Page 407 of 947 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507907 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    are we not going to talk about the fact that all the people in charge of determining shit like that in a timely fashion got fired by bolton?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

We must always listen to the scientists Blake. Questioning them is absurd.
    I was completely baffled by that article until I read a few articles.

It was more a reclassification of many asymptomatic people into the classification of mild disease. Mild disease spreads. Truly asymptomatic do not.

From what I took from the different articles I read, it said when they talked to people listed as asymptomatic, that most didn’t have a fever or persistent cough, but they had been mildly sick.

They said they think there is far less completely asymptotic people than previously thought, and through contact tracing in these other countries they were finding those that were fully asymptomatic weren’t spreading it at all, but there was far fewer of those than they believed before.

I don’t know what it means for prevention. The people with mild symptoms are still going to be walking around thinking they just have allergies or something mild because they don’t have a fever or a persistent cough. So basically it’s now we have this small group of truly asymptomatic people and they don’t spread, but mild cases we before labeled asymptomatic. do spread. I don’t know what to take from that other than far fewer people dodged it completely even if young. But they likely won’t view it as Covid. Don’t know how that helps.
    Only thing that makes sense is to open the country up and protect the nursing homes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I have a buddy, 49, who got it in January and his lungs still feel like he has pneumonia.

He was just tested and he doesn’t have it now.

He’s seeing a doctor and I don’t pry but his lungs are prolly damaged. This sucks for him.

COVID isn’t a binary issue. You sound like split or tgull here. .

Now maybe the virus strength is waning. This notion interests me. He was one of the early adopters
    I know druff has mentioned it, and that sentence was in acknowledgement that he has said that, because until your account of it, I had heard only vague mentions of it outside druff.

Any survivor account, and I read some harrowing ones, were about how bad it was during, a slow return to normal accompanied by exhaustion, but I haven’t heard or read of anyone actually dealing with it. I hope your buddy returns to normal.

Clearly I’ve taken this seriously always, and I don’t discount the hellish nature of the ordeal. I had trouble breathing for six months back when I got sick. Not that drowning they describe, more like a six month long asthma attack. I’m not handwaving away lung damage, I just had thought it was more theoretical or a concern rather than a prevalent after effect.
    There's real concern that there's lung damage which the COVID recoverer isn't even aware he has, unlike Sanlmar's friend who can actually feel it.

There are two COVID issues which aren't being taken seriously enough, and those are:

1) The likelihood of lung or other organ damage for those who have severe symptoms or worse (as defined by my definitions in my post on the previous page)

2) The huge difference in likelihood of getting severe symptoms for the 45-60 crowd versus the 25-35 crowd

Both of these apply to the middle-age and late-middle-age demographic, which is much of this forum.

Everyone just talks about death rates, and that's that. Because middle-aged people have a low death rate, COVID is seen as only being dangerous to old people or those with major preexisting conditions. From what I've seen, it's not true. Someone in their late 40s seems FAR more vulnerable to a hellish experience and permanent damage than someone who is 33.

At the same time, they're still scaremongering the young people, who are mostly pretty safe from this, and also aren't likely to have a terrible experience symptom-wise.

We have this odd contradiction where the young people are being brainwashed to take this far more seriously than they actually need to, whereas the true danger to middle-aged people is being played down. As I've said before, I think that this is being done at the government/media levels, where they're afraid to make too many age-related distinctions if they want everyone to take it seriously.

Load Metric
    Lol should have been 2 months ago, talking y’all stupids into protecting others was lol still wearing useless masks is funny and I laugh at them everywhere. Fucking stupid idiot sheep.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    are we not going to talk about the fact that all the people in charge of determining shit like that in a timely fashion got fired by bolton?
    No, we're not, because that's not what's happening.

That would explain why we didn't get this information at the early stages. That wouldn't explain why we don't have it 4 months into the whole mess.

They're covering it up on purpose. My last post has a theory as to why, but that's just a guess. But I know that this is being hidden for some sort of purpose, maybe even a stupid idea that it's for our own good (such as to prevent young people from acting careless).

Comments

splitthis: They are all liars, fauci is a criminal and you all fell for their shit

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    No, we're not, because that's not what's happening.

That would explain why we didn't get this information at the early stages. That wouldn't explain why we don't have it 4 months into the whole mess.

They're covering it up on purpose. My last post has a theory as to why, but that's just a guess. But I know that this is being hidden for some sort of purpose, maybe even a stupid idea that it's for our own good (such as to prevent young people from acting careless).
    Notice how atine avoids putting any blame on Fauci, he wasn't fired by Bolton.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The "asymptomatic people don't infect anyone" thing, if true, would be GREAT news for Vegas, as that is their biggest potential problem with reopening.

If they're just vigilant with kicking people out who show any sign of illness, they can keep the places safer than I would have otherwise expected, especially if it doesn't transmit on surfaces easily.

It would also explain why they're having a hard time coming up with cases of kids infecting adults, because kids are usually asymptomatic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The CDC/WHO/whoever should also adopt The Druff Scale for classifying COVID illess (see previous page), because their current system of describing levels of symptoms is too broad.

At the moment, it's classified as "asymptomatic", "mild-to-moderate", "severe", and "critical". That's it. The problem is that what they call "mild-to-moderate" catches the entire rage of barely feeling anything to debilitating illness where you can't stand up. "Severe" is breathing problems, and then they jump to critical which means near death.

My scale has their "mild-to-moderate" separated into three levels -- mild, moderate, and severe -- and their version of "severe" is what I call "very severe".

The big problem with their system is that "mild-to-moderate" catches both the people who barely feel anything and the people who have a hellish experience and get lung damage. You can't lump those people together.

LOL government agencies

Load Metric
    You guys think we're past the virus now?

Better days ahead?

Load Metric

I was completely baffled by that article until I read a few articles.

It was more a reclassification of many asymptomatic people into the classification of mild disease. Mild disease spreads. Truly asymptomatic do not.

From what I took from the different articles I read, it said when they talked to people listed as asymptomatic, that most didn’t have a fever or persistent cough, but they had been mildly sick.

They said they think there is far less completely asymptotic people than previously thought, and through contact tracing in these other countries they were finding those that were fully asymptomatic weren’t spreading it at all, but there was far fewer of those than they believed before.

I don’t know what it means for prevention. The people with mild symptoms are still going to be walking around thinking they just have allergies or something mild because they don’t have a fever or a persistent cough. So basically it’s now we have this small group of truly asymptomatic people and they don’t spread, but mild cases we before labeled asymptomatic. do spread. I don’t know what to take from that other than far fewer people dodged it completely even if young. But they likely won’t view it as Covid. Don’t know how that helps.
    Only thing that makes sense is to open the country up and protect the nursing homes.
    We opened even the nursing home to visitors today. Here, I think that was the last of everything. I don’t know anything left that’s closed by mandate. Some places haven’t opened by choice. I know was are in different stages different places.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Better days ahead?

only for brave patriots like trump voters. they are weirdly immune, and should definitely start sweating and breathing on each other.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Better days ahead?
    I think if we don’t get a spike in the next 10 days we are likely past the worst of it for the summer. That may still by 500 deaths a day which is still worse than any flu season ever in the middle of summer, but we could go lower. than that. I have no strong opinion. I assumed we’d have 3500 deaths next week with with weather in 50 when we opened and was clearly wrong. I’m starting to think sunlight trumps temp.

I have no real idea. I’d probably bet on bad fall or winter, but I have no idea. I’m living life as normal short of idiocy. I wouldn’t eat in a sit down restaurant. I’m dining outside. I’m golfing. I’ll give gym one more week and then go back. That will be riskier than restaurant, but I enjoy it more and don’t care about sitting inside to eat with everywhere having expanded outside dining. I won’t attend a concert unless on the lawn. I still keep my distance but I always do that.

Load Metric

We opened even the nursing home to visitors today. Here, I think that was the last of everything. I don’t know anything left that’s closed by mandate. Some places haven’t opened by choice. I know was are in different stages different places.
    I went to a restaurant today and while you could not sit at the bar, the bar area was open. I got a plate of chicken wings and a tall Bud Light. Felt good. I travel next week for a few days, not really concerned. Was supposed to leaved today, something about protests pushed it back a week. Marriott Courtyard where I am staying emailed a nice note saying how they disinfect everything, I really did not get by the first sentence, I mean how the fuck could they ever verify that any maid is going to do a deep clean. Honestly I am more concerned about the haircut I am getting tomorrow, guy breathing on me like those paper masks work. But I need to get that annoying neck hair removed.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you are an annoying neck hair

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

I went to a restaurant today and while you could not sit at the bar, the bar area was open. I got a plate of chicken wings and a tall Bud Light. Felt good. I travel next week for a few days, not really concerned. Was supposed to leaved today, something about protests pushed it back a week. Marriott Courtyard where I am staying emailed a nice note saying how they disinfect everything, I really did not get by the first sentence, I mean how the fuck could they ever verify that any maid is going to do a deep clean. Honestly I am more concerned about the haircut I am getting tomorrow, guy breathing on me like those paper masks work. But I need to get that annoying neck hair removed.
    I stayed at a Marriott courtyard the Sunday before last. I’m alive and no cough. You’ll be fine. Airplane would make me a little sketch because I heard airplanes aren’t enforcing anything that they said they would. Just heard guy on podcast today say he was pissed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

I stayed at a Marriott courtyard the Sunday before last. I’m alive and no cough. You’ll be fine. Airplane would make me a little sketch because I heard airplanes aren’t enforcing anything that they said they would. Just heard guy on podcast today say he was pissed.
    I am starting to get more comfortable with all this; we are basically two weeks beyond Memorial Day and deaths have declined overall. I mean there was 400 nationwide deaths yesterday, which is such a fraction of a fraction of the US population. I did use my first public bathroom today since March, that was a victory although a waiter came in and stood at the urinal like 4 inches of me so maybe I will start getting a cough tonight.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: did you unclog the toilet?

Load Metric

Better days ahead?

only for brave patriots like trump voters. they are weirdly immune, and should definitely start sweating and breathing on each other.
    lol sonatine so mad. I'm sorry which party was out protesting, rioting and looting? not giving a shit about covid?

shut it down shill

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

lol sonatine so mad. I'm sorry which party was out protesting, rioting and looting? not giving a shit about covid?

shut it down shill
    He’s been taking a beating lately and it seems to be getting worse.

Sad

Comments

dwai: quite sad!

Load Metric
    I am happy this virus thing is behind us.

God bless America

I AM WOKE!!

Comments

dwai: lol

Load Metric
    Mission Accomplished

Load Metric

Thread Information