Page 452 of 947 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post

I just keep waiting for this Fembot’s battery to malfunction. Must be energizer.
    How hard would you smash, on a scale from V8 piston to meteor impact?
    My back would be out for a week or so at a minimum.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Remember the frog in the boiling pot? If you heat up the pot slowly enough, the frog will never notice that he's being made into a stew and jump out of the pot.

Imagine on Jan 19th, 2017 you had the opportunity to glimpse into June/July 2020. Just how decoupled from sanity and civility we’ve become. You have to take a step back to fully appreciate how close to complete anarchy we’ve gotten. You get slowly inured to the stupidity.

The Governor of Georgia is suing the Mayor of Atlanta over masks in a state that is, and has been for some time, a complete shit show.

I am seriously considering adopting a “Let It Burn” attitude. If I didn’t have family, friends a business or conscience - if I was 24 I would say, “fuck ‘em”. Fire Fauci and let’s get down. I’m still young at heart so I kinda want to see the fall.

I can say that from the comfort of Mass. I get it. I’m sure I’ll feel different in late October.

Load Metric
    Over 75,000 new cases and nearly 1,000 new deaths again yesterday.

Over 1 million jobless claims every week for 17 straight weeks.

USA the laughingstock of the world.

Thanks Trump!

Comments

splitthis: Idiot

TheXFactor: Thanks, Trump.

FRANKRIZZO: trump rep

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    I personally find it interesting that this Coronavirus thread was started on January 24th. I didn't even KNOW what Coronavirus was until like February 5 when someone on a Gambling Website said something like,"Minimum wage Employees are preparing food for buffets with their Coronavirus infected hands! Enjoy your Coronavirus laced food, idiots still eating at Buffets!" I remember thinking,"Coronavirus? Does he mean Norovirus?" Later on Google, I saw that same unheard of to me before that day word was Trending on Google and I found out it was a lot worse than The Norovirus! O.O
    Coronavirus was making global headlines last December when it was just China's problem.

I remember someone on the internet saying something like,"When Coronavirus was just in China, I LAUGHED at China and said," LOL. China should stop eating bats! Now they have a huge Endemic!" Now that it's in the US, I am furious and want to kick China's ass for causing The Coronavirus!"

Another Person on the internet said something like,"When Coronavirus first broke out in China I thought,"Its only 100 Coronavirus cases in China which is in a different Continent on the other side of the world! It's not US Problem! It's a Problem VERY far away from us. Meh! We're good!" Now that it's now in the US, I am very scared!"

Silver
    Load Metric
    San fun fact she’s actually married to journeyman reliever Sean Gilmartin. He’s a former first rd draft pick and top Braves prospect and pitched a full season for the Mets back in 2015. Since then he’s bounced around in the minors and had a few more cups of coffee. He’s currently in the Rays farm system as a 30 year old.

They started dating when he was pitching for the Mets in 2015 and I can’t help but wonder what it’s been like to transition from being the celebrity in a marriage to now being the husband to the celebrity in the marriage. And also what it’s like to be married to someone who is so polarizing when your a professional baseball player.

Im sure Mulva remembers him from his time with the Mets.

Comments

gut: didnt know

Load Metric
    Sorry but if you or your son get the coronavirus and die, it is because they are weak. - splitthis
    LOL.

Former game show host deactivates Twitter account after his son contracts Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/us/ch...-19/index.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

Coronavirus was making global headlines last December when it was just China's problem.

I remember someone on the internet saying something like,"When Coronavirus was just in China, I LAUGHED at China and said," LOL. China should stop eating bats! Now they have a huge Endemic!" Now that it's in the US, I am furious and want to kick China's ass for causing The Coronavirus!"

Another Person on the internet said something like,"When Coronavirus first broke out in China I thought,"Its only 100 Coronavirus cases in China which is in a different Continent on the other side of the world! It's not US Problem! It's a Problem VERY far away from us. Meh! We're good!" Now that it's now in the US, I am very scared!"
    I remember when dupes used to be funny.

Comments

nightmarefish: Seriously the worst fuckin dupe ever.

Cubic Zirconia Morgan Freeman's Voice's Avatar
    Load Metric

Walter did not, in fact, remember when dupes used to be funny.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Waiting over 2 years to break out the dupe rep

nunbeater: I read this in Freeman's voice

Walter Sobchak: green train

1marley1: How’d he do that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman's Voice View Post

Walter did not, in fact, remember when dupes used to be funny.
    There we go.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    analysis proposes that COVID19 (SARSCoV2) leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology which was studying tissues from miners who died in 2012 in a novel coronavirus outbreak. The analysts call it the Mojiang Miners Passaging theory

https://www.independentsciencenews.o...d-19-pandemic/

Comments

Sanlmar: Kendall Square rep
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    honestly, seems reasonable.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    LOL, now these junk scientists are blaming gastric distress as being a symptom of Covid-19. This is absolute nonsensical junk science. You cannot identify a variant of a viral pathogen based on reported symptoms. You have to perform tests under an electron microscope to determine if a pathogen has mutated into different strains. Gastric distress is NOT a symptom of a respiratory parasite. Where did these "scientists" get their education in immunology - clown college?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: go teach them the way of the plumber

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric
    WTF

85 infants under age 1 tested positive for coronavirus in one Texas county

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/18/h...rnd/index.html

Comments

splitthis: So what

Load Metric
    before the local idiots jump in saying it doesn't hurt babies and young people

read this

I can't shake Covid-19: Warnings from young survivors still suffering

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/18/h...ess/index.html
    Daniel Green is still hobbled by the severe viral infection that struck him in March and left him coughing up blood.

Three months ago, the 28-year-old postdoctoral research associate from Newcastle, United Kingdom, was on the road with friends in a band as they toured venues in the French Alps.
    He came down with Covid-19 symptoms, and like many coronavirus patients, spent weeks in bed.
    Unlike other people, however, Green's life hasn't returned to normal.
    "Since then it's been on and off with extreme tiredness and fatigue," he said.
    Every day he has brain fog, difficulty concentrating and problems with short-term memory that make reading, writing and speaking harder.
    "Breathing has been very difficult," he said. "I don't feel like I have my full breath capacity. If I go for a walk for one minute, I'll be really exhausted."
    The profound mark the disease has made on Green's life isn't uncommon.
    "About 80% are going to experience a mild or asymptomatic version of Covid. It's the other 20% that we're worried about," said Dr. Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner, a professor of medicine at the University of Texas McGovern Medical School.
    "One out of five patients are going to get a severe form of the disease."

Some young people are not getting better
    As case counts among young people rise, Green and others in their 20s want to share stories of the wreckage Covid-19 has wrought in their lives.
    Those patients can potentially experience permanent lung damage, including scarring and reduced lower respiratory capacity.
    "The thing that we don't yet fully appreciate is what happens when you get infected, and you get serious disease, and you recover?" said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, at the BIO International Convention in June.
    "We don't know the extent of full recovery or partial recovery, so there's a lot we need to learn," he said.
    Young people, who are less likely to die from coronavirus than their grandparents, are an important target of those lessons.
    Whether they contracted the virus among the snow-capped peaks of the Alps or in the heart of the outbreak in New York City's borough of Queens, some 20-somethings are getting sick from Covid-19. And staying sick.
    Their stories are a warning from millennials to millennials: Don't play the odds with coronavirus because this disease could permanently damage your body.
    "What I like to tell my students and patients is that this is a lottery you do not want to win," said Ostrosky-Zeichner.

Load Metric
    splitthis: So what

You've become quite the pig.
    Last edited by big dick; 07-18-2020 at 03:31 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    before the local idiots jump in saying it doesn't hurt babies and young people

read this

I can't shake Covid-19: Warnings from young survivors still suffering

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/18/h...ess/index.html
    Daniel Green is still hobbled by the severe viral infection that struck him in March and left him coughing up blood.

Three months ago, the 28-year-old postdoctoral research associate from Newcastle, United Kingdom, was on the road with friends in a band as they toured venues in the French Alps.
    He came down with Covid-19 symptoms, and like many coronavirus patients, spent weeks in bed.
    Unlike other people, however, Green's life hasn't returned to normal.
    "Since then it's been on and off with extreme tiredness and fatigue," he said.
    Every day he has brain fog, difficulty concentrating and problems with short-term memory that make reading, writing and speaking harder.
    "Breathing has been very difficult," he said. "I don't feel like I have my full breath capacity. If I go for a walk for one minute, I'll be really exhausted."
    The profound mark the disease has made on Green's life isn't uncommon.
    "About 80% are going to experience a mild or asymptomatic version of Covid. It's the other 20% that we're worried about," said Dr. Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner, a professor of medicine at the University of Texas McGovern Medical School.
    "One out of five patients are going to get a severe form of the disease."

Some young people are not getting better
    As case counts among young people rise, Green and others in their 20s want to share stories of the wreckage Covid-19 has wrought in their lives.
    Those patients can potentially experience permanent lung damage, including scarring and reduced lower respiratory capacity.
    "The thing that we don't yet fully appreciate is what happens when you get infected, and you get serious disease, and you recover?" said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, at the BIO International Convention in June.
    "We don't know the extent of full recovery or partial recovery, so there's a lot we need to learn," he said.
    Young people, who are less likely to die from coronavirus than their grandparents, are an important target of those lessons.
    Whether they contracted the virus among the snow-capped peaks of the Alps or in the heart of the outbreak in New York City's borough of Queens, some 20-somethings are getting sick from Covid-19. And staying sick.
    Their stories are a warning from millennials to millennials: Don't play the odds with coronavirus because this disease could permanently damage your body.
    "What I like to tell my students and patients is that this is a lottery you do not want to win," said Ostrosky-Zeichner.
    THAT SUCKS FOR HIM. I FEEL GREAT.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: But you're a huge asshole

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    San fun fact she’s actually married to journeyman reliever Sean Gilmartin. He’s a former first rd draft pick and top Braves prospect and pitched a full season for the Mets back in 2015. Since then he’s bounced around in the minors and had a few more cups of coffee. He’s currently in the Rays farm system as a 30 year old.

They started dating when he was pitching for the Mets in 2015 and I can’t help but wonder what it’s been like to transition from being the celebrity in a marriage to now being the husband to the celebrity in the marriage. And also what it’s like to be married to someone who is so polarizing when your a professional baseball player.

Im sure Mulva remembers him from his time with the Mets.

Lol, reminds me of Christian & Sam Ponder. When they got married he was QB for the Vikings (shuddering at the memories*) and she was just doing sideline work on ESPN. The celeb status there has completely 180'd. Gotta be a bit emasculating to be an NFL bust, and now your wife hosts NFL Countdown on ESPN.

Name:  20130822__130825ponders-jp.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  80.5 KB

Comments

Sheesfaced: Good call

Platinum
    Load Metric

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: lol

Sanlmar: Handful of croutons. Lol

gimmick:

Thread Information