Page 488 of 946 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

You can be both nowadays, ask Trump. It’s interesting that picture bothers you yet you like Trump.

You realize Fauci and his family are receiving death threats right? Spithis’ crazy ass even wants him dead. The dude is just asking us to wear masks and act like the rest of the world. Why all the hate? He gives his opinion and our country doesn’t listen anyway. Rest of the world was watching rioting, Sturgis and our death toll and genuinely scratching their heads what the hell we are thinking.

Fauci is a piece of shit, paid for by dems to try to sabotage Trump's reelection.
    What are they paying him to do exactly?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

I don’t think it’s a hoax made up by Fauci, who thinks that?

For starters, I think he’s a liberal Washington swamp monster bureaucrat overly enjoying his moment in the sun. He’s a useful idiot to help take down the Trump administration.

Doesn’t a picture like this during a pandemic in which people are dying and you are pushing lockdown policies that are crushing people financially, emotionally and mentally pretty sick?:

https://twitter.com/DavidBozell/status/1289228366218842113

Is he a celebrity or a doctor?
    You can be both nowadays, ask Trump. It’s interesting that picture bothers you yet you like Trump.

You realize Fauci and his family are receiving death threats right? Spithis’ crazy ass even wants him dead. The dude is just asking us to wear masks and act like the rest of the world. Why all the hate? He gives his opinion and our country doesn’t listen anyway. Rest of the world was watching rioting, Sturgis and our death toll and genuinely scratching their heads what the hell we are thinking.
    You’re really gonna deflect with orangemanbad here? In the words of Joe Biden “c’mon man”.

I don’t buy he’s getting death threats. I think Fauci is a drama queen and now he’s playing victim because media outlets on the right are giving him bad press.

The problem is he isn’t just asking we all wear masks. In fact he lied to the public at the outset regarding masks and anyway you justify it, he lied to the public.

He pushed lockdowns too cavalierly with no scientific evidence that they actually work and was pretty dismissive of the negative societal effects. He soaked up the media attention at every opportunity enjoying his newfound celebrity status and never-ending praise from the #TheResistance as more bad news from Fauci was good news for Democrats in their war against Trump.

I’m sorry but not liking Fauci does not make you a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.

Load Metric
    new strain in the malaysia, 10x more infectious.

just in time for the shift to cooler weather.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't hate Fauci, nor do I believe in any of the conspiracies against him.

I do think that he hasn't given us very much useful information, and it seems he usually advoates the most generic, non-controversial positions.

I think some of the problem is that he's 79 years old. He is still sharp for someone of that age, but the bottom line is that he's 79. Almost everyone has experienced some degree of mental decline by that age -- even if not outwardly apparent.

This is one of several reasons why I really avoid going to doctors over 65. Older doctors also tend to be very set in their ways, and are typically unwilling to engage in out-of-the-box thinking. Since the coronavirus is so new and different from anything we've ever seen, this is when we do need out-of-the-box thinking, and less generic, cookie-cutter advice.

In short, if we could transport 1980 Dr. Fauci to today, I think we'd see a much more proactive attempt to really dig in and figure things out. He did some great work in his younger years. Today, I'd like to see this in the hands of a doctor more around my age.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I do think that he hasn't given us very much useful information, and it seems he usually advoates the most generic, non-controversial positions.

I think some of the problem is that he's 79 years old. He is still sharp for someone of that age, but the bottom line is that he's 79. Almost everyone has experienced some degree of mental decline by that age -- even if not outwardly apparent.

This is one of several reasons why I really avoid going to doctors over 65. Older doctors also tend to be very set in their ways, and are typically unwilling to engage in out-of-the-box thinking. Since the coronavirus is so new and different from anything we've ever seen, this is when we do need out-of-the-box thinking, and less generic, cookie-cutter advice.

In short, if we could transport 1980 Dr. Fauci to today, I think we'd see a much more proactive attempt to really dig in and figure things out. He did some great work in his younger years. Today, I'd like to see this in the hands of a doctor more around my age.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric

If he were any more proactive he would've been gone in Feb when Trump was claiming the whole thing was a democratic hoax that would go away with the warm weather literally seconds after Faucci got done telling to take it seriously and be prepared bc it could get much worse.

I miss the old druff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Gyms finally opening up, at 33% capacity though, after 1200 of them sued Cuomo the meatball.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/n...reopening.html

I hope gyms fuck with the occupancy numbers. I know the first day back, the Equinox app will crash and there's going to be a bunch of unhappy people.

Since were at 33% capacity, do I get to pay 33% of my membership?
    No. Bout time that ahole was sued. Gyms have been open here for months and no issues or rampant spreading of the hoax virus. Lol. Recently noticing many more people coming, more are tired of the hoax.

More need to force normal life, this bullshit has gone on way too long.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

You missed the point, if money was important to Fauci he would have left government to work for big pharma long ago where the pay is infinitely better.

The other point is, if you think it’s a hoax made up by Fauci then why is the rest of the world more scared then we are? They don’t give a shit about our election and have no clue who Fauci is.
    I don’t think it’s a hoax made up by Fauci, who thinks that?

For starters, I think he’s a liberal Washington swamp monster bureaucrat overly enjoying his moment in the sun. He’s a useful idiot to help take down the Trump administration.

Doesn’t a picture like this during a pandemic in which people are dying and you are pushing lockdown policies that are crushing people financially, emotionally and mentally pretty sick?:

https://twitter.com/DavidBozell/status/1289228366218842113

Is he a celebrity or a doctor?
    He is a criminal.

Comments

TheXFactor: He is a genius and you are a fucking IDIOT.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    new strain in the malaysia, 10x more infectious.

just in time for the shift to cooler weather.
    I recommend digging a tunnel to hide from it.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Since Bill Gates can't inject us with trackers, he's trying to buy tiktok for contact tracing!

Sad! Say no to Bill Gates!

Load Metric
    i think we need to discuss the fact that sweden went the herd immunity route early on and now barely anyone is dying from it there.

i realize we are a much more obese society, but still.

something to consider

Comments

BiffCo99: Needs to be discussed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i think we need to discuss the fact that sweden went the herd immunity route early on and now barely anyone is dying from it there.

something to consider
    NO, YOU SHUT UP! YOU PUT ON YOUR MASK, VOTE BY MAIL AND KEEP YOUR KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL OR ELSE WE'LL GASLIGHT YOU INTO CONFORMING

Load Metric

something to consider
    Was the way to go long ago.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

something to consider

They have 7-10 as many deaths compared to Norway or Finland. Sweden benefited from everyone around them and everyone around them suffered from Sweden's decisions. You can imagine how this would have played out if China decided to go with herd immunity route.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Ditto

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

something to consider

They have 7-10 as many deaths compared to Norway or Finland. Sweden benefited from everyone around them and everyone around them suffered from Sweden's decisions. You can imagine how this would have played out if China decided to go with herd immunity route.
    don't you ever get tired of just towing the mainstream narrative? give it a rest dude

Comments

1marley1: Stupid fucking idiot

Load Metric

something to consider
    Sweden have 5,700 deaths and only have a population of 10 million.

Their death rate is 10x higher then Finland and Norway.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sweden daily deaths.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  21.5 KB

USA Daily deaths

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  21.3 KB

Three options

1. close everything down, no one leaves their house for weeks.
    2. do nothing and let the virus do what it does.
    3. kind of close and reopen infinite times.

One of these options is far worst than the other 2 IMO.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

something to consider
    Sweden have 5,700 deaths and only have a population of 10 million.

Their death rate is 10x higher then Finland and Norway.
    Only time will tell if the other countries get a big second surge and Swedan doesn't. Also, I haven't looked at it but is Sweden's economy doing better than the others? Will be interesting to see the studies in a couple years when all this plays out.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

something to consider

The one mistake Sweden made was it failed to protect nursing homes early enough. They pulled a Cuomo early on and it cost them. Without that their numbers would have been better.

They also lost a big chunk of lives in their migrant community and studies have shown the disease affects people with darker skin more adversely. The stats in the US back this up.

It will be interesting to see if other Nordic countries that locked down lack the herd immunity that Sweden may have achieved and if they’ll experience another wave of infections once the world fully opens and international travel resumes. I think it’s too early in the global course of the disease for any country to claim victories yet but I suspect when it all washes out Sweden will be close to par with other countries in terms of deaths.

Even so, comparing countries is not always apples to apples as many factors can affect case and death numbers.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

If he were any more proactive he would've been gone in Feb when Trump was claiming the whole thing was a democratic hoax that would go away with the warm weather literally seconds after Faucci got done telling to take it seriously and be prepared bc it could get much worse.

I miss the old druff.
    https://twitter.com/MarkSimoneNY/status/1249682374050406411

Thread Information