Page 514 of 946 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,280 of 18909

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    It’s still in phase 3. We aren’t close to getting it yet. When you need a huge portion of the populace to buy in and get vaccinated, I’d make the argument even if you hate Trump and wanted him gone, we would have been better served if they held off on the announcement for a few weeks. This will play into anti-vax paranoia and make it more difficult to get them to get vaccinated.

Load Metric
    Much to Druff's chagrin, I no longer feel like I have lower lung capacity, but one factor that is likely a result of COVID is my stamina is shot.

Could be connected to overall lower physical activity as a result of working from home, but I find myself COMPLETELY gassed after a strenuous exercise.

For example: normally a long run (10-12 miles) would maybe render me a bit sore the morning after but no other effects day of, etc. I ran 11 yesterday, was completely physically/mentally exhausted for the rest of the day and still feel drained today. Normally run 6x per week but have scaled back frequency because I simply feel wiped some days.

I climbed Mount Adams in June both in 2019 and 2020 (post-COVID), and was fucking shot for days this year.

Hoping this will also dissipate but intuitively feel like it may be permanent to some extent.

Comments

Sanlmar: Tremendous group of posts. Trip report rep

gimmick:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So stock market rallies 1000 points, news of a Pfizer vaccine, It’s 80 degrees and sunny in November.

I ask the front desk what the mood of our members is. My kid tells me they have never been nastier. The mood is ugly and he said, “it’s like they blame us”

I caution him not to hit anybody.

Governor Baker issued an Order effective November 6, 2020 requiring face masks or cloth face coverings in in all public places, even where they are able to maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
    Today was kinda the first business day after this order.

Thus, even the walk from your car to the front door in an empty parking lot you must wear a mask or face a $300 fine. From 5 years old on up.

Really interesting. I don’t presume to understand the public at any given moment.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    So stock market rallies 1000 points, news of a Pfizer vaccine, It’s 80 degrees and sunny in November.

I ask the front desk what the mood of our members is. My kid tells me they have never been nastier. The mood is ugly and he said, “it’s like they blame us”

I caution him not to hit anybody.

Governor Baker issued an Order effective November 6, 2020 requiring face masks or cloth face coverings in in all public places, even where they are able to maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
    Today was kinda the first business day after this order.

Thus, even the walk from your car to the front door in an empty parking lot you must wear a mask or face a $300 fine. From 5 years old on up.

Really interesting. I don’t presume to understand the public at any given moment.

Biden's press release said the same. Even with vaccine, have to wear facemasks well into next year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Much to Druff's chagrin, I no longer feel like I have lower lung capacity, but one factor that is likely a result of COVID is my stamina is shot.

Could be connected to overall lower physical activity as a result of working from home, but I find myself COMPLETELY gassed after a strenuous exercise.

For example: normally a long run (10-12 miles) would maybe render me a bit sore the morning after but no other effects day of, etc. I ran 11 yesterday, was completely physically/mentally exhausted for the rest of the day and still feel drained today. Normally run 6x per week but have scaled back frequency because I simply feel wiped some days.

I climbed Mount Adams in June both in 2019 and 2020 (post-COVID), and was fucking shot for days this year.

Hoping this will also dissipate but intuitively feel like it may be permanent to some extent.
    good lord dude 11 miles?

even in my youth I couldn't run 1 mile straight i just never learned how to properly pace myself, I was good in quick jolts like a 40 yard dash or playing outfield in baseball or like a pickup basketball game, I think you're pretty damn good if you can still run 11 miles lol

Load Metric

I want to be out of shape like you. I could run that distance for about 6 months in my life before 16. Last year I wanted to test myself. Got 4 in and my lungs felt like they were going to explode. I stick to the elliptical. I promised myself when I was sick if I ever got well I would run a marathon. Instead I got divorced, moved in with a stripper, and did cocaine for most of 3 years. The best laid plans...

Your lesser capacity sounds pretty top 2%.

Comments

sonatine: taking notes

nightmarefish: HOF

gimmick:

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I want to be out of shape like you. I could run that distance for about 6 months in my life before 16. Last year I wanted to test myself. Got 4 in and my lungs felt like they were going to explode. I stick to the elliptical. I promised myself when I was sick if I ever got well I would run a marathon. Instead I got divorced, moved in with a stripper, and did cocaine for most of 3 years. The best laid plans...

You tell me that there's Troye Sivan or Timothee Chalamet at the end of the 10 miles, wearing just a jockstrap, and you see how fast my feet move to get to the finish line.

Comments

BCR: I don’t have the slightest clue who those dudes are but I believe you.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I had the same experience late last year. It's not confirmed I had covid but I'm pretty sure I did, won't ever really know. Several people in my office were diagnosed with "walking pneumonia", we had all the covid symptoms but it wasn't on anyone's radar yet. I remember the strange cough echoing through the office, many people commented about it wasn't like any cough they ever had and it lingered for months. Anyway, before getting sick I was in decent shape, able to run 8 miles in a hour. Once I recovered, I started running again and it's been a struggle. I try to run 30 miles a week but now it's 5 miles tops a day and 1-1:30 minutes slower per mile than before which is significant. I've been a runner my entire life so I know my body pretty well and for the last 6-9 months nothing makes sense. That's a pretty big block of running but I just can't seem to get in better shape, it's strange as hell. When you run alot you have good and bad days but I haven't had one of those good days this entire year. Not sure what, but I lost something.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Said it better than I did. Yes, slower pace and many, many more bad runs than good.

gimmick:
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 11-09-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

totally normal response to a plague ending
    If they were doing it to screw Trump they would have waited a few more days so it wouldn't be so obvious. Unless they were thumbing their nose at him on purpose which of course cannot be ruled out. If so, very well done.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

If you run 10 miles several days a week you are in better shape than most people, Covid or no Covid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Right choice obv

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Comparing each state's COVID-19 cases to how they voted in the 2020 Presidential election.

Name:  CA38DE0A-07F9-44B0-9E59-A14A34760606.png
Views: 700
Size:  2.06 MB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Comparing each state's COVID-19 cases to how they voted in the 2020 Presidential election.

Name:  CA38DE0A-07F9-44B0-9E59-A14A34760606.png
Views: 700
Size:  2.06 MB
    It's every Trumptard's god-given right to get sick and die.

Load Metric
    Sister got admitted yesterday

Covid pneumonia

in the ICU

Diabetic + asthma

some hoax

Comments

Walter Sobchak: best wishes to her for a speedy recovery

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Not sure what the "much to Druff's chagrin" part is referring to. I haven't wished you to have permanent lung damage, nor have I denied that permanent lung damage happens from COVID.

In fact, I just argued with someone on Twitter today that it's a lot more prevalent than they believe.

Even though you are often a dick to me on here, I don't wish you to have permanent lung problems at the age of 34. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone unless I really hated them.

GL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Covid pneumonia

in the ICU

Diabetic + asthma

some hoax
    Ouch

Sorry to hear. GL to her.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So what is everyone's position on the vaccine?

Maybe I should post a poll about this. I'm torn on it.

Part of me wants to take it because I really fear COVID.

Part of me doesn't want to take it until I wait some time and see how people do with it.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer in any way. However, it's true that this thing is rushed. While rushing it makes sense, it's still rushed.

I will also need to decide what to do regarding giving it to Benjamin. That's an even tougher one, because there I'm leaning toward NOT vaccinating him, unless I'm pretty close to 100% sure it's safe. At 10 years old, he's very unlikely to have a bad time with COVID. I do give him the yearly flu vaccine because kids ARE vulnerable to bad effects from the flu. I don't take the flu vaccine, feeling it to be unnecessary at my age.

My parents will take it when it's available, which makes sense because they're old.

I'm in that age range where it's a tough call between taking it right away and waiting.

Comments

rum dick: Concerned father rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Covid pneumonia

in the ICU

Diabetic + asthma

some hoax
    Ouch

Sorry to hear. GL to her.
    thanks

she isn't overweight but like I said she is diabetic via pregnancy and has always had asthma

Only sister I have so really pulling for her of course

She was on 60% ventilator yesterday and now they reduced it to 30% and they got het blood sugar levels down close to normal

Some positive news... at least

the nurses per usual are doing gods work
    they are calling someone in our family 2-3 times a day to update us

she did the plasma yesterday and is on the 5 day remdesvir

she's in good hands r

Comments

d1sposition: she's in my thoughts. best wishes to her. stay strong man.

rum dick: She'll be ok

Load Metric

Part of me doesn't want to take it until I wait some time and see how people do with it.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer in any way. However, it's true that this thing is rushed. While rushing it makes sense, it's still rushed.

I will also need to decide what to do regarding giving it to Benjamin. That's an even tougher one, because there I'm leaning toward NOT vaccinating him, unless I'm pretty close to 100% sure it's safe. At 10 years old, he's very unlikely to have a bad time with COVID. I do give him the yearly flu vaccine because kids ARE vulnerable to bad effects from the flu. I don't take the flu vaccine, feeling it to be unnecessary at my age.

My parents will take it when it's available, which makes sense because they're old.

I'm in that age range where it's a tough call between taking it right away and waiting.
    I think Pfizer will do everything they would normally do to ensure it is safe and effective, despite working as quickly as possible. It's not going to be available until they're reasonably sure it should be released. Could be next summer or later. And there will be independent medical opinions available about who should take it and when. I might not be first in line but I will get it if that is the public health recommendation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I think Pfizer will do everything they would normally do to ensure it is safe and effective, despite working as quickly as possible. It's not going to be available until they're reasonably sure it should be released. Could be next summer or later. And there will be independent medical opinions available about who should take it and when. I might not be first in line but I will get it if that is the public health recommendation.
    Okay, but let's talk about a "public health recommendation".

If the vaccine isn't completely safe, but widespread usage will lead to herd immunity and perhaps the eradication of COVID-19, it's still in the public interest to recommend its usage.

If we had hive mind and only acted 100% in the interest of society, with zero selfish motivations, this would be the right thing for everyone to do.

However, individuals see it differently. Many will choose not to risk their own personal health for the greater goal of herd immunity. This is even more true if the individual isn't likely to benefit much from taking it, such as young people or those with little exposure.

I have a feeling we will get a low percentage cooperation with taking the vaccine for several months, and it will mainly be taken by old and/or vulnerable people.

Thread Information