Page 558 of 947 FirstFirst ... 58458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,160 of 18930

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Yea these are their groupings...

August ACIP meeting
    Phase 1a:
    -Healthcare Personnel
    Phase 1b:
    -Essential Workers
    -High-Risk Med Conditions
    -Adults ≥ 65 years old

...these are examples of +65 group...

Community Dwelling
    Congregate ~3M4
    -Skilled Nursing
    Facility (~1.3 M)
    -Assisted living
    Facilities (~0.8 M)
    -Residential care
    communities (~0.6 M)
    -HUD Senior
    Housing (~0.3M)

...it appears they did not remove anyone from the +65 group and phase 1a at the time of the model only had health personnel in it. After modelling they added the single highest risk group to phase 1a. That was about 3million people from the +65 group and that was enough to cut down the fatality rate of the remainder in half.

In case you're wondering why nursing homes have such high fatality rate. Exponential growth.

As a freebie, police and firemen are in the essential workers group. I'm all for fuck the police and ACAB all that, but maybe we save more lives by having them around.
    Anyway, this is a stupid debate.
    So are the nursing home residents in the +65 group in the model or not?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How could you have read this forum for this many years and not know I have a 10-year-old son?

Exponential growth cannot happen when there's a cap on the total number -- in this case the size of the population. With 20% or so infected already, the worst possible growth at this point is a factor of 5. That's not considered exponential.

Sure, if there were to be a mutation so severe that it could reinfect those who already had it, we could have exponential growth again. However, that hasn't happened (aside from some super-rare cases), nor would the current vaccine distribution plan thwart it.

It has not even been determined whether or not the vaccine prevents spread -- only that it holds back symptoms.

You're trying to argue "what-ifs" which have no scientific basis, and which have nothing to do with the vaccine distribution plan anyway.

Even the idiot leftists at the CDC don't claim that their distribution plan is likely to stop the spread or stop "exponential growth", but somehow gimmick of Poker Fraud Alert is sure that's the reason for it.
    Oh dear that's not how exponential growth works.

Very simple explanation from wiki...

"Exponential growth is a specific way that a quantity may increase over time. It occurs when the instantaneous rate of change (that is, the derivative) of a quantity with respect to time is proportional to the quantity itself."

...it's just the variation of 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 and so on with a simple 2x multiplier...linear would be variation of 2,4,6,8

That's how exponential growth works from a public health standpoint.

When they talk of exponential growth with disease, it's the introduction of a contagious disease into a population where it didn't previously exist, and the dangers of it exploding into that population if the few infected people aren't quarantined.

They are not talking about its spread within small subgroups, once it's already well established within the entire population.

Sanlmar cited Typhoid Mary, in his typical contrarian fashion. We are way past Typhoid Mary when it comes to COVID.

If you are having a hard time understanding this, look at a COVID spread chart in the US. You won't see exponential growth after the very early stages. You see linear growth, linear regression, and linear growth again.

The way you and others here are describing "exponential growth" of COVID in December 2020 isn't ever used in public health discussions, because that's not how the concept works.

And again, this is a stupid discussion, because the CDC has already conceded that their "vaccinate essential workers" was more for racial justice than anything else.

Additionally, the vaccine is not even said to stop the spread, only to stop the symptoms, so your entire point is bunk anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Anyway, this is a stupid debate.
    Are you okay with 3.25% more COVID deaths in January 2021 in order to push woke leftist politics, or not?

Load Metric

I'm sure you have link for this first-come, first served guideline and practice.

How to administer 1000 doses. Look for overlap between 2 groups. Look for overlap with pre-existing conditions. Take care of police and firemen. Take care of everyone in close contact with elderly and otherwise susceptible in daily capacity. And if you have any doses left, vaccinate the research party that's looking for that 95 year old with pre-existing conditions that just can't find the hospital.
    Why take care of police and firemen? Most of them are young and healthy, with a large portion of them under 40 years old. There hasn't been any talk of police and fire departments breaking down because of COVID.

You are rewriting the study because you don't want to admit that idiotic woke leftists are willingly letting old people die so they can seek some sort of racial healthcare justice retribution.

You are also assuming that all hospitals will do a great job with fair distribution of the vaccine.
    Why leave these decisions in the hands of a few administrators at each distribution facility? Shouldn't the government be leading with good, concrete policy which isn't subject to bias or different interpretations?

I'm not asking you for a "workable" plan. I'm not asking you to play hospital administrator. I'm asking about the CDC guidelines as stated, which list a whole group of essential workers (many of whom, such as teachers, don't come in contact with the elderly) competing for the vaccine with the elderly.

Is that a good or bad idea?
    Because police and firemen save lives.

No i'm not rewriting the study or in your case the presentation meant for toddlers that you keep referring to. I did this thing where i read it and then i comprehended what i had read.

I assume a good amount of hospitals will do a pisspoor job at it.

You don't live in China. That's just how your system works. CDC doesn't make guidelines for totalitarian communist regimes. I'm not really sure if China would let you migrate permanently, but it doesn't hurt to try.

And sure CDC could have given a more detailed and optimized version based on more extensive modeling. Once they'd started rolling out vaccines in 2022 it would have been perfect.

The reason why there is no choice between the elderly and essential workers is because the modeling they made churned out a result that favored a mix of both groups.

Load Metric

Are you okay with 3.25% more COVID deaths in January 2021 in order to push woke leftist politics, or not?

You made 3 posts saying they are not. I made 3 posts saying they are. Do i have to propose a retarded bet?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You made 3 posts saying they are not. I made 3 posts saying they are. Do i have to propose a retarded bet?
    I'll answer this when you tell me if it's okay for 3.25% more seniors to die in January so we can feel woke.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Why take care of police and firemen? Most of them are young and healthy, with a large portion of them under 40 years old. There hasn't been any talk of police and fire departments breaking down because of COVID.

You are rewriting the study because you don't want to admit that idiotic woke leftists are willingly letting old people die so they can seek some sort of racial healthcare justice retribution.

You are also assuming that all hospitals will do a great job with fair distribution of the vaccine.
    Why leave these decisions in the hands of a few administrators at each distribution facility? Shouldn't the government be leading with good, concrete policy which isn't subject to bias or different interpretations?

I'm not asking you for a "workable" plan. I'm not asking you to play hospital administrator. I'm asking about the CDC guidelines as stated, which list a whole group of essential workers (many of whom, such as teachers, don't come in contact with the elderly) competing for the vaccine with the elderly.

Is that a good or bad idea?
    Because police and firemen save lives.

No i'm not rewriting the study or in your case the presentation meant for toddlers that you keep referring to. I did this thing where i read it and then i comprehended what i had read.

I assume a good amount of hospitals will do a pisspoor job at it.

You don't live in China. That's just how your system works. CDC doesn't make guidelines for totalitarian communist regimes. I'm not really sure if China would let you migrate permanently, but it doesn't hurt to try.

And sure CDC could have given a more detailed and optimized version based on more extensive modeling. Once they'd started rolling out vaccines in 2022 it would have been perfect.

The reason why there is no choice between the elderly and essential workers is because the modeling they made churned out a result that favored a mix of both groups.
    "Police and firemen save lives".

WTF does that mean? Police and fire departments haven't been devastated by COVID because most of their public-facing employees are young and healthy, and thus we haven't had a problem.

Police and fire departments HAVE been harmed by the left wing riots of 2020, however. So I'm glad to see that you're suddenly pro-police and pro-fire-department, and thus you finally agree with me that the left greatly harmed these life-saving services this year. Great to see!

Since you conceded that a lot of hospitals will "do a pisspoor job" at proper vaccine distribution, you're pretty much validating my statement that the CDC should have led with proper guidelines, instead of leaving woke administrators to play SJW politics with elderly people's lives.

The CDC only issues guidelines, but they should be scientifically correct guidelines, not woke guidelines. "Racial justice" should not even be a consideration at an organization like the CDC.

The guidelines should have been the ones which would maximize lives saved, with no other consideration.

Why do you have such a hard time understanding this?

Load Metric

Oh dear that's not how exponential growth works.

Very simple explanation from wiki...

"Exponential growth is a specific way that a quantity may increase over time. It occurs when the instantaneous rate of change (that is, the derivative) of a quantity with respect to time is proportional to the quantity itself."

...it's just the variation of 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 and so on with a simple 2x multiplier...linear would be variation of 2,4,6,8
    Additionally, the vaccine is not even said to stop the spread, only to stop the symptoms, so your entire point is bunk anyway.
    The vaccine functions the same way the immune system of people that have had the virus works. And i think your point was that because 20% of population has had it's impossible to see exponential growth. Apparently 20% doesn't do anything to the spread then.

My only point was about exponential growth. It's used the same way in every context. I don't really care that most people think it means some variation of fast and big.

Viruses in general never behave in a linear fashion. At times they have low enough reproduction rate that the graph looks "linear".

Load Metric

I'll answer this when you tell me if it's okay for 3.25% more seniors to die in January so we can feel woke.
    Sure i don't care. It's swell. I don't think 3.25% more seniors will die because of the guidelines though. And you'd be surprised how little impact my thoughts have on the death rate of your seniors.

ps. the bolded part is the answer. to clarify i'm perfectly fine with + 3.25% dying for the sake of wokeness. if less than + 3.25 die, i will kill them myself

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The vaccine functions the same way the immune system of people that have had the virus works. And i think your point was that because 20% of population has had it's impossible to see exponential growth. Apparently 20% doesn't do anything to the spread then.

They haven't determined this yet.

In short, there hasn't been an answer yet if the vaccine is a symptom reducer or an infection blocker: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/ce...nsmission.html

It is generally believed that COVID is so dangerous because of the way the body reacts to it, not because of the virus itself. If the vaccine is simply helping the body learn to react to it properly, that's not stopping transmission. If the vaccine is actually helping the body fight the infection before it progresses into a transmissible state, then it is stopping transmission.

It is not necessarily a given that the vaccinated human body handles COVID the same way as a previously infected body would.

At this time, it's believed that either one is a realistic possibility.

Load Metric

In short, there hasn't been an answer yet if the vaccine is a symptom reducer or an infection blocker: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/ce...nsmission.html

It is generally believed that COVID is so dangerous because of the way the body reacts to it, not because of the virus itself. If the vaccine is simply helping the body learn to react to it properly, that's not stopping transmission. If the vaccine is actually helping the body fight the infection before it progresses into a transmissible state, then it is stopping transmission.

It is not necessarily a given that the vaccinated human body handles COVID the same way as a previously infected body would.

Yea i know that. Now that you've written it you might accept it's true in some context for the next 2 weeks.

So you're saying it's realistic that when a vaccine has an impact on spread this conclusion would be true...

Initially vaccinating age ≥65 in Phase
    1b averts approximately 0.5–2% more
    deaths, compared to targeting highrisk adults or essential workers
    – As before, this difference is
    greatest in the scenario where
    the vaccine is introduced before
    incidence peaks

and

Initially vaccinating high-risk adults or
    essential workers in Phase 1b averts
    approximately 1–3% more infections,
    compared to targeting age ≥65
    – This difference is greatest in the
    scenario where the vaccine is
    introduced before incidence
    peaks

...from only sources of science Druff accepts today. Meaning not prioritizing +65, removing nursing homes and adjusting to incidence rate we get about 0.5% more dead elders. And about 1,5% less infections.

Load Metric
    Oh and if all you want is saving lives from very specific causes then all sorts of stupid shit is true.

Say if you had to choose between two groups, you focus on gun violence and bulletproof vests as a method of saving lives. The 2 groups you can choose from are police officers and gang members. Should public policy revolve around the fatality rate of the group when making the decision? If you said yes, then i too think that gang members should be given bullet proof vests. It's just science and we have the data to support that.

Comments

Dan Druff: this one too dumb to even bother answering

Load Metric
    New York first responder vaccination schedule...

https://abc7ny.com/health/fdny-emts-...ccine/9000198/

"starting December 29th, are firefighters and NYPD officers"

...just to remind that cashiers aren't the only ones that are referred as essential workers.

Anyone up for retarded bets if covid has killed more cops and firefighters than riots this year?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

22K died of flu in 2019, 61K in 2018, 34K in 2017 so it has a high variance. Flu season doesn't run the whole year, just six months. The 3K covid deaths per day is a phony stat. Die in a car wreck but test positive for covid and it's a covid death.
    We agree on the CDC estimates for flu deaths per year. Confirmed flu deaths per year are considerably lower.

Who told you that car wreck nonsense?
    Who told you that covid death numbers weren't being padded? And I'm better at math than you are so yes I know how to average.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Averages 10,000 flu deaths per month. Check your math grandpa, you're WRONG by a HUGE factor..
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-23-2020 at 06:36 AM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

We agree on the CDC estimates for flu deaths per year. Confirmed flu deaths per year are considerably lower.

Who told you that car wreck nonsense?
    Please stop quoting this RETARD, thank you

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Typical lefty pussies. This adamantium piece of shit is racist scum, posts racist bullshit, along with hurling massive insults at those who aren't socialist bags of shit like him, but can't take it when someone dishes it back to him. The rest of you libtard bastards are the same. You hurl insults left and right, mock and ridicule, make fun of, and overall belittle those that aren't lefties. But when it blows back you go nuts. You're all taken aback. The nerve of someone to insult you back.

FRUITLOOP CANDY ASSES

Comments

Salty_Aus: There are some serious retards on this site. You're top 3 without doubt.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yea i know that. Now that you've written it you might accept it's true in some context for the next 2 weeks.

So you're saying it's realistic that when a vaccine has an impact on spread this conclusion would be true...

incidence peaks

and

peaks

...from only sources of science Druff accepts today. Meaning not prioritizing +65, removing nursing homes and adjusting to incidence rate we get about 0.5% more dead elders. And about 1,5% less infections.
    Fuzzy math from our friend here in Finland. "Adjusting to incidence rate" doesn't automatically go to 0.5% just because the vaccine is being introduced right now. We're not even at the peak yet, in all likelihood. Without the introduction of the vaccine, peak would probably hit in late January.

Also, notice that this study is "vaccinating old people" versus "vaccinating high risk adults AND essential workers".

Ah, neat trick! They're throwing in a group which is also dying from COVID (adults 18-64 with preexisting conditions) along with a group NOT dying of COVID (essential workers under 65 with no preexisting conditions).

Notice this study does not include just essential workers compared to old people. That's because it would look much worse, as essential workers who aren't old and aren't sick also aren't dying.

But even with this statistical manipulation, they still weren't able to get the deaths of this woke plan down enough. So they're conceding that we will kill extra old people (including old black people), and are conceding that the incidence rate will not be significantly affected, but we're being woke, and that's what matters now!

Better hope it's not your mom or dad who is part of that extra group of old people to be killed! But if they are, just know that they died so a 25-year-old grocery store worker won't be coughing tomorrow. Totally worth it!

SCIENCE!!

Load Metric
    you guys are really fagging up this thread

Comments

Dan Druff: possible

gimmick: fair

Load Metric

incidence peaks

and

peaks

Fuzzy math from our friend here in Finland. "Adjusting to incidence rate" doesn't automatically go to 0.5% just because the vaccine is being introduced right now. We're not even at the peak yet, in all likelihood. Without the introduction of the vaccine, peak would probably hit in late January.

Also, notice that this study is "vaccinating old people" versus "vaccinating high risk adults AND essential workers".

Ah, neat trick! They're throwing in a group which is also dying from COVID (adults 18-64 with preexisting conditions) along with a group NOT dying of COVID (essential workers under 65 with no preexisting conditions).

Notice this study does not include just essential workers compared to old people. That's because it would look much worse, as essential workers who aren't old and aren't sick also aren't dying.

But even with this statistical manipulation, they still weren't able to get the deaths of this woke plan down enough. So they're conceding that we will kill extra old people (including old black people), and are conceding that the incidence rate will not be significantly affected, but we're being woke, and that's what matters now!

Better hope it's not your mom or dad who is part of that extra group of old people to be killed! But if they are, just know that they died so a 25-year-old grocery store worker won't be coughing tomorrow. Totally worth it!

SCIENCE!!
    You think i just randomly chose the smallest number from a very intricate power point presentation? I'm not an idiot. You chose the biggest number 6,5 and just assumed that it must be same for the whole time period before the peak. That's literally what you did and have been parroting that shit for 10 posts now.

The above including 9 posts of back and forth because you can't read and comprehend the same amazing presentation.

How i got to 0,5% was by adjusting your likely position relatively to the peak and halving it to account the most vulnerable 3m elders that were covered already. Not 100% are you willing to admit that +65 group still has those 3m for all modeling purposes. I'm sure will get an answer soon to that.

Oh and the 3 groups are still +65, sick and essential. Only ones that are removed from any group are healthcare personnel. There's overlap in all 3 because of it. It's at the start of the presentation.

Load Metric
    Oh and i'm obv sending my mother to US for her vaccination. Or you think we give a fuck about CDC guidelines for how we rollout our vaccines.

Load Metric
    Minor details about the presentation referred to as DATA...

Limitations

The efficacy and ability of the vaccine candidates to prevent transmission, as well as
    the time vaccine may become available, is currently unknown

 Modeled epidemic trajectories are only for illustration and are not forecasts
     Overall averted burden should be interpreted cautiously:

Sensitive to the future trajectory of the epidemic
    Findings reflect an idealized rollout, with minimal delays and 100% uptake
    The aim of this study was to demonstrate the relative impact of different initial
    vaccine allocation strategies

...this part is from October 30 when a lot of the models were run in the dark to get a rough idea

Thread Information