Page 415 of 946 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515915 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 18918

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Why? Because they're relatively young. The chick who had the birthday party was 40 (presumably that's why she wanted to celebrate, since it was a big birthday), but the other two look younger than that, and I presume the other 13 are also mostly (or all) under 40. (The 40-year-old was one of the people to get the flu-like symptoms.)
    It’s only tangentially relevant to the discussion at best but the fact that you assume someone celebrating turning 40 is joined by 16 of their friends who mostly (or all!) happen to be under 40 to help make your point is ridiculous. It’s on brand for you to make giant assumptions based on little information (bonus points here by basing it on females looks!). Again it’s not really relevant and I’m not commenting on the actual subject matter just calling attention to something you regularly do that’s completely unnecessary and distracts from the larger discussion.

If anything assuming this person just happens to be the oldest of their 17 friends based on judging two of their friends looks weakens your argument. If you assume instead they probably fall somewhere in the middle of the distribution curve of age range it just illustrates that people near age 40+ (instead of arbitrary cutoff of 39 and under) are at little risk of serious complications from Covid.

I was basing it upon Cuomo saying something about how everyone's fortunate they didn't experience it as badly as he did, but that all of them are young.

I assumed Cuomo knew that everyone involved was a good deal younger than him (he's 49).

Load Metric
    People need to come to grips there may never be a vaccine. When I was in college in the 90s, the AIDS vaccine was just around the corner, never happened. But we got drugs now that keep people alive, I mean look at Magic Johnson, he will kick it from the corona before AIDS ever gets him, he looks like he is 300 lbs. While I chided Druff a couple months ago, I agree now we probably will lose a half million to this, we have so many fucking fat people in this country we are due a cleansing. I don't care what anyone says on this forum, this thing is targeting two classes: elderly and obese. LOL at people ragging me about the Weight Watchers app earlier. It's an app that costs $9 a month and tracks points, weight will fly off, its not like sitting in a room with a bunch of fat woman talking about urges about devouring a bag of Doritos. If you are overweight I suggest trying it or take your chances with a ventilator. I lost 15 and down to my college weight. I just keep winning, and winning and winning.

Comments

Sheesfaced: tgunn is a winner

Muck Ficon: LOL

Walter Sobchak: here, win some more

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    People need to come to grips there may never be a vaccine. When I was in college in the 90s, the AIDS vaccine was just around the corner, never happened. But we got drugs now that keep people alive, I mean look at Magic Johnson, he will kick it from the corona before AIDS ever gets him, he looks like he is 300 lbs. While I chided Druff a couple months ago, I agree now we probably will lose a half million to this, we have so many fucking fat people in this country we are due a cleansing. I don't care what anyone says on this forum, this thing is targeting two classes: elderly and obese. LOL at people ragging me about the Weight Watchers app earlier. It's an app that costs $9 a month and tracks points, weight will fly off, its not like sitting in a room with a bunch of fat woman talking about urges about devouring a bag of Doritos. If you are overweight I suggest trying it or take your chances with a ventilator. I lost 15 and down to my college weight. I just keep winning, and winning and winning.
    Except on horses.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: GOT HIM

Load Metric
    the general scientific consensus is that the highest risk of infection comes from 'recycling' air from infected people near you.

the best example is the choir. deep breathing of infected air into lungs over and over.

also recent situation at bar, 16 friends go drinking, 16 friends get sick. stale dead air, laughing into each others faces, so on.

outdoors infections so far are not high on the risk list. lots of air movement / wind, lots of moving around.

just kinda spitballing here but if i had to gauge risk:

bars: 10/10

classrooms: 8/10

indoor rallys: 7/10

beaches / protests: 3/10

interesting story out there about a woman who was c19+ and had to stay home to take care of her sick mother. she washed her hands a lot and wore a mask. no one else in the apartment infected.
    Last edited by sonatine; 06-17-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the general scientific consensus is that the highest risk of infection comes from 'recycling' air from infected people near you.

the best example is the choir. deep breathing of infected air into lungs over and over.

also recent situation at bar, 16 friends go drinking, 16 friends get sick. stale dead air, laughing into each others faces, so on.

outdoors infections so far are not high on the risk list. lots of air movement / wind, lots of moving around.

interesting story out there about a woman who was c19+ and had to stay home to take care of her sick mother. she washed her hands a lot and wore a mask. no one else in the apartment infected.
    You ever see Escape from New York? Thinking we just need to find a random city and drop off corona patients there. Thinking Portland on the West Coast and New Orleans on the East Coast since both cities effectively are terrible. People will start warming to the wall I guarantee you that.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: what a dick

Silver
    Load Metric

You ever see Escape from New York? Thinking we just need to find a random city and drop off corona patients there. Thinking Portland on the West Coast and New Orleans on the East Coast since both cities effectively are terrible. People will start warming to the wall I guarantee you that.
    Tgunn buddy you’re doing N’awlins wrong if you think it’s terrible. Mind you I’d never want to live there but it’s a great place to visit; especially for someone like you who eats seafood all the time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

OSA buying @ Dicks is good comedy material

And I'm only buying a treadmill to continue the supply of dicks to my mouth.

Its like dick inception
    Only to your mouth?

Comments

OSA: nice

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Did you learn at your fancy NE school that New Orleans is on the east coast?

Must be the same place that taught Trump that Kansas City is in Kansas.

Load Metric
    Just send all the infected people to L.A.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

Tgunn buddy you’re doing N’awlins wrong if you think it’s terrible. Mind you I’d never want to live there but it’s a great place to visit; especially for someone like you who eats seafood all the time.
    Yeah you are right. Let's shift the quarantine to Syracuse. Place is a dump, nothing going on there. I almost got stabbed there years ago.

Comments

big dick: TGUNN

Load Metric
    Fucking TGUNN

Rolls of the tongue well

Last edited by big dick; 06-17-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Another day another spike in red state cases.

LOL everyone saying nursing homes accounts for it. One that's not true and two, people in nursing homes don't count all of a sudden?

OLD WHITE LIVES MATTER

Load Metric
    How does this differ from a normal day in that shithole? Sincere question.

Load Metric
    OLM

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m curious druff. if you had a free roll 10k bet you had to place right now. All same odds.
    Week starting Monday June 15. Average deaths per day over next 7 days
    0-1250
    1251-2500
    2501-3750 x
    3751-5000
    5001+

What bet do you place? Just genuinely curious how you see this playing out?

I put x by what I’d bet. It is trending down, but won’t be low when it starts to trend up imo

I could be early. Might be a week or two later, but I’ll leave it
    I would bet on 1251-2500.

Deaths lag behind cases by about 2-3 weeks. I don't think we will see the spikes to a huge extreme because people will still be social distancing and cautious for the most part.

I told tgull I hoped he was right and I’d bump my prediction if I was wrong. Clearly I’m wrong by a long way. Much better than I expected. I don’t consider it over, and think we will probably get hit again in fall, but the opening imo, wasn’t a mistake, and I was wrong about that. We still have a lot of cases circulating, but not nearly the deaths and most seem to be a product of increased testing. I hope it stays that way. I find it inexplicable to be honest when I see ERs filled in Arizona. If it was heat, you wouldn’t expect that. Clearly there is something we don’t get, but I am happy to be wrong

Load Metric
    The deaths lag behind a few weeks right?

Idk if you heard or not but it isnt tgull anymore its TGUNN

Load Metric
    At least, but we’ve had pretty consistent cases for the last month. We are still getting many cases, but clearly the positives aren’t all ER cases where someone is imminently going to die like before. Each 7 day rolling deaths has decreased. I don’t think it’s gone or anything, but it’s clearly a fraction of what I thought it would be. It was still 40-50 degrees when stuff opened many places. I have no idea why it didn’t spike?

Load Metric
    I think it might. I'm just hoping that it is a weaker strain or some shit and none of these states get blasted like NYC did

Ten states saw a record number of new Covid-19 cases this week, and one of them could be the next epicenter of the pandemic.

Florida has "all the markings of the next large epicenter of coronavirus transmission," and risks being the "worst it has ever been," according to Wednesday's projections from a model put together by a team of scientists at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania.
    The state joins nine others -- Alabama, Arizona, California, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina and Texas -- that are seeing record-high seven-day averages of new coronavirus cases per day, according to a CNN analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.
    Twenty-one states are seeing an upward trend in new coronavirus cases and health experts continue to stress the importance of taking precautions to mitigate the virus's spread. Despite the rising number of cases, the White House has downplayed the risks, with President Donald Trump saying in an interview with Gray TV on Wednesday that the virus is "dying out."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/us/us...day/index.html

Load Metric
    16 people walk into a bar...all 16 people get infected with coronavirus.

More people are getting infected with coronavirus in the United States but a lesser percentage of people are dying from it right now.

Thread Information