Page 553 of 947 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,060 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I get you hate the language, but language and what argument their making isn’t important

Is your only issue under 35 front line workers getting vaccinated before the truly elderly? What about 35-65? I know more people suffering still six months after the fact than I know people who have died. To what degree they will end up being on disability remains to be seen. Disability is a long arduous legal process with some random back injury or workplace accident in normal times. We aren’t even into that window yet.
    I am 35-65 -- right in the middle of that -- so I can easily relate to those dangers. I've been one of the people loudly saying that my level of caution is justified, given the amount of lung damage appearing in COVID-positive people my age.

However, I will never equate my danger to the danger of seniors like my parents. Even though they have a lot fewer years remaining on this earth than I do, and even though my quality of life would greatly be affected by lung damage, it would be a snap decision to give me COVID instead of one of them if I had to make that choice. I'd make the same statement about strangers I don't know or care about -- that a 50-year-old getting COVID is much less concerning than his 80-year-old dad.

But even with lung damage, most middle aged people aren't going on disability. The lung damage presents itself in that your ability to do semi-strenuous exercise greatly decreases. People with COVID lung damage who have office jobs will not be affected, work-wise. Even the postal worker, who mostly drives his truck around, gets out, and puts the mail in mailbox, won't be disabled. Only very physical jobs would be impacted, and most people middle-aged or older don't have such jobs anyway, for obvious reasons.

I don't feel anyone under 65 in "essential" jobs should be getting the vaccine before the elderly. If you want to include people 40+ with major preexisting conditions (with a narrow view of what that means), and group them with the old people, I'm okay with that. Other than that, you're simply wasting precious early vaccines which could otherwise be saving actual lives.

Load Metric
    New aspect to the CoVid 19

The just agreed to stimulus bill has a lot of money for foreign countries...and the complaint by certain congressmen and commentators is that its a 600 page bill that no congressman has the time to read before being required to vote on it. So they vote yes instead of letting the aid to "American Taxpayers" get away from them.

That is a bullshit excuse. The bill wasn't written overnight, and congressmen have staff members they could have assigned to attend the meetings where the drawing of the bill took place. The current bill was in process for months and the any congressman could assign one of his Georgetown/Stanford/Yale graduates to follow the development of the bill and keep the congressman current. At the least it shows the poor management of staff resources by congress and at worst it implies covering up why the money is being given elsewhere.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 12-22-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    Name:  f2l43.gif
Views: 243
Size:  1.60 MB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

The just agreed to stimulus bill has a lot of money for foreign countries...and the complaint by certain congressmen and commentators is that its a 600 page bill that no congressman has the time to read before being required to vote on it. So they vote yes instead of letting the aid to "American Taxpayers" get away from them.

That is a bullshit excuse. The bill wasn't written overnight, and congressmen have staff members they could have assigned to attend the meetings where the drawing of the bill took place. The current bill was in process for months and the any congressman could assign one of his Georgetown/Stanford/Yale graduates to follow the development of the bill and keep the congressman current. At the least it shows the poor management of staff resources by congress and at worst it implies covering up why the money is being given elsewhere.
    It's actually almost 6,000 pages, and includes a nice tax break for owners of race horses, gee I wonder why.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: thanks for the correction

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

It's actually almost 6,000 pages, and includes a nice tax break for owners of race horses, gee I wonder why.
    THANKS NANCY PELOSI

Views: 216

Load Metric
    Nothing in there about poker?

Trump isn’t gonna just quietly & routinely sign this thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Nothing in there about poker?

Trump isn’t gonna just quietly & routinely sign this thing.

id be shocked if he signed it under the best of circumstances.

he wants this shit in flames on his way out the door.

notice a lot less brrrrrr in the market? yeah me too.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Reportedly Trump is going to veto it.

And he should.

What a failbill.

There was actually a video of them wheeling it in, because it's too heavy to carry. That right there should have been the obvious sign that it's pork-filled crap.

Load Metric
    South Africa struggles to contain second Covid wave with new strain. UK gets all the good press.

501.V2, carries a heavier viral load and appears to be more prevalent among the young.

Happy Kwanzaa

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Reportedly Trump is going to veto it.

And he should.

What a failbill.

There was actually a video of them wheeling it in, because it's too heavy to carry. That right there should have been the obvious sign that it's pork-filled crap.
    the great deal maker and his sole remaining cabinet member munchkin couldn’t negotiate relief for six months

striking deals was literally his only alleged strength

Load Metric
    sanlmar you've gone full blown tds on us brother

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    THANKS NANCY PELOSI

Views: 216
    Wow this gif is a work of art I wonder who made it

Load Metric

This is a 2011 study about the flu vaccine. Apples and oranges.

In the trials, it was seen that efficacy levels for these mRNA COVID vaccines were great across all age groups.

Nice try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Current administration makes decisions that druff passionately disagrees with.... druff blames the left.

I'm seeing a pattern here.
    I blame the left because the people making the decisions here are on the left. Remember that laughable "promote justice" slide in the PDF I posted? The person who made that slide is a black trans who goes by they/them, and supports defunding the police. Do you think he's a Trump appointee?

When a new President takes office, there is only some turnover among employees working under the Executive Branch. There are 4 million such employees. Obviously the incoming President isn't going to fire them all and start fresh.

These idiotic decisions were made by leftist who work at the CDC. The only mystery is why Trump appointee Robert Redfield (CDC director) stood by and let this happen. Regardless, these weren't Republicans giving such direction. Even if it were, I'd be criticizing it, because it's stupid.
    I CLEARLY said this was a new vaccine and my generalisations might not be correct. With this said I would be very surprised if the figures were substantially different.

Show me the data druff you're talking shit. The early trials do not have sufficient data to make that claim.
    Though they are "hopeful" it will protect the elderly.

The current trials are super simple, give it to thousands and give a placebo to thousands,. 90 people in the placebo group caught the virus and about 10 in the group who had the vaccine caught COVID in the same timeframe This is how they rated the efficacy in simple terms.
    I guarantee you that the elderly in these trials were not out high-fiving people at Walmart. They were continuing to be extra vigilant as you'd expect.

Efficacy amongst the elderly will be lower in my opinion and that of many experts. This is simply based on our immune systems deteriorating as we age.
    I'd bet any amount you want on this as I'm very confident.
    --------

Trump is still in power and at the end of the day the current administration is still making policy decisions on COVID.

Obviously he's too busy spouting propaganda and cutting checks to lawyers trying to steal the election to worry about anything else.

The Buck Stops Here!

Comments

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Yeah, I flipped to the dark side around April. I didn’t realize how truly stupid he was until I saw him every day doing his virus pressers.

The next 29 days are gonna be fun then it’s back to flashlights and poker.

The US political system is completely broken. Biden will blow a fuse sooner than later.

Enjoy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Yeah, I flipped to the dark side around April. I didn’t realize how truly stupid he was until I saw him every day doing his virus pressers.

The next 29 days are gonna be fun then it’s back to flashlights and poker.

Enjoy
    TDS is more than just Trump hatred. One side effect of TDS is the support of ridiculous woke agendas, simply because they're the opposite of what Trump would want.

I'm afraid you have a bad case.

Load Metric
    looking at some more data and coming to the conclusion that the virus really isnt that big of a deal and long term i can see this as being nothing more than flu #2

its not going anywhere and will be prob be around for the rest of our lives but vs a population with zero immunity its killed 4-5x more than the flu manages

once we are vaccinating the vulnerable and the population starts to build up immunity excess deaths would think these numbers drop to same level as standard flu #1
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    some interesting data here from the uk re: deaths above average and broken down via age group

https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/static...nd-latest.html
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

This is a 2011 study about the flu vaccine. Apples and oranges.

In the trials, it was seen that efficacy levels for these mRNA COVID vaccines were great across all age groups.

Nice try, though.

I blame the left because the people making the decisions here are on the left. Remember that laughable "promote justice" slide in the PDF I posted? The person who made that slide is a black trans who goes by they/them, and supports defunding the police. Do you think he's a Trump appointee?

When a new President takes office, there is only some turnover among employees working under the Executive Branch. There are 4 million such employees. Obviously the incoming President isn't going to fire them all and start fresh.

These idiotic decisions were made by leftist who work at the CDC. The only mystery is why Trump appointee Robert Redfield (CDC director) stood by and let this happen. Regardless, these weren't Republicans giving such direction. Even if it were, I'd be criticizing it, because it's stupid.
    I CLEARLY said this was a new vaccine and my generalisations might not be correct. With this said I would be very surprised if the figures were substantially different.

Show me the data druff you're talking shit. The early trials do not have sufficient data to make that claim.
    Though they are "hopeful" it will protect the elderly.

The current trials are super simple, give it to thousands and give a placebo to thousands,. 90 people in the placebo group caught the virus and about 10 in the group who had the vaccine caught COVID in the same timeframe This is how they rated the efficacy in simple terms.
    I guarantee you that the elderly in these trials were not out high-fiving people at Walmart. They were continuing to be extra vigilant as you'd expect.

Efficacy amongst the elderly will be lower in my opinion and that of many experts. This is simply based on our immune systems deteriorating as we age.
    I'd bet any amount you want on this as I'm very confident.
    --------

Trump is still in power and at the end of the day the current administration is still making policy decisions on COVID.

Obviously he's too busy spouting propaganda and cutting checks to lawyers trying to steal the election to worry about anything else.

The Buck Stops Here!

So far, summary results disclosed in news releases indicate that Pfizer’s vaccine, produced in partnership with BioNTech, has an overall efficacy rate of 95% and efficacy of 94% in people 65 and older. Moderna’s overall efficacy is 94%, with 87% efficacy in preventing moderate disease in older adults, according to Moncef Slaoui, chief science adviser to Operation Warp Speed, the government’s COVID-19 vaccine development program.
    https://khn.org/news/what-seniors-ca...n-to-roll-out/

As you said, the efficacy rate was actually calculated by comparing the placebo group to the medicated group. They aren't just giving people the vaccine, checking who has COVID 2 months later, and claiming efficacy based upon the percentage who caught it.

It was found that the elderly with the vaccine did 7-16x better with not catching COVID than the placebo group did.

The amount of risk they were taking doesn't matter if they can simply compare the results between the two groups, since both groups presumably took the same amount of risk.

I'm not sure what point you're making, though. Do you agree with the wokes that we should be vaccinating young "essential workers" at the same time as the old people, because of "racial justice"?

Load Metric
    basically so long as you arent like 70 or have an immune system like todger you will be fine

Comments

dwai: lol

gimmick:

Thread Information