I actually agree we shouldn't be be prioritizing any race when it comes to who's eligible to get the vaccine. Healthcare workers, old people, and people at high risk due to other health conditions should obviously go first regardless of race. But I could be wrong. Too bad we can't run a bunch of legit sims.

Pretty sure that's what's happening though and Druff is still triggered (and obviously some others are as well), just like any time someone brings up the issue of racism, from a few weeks ago when it was being discussed. The CDC guidelines say nothing about race. Each state makes their own decisions. In NJ literally anyone could go get the vaccine right now if they wanted as long as they were willing to check the box for obesity or smoking (they don't verify in any way, you stay in your car). But somehow Druff got to Democrats letting people die so they can push the myth of racism.

I do think we should also be putting extra resources into convincing/making it easier for more black people to get the vaccine.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I actually agree we shouldn't be be prioritizing any race when it comes to who's eligible to get the vaccine. Healthcare workers, old people, and people at high risk due to other health conditions should obviously go first regardless of race. But I could be wrong. Too bad we can't run a bunch of legit sims.

Pretty sure that's what's happening though and Druff is still triggered (and obviously some others are as well), just like any time someone brings up the issue of racism, from a few weeks ago when it was being discussed. The CDC guidelines say nothing about race. Each state makes their own decisions. In NJ literally anyone could go get the vaccine right now if they wanted as long as they were willing to check the box for obesity or smoking (they don't verify in any way, you stay in your car). But somehow Druff got to Democrats letting people die so they can push the myth of racism.

I do think we should also be putting extra resources into convincing/making it easier for more black people to get the vaccine.
    Bringing up race over and over in every situation keeps people divided (which maybe is the point). Crying wolf when there's no there there negatively impacts the overall response when racism should be the discussion. Seriously, why is the current discussion about race instead of the general incompetence (mostly at the state level) of governments.

Comments

v12cl:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Bringing up race over and over in every situation keeps people divided (which maybe is the point). Crying wolf when there's no there there negatively impacts the overall response when racism should be the discussion. Seriously, why is the current discussion about race instead of the general incompetence (mostly at the state level) of governments.
    Let’s just be honest. When do black people and minorities ever get over on the system when it’s something everyone wants? Almost never.

The language in the original was one of two things, they knew poor people were going to be assuming they’d get screwed and they threw them some language. Or they knew black people and Mexicans would be hesitant to get vaccine and they were trying to give them language that made them think they weren’t getting skipped over and to spur them to get it if offered rather than let a bunch of rich white people Jump the line,

In the end, the white people with connections, people with cars and money who have the ability to travel if they were really wanting it now, and people with family doctors who want to keep their clients-hence not Medicaid and poor people, but patients with great insurance, were always going to get it first and the numbers have shown that. Any “woke language” in statements weren’t worth the paper it was written on.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Let’s just be honest. When do black people and minorities ever get over on the system when it’s something everyone wants? Almost never.

The language in the original was one of two things, they knew poor people were going to be assuming they’d get screwed and they threw them some language. Or they knew black people and Mexicans would be hesitant to get vaccine and they were trying to give them language that made them think they weren’t getting skipped over and to spur them to get it if offered rather than let a bunch of rich white people Jump the line,

In the end, the white people with connections, people with cars and money who have the ability to travel if they were really wanting it now, and people with family doctors who want to keep their clients-hence not Medicaid and poor people, but patients with great insurance, were always going to get it first and the numbers have shown that. Any “woke language” in statements weren’t worth the paper it was written on.
    "White people with connections" getting the vaccine early? I mean, I'm not denying these scumbags exist but do you really think there's a number of them that's statistically relevant when we're talking about 23M Americans that have currently received the vaccine? You don't think there's also rich black people with connections that have cut in line? Why did you reference "white people with connections" instead of just "people with connections"? You're bringing race into something that is really a socioeconomic issue regarding rich, entitled douchebags.

"People with cars and money", most places have public transportation systems that are basically free, if you're poor there's endless programs to help you out. At some point people have to start taking personal responsibility and practice adulting. Stories I'm hearing where I live are people of all colors waiting 8-10 hours in line to get the shots. That's tough for anyone over the age of 65, race isn't a factor. Governments need to come up with better distribution processes to help all people. Bringing race into it is divisive and counterproductive, feels like pandering.

Reality is, the first people to get vaccinated are frontline healthcare workers and people over the age of 65. I'm willing to bet these people are disproportionately white in America. Add that to the black communities general lack of trust in the government which results in high anti-vax communities and leads to the overall disparity.

Load Metric

"White people with connections" getting the vaccine early? I mean, I'm not denying these scumbags exist but do you really think there's a number of them that's statistically relevant when we're talking about 23M Americans that have currently received the vaccine? You don't think there's also rich black people with connections that have cut in line? Why did you reference "white people with connections" instead of just "people with connections"? You're bringing race into something that is really a socioeconomic issue regarding rich, entitled douchebags.

"People with cars and money", most places have public transportation systems that are basically free, if you're poor there's endless programs to help you out. At some point people have to start taking personal responsibility and practice adulting. Stories I'm hearing where I live are people of all colors waiting 8-10 hours in line to get the shots. That's tough for anyone over the age of 65, race isn't a factor. Governments need to come up with better distribution processes to help all people. Bringing race into it is divisive and counterproductive, feels like pandering.

Reality is, the first people to get vaccinated are frontline healthcare workers and people over the age of 65. I'm willing to bet these people are disproportionately white in America. Add that to the black communities general lack of trust in the government which results in high anti-vax communities and leads to the overall disparity.

I think there is a lot of people in proximity to high paying corporations where you might get vaccinated just because of that proximity.

Like sloppy joe got vaccinated not because he worked system or took one away from someone, but his wife is in health care and he was there.

If that had happened to you with a wife in that business, it wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve known a few similar stories in my circle. A cops wife who got it because there were extras. My pharmacists husband got it because his wife worked there and called him when there were extras. Her parents did also despite being just below threshold. I asked her to call me if it pops up again and I’d come and bring my dad. She went to school with me. I’m sure she’s going to get everyone that’s related to her first and closer friends. I said if it’s going in garbage, not before an older person. This is happening everywhere.

I’m also reading about vaccine hunters who wait outside pharmacies. That’s a privileged person in most cases with time to stand around. Mexicans are trimming your trees. There are tons of doses being tossed. It’s not white people trying to fuck anyone in most cases, they’re just far more likely to be positioned to be the beneficiary Of that.
    Last edited by BCR; 02-01-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric

I think there is a lot of people in proximity to high paying corporations where you might get vaccinated just because of that proximity.

Like sloppy joe got vaccinated not because he worked system or took one away from someone, but his wife is in health care and he was there.

If that had happened to you with a wife in that business, it wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve known a few similar stories in my circle. A cops wife who got it because there were extras. My pharmacists husband got it because his wife worked there and called him when there were extras. Her parents did also despite being just below threshold. I asked her to call me if it pops up again and I’d come and bring my dad. She went to school with me. I’m sure she’s going to get everyone that’s related to her first and closer friends. I said if it’s going in garbage, not before an older person. This is happening everywhere.

I’m also reading about vaccine hunters who wait outside pharmacies. That’s a privileged person in most cases with time to stand around. Mexicans are trimming your trees. There are tons of doses being tossed. It’s not white people trying to fuck anyone in most cases, they’re just far more likely to be positioned to be the beneficiary Of that.
    An Asian pharmacist would be calling her Asian friends and family, and an Indian pharmacist the same. It's class, not race.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

An Asian pharmacist would be calling her Asian friends and family, and an Indian pharmacist the same. It's class, not race.
    Of course it’s class and education and job niche. Asians are probably more vaccinated than anyone given their proclivity for working in science.

The “woke language” isn’t talking about Asians. Something based on socioeconomics are also related to race. That’s just common sense. If you get triggered by such language, you’re someone worried blacks and Mexicans are going to get it before your parents, not some Asian doctor. Not one person triggered by that is picturing some Asian in their mind.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Of course it’s class and education and job niche. Asians are probably more vaccinated than anyone given their proclivity for working in science.

The “woke language” isn’t talking about Asians. Something based on socioeconomics are also related to race. That’s just common sense. If you get triggered by such language, you’re someone worried blacks and Mexicans are going to get it before your parents, not some Asian doctor. Not one person triggered by that is picturing some Asian in their mind.

are you suggesting Druff is triggered?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If the Democrats are following the science so much, why are there so many moderate Democrats like Nate Silver (and plenty of others) speaking out against them, stating that they are NOT actually following it?

You realize that the US is the only country in the world which is distributing the vaccine based upon "racial equity", rather than what will save the most lives?

SCIENCE!!!
    You keep repeating this and I keep telling you the black and Mexican people got some “woke language”, but what they didn’t get was the vaccine. They are at minuscule percentages of vaccinations done.
    How is it woke language? It's actual policy in a lot of places around the US.

Essential workers -- which is an incredibly broad category -- can get the vaccine right now in most places in California, as well as a lot of the rest of the country.

Even if many are choosing not to get the vaccine (which is what's happening with the black community, which has been long suspicious of vaccinations due to some ugly history), they CAN if they want.

My parents got it, after a LOT of work to secure an appointment. They literally spent hours online every day to get one, due to the intense competition from the huge group eligible for one.

They told me they saw plenty of young and middle-aged people there, showing proof of their grocery store type jobs, and getting vaccinated. These are a lot of the people they were competing with.

Thankfully my parents are sharp and computer literate, but many their age aren't. You think those younger people competing for the same slots might have a bit of an advantage over the olds?

If it were just "woke language", I wouldn't care. If I worked in a grocery store and was 25, I could get the vaccine right now. That's a huge failure in policy, and no other country is doing it this way, to my knowledge.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If the Democrats are following the science so much, why are there so many moderate Democrats like Nate Silver (and plenty of others) speaking out against them, stating that they are NOT actually following it?

You realize that the US is the only country in the world which is distributing the vaccine based upon "racial equity", rather than what will save the most lives?

SCIENCE!!!
    It's kind of pointless to discuss anything related to science with you since you literally just make stuff up (like claiming the WHO said it was a serious possibility the virus was made in a lab), ignore peer reviewed studies, and make strawman arguments to pivot whenever you realize how obvious it is you're wrong.

But I have good news, you don't need to worry about the Democrats letting the blacks get too many vaccines. Each state decides how the vaccines are distributed and as of last week White people have been getting vaccinated at a way higher rate than blacks.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

How many times per day do you feel guilty about your white privilege? You really bend over backward on this site to assert that America is systemically racist.

You accuse me of ignoring facts and studies.

No. The FACTS are that young, healthy people with so-called "essential jobs" can get the vaccine RIGHT NOW in many places around the country, including where I live.

The FACTS are that old people -- including very old and very vulnerable ones -- are competing with these SAME people for the vaccine.

The FACTS are that it takes hours and hours of diligent reloading of appointment webpages to get vaccine appointments in most places, and even then it's tough. Who do you think is better at that? Young people who grew up around the internet, or old people who may not even have a computer?

That FACTS are that the US is the only country doing it this way. Everywhere else isn't injecting race into a scientific matter, as race doesn't belong here. We are doing it this idiotic, anti-scientific way because of your fellow Democrats.

But yeah, keep posting dumb charts about how many black people are choosing to get vaccinated, because that's really relevant.

Load Metric
    duped_by_smollett is a huge faggot tbh, right up there with JimmyG_415, both pretty awful, both believed jussie, both love COLON kaepernick

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    duped_by_smollett is a huge idiotic tbh, right up there with JimmyG_415, both pretty awful, both believed jussie, both love COLON kaepernick
    Hey, leave colons out of this

Comments

dwai: lol

Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    per statista.com there ratio is 1 to 5 of african american to white american in the usa population

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ty-since-2000/

i am confused over the denominators in you chart...is it total of all population or total of african/white americans?
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 02-01-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Lol at fighting over that shitty vaccine.

Comments

dwai:
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Seriously, why is the current discussion about race instead of the general incompetence (mostly at the state level) of governments.

Because around the country black people are dying at a rate almost double white people, and now white people are getting vaccinated at a rate almost four times more than black people.

It's not something you can just ignore. But if you wanted to, choosing not to believe the data would be the way to go.

Load Metric
    Seriously, why is the current discussion about race instead of the general incompetence (mostly at the state level) of governments.

Because around the country black people are dying at a rate almost double white people, and now white people are getting vaccinated at a rate almost four times more than black people.

It's not something you can just ignore. But if you wanted to, choosing not to believe the data would be the way to go.
    So the virus is racist?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

So the virus is racist?
    I found a good link for you to explain what viruses are: https://kids.britannica.com/kids/article/virus/390098

Load Metric
    I wonder sometimes if people like Duped ever actually connect the dots. Like, on how, after years of their kind trying to spread the message of systemic racism and that the "man" has it out for blacks and hispanics, they seem to be getting infected and dying from Covid at a higher percentage?????

Why don't they just follow the rules that (WHITE DEVIL) Dr. Fauci tells them on TV. Why not go get vaccinated by the (WHITE DEVIL) doctor?

Your kind has already convinced a young generation of blacks to not trust police, you think they are going to listen to you about doctors?

Keep digging your own grave....you don't care anyway, you can keep blaming it on the "other" white people!

Comments

dwai:

splitthis: Spot on

Load Metric

You keep repeating this and I keep telling you the black and Mexican people got some “woke language”, but what they didn’t get was the vaccine. They are at minuscule percentages of vaccinations done.
    How is it woke language? It's actual policy in a lot of places around the US.

Essential workers -- which is an incredibly broad category -- can get the vaccine right now in most places in California, as well as a lot of the rest of the country.

Even if many are choosing not to get the vaccine (which is what's happening with the black community, which has been long suspicious of vaccinations due to some ugly history), they CAN if they want.

My parents got it, after a LOT of work to secure an appointment. They literally spent hours online every day to get one, due to the intense competition from the huge group eligible for one.

They told me they saw plenty of young and middle-aged people there, showing proof of their grocery store type jobs, and getting vaccinated. These are a lot of the people they were competing with.

Thankfully my parents are sharp and computer literate, but many their age aren't. You think those younger people competing for the same slots might have a bit of an advantage over the olds?

If it were just "woke language", I wouldn't care. If I worked in a grocery store and was 25, I could get the vaccine right now. That's a huge failure in policy, and no other country is doing it this way, to my knowledge.
    I agree they shouldn’t be getting vaccinated if they’re 25. What you’ve been bitching about is the language that stressed racial equity. You’re the one who read the policy put forth by the Trump administration CDC and turned this into a race discussion. Whatever the language, what matters is actual distribution and who is getting it. They aren’t overrepresented.

The shitty logistics along the way is the issue.

Thread Information