Page 523 of 947 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Meh, it’s more she’s not attractive tbh. My dad is married to a woman 14 years younger. She makes more than he ever did. My grandparents were similar difference. That isn’t that May-December. It’s just one looks quite younger than she is and one looks matronly imo
    We'd have to see a picture of them in 1999 to take a better guess at this one. Maybe Rachel's girlfriend was still relatively hot when she was 41. Hard to judge now given that she's 62.

I knew a dude my age when I was in my mid-20s who was dating a chick who was 43. I was trying to talk him out of it, because it seemed like he was getting serious with her. He defended it by saying that she still looked really good, and liked her maturity. I asked, "Yes, but what about in 20 years? You going to be happy with a woman in her 60s when you're in your 40s?" He paused and wasn't sure what to say.

Also, women are different. It's possible Rachel doesn't care much about sex anymore, and just likes having a companion, and she's been with this chick for 21 years. There has been some criticism over the years that Rachel never married her (despite it being legal for a long time), but given that I'm basically in the same situation, I can't criticize that. Some people just don't feel the need to do it, and yet last longer than legal marriages.
    Similar experience, I had a buddy who was 35, MARRIED a 53 year old woman. I was like WTF? When she got to like 57 he was like WTF did I do. They divorced, turns out she did not have the money he thought she did. He got a little bit of money out of it but most of the her money was tied up in her house so he was hosed. It was weird, he had a young son and they would show up at events and everyone thought she was the grandmother. Guys can get away aging decently, women rarely.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Okay, let's get away from old lesbians and back to the virus.

My son's school gave the option for kids returning in the middle of last week. Of course, the return to school looked nothing like school in 2019. Kids had to distance, wear masks, have limited activities, limited hours, etc.

I chose to keep him in ZOOM school. It helped that his (new) best friend's parents also made the same choice.

Well, a week into it, we get an e-mail, "A child in the school has tested positive for COVID."

Now, it's very possible the child got it elsewhere, or even from the parents. But I'm guessing a panic is going to ensue, and lots of people are going to switch back to ZOOM.

Kids can't social distance well. If you're a parent and have tried it, you know it doesn't work. You have to keep reminding them every 2 minutes to back away from each other. If kids can transmit it to one another, you're going to see a lot of this. It's possible that transmission will be limited because there's a theory that asymptomatic carriers can't transmit, and since most kids are asymptomatic, that would help. But it's just a theory, and may be wrong.
    Imagine if we had of had a national response to this virus and imagine of trump had of actually tried to do something about the virus

Testing in schools seems like it would have been a great idea! Or better yet rapid testing in schools...what do we have now? 5 hour wait in line and hopefully get results back in a few days

Trump and the Gop failed America as hard as they could have possibly failed us.

Update on sister- day 12 in hospital. Covid destroyed her Kidneys... her 6th dialysis is sunday

Comments

rum dick: Prayers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

My son's school gave the option for kids returning in the middle of last week. Of course, the return to school looked nothing like school in 2019. Kids had to distance, wear masks, have limited activities, limited hours, etc.

I chose to keep him in ZOOM school. It helped that his (new) best friend's parents also made the same choice.

Well, a week into it, we get an e-mail, "A child in the school has tested positive for COVID."

Now, it's very possible the child got it elsewhere, or even from the parents. But I'm guessing a panic is going to ensue, and lots of people are going to switch back to ZOOM.

Kids can't social distance well. If you're a parent and have tried it, you know it doesn't work. You have to keep reminding them every 2 minutes to back away from each other. If kids can transmit it to one another, you're going to see a lot of this. It's possible that transmission will be limited because there's a theory that asymptomatic carriers can't transmit, and since most kids are asymptomatic, that would help. But it's just a theory, and may be wrong.
    Imagine if we had of had a national response to this virus and imagine of trump had of actually tried to do something about the virus

Testing in schools seems like it would have been a great idea! Or better yet rapid testing in schools...what do we have now? 5 hour wait in line and hopefully get results back in a few days

Update on sister- day 12 in hospital. Covid destroyed her Kidneys... her 6th dialysis is sunday
    In case you did not know, we live in a Republic, which means each individual state handles their business the way they want. You simply are ignorant to how this country works. No President unless the Russians are dropping bombs can influence anything to states. Stick to poker.

Comments

big dick: fat ass piece of shit

splitthis:

Gold
    Load Metric

Every other large, diverse, open democratic Western nation has gone through the same thing, most of them worse. Trump's actions certainly didn't help things, but reality doesn't support this narrative.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

In case you did not know, we live in a Republic, which means each individual state handles their business the way they want. You simply are ignorant to how this country works. No President unless the Russians are dropping bombs can influence anything to states. Stick to poker.
    Why would I ever take advice from a degenerate loser who can't even keep his own weight under control?

You bet on harness racing dude... you're a fucking huge idiot

BYEDON2020

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Lol fuck bottomset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Every other large, diverse, open democratic Western nation has gone through the same thing, most of them worse. Trump's actions certainly didn't help things, but reality doesn't support this narrative.
    Not only did he not help but he made things much worse than they needed to be.

Study Finds ‘Single Largest Driver’ of Coronavirus Misinformation: Trump
    Cornell University researchers analyzing 38 million English-language articles about the pandemic found that President Trump was the largest driver of the “infodemic.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...formation.html

Trump Fueled 38% Of Pandemic Misinformation, Conspiracies: Study
    "We conclude that the President of the United States was likely the largest driver of the COVID-19 misinformation 'infodemic,'" said Cornell University researchers after analyzing 38 million English-language online articles about the pandemic. Other reports of President Donald Trump twisting the facts are also in the news.

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/tru...iracies-study/

Comments

Salty_Aus: But the markets mostly survived relatively unscathed. You should he thanking him for lying. :)

Load Metric

Are you getting ready for Trump's second inaugural? You assured us it would happen, because you know so much.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Why would I ever take advice from a degenerate loser who can't even keep his own weight under control?

You bet on harness racing dude... you're a fucking huge idiot

BYEDON2020
    LOL, you are not bright, but we all knew that about you. Stick to multi-tabling 1-2 limit games on shady sites. In other words, stick to being a monumental goon and have your wife go out and get your health benefits.

You literally are the dumbest guy on the internet, and I will tell you this I have seen some really dumb people over the years. I mean thousands.

Comments

splitthis:

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

Laughs in New Zealand, Australia and Canada.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post

New Zealand and Australia aren't good examples.

NZ is an island nation with a fairly small population, so if the virus didn't make it over in large numbers, and they locked down, it's much easier to contain in a place like that than in a large country. They have fewer than 5 million people, whereas the US has 330 million.

Australia hasn't been particularly careful, especially in the earlier months. They just haven't had a huge problem, for unknown reasons. There is some belief that a required childhood immunization in Australia, which isn't done in the rest of the world, could have had the unintended benefit of some COVID immunity.

Canada is doing better with their death rate per million than the US, but it's no Australia. Canada has had 300 deaths per 1M pop, Australia has had 35. The US has had 785, which is on par with the countries in Europe which are also struggling with COVID.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Not only did he not help but he made things much worse than they needed to be.

Study Finds ‘Single Largest Driver’ of Coronavirus Misinformation: Trump
    Cornell University researchers analyzing 38 million English-language articles about the pandemic found that President Trump was the largest driver of the “infodemic.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...formation.html

Trump Fueled 38% Of Pandemic Misinformation, Conspiracies: Study
    "We conclude that the President of the United States was likely the largest driver of the COVID-19 misinformation 'infodemic,'" said Cornell University researchers after analyzing 38 million English-language online articles about the pandemic. Other reports of President Donald Trump twisting the facts are also in the news.

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/tru...iracies-study/

This is dumb because "misinformation" doesn't equal "death".

(I also would doubt a study out of Cornell, where I'd say it's about a 100% chance that the researchers all despise Trump.)

If you want to study the damage Trump caused (or didn't cause), you need to take an honest look at COVID deaths, and the behaviors which led to them. This is hard to do because you can't interview dead people. However, if you interview hospitalized people, you can probably get a good idea. You'd need to ask them about their behavior, where they most likely caught COVID, and if Trump had anything to do with this behavior. I'm sure that in almost all of the cases, Trump wasn't a factor.

I actually believe the dishonest media caused more deaths than Trump. I keep talking about the illusion of security, which I think was a big factor here. If you are repeatedly told that masks are the difference-maker between getting COVID and not getting COVID, then you feel too secure wearing a mask, and end up taking risks you might not otherwise take.

The media has been so obsessed with masks because Trump was perceived to be anti-mask, so they've been hammering the mask thing super hard, and trying to imply that our death rate would be a fraction of what it is, had Trump just insisted everyone wear masks. The media is so hung up on masks that the average person now believes that the mask gives them a ton of protection, when in fact it doesn't. There was even a recent Dutch study which contradicts what the CDC put out regarding masks -- that there is very little benefit to the wearer.

Also contributing to the illusion of security is surface cleaning. If you walk into a business and see them constantly cleaning and wiping down, you feel safer from COVID. However, it is strongly believed that surfaces are NOT much of a COVID danger, so all of this cleaning is just performative.

Master Scalir and his friend Ryan both got COVID because they believed masks protected them. I've known many others who didn't get it, but took risks with the belief the mask was going to keep them safe.

Human beings naturally want to feel like they're in control of their own destiny, and that they're rewarded for good behavior (and punished for bad). This is why you still have tons of people believing high blood pressure and high cholesterol are a result of an unhealthy lifestyle or diet (where in reality, it's almost all hereditary). It's very easy to buy into the "mask protects you, and Trump is a bad man for not promoting wearing them" narrative, because it fits with the "act responsible, get good results" belief people naturally have.

The message should be, "Wear masks, but understand they don't protect you very much, and you need to avoid going indoors and avoid being close to people." The media won't put that message out.

Comments

Salty_Aus: If you happen to die from being misinformed relax and don't be stupid.

Load Metric

NZ is an island nation
    So is the US.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NZ is an island nation
    So is the US.
    So is everything. So is the earth, if you think about it.

But the US has a bit more than 4.86 million people.

Load Metric

Speaking of reality, grand total of 3 larger Western nations have done worse than US. As is US is 13th on deaths per capita and if this plays out as it did earlier this year, you will catch most of the Western countries ahead of you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Remember when everyone was trying to get N95 masks, and we were all told this whopper?

Then we found out later, "Actually, masks do help, but we had to say they didn't so we could get enough N95 masks for healthcare workers without y'all grabbing them first. Sorry guys!!!"

Somehow this story morphed over time into, "Trump misled everyone, and Fauci was following the science and trying to lead us on the right path the entire way!"

LOL revisionist history

No Druff.

We've been over this, don't play dumb.

Here's the interview where he discouraged people from wearing masks...again:

LaPook, March 8: There’s a lot of confusion among people, and misinformation, surrounding face masks. Can you discuss that?

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

LaPook: You’re sure of it? Because people are listening really closely to this.

Fauci: …There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.

LaPook: And can you get some schmutz, sort of staying inside there?

Fauci: Of course, of course. But, when you think masks, you should think of health care providers needing them and people who are ill. The people who, when you look at the films of foreign countries and you see 85% of the people wearing masks — that’s fine, that’s fine. I’m not against it. If you want to do it, that’s fine.

LaPook: But it can lead to a shortage of masks?

Fauci: Exactly, that’s the point. It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it.
    So quit spreading misinformation and acting like making masks available for healthcare workers a priority was some evil secret that he later confessed to.

Trump won't be president much longer, you don't have to keep lying for him.

I don't know why you keep posting this as some kind of gotcha.

He said very clearly, "There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask."

That was very straightforward. I didn't take it out of context. He said it and meant it. That's the takeaway from that interview.

Sure, he admitted later in the interview that healthcare workers need them, but that doesn't change the fact that he was lying about the first part. He was saying that healthcare workers need them AND that regular people don't, so people should stop buying them.

And that was a big lie.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Speaking of reality, grand total of 3 larger Western nations have done worse than US. As is US is 13th on deaths per capita and if this plays out as it did earlier this year, you will catch most of the Western countries ahead of you.
    The US is a semblance of 50 states. People outside of this country, or in this country don't understand this reality. Each state, and county for that matter creates their own policy. The Federal Government cannot legally go into say Nevada and open or close their casinos. Mini Men like big dick don't understand this because he has a max high school education, more likely a GED.

What distinguishes the US from Asian counties is we have LOTS of fat people who live off of fast food. In Japan, most people live off of fish. In this country we have a McDonalds on every corner. And on the other corner a banner with a 5.99 pizza. This has nothing to do with Trump, or Biden for that matter. Old people and Fat people are in the crosshairs. If you are over 80, it's just the way it is in life, we can all agree on that. If you are a fucking fat ass get your BMI under 30 and you will probably survive the next wave. In other words stop eating a 2,000 calorie pizza every day.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

So is the US.
    So is everything. So is the earth, if you think about it.

But the US has a bit more than 4.86 million people.

Last edited by rum dick; 11-20-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Load Metric

The US is a semblance of 50 states. People outside of this country, or in this country don't understand this reality. Each state, and county for that matter creates their own policy. The Federal Government cannot legally go into say Nevada and open or close their casinos.
    Yea most European countries are in this thing called European Union. It plays out more or less like a Federation. We have a pretty good idea what it means.

Gold
    Load Metric

France has handled Corona slightly better than the US and Germany significantly better. With a better president (even Hillary Clinton) I suspect we would be closer to France equivalent outcome than Germany, but this is all hypothetical and we will never really know.

Comments

gimmick: probably in that ballpark

Load Metric

The US is a semblance of 50 states. People outside of this country, or in this country don't understand this reality. Each state, and county for that matter creates their own policy. The Federal Government cannot legally go into say Nevada and open or close their casinos. Mini Men like big dick don't understand this because he has a max high school education, more likely a GED.

What distinguishes the US from Asian counties is we have LOTS of fat people who live off of fast food. In Japan, most people live off of fish. In this country we have a McDonalds on every corner. And on the other corner a banner with a 5.99 pizza. This has nothing to do with Trump, or Biden for that matter. Old people and Fat people are in the crosshairs. If you are over 80, it's just the way it is in life, we can all agree on that. If you are a fucking fat ass get your BMI under 30 and you will probably survive the next wave. In other words stop eating a 2,000 calorie pizza every day.
    Canada's provinces are more powerful compared to their federal government than America's states, but they're doing better than we are. Of course, they have socialized medicine and we don't.

Next stupid theory from Mr. Fancy NE School?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information