Page 556 of 947 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,120 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, here's the theory of how the vaccines could create herd immunity, even if it doesn't actually prevent transmission (which is very possible):

1) Population takes vaccine.

2) Population mostly resumes daily life as before.

3) COVID hits a ton of people at once, but since they're vaccinated, they're asympomatic and nothing happens.

4) After several months of this, it has burned through most of the population, and can't spread effectively anymore. It dies before it can mutate enough to keep spreading.

This may not be what comes to pass, but the above is the intention. It is unknown how quickly the virus will be able to mutate in order to prevent #4.
    its already mutated a bunch of times, including a new strain here in the uk which is supposedly more contagious but not more dangerous

hence another reason why we can end up with exponential growth of new cases

i cant see virus dying out any time soon, think this ends up like the flu with a new vaccine every year to give to the most vulnerable people

so basically if all goes well we end up a year or two from now with the same number or people dying from covid as the flu

right now its 4-5 x as many next year with vaccines hopefully can get it down to same level or less as the standard flu

Comments

Tellafriend: Therapeutics
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric

Do you think that 6.5% more deaths of the elderly in the next month is worth "racial justice"?
    I have never discussed racial justice. I won’t play your game

Comments

Salty_Aus: Checkmate

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    we need the boot lickers like sonatine and Jimmyg to wake up and realize this is all bullshit.

oh, and Druff, he's fully fallen for it
    i mean its clearly not bullshit, around 10% more people are dying than normal due to covid so got to understand some steps must be taken to limit the damage

its easy to say in hindsight but virus is definitely not so bad that lockdowns this severe were justified

mortality rate is reported at 3% but that's based on confirmed cases, considering most people who get it are asymptomatic actual mortality rate prob under 1%
    The problem is that the lockdowns have their own consequences -- some physical, some mental, some economic.

And they're not working, because human beings in free societies like the US aren't compatible with them, and they eventually start straying from them and doing even more dangerous things. (For example, people are visiting each other at home, rather than dining outdoors, which is more dangerous.)

Load Metric
    This is a really great article that details the timeline of how Las Vegas/Nevada has dealt with the virus in great detail.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-covid-winter/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, here's the theory of how the vaccines could create herd immunity, even if it doesn't actually prevent transmission (which is very possible):

1) Population takes vaccine.

2) Population mostly resumes daily life as before.

3) COVID hits a ton of people at once, but since they're vaccinated, they're asympomatic and nothing happens.

4) After several months of this, it has burned through most of the population, and can't spread effectively anymore. It dies before it can mutate enough to keep spreading.

This may not be what comes to pass, but the above is the intention. It is unknown how quickly the virus will be able to mutate in order to prevent #4.
    its already mutated a bunch of times, including a new strain here in the uk which is supposedly more contagious but not more dangerous

hence another reason why we can end up with exponential growth of new cases

i cant see virus dying out any time soon, think this ends up like the flu with a new vaccine every year to give to the most vulnerable people

so basically if all goes well we end up a year or two from now with the same number or people dying from covid as the flu

right now its 4-5 x as many next year with vaccines hopefully can get it down to same level or less as the standard flu
    You're just guessing.

People getting it twice is extremely rare right now to where it's basically a non-factor. Yes, it might mutate enough over time to require yearly vaccination or whatever. That remains to be seen.

But none of this justifies giving the vaccine to essential workers first. As I said, it's not even clear if the vaccine slows transmission. "Exponential growth" is not the fear right now of any competent health official.

Google it and you'll see. You're just taking wild guesses, when in reality the woke politics you hate so much are responsible for this vaccine distribution plan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Do you think that 6.5% more deaths of the elderly in the next month is worth "racial justice"?
    I'm asking you a question about the vaccine distribution reccommendation.

As I've already discussed, they are NOT doing it for purposes of spread prevention. Even the lefties at the CDC admit this.

Given that being the case, is it good or bad? Why are you so afraid to oppose leftist talking points and plans these days?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i
    The CDC is honestly telling people that giving it to old people first will save more lives, but they want to be woke and give it to young people of color first instead.
    any official statemtn from the cdc saying this ?

this sounds like something fps russia would have said lol
    See this post, and I explain it: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post948325

Load Metric

As I've already discussed, they are NOT doing it for purposes of spread prevention. Even the lefties at the CDC admit this.

Given that being the case, is it good or bad? Why are you so afraid to oppose leftist talking points and plans these days?
    Wait, so now the CDC is filled with lefties?

Jesus dude everything isn't left vs right

It's a fucking public health emergency

Comments

Muck Ficon: Welcome to the new PFA. It's all just Druff's delusional rants.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Yes, it's filled with lefties. The people behind this policy are known to be on the far left, including the guy who made some of the presentation slides. That dude is black trans who has "defund the police" all over his Twitter.

And yes, it's a public health emergency, which means the government should distribute the vaccine in the order which saves as many lives as possible.

Do you not agree? Because they're admitting that they're not doing that, in the name of "racial justice".

Load Metric

Yes, it's filled with lefties. The people behind this policy are known to be on the far left, including the guy who made some of the presentation slides. That dude is black trans who has "defund the police" all over his Twitter.

And yes, it's a public health emergency, which means the government should distribute the vaccine in the order which saves as many lives as possible.

Do you not agree? Because they're admitting that they're not doing that, in the name of "racial justice".
    of course I agree with that

pigs like rubio getting the vaccine sends me into another orbit of disgust

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I agree they should not have given it to Congress and Senate members under 65, unless they were high risk. They did this in order to demonstrate it's safe, but I think that it's a bad look, as it implies that these people are elites and the rest of us are schlubs.

However, it's the right who is demanding that old people get it first, and much of the left demanding it goes to "essential workers" who are young. That's the problem here.

Believe it or not, you agree with the right here, even if you don't realize it.

Load Metric

I agree they should not have given it to Congress and Senate members under 65, unless they were high risk. They did this in order to demonstrate it's safe, but I think that it's a bad look, as it implies that these people are elites and the rest of us are schlubs.

However, it's the right who is demanding that old people get it first, and much of the left demanding it goes to "essential workers" who are young. That's the problem here.

Murdoch Gets Vaccinated As His Media Outlets Spread Lies, Attack Essential Workers

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/r...rs-98048581636
    Last edited by big dick; 12-22-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Load Metric
    your side made this 10x worse than it ever needed to be

idc what you say

they did and that is fact

we both been following this closely since march

now sure how you arent seeing the same shit as me

again the CDC should not be sucked into politics

trump did this

Load Metric

How absurd, considering Republicans rarely agree with science and usually do whatever they please.

On the bright side you're clearly blaming your stable genius, and his administration.

Giving the vaccine to Pence was a huge waste, his prayers should have been more then sufficient.

Party of science folks!

Comments

big dick: .

Muck Ficon:

Load Metric

That's not the defense, though. They are already conceding that there won't be an "exponential spread" given the current state of COVID already being everywhere, and that the simple approach of vaccinating old people first WILL save lives.

But they won't do it because of racial justice.

Better that we prevent a black 25-year-old grocery store worker from getting a cough than an old person dying.
    Let’s imagine I have a front desk person at a health club. Imagine 10,000 unique check-ins a month. Especially these days, there is much interaction. Cancelled classes. Membership status changes, etc. etc.

The front desk person is a low skill/low wage position manned by a young person. A young person who is likely social anyway but has contact with a respectable percentage of your local population.

The front desk kid tests positive and a contact tracing nightmare ensues. Your business is dead as well.

In terms of economics, the less concern the customers have about the health club risk the more likely they are to keep their membership active. People get paid and there is a turkey for Tiny Tim at Christmas.

You alluded to some hint of herd immunity with reference to exponential spread. We will just issue you a pass.

If some lib is trying to shoehorn their social justice agenda into coronavirus that does not invalidate the idea here. There is nonsense on both sides of the aisle. The logic of vaccinating young retail with much social interaction is actually defensible and in fact economically desirable.

Nobody is talking about the death rates for black, 18 year old check out clerks. That is not our concern.

You do trigger me. I am wary of your political commentary. You are not balanced in your concerns or criticisms. You have revealed virtually no concern for the Republican Party and it’s current figurehead. Your brand is tainted. I must approach you with caution and test your claims.

We are in the midst of a political, social & economic shit show and it is not entirely the fault of the left. Indeed Biden is going to drive me nuts. I cannot believe the situation we are in.

Let’s describe our circumstance as great social upheaval. You do not cover it fully.
    A front desk person can easily be sealed off from the customers and that is my experience since covid came along.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    we need the boot lickers like sonatine and Jimmyg to wake up and realize this is all bullshit.

oh, and Druff, he's fully fallen for it
    i mean its clearly not bullshit, around 10% more people are dying than normal due to covid so got to understand some steps must be taken to limit the damage

its easy to say in hindsight but virus is definitely not so bad that lockdowns this severe were justified

mortality rate is reported at 3% but that's based on confirmed cases, considering most people who get it are asymptomatic actual mortality rate prob under 1%
    Covid deaths are being offset by lack of flu deaths which traditionally average 10K per month. The flu also has a much higher mortality rate amongst kids than covid. But this year so far only 1 child death attributed to the flu. Social distancing and masks have wiped out the flu.

Just think. All those years of losing 60K people every flu season could have been prevented. Where were you libtards then?

Question. How many flu deaths would there have been every year if no vaccine every year?
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Covid deaths are being offset by lack of flu deaths which traditionally average 10K per month. The flu also has a much higher mortality rate amongst kids than covid. But this year so far only 1 child death attributed to the flu. Social distancing and masks have wiped out the flu.

Just think. All those years of losing 60K people every flu season could have been prevented. Where were you libtards then?
    In one breath you say it traditionally averages 10,000 deaths per month, and with the next breath you say its 60,000 annually.

In the last 10 years its estimated between 1,000 to 5,000 deaths occur per month from the flu. Averaged from annual figures and depending on severity.

30-150 people per day on average more or less.

Not that I'm the ungrateful type. Even small mercies are fabulous.
    ------
    Furthermore these estimates from the CDC are not based on confirmed deaths, these estimates are based on some fancy algorithm that assumes all sorts of things like unconfirmed deaths that are not reported.

If we calculate daily deaths for the flu based on confirmed deaths like they do for COVID, the figure drops to 10-50 flu deaths per day averaged over the last 10 years.... more or less.

Put that into context with the current 3,000 deaths per day from COVID.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 12-22-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

In one breath you say it traditionally averages 10,000 deaths per month, and with the next breath you say its 60,000 annually.

In the last 10 years its estimated between 1,000 to 5,000 deaths occur per month from the flu. Averaged from annual figures and depending on severity.

------
    Furthermore these estimates from the CDC are not based on confirmed deaths, these estimates are based on some fancy algorithm that assumes all sorts of things like unconfirmed deaths that are not reported.

If we calculate daily deaths for the flu based on confirmed deaths like they do for COVID, the figure drops to 10-50 flu deaths per day averaged over the last 10 years.... more or less.

22K died of flu in 2019, 61K in 2018, 34K in 2017 so it has a high variance. Flu season doesn't run the whole year, just six months. The 3K covid deaths per day is a phony stat. Die in a car wreck but test positive for covid and it's a covid death.

Comments

Salty_Aus: You do know what averaged from annual figures means?
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-22-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Load Metric

------

22K died of flu in 2019, 61K in 2018, 34K in 2017 so it has a high variance. Flu season doesn't run the whole year, just six months. The 3K covid deaths per day is a phony stat. Die in a car wreck but test positive for covid and it's a covid death.
    We agree on the CDC estimates for flu deaths per year. Confirmed flu deaths per year are considerably lower.

Who told you that car wreck nonsense?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

We agree on the CDC estimates for flu deaths per year. Confirmed flu deaths per year are considerably lower.

Who told you that car wreck nonsense?
    Please stop quoting this RETARD, thank you

Name:  Skjermbilde.PNG
Views: 360
Size:  18.0 KB

Comments

Salty_Aus: Sorry.... I should probably do the same.

mickeycrimm: DUMBASS
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information