Page 530 of 946 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 10,581 to 10,600 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Pandemic response lays clearly in the wheelhouse of the incumbent administration. Of course local government is also involved, and they made mistakes.... but were they well led by the feds?

Trump gets a D- from me on COVID response.... generously.

Trying to shift the blame is again disingenuous Druff. You really need to accept the feds are mostly responsible for such things. Then your attempts to shift blame becomes window dressing, nothing more.

Believe me on this: NO ONE gives a single fuck what your Aussie ass thinks of OUR covid response. Stick with marginalizing your Aborigines.
    you sure told him

Comments

Salty_Aus: He wrecked my again as per usual.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I personally know many people ON THE LEFT who got infected with COVID because they thought it was safe to go indoors with a mask on.

This has been handled very irresponsibly on several fronts.
    I bet most people got COVID because they were wearing no mask and listening to soon to be former President idiot Donald Trump.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Record single day deaths. Good to see this thing finally "turning the corner".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Record single day deaths. Good to see this thing finally "turning the corner".
    Nothing can be done about it. And anyway it's all a hoax.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I recall 3k dropping dead from the flu all through my childhood. Every other friends grandma was there one day, flu and gone the next.

Load Metric
    Romney calls Trump's leadership on Covid-19 'a great human tragedy'

Say what you want about Romney but at least the guy has a heart and actually cares about people and his country

This is all trump's fault and anyone who thinks otherwise is a straight up moron who has had his head buried in the sand since march

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Say what you want about Romney but at least the guy has a heart and actually cares about people and his country

This is all trump's fault and anyone who thinks otherwise is a straight up moron who has had his head buried in the sand since march

yeah bro, he cares about the country all right.....

God how stupid can you be

Load Metric
    what makes you think he doesn't care about the country?

so you think trump does and romney doesnt?
    Last edited by big dick; 12-03-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Load Metric

so you think trump doesn't and romney doesnt?
    he's just another rich white billionaire bro

Comments

Tellafriend: Correct

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

so you think trump doesn't and romney doesnt?
    he's just another rich white billionaire bro
    yes but what he said wasn't wrong and he would have done a much better job handling this than the fat fuck who has been running around crying about the election being rigged

trump just signed off.... he should be charged with crimes against humanity the fucking worthless narcissistic piece of shit

Load Metric
    South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem's 98 year old grandmother passed away in a nursing home from covid.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-...ed-by-covid-19

While she certainly did not get cheated when it came to living a long life, she deserved a better way to go out and a little more time to live. While it's true that no cause of death was listed, that may be due to Noem's public stances and her status.

If it's true that she and others got it from an asymptomatic worker, that worker probably got it from the toxic petri dish that is maskless and large crowds South Dakota. There is no reason for a low density state with really no cities to be so ravaged by the virus. North Dakota was in much the same state of covid toxicity but the Republican governor there has started to come around on common sense precautions.

Nursing home covid deaths facilitation has generally been the area of expertise for more liberal governors like Cuomo (D-NY) or Baker (R-MASS). However, SD and ND rank 46 and 47 in population density. MASS and NY rank 3 and 7.

Kristi has been more concerned with overturning the ballot initiative legalizing marijuana in South Dakota that recently passed. She is completely hypocritical when it comes to defending personal liberties. No mask, but also, no weed even if the conservative population there voted for legalization.

RIP Aldys Arnold.

Name:  5fbd595ea4c38.image.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  107.7 KB

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    425 dead, thats more than sars killed.
    there is absolutely nothing you can do to make us even mildly concerned about this.

Rofl

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Fascinating reading this thread from the beginning and seeing how y'all mocked Time while he tried to warn you dumbfucks

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.ktvq.com/news/national/c...amefJriof09380

Some people who have been dealing with COVID-19 symptoms for months are getting hope with a new diagnosis.

Doctors are starting to recognize a syndrome called POTS in some of them. It stands for postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.

POTS is a disorder of the autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for controlling things like our heart rate and blood pressure.

It's estimated as many as 3 million people in the U.S. have POTS, not connected to COVID-19, but it's a new diagnosis for some post-COVID patients.

“One has to have pots like symptoms at least more than 6 months before we can diagnose pots and that's another reason we are only beginning to recognize pots now because the pandemic started earlier this year and although we feel like it’s been going on forever, we are only recognizing it now,” said Dr. Tae Chung, Director of the Johns Hopkins POTS Clinic.

Chung just opened a clinic dedicated to post-COVID patients with POTS-like symptoms about a month ago. Those symptoms include lightheadedness, prolonged fatigue and brain fog.

It is a hard condition to recognize and doctors are being cautious in diagnosing it.

“The symptoms to a medical provider, they may seem kind of non-specific. Oh you've had an infection, you're going to be tired, but no when people have lightheadedness that is severe and seems to be disabling and limiting activity, we need to be thinking about the possibility of an autonomic disorder,” said Dr. Brent Goodman, who runs the Autonomic Lab at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Goodman has also been seeing post-COVID-19 patients who have developed POTS.

The treatment is individualized but can include exercise, changing up how much salt is in your diet, and medication.

It's not clear yet how recovery will be for post-COVID-19 patients. Both doctors agree that the sooner someone can be diagnosed, the better for starting treatment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Pandemic response lays clearly in the wheelhouse of the incumbent administration. Of course local government is also involved, and they made mistakes.... but were they well led by the feds?

Trump gets a D- from me on COVID response.... generously.

Trying to shift the blame is again disingenuous Druff. You really need to accept the feds are mostly responsible for such things. Then your attempts to shift blame becomes window dressing, nothing more.
    My post wasn't even about local governments.

But okay, you want to go there?

For most things in the US, the local and state governments have more influence over the way things are done than the federal government does. This includes COVID.

You know that Los Angeles area testing I was complaining about in the Master Scalir thread? 100% the fault of Los Angeles and the company they hired to manage it.

But that wasn't even what my message was about. The left and the media politicized this from jump street, because they saw it as a way to get Trump out of office.

And it worked. Without COVID, Trump would have won.

However, this also required putting out a dumbed-down, dishonest, simplified message, which was essentially, "Masks are good, wear your mask, evil Trump doesn't want you masking, Republicans hate masks, Trump is killing you, follow the science, if we only masked more we would be doing great like South Korea."

So then you have states like Illinois where there have been strict mask mandates, and they're getting hit worse than any large state right now. People truly believe that masking = safety.

The media has also caused COVID fatigue by sensationalizing stories of healthy 23-year-olds dying or nearly dying from COVID, in a misguided attempt to get young people aboard for the social distancing. Instead, young people are seeing reality with their peers not getting sick, so they're ignoring the media and assuming they're lying (which they mostly are).

The most responsible message about COVID wasn't the most sensational one or the one which would make Trump look worst. But that would have saved the most lives.

The media and the left decided they would turn COVID into a sound byte, and you see the results. Then, on the right, you have some anti-masking idiots and COVID deniers. They are also making things worse.

I personally know many people ON THE LEFT who got infected with COVID because they thought it was safe to go indoors with a mask on.

This has been handled very irresponsibly on several fronts.
    All well and good.

But you fail to accept who should be mostly held responsible.

Arguing all these other points is simply window dressing when the leader of your current administration has completely dropped the ball. No leadership, no plan.... and he spouted absolute fucking nonsense for months that did not help, it did HARM.

Trump will not accept any responsibility because he only sees responsibility as blame, a real leader would accept responsibility and perhaps even see this as a challenge.

Saying the left is equally to blame for spikes is moronic. These are secondary issues that have clearly been compounded by the current administration offering zero point zero proper guidance.

I'd expect others to make mistakes when your prez is spouting nonsense about the churches will be full over Easter and it will be wonderful.

You know who the majority of the blame falls on, but you'll persist in shifting it I'm sure.

Comments

rum dick: Good Lord. I thought we were all joking around but Druff really has lost his mind.

big dick: fuck trump

adamantium: my nigga

Walter Sobchak: perspective

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I recall 3k dropping dead from the flu all through my childhood. Every other friends grandma was there one day, flu and gone the next.
    I made this sarcastic post yesterday sitting in my doctors office as I had my routine yearly bloodwork. I would have skipped it, but I started back up on my trt after taking a brief break, so wanted to make sure everything was on point with cholesterol and full blood panel. Everything was fantastic, so good there.

They had called the previous day and asked me if I had a fever, been in contact with anyone with Covid, etc. They had never done that before. So when he got in the room, I said you got your girls calling everyone. Your staff ok? I’ve known this doctor a long time and while we weren’t friends growing up, we have a lot of mutual friends as we are the exact same age and I’ve been with him like 7 years now, so we talk pretty freely.

He leaned into and told me kind of quietly,”you wouldn’t believe these ignorant motherfuckers. I’m seeing 5 classic Covid cases a day. They lie to get past my staff and then the minute I walk into the room. they start telling me they can’t taste or smell anything and their chest hurts and their sister just tested positive.” He was legit irritated as hell. He said I just look at them like wtf, I don’t even have tests here, can’t do anything for you, and now you just exposed my entire staff. He said he spends hours on the phone every night dealing with questions and anxiety shit from it.

He said he’s losing about 3 or 4 people a week. He said a girl in her 40s was down to 23% oxygen levels and intubated earlier that week and he didn’t think she was going to make it, but she had seemed to take a turn for the better since. I asked if the deaths are running along the demographic norms. Over 70? He said yeah, over 60 for most, but said he’s lost a number our age. I said I read a lot about masks and them not being as effective as thought, and he said I’m seeing cases every day, how haven’t I caught it if they aren’t effective?

I said I didn’t grasp how 50 people could get sick outside at White House and him not despite treating people ever day if they weren’t effective? He said yes, of course they are effective. You can still get it, but these people are nuts, and they work the vast majority of the time or he’d have gotten it 6 months ago.

This dude has always been right wing. At the start of pandemic he said these Chinese fucked us good this time. He’s made other clearly right wing comments. He just assumes I agree being white middle aged guy, and that’s about 80% here. I never argue obviously. I like the guy. He’s not spouting Q shit, just obviously a Republican as most doctors are.

He has 5k patients and is one of the bigger family practice guys in the area. Well-organized though, rarely am there more than a half hour.

Anyway, anecdote from busy family practice doctor. I had no clue there was that many active cases through his office every day. Made me regret being there. They have a thermal standing temperature thing right when you get there. When he said they lie to get past my girls, I assume they say they haven’t been exposed to anyone and it’s just a flu or something and have no symptoms. I assumed they’d turn you away with a temperature. So either temp isn’t that prevalent with all or they aren’t turning people away? I meant to ask him about the temp thing when he was talking, but forgot to.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: TR rep, stay safe

Tellafriend: Interesting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Romney isn't a bad guy and would have made a decent President -- better than Obama for sure.

However, he's bashing Trump because the two haven't gotten along for a long time. He's doing this out of personal hatred, though he probably has some legitimate moral objection here too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I made this sarcastic post yesterday sitting in my doctors office as I had my routine yearly bloodwork. I would have skipped it, but I started back up on my trt after taking a brief break, so wanted to make sure everything was on point with cholesterol and full blood panel. Everything was fantastic, so good there.

They had called the previous day and asked me if I had a fever, been in contact with anyone with Covid, etc. They had never done that before. So when he got in the room, I said you got your girls calling everyone. Your staff ok? I’ve known this doctor a long time and while we weren’t friends growing up, we have a lot of mutual friends as we are the exact same age and I’ve been with him like 7 years now, so we talk pretty freely.

He leaned into and told me kind of quietly,”you wouldn’t believe these ignorant motherfuckers. I’m seeing 5 classic Covid cases a day. They lie to get past my staff and then the minute I walk into the room. they start telling me they can’t taste or smell anything and their chest hurts and their sister just tested positive.” He was legit irritated as hell. He said I just look at them like wtf, I don’t even have tests here, can’t do anything for you, and now you just exposed my entire staff. He said he spends hours on the phone every night dealing with questions and anxiety shit from it.

He said he’s losing about 3 or 4 people a week. He said a girl in her 40s was down to 23% oxygen levels and intubated earlier that week and he didn’t think she was going to make it, but she had seemed to take a turn for the better since. I asked if the deaths are running along the demographic norms. Over 70? He said yeah, over 60 for most, but said he’s lost a number our age. I said I read a lot about masks and them not being as effective as thought, and he said I’m seeing cases every day, how haven’t I caught it if they aren’t effective?

I said I didn’t grasp how 50 people could get sick outside at White House and him not despite treating people ever day if they weren’t effective? He said yes, of course they are effective. You can still get it, but these people are nuts, and they work the vast majority of the time or he’d have gotten it 6 months ago.

This dude has always been right wing. At the start of pandemic he said these Chinese fucked us good this time. He’s made other clearly right wing comments. He just assumes I agree being white middle aged guy, and that’s about 80% here. I never argue obviously. I like the guy. He’s not spouting Q shit, just obviously a Republican as most doctors are.

He has 5k patients and is one of the bigger family practice guys in the area. Well-organized though, rarely am there more than a half hour.

Anyway, anecdote from busy family practice doctor. I had no clue there was that many active cases through his office every day. Made me regret being there. They have a thermal standing temperature thing right when you get there. When he said they lie to get past my girls, I assume they say they haven’t been exposed to anyone and it’s just a flu or something and have no symptoms. I assumed they’d turn you away with a temperature. So either temp isn’t that prevalent with all or they aren’t turning people away? I meant to ask him about the temp thing when he was talking, but forgot to.
    Some people don't get a fever.

You're wrong about "most docs being Republican". Because doctors are initially exposed to the college evnironment, some became liberal then and stayed that way. In some areas, doctors are actually overwhelmingly Democrats.

With that said, the guy is not an expert on masks and how they work. Perhaps he's wearing an N-95, and making sure he's doing it properly, so he's not catching COVID. Perhaps he already had it and was asymptomatic. Saying, "I don't have it, and I mask, therefore masks work to protect you" is exactly the type of irresponsible shit I was complaining about. The average person will hear that from a doctor and say, "Sweet! I'll just wear my mask and resume my social life!"

Load Metric
    All masks aren't created equal and none of them work unless you follow a very basic hygiene protocol.

Most fashionable cloth masks only stop droplets that carry Covid. They don't filter Covid. Those particles are too small. Meaning if you have Covid, the mask stops it and then slowly when droplets vaporize the Covid particles will spread. Without droplets it's not a dense projectile. Most of the time it's just gone with the wind. Viral load just isn't big enough to infect anyone with normal immunity response.

Hospitals use masks that stops Covid from passing through. Or at least +98% of the viral load and we're back with gone with the wind part, except it also works indoors. It's also possible it works as a pseudo vaccine. It generally isn't recommended because that's really inaccurate.

Comments

big dick: .

Thread Information