Page 525 of 526 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526 LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,500 of 10508

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

  1. #10481
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I said it on radio last night (which I haven't posted yet), but I'll post it again here.

    There's going to be a HUGE controversy in 2021 about the vaccines. Remember the Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy anti-vaxxing thing, and the shitstorm that stirred up? It will be that times 100000000.

    So the first round of the vaccines will show up in January, and will be given to the old people, the healthcare workers, and those with major preexisting conditions. The vast majority of these people will take the vaccine and probably have fairly good results, and for the moment there will be optimism for the near future.

    Then it will become available in March or April for the general public, and all hell will break loose. The problems will be as follows:

    1) Adults will refuse to give it to their kids, seeing a realistic risk (side effects) but no real benefit (COVID rarely harms kids). The teachers unions will freak out about this because they are going to want the teachers in school safe from COVID, and will pressure lawmakers into requiring the COVID vaccine for kids to return to in-person school. Parents will say "fuck no", and there's going to be a lot of gigantic, ugly standoffs, perhaps with teacher work stoppages.

    2) Adults under 35 will refuse to take the vaccine. Remember the stat I quoted you last week that 99% of the COVID deaths are people 35+, despite the fact that people 0-34 make up almost half the US population? Expect that little-cited stat to become front and center during the vaccine controversy. Young people will simply not take this thing, and between them and the kids, we will have a very large portion of the country unvaccinated.

    3) Some people over 35 will refuse the vaccine. Remember my complaint that the media wasn't sufficiently explaining the difference of COVID danger between someone 25 and 45? That will come back to bite us. Healthy middle-aged people will underestimate their COVID danger, and decide to go with the young people and not take the vaccine. There will be a lot more vaccine compliance than with the under-35 group, but still a decent portion of 35-65 year olds refusing to take it -- at least until substantial time passes.

    4) Any harmful side effects of the vaccine will be magnified on social media, and all kinds of conspiracy theories and horror stories will spread. This will lower compliance further.

    Take all of the above together, and we're probably looking at half the population refusing the vaccine, perhaps more. This will prevent herd immunity from occurring, and COVID will continue to live on. This will also give it more time to mutate, as the flu does each year.

    At some point, the government will realize that we're not getting past COVID because of the stubborn half of the population who refuse to vaccinate, and we will start having talk of forced vaccination, which will cause a controversy involving individual rights and freedom like you've never seen before.

    If you thought 2020 was full of controversy, buckle up for 2021.

    Book it.
    Your timeline is true would occur even sooner. Healthcare workers are known for refusing flu vaccine at higher rates than the general public. When I worked in hospital they literally had nurses going to everyone's personal office to give you a shot in an effort to try and mitigate such a risk. I know splitthis is seen as a raving lunatic but she is not that far off the typical nurse.

    I'll likely be getting the vaccine early and will let you guys know if I become sterile so no worries.

    Name:  vaccine.png
Views: 194
Size:  428.3 KB

  2. #10482
    Bronze David USF's Avatar
    Reputation
    45
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Covina, CA
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    1) Adults will refuse to give it to their kids, seeing a realistic risk (side effects) but no real benefit (COVID rarely harms kids). The teachers unions will freak out about this because they are going to want the teachers in school safe from COVID, and will pressure lawmakers into requiring the COVID vaccine for kids to return to in-person school. Parents will say "fuck no", and there's going to be a lot of gigantic, ugly standoffs, perhaps with teacher work stoppages.
    At least in CA, schools require proof of immunization from certain diseases/viruses as a condition for registration, so it stands to reason COVID-19 will be added to the list, and it will likely be required for continued enrollment.

    https://eziz.org/assets/docs/IMM-222School.pdf

    https://enroll.lausd.net/
    Last edited by David USF; 11-21-2020 at 09:45 PM.

  3. #10483
    Gold
    Reputation
    267
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I said it on radio last night (which I haven't posted yet), but I'll post it again here.

    There's going to be a HUGE controversy in 2021 about the vaccines. Remember the Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy anti-vaxxing thing, and the shitstorm that stirred up? It will be that times 100000000.

    So the first round of the vaccines will show up in January, and will be given to the old people, the healthcare workers, and those with major preexisting conditions. The vast majority of these people will take the vaccine and probably have fairly good results, and for the moment there will be optimism for the near future.

    Then it will become available in March or April for the general public, and all hell will break loose. The problems will be as follows:

    1) Adults will refuse to give it to their kids, seeing a realistic risk (side effects) but no real benefit (COVID rarely harms kids). The teachers unions will freak out about this because they are going to want the teachers in school safe from COVID, and will pressure lawmakers into requiring the COVID vaccine for kids to return to in-person school. Parents will say "fuck no", and there's going to be a lot of gigantic, ugly standoffs, perhaps with teacher work stoppages.

    2) Adults under 35 will refuse to take the vaccine. Remember the stat I quoted you last week that 99% of the COVID deaths are people 35+, despite the fact that people 0-34 make up almost half the US population? Expect that little-cited stat to become front and center during the vaccine controversy. Young people will simply not take this thing, and between them and the kids, we will have a very large portion of the country unvaccinated.

    3) Some people over 35 will refuse the vaccine. Remember my complaint that the media wasn't sufficiently explaining the difference of COVID danger between someone 25 and 45? That will come back to bite us. Healthy middle-aged people will underestimate their COVID danger, and decide to go with the young people and not take the vaccine. There will be a lot more vaccine compliance than with the under-35 group, but still a decent portion of 35-65 year olds refusing to take it -- at least until substantial time passes.

    4) Any harmful side effects of the vaccine will be magnified on social media, and all kinds of conspiracy theories and horror stories will spread. This will lower compliance further.

    Take all of the above together, and we're probably looking at half the population refusing the vaccine, perhaps more. This will prevent herd immunity from occurring, and COVID will continue to live on. This will also give it more time to mutate, as the flu does each year.

    At some point, the government will realize that we're not getting past COVID because of the stubborn half of the population who refuse to vaccinate, and we will start having talk of forced vaccination, which will cause a controversy involving individual rights and freedom like you've never seen before.

    If you thought 2020 was full of controversy, buckle up for 2021.

    Book it.
    Your timeline is true would occur even sooner. Healthcare workers are known for refusing flu vaccine at higher rates than the general public. When I worked in hospital they literally had nurses going to everyone's personal office to give you a shot in an effort to try and mitigate such a risk. I know splitthis is seen as a raving lunatic but she is not that far off the typical nurse.

    I'll likely be getting the vaccine early and will let you guys know if I become sterile so no worries.

    Name:  vaccine.png
Views: 194
Size:  428.3 KB
    I just asked my wife, of the 50-60 people she supervises on her floor she said 2 people donít get the flu shot. So they have to wear masks 100% of the time from like Oct-March. Will be interesting to see what those numbers look like for the Covid vaccine.

  4. #10484
    Platinum splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    574
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    2,869
    There will be no mandate for schools. Good luck with that. As far as employers there will be trouble as well. People have the right to refuse vaccines for religious reasons.

    Won’t ever take the vaccine, am preparing my body for the viral war to come NATURALLY.
    If You can calm the raging seas, You can calm the storm in me.

  5. #10485
    The leadership of President Trump helped kill more than 250,000 people.


  6. #10486
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Vaccines in record time, Gotta give Trump some credit. OWS looks like itís working.

    Remember when Trump said it could be done by the end of the year and all the pundits said, ďThat would be a miracle! He doesnít know what heís talking aboutĒ

    Hmm.

    where did you hear anyones getting vaccinated before mid 2021?
    Just about every news source says December, cnn, nbc, aljazeera....

  7. #10487
    Every time someone has an adverse reaction the anti vax group will be posting it all over the place.


    They did it with that HPV one...I can only imagine the craziness that will ensue on the first case of guillain barre.

  8. #10488
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Gov. Cuomo will receive an Emmy for his coronavirus briefings.

    Druff, on a scale of "no tomatoes on the side" to "they told me I could use my comp points here but now they're trying to stick me with a $500 dinner bill," how much does this tilt you?
    Cuomo killing off multi-thousands of people in assisted living by planting covid patients among them was criminally negligent.
    Vote Joe Biden - MAKE AMERICA LAST AGAIN You know the thing! C'mon man!

  9. #10489
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Meh, itís more sheís not attractive tbh. My dad is married to a woman 14 years younger. She makes more than he ever did. My grandparents were similar difference. That isnít that May-December. Itís just one looks quite younger than she is and one looks matronly imo
    Yeah, but you are taking out a real consideration with Rachel, she makes $15M a year, connected, and works in New York City. I mean, I would guess there is a 0% chance she does not have a ton on the side. She is about as liberal as liberal gets and for many of those folks its about exploring sexuality at all costs. She can easily say she is a sexual demon and no one woman can ever satisfy her. Years ago I had a few experiences with a married bar fly, she would routinely tell me one man or woman could never satisfy her, she needed it 4 or 5 times a week. Yes, I wore a rubber.
    4 or 5 times a week? Hahahahahahahahahahha!!! I would have fucked the bitch 4 or 5 times a day.
    Vote Joe Biden - MAKE AMERICA LAST AGAIN You know the thing! C'mon man!

  10. #10490
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

    The US is a semblance of 50 states. People outside of this country, or in this country don't understand this reality. Each state, and county for that matter creates their own policy. The Federal Government cannot legally go into say Nevada and open or close their casinos. Mini Men like big dick don't understand this because he has a max high school education, more likely a GED.

    What distinguishes the US from Asian counties is we have LOTS of fat people who live off of fast food. In Japan, most people live off of fish. In this country we have a McDonalds on every corner. And on the other corner a banner with a 5.99 pizza. This has nothing to do with Trump, or Biden for that matter. Old people and Fat people are in the crosshairs. If you are over 80, it's just the way it is in life, we can all agree on that. If you are a fucking fat ass get your BMI under 30 and you will probably survive the next wave. In other words stop eating a 2,000 calorie pizza every day.
    Canada's provinces are more powerful compared to their federal government than America's states, but they're doing better than we are. Of course, they have socialized medicine and we don't.

    Next stupid theory from Mr. Fancy NE School?
    At least 50% of American medicine is socialized.
    Vote Joe Biden - MAKE AMERICA LAST AGAIN You know the thing! C'mon man!

  11. #10491
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    723
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

    Yeah, but you are taking out a real consideration with Rachel, she makes $15M a year, connected, and works in New York City. I mean, I would guess there is a 0% chance she does not have a ton on the side. She is about as liberal as liberal gets and for many of those folks its about exploring sexuality at all costs. She can easily say she is a sexual demon and no one woman can ever satisfy her. Years ago I had a few experiences with a married bar fly, she would routinely tell me one man or woman could never satisfy her, she needed it 4 or 5 times a week. Yes, I wore a rubber.
    4 or 5 times a week? Hahahahahahahahahahha!!! I would have fucked the bitch 4 or 5 times a day.
    You can't get it up with 6 tabs of Viagra and a crane

     
    Comments
      
      big dick: LOL
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

  12. #10492
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    723
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

    Canada's provinces are more powerful compared to their federal government than America's states, but they're doing better than we are. Of course, they have socialized medicine and we don't.

    Next stupid theory from Mr. Fancy NE School?
    At least 50% of American medicine is socialized.
    Great point, so what's your explanation for why America has been a complete clown show about Covid?

    Hint: it's Trump's followers. They're idiots, and he's making it worse by telling them what they want to hear instead of telling them the truth.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

  13. #10493
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

    4 or 5 times a week? Hahahahahahahahahahha!!! I would have fucked the bitch 4 or 5 times a day.
    You can't get it up with 6 tabs of Viagra and a crane
    You couldn't get layed in a whorehouse with a fist full of hundreds.
    Vote Joe Biden - MAKE AMERICA LAST AGAIN You know the thing! C'mon man!

  14. #10494
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

    At least 50% of American medicine is socialized.
    Great point, so what's your explanation for why America has been a complete clown show about Covid?

    Hint: it's Trump's followers. They're idiots, and he's making it worse by telling them what they want to hear instead of telling them the truth.
    "Trump should have told us to wear masks" is weak. And any other shit you blame on Trump was done far worse by the left. Why dont' you tell us how great Cuomo and Wolf and other democrat governors were in placing covid patients in nursing homes. That caused half the deaths.
    Vote Joe Biden - MAKE AMERICA LAST AGAIN You know the thing! C'mon man!

  15. #10495
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    723
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

    Great point, so what's your explanation for why America has been a complete clown show about Covid?

    Hint: it's Trump's followers. They're idiots, and he's making it worse by telling them what they want to hear instead of telling them the truth.
    "Trump should have told us to wear masks" is weak. And any other shit you blame on Trump was done far worse by the left. Why dont' you tell us how great Cuomo and Wolf and other democrat governors were in placing covid patients in nursing homes. That caused half the deaths.
    I agree there's plenty of blame to go around. That doesn't let Trump off the hook.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

  16. #10496
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    723
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

    You can't get it up with 6 tabs of Viagra and a crane
    You couldn't get layed in a whorehouse with a fist full of hundreds.
    Wouldn't visit a whorehouse, unless it's a legal one in Nevada and I was considering buying it.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

  17. #10497
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

    "Trump should have told us to wear masks" is weak. And any other shit you blame on Trump was done far worse by the left. Why dont' you tell us how great Cuomo and Wolf and other democrat governors were in placing covid patients in nursing homes. That caused half the deaths.
    I agree there's plenty of blame to go around. That doesn't let Trump off the hook.
    It's a situation where the guy at the top is gonna get blamed no matter how good a job he does.
    Vote Joe Biden - MAKE AMERICA LAST AGAIN You know the thing! C'mon man!

  18. #10498
    Mick I trust that you'll be attending the big Crimm Thanksgiving this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  19. #10499
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    It's a situation where the guy at the top is gonna get blamed no matter how good a job he does.
    Democrats are going to be mean no matter what, so why even bother doing a good job?

    lol MAGA logic. Why do you care so much what Dems think?

  20. #10500



     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: lol
      
      splitthis: Rare green for you
      
      Jayjami:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Going to kill the next person...
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 12:05 AM
  2. DID BOVADA JUST KILL ALL LHE ABOVE 3-6?
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 04:55 PM
  3. So if you were going to kill yourself...
    By BetCheckBet in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 11:28 PM
  4. Kill this whitey
    By Pooh in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
  5. KILL WILL
    By Yebsite in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM

Tags for this Thread