Page 513 of 946 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Can’t hide forever, vaccine won’t cover all strains just like the flu. Use your hiding time to get your body strong to fight the war. Round 2021 gonna be worse according to my puppy predictions.

Comments

Been:

FRANKRIZZO: puppy rep
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Can’t hide forever, vaccine won’t cover all strains just like the flu. Use your hiding time to get your body strong to fight the war. Round 2021 gonna be worse according to my puppy predictions.
    Name:  0666237B-AAEE-4DF0-9CAB-DA9F752C5B1A.gif
Views: 519
Size:  1.01 MB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    has Biden stopped the virus yet?

Comments

Tellafriend: first real laugh of the day - well done!

Load Metric
    Yup

Does the flu vaccine stop the flu? I didn’t think so.

Herd immunity is the other fallacy. Name the last example of herd immunity.

I don’t expect anyone to stop it but if Trump spoke the truth like split here we’d all have red hats.

Load Metric
    Do a test on yourself, how few breaths you can take in one minute, if over 6 you need to get your physical health together. I currently clock at 2, working on 1.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    Caught the rona 16 days ago. Didn't want to post about it until I recovered so I didn't jinx myself.

That said, celebrating the return of taste tonight with bacon wrapped pork chops and mashed taters and gravy.

Also lifelong asthmatic here, so I am in the high risk category, but it really didn't even get close to the point where I thought I was in trouble. Just very, very worn out. Took my bleach injections and lamps to the ass like a man.

Comments

dwai: good to hear

sonatine: ass lamping, bleach, and prayer

Forum Wars: Welcome back; good idea not to subject yourself to the stress of PFA while recovering I reckon

JACKDANIELS: hope it doesnt get into your bones

BCR: Glad you’re feeling better.

simpdog: nice recovery. But we'll get the :laterfags ready just incase

Been:

Salty_Aus: Very pleased to hear you're ok

gimmick:

gut: nice "first meal" choice

splitthis: Glad you got over the flu

IamGreek: OPA!

Walter Sobchak: Glad you're better

Daly: Good

The Shrink: Shout out to a fellow asthmatic

Sloppy Joe: Glad your AIDS got better before you died. Hang in there through the aftermath.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    Do a test on yourself, how few breaths you can take in one minute, if over 6 you need to get your physical health together. I currently clock at 2, working on 1.
    just did it

1st breath and held for a minute

Had another 5 maybe 10 seconds left before needing some air

So I'm okay now to go to the bar maskless now and celebrate trumps loss?

Lmk

Comments

splitthis: Stay away from bars, not cuz of virus, go to gym

Load Metric
    I got about 50 seconds in, I guess in theory I could have gone over a minute. I am not a smoker though (except the occasional high end $40 cigar).

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Caught the rona 16 days ago. Didn't want to post about it until I recovered so I didn't jinx myself.

That said, celebrating the return of taste tonight with bacon wrapped pork chops and mashed taters and gravy.

Also lifelong asthmatic here, so I am in the high risk category, but it really didn't even get close to the point where I thought I was in trouble. Just very, very worn out. Took my bleach injections and lamps to the ass like a man.
    out of rep

Good to hear Wrench

god speed

I just learned of the 1st person I know personally to die

46 year old Iron Worker

This dude's name was RAY and Ray left behind a family

Ray was also 1 seriously bad motherfucker.
    Not a dude you'd ever want to mess with but as good a guy as you could ever meet.
    Fearless he was fearless

RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

out of rep

Good to hear Wrench

god speed

I just learned of the 1st person I know personally to die

46 year old Iron Worker

This dude's name was RAY and Ray left behind a family

Ray was also 1 seriously bad motherfucker.
    Not a dude you'd ever want to mess with but as good a guy as you could ever meet.
    Fearless he was fearless

RIP
    What made RAY so tough, a bad mother fucker? Like 90% of the board thinks you just made him up. And in the rare case you did not, nobody cares. RIP Raymond the Bad Ass Iron Welder.

Comments

big dick: you're a low class pussy

splitthis: Offset

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    wrench, did you have any breathing problems at any point?

Do you feel any breathing issues now?

You're the same age as me, from what I recall, so if you dodged any lung issues, consider yourself lucky. I just noticed a few days ago that it's getting pretty bad in Minnesota.

Comments

wrenchjockey: TLDR answers to your post from my post below: Yes, Not really, Yep, Agree, It is.

Load Metric

You're the same age as me, from what I recall, so if you dodged any lung issues, consider yourself lucky. I just noticed a few days ago that it's getting pretty bad in Minnesota.
    I am not hijacking your answer, but I contracted it and I do have a minor preexisting condition. In my case you get a fever for a couple days, night sweats. I never once got a breathing issue, but I did get your anxiety issue (no joke to you given your issues) when I tried to sleep. Given my minor pre-existing condition it did me no good when I read those that abused alcohol for years were susceptible to a respirator, this is from self diagnosis on the internet which did me no good in reading. Yeah, I freaked out when trying to sleep for a few days, then I got so tired I effectively just passed out.

The big thing is fatigue in the legs. It has now cleared up but yeah it was tough to stand in the shower for a few days, I had to brace myself so I would not fall down, I refused to take a bath. I never lost taste, but anxiety was extreme especially in the mornings when my legs were very weak, but that is effectively cleared. I think Wrench says he is in pretty good shape, I am decent as well (not the best but pretty good). If we had been really fat with a condition it could have been a dirt nap.

Comments

splitthis: Dirt nap

wrenchjockey: we had pretty much opposite cases, no fever but for sure fatigue big time. I fagged out and took baths, but I'm n the middle of a remodel and waiting for my shower to be tiled. Glad you dodged the coffin.

Load Metric
    What made RAY so tough, a bad mother fucker? Like 90% of the board thinks you just made him up. And in the rare case you did not, nobody cares. RIP Raymond the Bad Ass Iron Welder.

Comments: big dick: you're a low class pussy

You are a world class attention whore. People on this site have people die all the time for various reasons and we sure as shit don't run on this site to announce them. If Ray exists and I doubt he does, keep that shit to yourself and your former Union buddies if they even exist, WTF is the matter with you? What a bizarre cat you are.

Gold
    Load Metric

Mine started out with a dry cough on a Thursday. Friday morning I got up to go to work, and by the time I got there I knew I wasn't up to it. I called in sick for the first time in 12 years. Saturday and Sunday I just felt worn out, had the cough still and a slight headache that I sort of dismissed because I'm a rabid caffeine addict. I didn't have a fever or the loss of taste/smell so my first assumption was that I had a chest cold or flu. Monday morning I felt really good, so I got up and went to work. On the way I stopped at my local breakfast joint jam for a little fuel for the day and on my first bite I knew I was fucked. I couldn't taste a damn thing. Confirmed by attempting to smell my coffee and no dice. Pulled into work, called the owner and service manager and had them come outside where I told them I'm probably done for a couple weeks. I didn't get tested until a week after my first symptom, because I didn't see the point. The admin at work asked me to get tested so they could pay me which was an unexpected surprise. I did and of course tested positive. I spit in the tube at noon, got an email that it was at the lab at 4:30 that afternoon and another email at 7am the next day with the results.

Throughout the whole thing, I never once had a fever. Not even over 99. The headaches were only slight. Considering I'm asthmatic, I was mainly concerned with the shortness of breath part of it. I would say I never really felt like it was unmanageable. I do have a rescue inhaler on me at all times, and used it a total of 3 times in the two weeks when I felt it was starting to get short. Like bottomset, there was one night where I got some anxiety about the whole situation while trying to fall asleep and had to decide if this was just anxiety or time to get to the ER. It felt like I had to fight to breathe deeply. That wasn't a fun half hour, but eventually I felt myself calming, I hit my inhaler, my breathing improved and eventually fell asleep. Thankfully, there was only one night like that. I slept comfortably every other night.

I feel like I got a pretty mild case, and really dodged a bullet. To answer your last question, I don't feel like I have any lingering breathing issues at this point, but the nagging dry cough is still around. It's nothing a cough drop won't put down. The worst part of the entire ordeal was extreme fatigue, and a sharp pain when I coughed that was around for a couple days. I don't know if I pulled a muscle from all the coughing or if it was an inflammation of the lungs etc. It fucking hurt, any time I coughed, sneezed, laughed, etc. For most of the 2 weeks, I spent all day down in my office, either on my computer playing games, watching movies/YouTube, or fucking around on the ham radio. I only went upstairs to get food, and to sleep on the couch at night. It was also pretty hard on the 3 and 6 year old, who are both very attached to me any time they're awake and I'm home. They understood why, but they didn't enjoy having me here 24/7 and not being able to do the things we normally do. Miraculously, neither my wife nor my kids contracted it.

Yesterday I felt great so I went outside and raked the front yard for some exercise for myself and to let the kids have some fun in the pile of leaves. Our house is on an acre, with the front yard being 1/3 or so. I really wish I hadn't. About halfway through I was already done, but I didn't stop. I was worn out for the rest of the day and didn't get off the couch. Not sure how much of it was lingering symptom or if it was the fact that I was basically a sloth for two weeks and shouldn't have jumped in to such a strenuous task on my first day back to manual labor. Heading back to work Monday and purposely had them schedule me light just in case, and we'll see how it goes.

MN and WI are both seeing huge surges, but it got colder a couple weeks ago, and drove everyone inside. I expect it to be much worse before it gets better, but hey. Who cares? I'm immune bitches.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I started Zinc and Vitamin D3 daily almost immediately, took Sambucol Black Elderberry immune supplement, drank a gallon and a half of OJ and occasional Excedrine for headaches. My appetite was normal. I was JK on the bleach injections but I'm neither confirming nor denying lamps to the ass.

Comments

Dan Druff: thanks for the detailed story

gimmick: 8/10 TR
    Last edited by wrenchjockey; 11-08-2020 at 03:42 AM.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too late for wrenchjockey, but Pfizer claims a vaccine they're developing is 90% effective:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/healt...ive/index.html

Huge, if true. But I'm taking these claims with a grain of salt. Remember when llamas were supposed to save us from COVID?

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Interesting this announcement was made the first business day after Biden was announced as the 46th President

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Interesting this announcement was made the first business day after Biden was announced as the 46th President

also interesting that the ex-president tried to strong arm germany into selling the US proprietary rights to any vaccines they create back in spring.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

also interesting that the ex-president tried to strong arm germany into selling the US proprietary rights to any vaccines they create back in spring.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...government-600

The U.S. government will pay the companies $1.95 billion upon the receipt of the first 100 million doses, following FDA authorization or approval. The U.S. government also can acquire up to an additional 500 million doses.

Can you link to what you are referring to?

Comments

sonatine: https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-confirms-that-donald-trump-tried-to-buy-firm-working-on-coronavirus-vaccine/

Load Metric

totally normal response to a plague ending

Thread Information