Page 508 of 946 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,160 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    You’ll be one of them retards pushing in to the front of the queue for Gates’ vaccine no doubt
    Weird that you hate Gates when you love licking windows.
    You love a good old vaccine don’t you Wiganer

What do you like more a trip to Wigan hospital for a vaccine or a smack barm pey wet and babby’s yed chippy tea?

Comments

Wiganer: Haute cuisine

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

What coverup? WHO handed everyone the playbook and relevant information on how to get through this. Month(s) before you did anything. Most countries that followed that playbook did fine. You didn't.

Wanna guess how many countries base policy decisions on month old tweets?
    How about the fact that the WHO parroted China’s claim for months that it reported the existence of the virus to the WHO in late 2019 but just last week the WHO admitted they got the info from Chinese whistleblowers featured on a US website?

How about the BULLSHIT CLAIM that Taiwan tried to warn the WHO about the viruses human to human transmission on Dec. 31st but refused to cooperate with Taiwan for political reasons?

All that should just be ignored cause orangemanbad, right?
    FYP

Also, for Druff: Team Trump completely fucked up it’s handling of the WHO starting some three years ago when it failed to fill an important US official liason position with the WHO until March of this year, and only a few days before it pulled the ridiculous political stunt of dropping out of the WHO and withdrawing financial support. Pure political theatre meant to distract the public from Team Trump’s utter incompetence in leading the US’ response to this COVID pandemic.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

I'm not a fan of de Blasio and Cuomo, their reaction to the entry ban from China was ridiculous, but these are the kind of fat fuck assholes that they have to deal with. Ultimately, Trump is the culprit. He could have nipped the mask issue in the bud by insisting that his supporters wear a mask. Instead, he preferred to polarize the election and make mask wearing a political issue.
    Last edited by JohnCommode; 09-28-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

I'm not a fan of de Blasio and Cuomo, their reaction to the entry ban from China was ridiculous, but these are the kind of fat fuck assholes that they have to deal with. Ultimately, Trump is the culprit. He could have nipped the mask issue in the bud by insisting that his supporters wear a mask. Instead, he preferred to polarize the election and make make mask wearing a political issue.
    Name:  AccomplishedSatisfiedBarracuda-size_restricted (1).gif
Views: 632
Size:  3.02 MB

Comments

JohnCommode: Thank you. It is an honor to be the latest recipient of one trick pony man's generosity

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Coronavirus is like that bully at school if you run from the fear that itself ends up being worse than the beating you catch when it finds you as you’re weak and not ready for it

You know how to deal with bullies, face em with no fear give em it back twice as hard and you’ll be better in the long run

Germs are everywhere there’s nowhere to hide peeps you can wear your masks and bath in sanitizer you’re only prolonging the agony.

Comments

splitthis: Yessssss

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of the best songs ever written

Load Metric
    Hope Hicks got it.

Was on plane and helicopter with dummy this week.

I’m sure they wore masks.

Comments

OSA: party of compassion and empathy folks

TheXFactor: Probably not the first time Hope Hicks tested positive.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Been wondering for awhile how accurate COVID tests are, and if it improved since he spring.

Answer: NO

They still aren't good. Almost no false positives, but plenty of false negatives.

This Harvard webpage from August 10 claims that the better of the two tests could have up to 37% false negatives, and the worse of the tests could have 50% false negatives.

A PFA radio listener who had a fairly bad case and was hospitalized never tested positive, though it was 100% clear he had it.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020081020734

Load Metric
    You just don't want them to stick that long q-tip into the back of your head.

It depends on the type of test and who they go though for testing.

Some COVID-19 tests are more accurate than others.

Load Metric
    Been wondering for awhile how accurate COVID tests are, and if it improved since he spring.

Answer: NO

They still aren't good. Almost no falese positives, but plenty of false t
    Thises Harvard webpage from August 10 claims that the better of the two tests could have up to 37% false negatives, and the worse of the tests could have 50% false negatives.

A PFA radio listener who had a fairly bad case and was hospitalized never tested positive, though it was 100% clear he had it.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020081020734
    Druff, did you have a reading comprehension fail when reading this article? Because about the false negative results, it says...

Most false-positive results are thought to be due to lab contamination or other problems with how the lab has performed the test, not limitations of the test itself.
    Meaning, the *test* per se is not prone to false negatives, but when the lab performing the test is poorly run. That aspect of the test process can be improved to have better performance. It’s not like the test itself has a weak ability to detect the virus. The labs just need to be better run.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, did you have a reading comprehension fail when reading this article? Because about the false negative results, it says...

Most false-positive results are thought to be due to lab contamination or other problems with how the lab has performed the test, not limitations of the test itself.
    Meaning, the *test* per se is not prone to false negatives, but when the lab performing the test is poorly run. That aspect of the test process can be improved to have better performance. It’s not like the test itself has a weak ability to detect the virus. The labs just need to be better run.
    Looks like YOU had the comprehension fail, Mumbles.

You're talking about false positives, which only occur due to lab error.

I'm talking about false negatives, which occur due to deficiencies in the test itself.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

BCR:
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Good info. Hopefully it’s minor and they can progress. Last I looked a month ago, they were among the leaders in progression. Iirc, only GSK and Merck were a step ahead, albeit it’s still early for all these trials.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Looks like YOU had the comprehension fail, Mumbles.

You're talking about false positives, which only occur due to lab error.

I'm talking about false negatives, which occur due to deficiencies in the test itself.
    Name:  DAB2730E-7322-4961-BFD8-7BCA7EE302EA.gif
Views: 341
Size:  299.0 KB

Load Metric
    heard something interesting from a friend who survived a near death covid experience.

the smart money is on cytokine storm therapy, not vaccines. the former keeps people off vents and limits the experience to 3 weeks of feeling supernaturally shitty followed by the brain fog etc at worst. the latter is a fuckin pipe dream and is pretty much in the +3500 range before 2022.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    heard something interesting from a friend who survived a near death covid experience.

the smart money is on cytokine storm therapy, not vaccines. the former keeps people off vents and limits the experience to 3 weeks of feeling supernaturally shitty followed by the brain fog etc at worst. the latter is a fuckin pipe dream and is pretty much in the +3500 range before 2022.

If only someone posted a thread about this, and a company who has something that is already working.

That said I agree with you. The virus is here to stay for another 1-2 years if we learned anything from 1917-18.
    Best way forward is to administer something that will prevent you from dropping dead (along with Prevention/distancing).

Comments

sonatine:

Tellafriend: one time

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

If only someone posted a thread about this, and a company who has something that is already working.

That said I agree with you. The virus is here to stay for another 1-2 years if we learned anything from 1917-18.
    Best way forward is to administer something that will prevent you from dropping dead (along with Prevention/distancing).
    100%.

Was it telling that Eric Trump didn’t know the difference between therapeutics and vaccine? In his own father for chrisssake. Is this a public perception and why vaccine a priority in the daily conversation?

The market goes up and down on vaccine news regardless. It’s therapeutics and testing that matter. Testing is a distant third in public interest. The list is inverted. Testing, therapeutics and then vaccines.

I wouldn’t take the first generation of vaccines anyway. I’d wait for second generation. Your odds of prevention prolly not so swell anyway with the first attempt.

We will be wearing masks for years.

Load Metric
    It’s because the economy wasn’t going to rebound on a Therapy. If they find something that stops you from dropping dead it’s not going to help the movie theater owner, and by extension the presidents reelection.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It’s because the economy wasn’t going to rebound on a Therapy. If they find something that stops you from dropping dead it’s not going to help the movie theater owner, and by extension the presidents reelection.
    It’s reality though. I’m going to assume you are describing the appeal of vaccines.

I’m NOT dropping dead if therapeutics. My fear is greatly lessened. Even Druff might go out. Vaccine is likely not a guarantee if it ever happens

If employers required regular testing a lot of your theater goers now know they are sick and unless they are assholes or Republicans they stay home. Current testing is prohibitive and not highly developed.

I would love to tell my customers my employees have tested safe.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-13-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Thread Information