Page 406 of 947 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506906 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    no wayyyyy. you mean we might be testing more than ever before?

shocking

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't understand the "omg there's a spike when we reopen" rhetoric.

Okay?

There's also a spike in economic improvement, employment, and quality of life. What was the alternative? Lock down until an effective vaccine is here -- if that ever comes?

What I do know is that you don't mandate that nursing homes take COVID-19-positive people, against their will. That killed a ton of people. But I guess it's okay because Democrats Andrew Cuomo and Gretchen Whitmer did it, while the Texas governor did the opposite and made the practice illegal.

Comments

splitthis: Dem terrible

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Okay?

There's also a spike in economic improvement, employment, and quality of life. What was the alternative? Lock down until an effective vaccine is here -- if that ever comes?

What I do know is that you don't mandate that nursing homes take COVID-19-positive people, against their will. That killed a ton of people. But I guess it's okay because Democrats Andrew Cuomo and Gretchen Whitmer did it, while the Texas governor did the opposite and made the practice illegal.
    Wait a minute, facts and logic, i don't anticipate a response to that from sonatine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here are the COVID-19 FACTS which every state should release:

- Percentage of deaths related to nursing homes

- Percentage of overall nursing home residents dead

- Exact racial breakdown of COVID-19 cases and deaths

- COVID-19 deaths and severe cases listed for both age, overweight, obesity, and morbid obesity groups

- COVID-19 survival rate on ventilators

- Number of COVID-19 deaths where cause of death is from multiple factors, or for a factor other than COVID-19 where COVID-19 happened to be present (such as a drug OD)

- An exact definition of what "pre-existing condition" means for COVID-19 purposes, and a list of death and severe symptom rates for each pre-existing condition

- A breakdown of the likelihood to have no symptoms, mild symptoms (bothersome, can go about daily live), moderate (very sick, but not worse than a typical flu), severe (debilitating, perhaps casing permanent damage, but not life threatening), very severe (breathing problems, ultimately resolves), critical (near death, ultimately resolves), and deadly. Break this down by both age and whether one has pre-existing conditions.

They have this data. Why don't we know it?

Comments

splitthis: Cuz it doesn’t support their control tactics

Load Metric
    Here are the COVID-19 FACTS which every state should release:

- Percentage of deaths related to nursing homes

- Percentage of overall nursing home residents dead

- Exact racial breakdown of COVID-19 cases and deaths

- COVID-19 deaths and severe cases listed for both age, overweight, obesity, and morbid obesity groups

- COVID-19 survival rate on ventilators

- Number of COVID-19 deaths where cause of death is from multiple factors, or for a factor other than COVID-19 where COVID-19 happened to be present (such as a drug OD)

- An exact definition of what "pre-existing condition" means for COVID-19 purposes, and a list of death and severe symptom rates for each pre-existing condition

- A breakdown of the likelihood to have no symptoms, mild symptoms (bothersome, can go about daily live), moderate (very sick, but not worse than a typical flu), severe (debilitating, perhaps casing permanent damage, but not life threatening), very severe (breathing problems, ultimately resolves), critical (near death, ultimately resolves), and deadly. Break this down by both age and whether one has pre-existing conditions.

They have this data. Why don't we know it?
    You know why druff, because the data isn't backing up their agenda. Sickening they used this to taint President Trump and scare people to death, ruin the economy and chastise people for protesting against unconstitutional lockdowns and then look the other way when it's their party doing it.

Do as i say, not as i do

Sad!

Load Metric

Okay?

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter if it isn’t pumping out deaths on the back end, which it isn’t in Texas if we are talking about a month ago. I mean it might have some long lasting health effects for a few, and be a miserable few weeks, but to this point, I see no evidence anywhere that it’s resulted in more deaths, at least yet. I don’t think it looks likely to now in summer.

I would think we’d see some early evidence of it and I don’t see it. The Southern Hemisphere is lighting up as one would expect.

Like California is really exploding with cases, but it’s worst death days were a month ago, so it appears to be a product of more testing to this point if people don’t start dropping within the next few weeks. I would have bet heavily on we would have a spike given it was still cool a few weeks ago when stuff was first opening, but there simply isn’t more death anywhere that I can see yet.

Either way, it doesn’t matter, closing again would be absolutely foolish after we let millions of kids run the streets in every major city in America for weeks.

If that doesn’t result in many deaths in a month, then I would have to think the worst is over until October or November and maybe just done completely and we simply have more cross immunity than we realized. It’s truly baffling to me that there hasn’t been a spike in deaths anywhere or 60k case days. It would take 60-90k new cases a day to even get back to the worst days in April given we are catching people far less sick than previously.

Opening has been a completely positive story thus far.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As mentioned in the last post, here is The Druff Scale for COVID-19 Symptom Severity:

1) No symptoms (unable to feel any indication of having COVID-19)

2) Mild symptoms (bothersome, can go about daily life)

3) Moderate symptoms (very sick, but not worse than a typical flu)

4) Severe symptoms (debilitating, perhaps causing permanent damage, but not life threatening)

5) Very severe symptoms (breathing problems, ultimately resolves)

6) Critical symptoms (near death, ultimately resolves)

7) Deadly symptoms (patient dies of COVID-19 causes)

By age group, here's my best guess of what you're going to see, from most likely to less likely, provided you don't have major pre-existing conditions. Anything not listed means it's highly unlikely for that age group and not worth mentioning.

0-10:
    No symptoms
    Mild symptoms

11-25:
    No symptoms
    Mild symptoms
    Moderate symptoms

26-35:
    Mild symptoms
    No symptoms
    Moderate symptoms
    Severe symptoms

36-45:
    Moderate symptoms
    No symptoms
    Severe symptoms
    Mild symptoms
    Very severe symptoms

46-55:
    Severe symptoms
    No symptoms
    Moderate symptoms
    Very severe symptoms
    Critical symptoms
    Deadly symptoms

56-65:
    Severe symptoms
    No symptoms
    Very severe symptoms
    Moderate symptoms
    Critical symptoms
    Deadly symptoms

66-75:
    Severe symptoms
    No symptoms
    Very severe symptoms
    Critical symptoms
    Deadly symptoms
    Moderate symptoms

76-85:
    Very severe symptoms
    Severe symptoms
    No symptoms
    Critical symptoms
    Deadly symptoms

86+:
    Critical symptoms
    Very severe symptoms
    Deadly symptoms
    No symptoms
    Severe symptoms

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    New reports indicate type A blood may be more susceptible to the virus.
    Great. That's me.

High BP and Type A blood... and at an age where getting a severe version of it is somewhat likely.

This type A thing was reported on back in March, then it died, now it's back I guess.
    Lisinopril FTW

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Is anyone still against opening the country completely up after watching thousands of people Carelessly spread it around the streets? Protect the nursing homes and open everything else back up, let’s get some herd immunity going.

Btw, I got a haircut today and it was fuckin glorious. Not sure why some barber shops can open and some can’t but it’s retarded.
    I'm not against the opening, but give it another week. It can take up to 2 weeks for symptoms to show up after exposure to the virus. If there's is no significant spike in cases by then, it's all good.

I was already overdue for a cut when everything started to shut down. Now I look like the missing link. I'm tempted to get the shortest haircut of my life when I finally go back to the barber tomorrow. Maybe get a military cut or something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter if it isn’t pumping out deaths on the back end
    I have a buddy, 49, who got it in January and his lungs still feel like he has pneumonia.

He was just tested and he doesn’t have it now.

He’s seeing a doctor and I don’t pry but his lungs are prolly damaged. This sucks for him.

COVID isn’t a binary issue. You sound like split or tgull here. .

Now maybe the virus strength is waning. This notion interests me. He was one of the early adopters

Comments

splitthis: Not waning lol too soon, it’s a flu blown way out of proportion

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter if it isn’t pumping out deaths on the back end
    I have a buddy, 49, who got it in January and his lungs still feel like he has pneumonia.

He was just tested and he doesn’t have it now.

He’s seeing a doctor and I don’t pry but his lungs are prolly damaged. This sucks for him.

COVID isn’t a binary issue. You sound like split or tgull here. .

Now maybe the virus strength is waning. This notion interests me. He was one of the early adopters
    I know druff has mentioned it, and that sentence was in acknowledgement that he has said that, because until your account of it, I had heard only vague mentions of it outside druff.

Any survivor account, and I read some harrowing ones, were about how bad it was during, a slow return to normal accompanied by exhaustion, but I haven’t heard or read of anyone actually dealing with it. I hope your buddy returns to normal.

Clearly I’ve taken this seriously always, and I don’t discount the hellish nature of the ordeal. I had trouble breathing for six months back when I got sick. Not that drowning they describe, more like a six month long asthma attack. I’m not handwaving away lung damage, I just had thought it was more theoretical or a concern rather than a prevalent after effect.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Okay?

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter if it isn’t pumping out deaths on the back end, which it isn’t in Texas if we are talking about a month ago. I mean it might have some long lasting health effects for a few, and be a miserable few weeks, but to this point, I see no evidence anywhere that it’s resulted in more deaths, at least yet. I don’t think it looks likely to now in summer.

I would think we’d see some early evidence of it and I don’t see it. The Southern Hemisphere is lighting up as one would expect.

Like California is really exploding with cases, but it’s worst death days were a month ago, so it appears to be a product of more testing to this point if people don’t start dropping within the next few weeks. I would have bet heavily on we would have a spike given it was still cool a few weeks ago when stuff was first opening, but there simply isn’t more death anywhere that I can see yet.

Either way, it doesn’t matter, closing again would be absolutely foolish after we let millions of kids run the streets in every major city in America for weeks.

If that doesn’t result in many deaths in a month, then I would have to think the worst is over until October or November and maybe just done completely and we simply have more cross immunity than we realized. It’s truly baffling to me that there hasn’t been a spike in deaths anywhere or 60k case days. It would take 60-90k new cases a day to even get back to the worst days in April given we are catching people far less sick than previously.

My wife's hospital is doing a 2,000 person study on staff and the numbers are very low for who has antibodies. We have a very good friend that works in the ER (staff works with covid patients daily) where they tested everyone. They found only one nurse to have antibodies and one doctor that currently has covid. I'm afraid the theory that many people had it and didn't know might not be reality. This also shows that the PPE works when used correctly.

Load Metric

My wife's hospital is doing a 2,000 person study on staff and the numbers are very low for who has antibodies. We have a very good friend that works in the ER (staff works with covid patients daily) where they tested everyone. They found only one nurse to have antibodies and one doctor that currently has covid. I'm afraid the theory that many people had it and didn't know might not be reality. This also shows that the PPE works when used correctly.
    Yea, they just did a 15000 person random antibody test at grocery stores in New York and came out with 1 in 7 had it in New York State which makes sense. 1.5% cfr, which is in line with what was surmised. It was the best evidence as it was random, across all ages and demographics in all corners of the state.

I think it’s easily going to be worst in NY, and the adjacent east coast states ,yet it’s still only 1 in 7. Idk what to make of this virus. It was in the 30s for Hispanic community, a little over 20 for blacks, and lesser among all other races that are more likely to have the ability to stay home and sit it out. It was the best indication of how many likely have it in a bad area, but doesn’t explain why it’s not getting worse unless the virus is weakening or we have more more immunity like some studies are suggesting.

I guess it’s also possible it’s a 500-700/deaths a day virus in the summer once the first wave hits the most vulnerable.

I averaged out the last two weeks for seven days and it was like 988 deaths a day two weeks ago and 862 last week. It’s possible we drop down to 500 and cruise at that number until fall. I have no idea. Clearly it would wipe out people teetering initially, but there is always people constantly moving to that stage of life constantly also.

Link to study. I had no idea it was a month old. Clearly a few more will have had it now. I had no idea when I read it yesterday that it was that dated. It was on front page.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/ami...tibody-testing
    Last edited by BCR; 06-08-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    THE CORONA SCAM TO MAKE THE RIOTS MORE AGGRESIVE THEORY. Or just a coincidence they figure that out as they are pretty much over

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    THE CORONA SCAM TO MAKE THE RIOTS MORE AGGRESIVE THEORY. Or just a coincidence they figure that out as they are pretty much over

I thought you guys didn’t believe anything out of WHO? They are China’s mouthpiece according to Trump and others. What if this is China trying to get us to take off the masks?

Load Metric

so we looked like assholes at the supermarket for no reason is what they're saying

Comments

splitthis: Bunch of silly asses

Diamond
    Load Metric

I thought you guys didn’t believe anything out of WHO? They are China’s mouthpiece according to Trump and others. What if this is China trying to get us to take off the masks?

hmmmmm interesting theory

Comments

splitthis: Lol it is all a hoax

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

so we looked like assholes at the supermarket for no reason is what they're saying
    We must always listen to the scientists Blake. Questioning them is absurd.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

We must always listen to the scientists Blake. Questioning them is absurd.
    I was completely baffled by that article until I read a few articles.

It was more a reclassification of many asymptomatic people into the classification of mild disease. Mild disease spreads. Truly asymptomatic do not.

From what I took from the different articles I read, it said when they talked to people listed as asymptomatic, that most didn’t have a fever or persistent cough, but they had been mildly sick.

They said they think there is far less completely asymptotic people than previously thought, and through contact tracing in these other countries they were finding those that were fully asymptomatic weren’t spreading it at all, but there was far fewer of those than they believed before.

I don’t know what it means for prevention. The people with mild symptoms are still going to be walking around thinking they just have allergies or something mild because they don’t have a fever or a persistent cough. So basically it’s now we have this small group of truly asymptomatic people and they don’t spread, but mild cases we before labeled asymptomatic. do spread. I don’t know what to take from that other than far fewer people dodged it completely even if young. But they likely won’t view it as Covid. Don’t know how that helps.

Thread Information