Page 398 of 946 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    One more round of stimulus checks, then what state in America will go bankrupt first? Then almost every single state. Finally, America will declare bankruptcy. No way the United States pays back $25 Trillion in debt.
    sorry China, our bad.
    Nope, common misconception

Sorry everyone’s retirement accounts and pensions

Comments

sonatine: gg sosh security

Load Metric
    Coronavirus may never go away, even with a vaccine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-endemic/

It took two centuries, after discovering a vaccine, to wipe out smallpox which killed hundreds of millions of people.

This coronavirus could be around a long time.

Finding a vaccine within a few months or years is just a fantasy.

Load Metric
    Fun to get narc’d and have the board of health stop by your business. You are left wondering was it a customer or employee.

2 more weeks left on the PPP employee protection.

Employee concerns about health are all over the map. It’s really interesting to witness the undercurrent of judgement. You gotta mitigate that whole deal - it sets up an internal civil war. The younger employees are the most difficult.

Just reminded someone it may be an outstanding time to upgrade staff. Lotta talent available should we decide to continue.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Fun to get narc’d and have the board of health stop by your business. You are left wondering was it a customer or employee.

Employee concerns about health are all over the map. It’s really interesting to witness the undercurrent of judgement. You gotta mitigate that whole deal - it sets up an internal civil war. The younger employees are the most difficult.

Just reminded someone it may be an outstanding time to upgrade staff. Lotta talent available should we decide to continue.

I think the opposite. Those that have talent are going to be on the payroll should you operate at 50% capacity. The bottom half of employees, and you know all businesses have them will be out of work. You're going to be spending most of your time weeding out the bottom of the barrel for some diamonds in the rough AND then train them? Pshh..

Just tell people, if you want to come in and work, great but you need to be on board with our procedures and have a good attitude. If not, GL with unemployment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I think the opposite. Those that have talent are going to be on the payroll should you operate at 50% capacity. The bottom half of employees, and you know all businesses have them will be out of work. You're going to be spending most of your time weeding out the bottom of the barrel for some diamonds in the rough AND then train them? Pshh..

Just tell people, if you want to come in and work, great but you need to be on board with our procedures and have a good attitude. If not, GL with unemployment.
    Nobody likes doing employee reviews but I’m a huge believer in labeling your employees A-Z and getting rid of your Z’s.

Yet there are some local businesses that are going tits up so everyone A-Z is available.

We had someone who has been with us for a decade suddenly just load her shit in a box and leave. She has children and her husband is a successful lawyer. What component was health vs daycare vs the recent discovery that being a stay-at-home mom is pleasant .... we will never truly know.

Publicly you gotta put on the face that these are our policies and procedures and I will not tolerate dissension and judgement of your fellow employees and customers. Be respectful or gtfo.

Load Metric

Son update?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Son update?
    Thanks for asking. I gotta remind him that customers love when you inquire about their families. He sucks with empathy skills. He’s generally pissed off about the whole corona business. He’s a typical kid with a lotta testosterone. Frankly, he’s the guy with little patience for nervous coworkers.

I joked about laying him off. I mean he was briefly but we got the PPP SBA loan and instead of loafing on full salary while we were closed he went to work every day and painted and did grounds maintenance when this was not his responsibility. He was never asked. Just did it.

He is still living with us. He has his own floor so he is out of sight most of the time. He is no model for social distancing. He golfs almost every day. Hangs out with his crew. I’m resigned to the fact that I’ll be dead soon.

My hours have drifted later and later every night. Yet there are some nights when Mom & Dad are in their room at 10pm. “What are you doing to my Mom?” That’s some new territory.

He plays online poker with a group while the players are on Zoom. SNG tournaments. I don’t want to know too much. Occasionally, late at night I’ll hear him yelling about a hand and talking on Zoom loudly. Is he winning or losing? He claims he’s up. He has a friend who tells me he doesn’t play but shares half his buy in and watches. He too says they are up.

Kid is deep into reselling Chinese iPhone accessories on Amazon. The boxes from Wuhan get bigger and bigger. He says he needs to be careful with size else Customs becomes an issue.

He was explaining to me the existence of bots on Amazon that put his products for sale in the bot’s cart every day so they aren’t available for sale. Competitors fucking with him. That was a revelation to me.

He talks about the potential for getting snap shutdown by Amazon over a product patent infringement claim from a competitor. It is Chinese product after all and truth be told etc. He would get stuck with product. That’s a business risk.

He talked yesterday about his concern about arriving at the post office with huge piles to be shipped. Like a postal worker is gonna turn him in for something. Made me laugh.

He knows he’s never getting his security deposit back.

Comments

duped_samaritan:

Load Metric
    No kid sports, eh, Simpdog? No summer travel hockey? That sucks.

The US Canada exchange rate is gonna get really sick. Is that a business risk for you?

Load Metric
    80% of cases are mild, 15% severe, 5% require ICU. Less than 1% deaths. Over 70% of deaths are nursing home patients. Shutting down all of life lol 100%.

Wearing useless masks lol.

Fauci is a criminal.

Comments

dwai: SPEAK

adamantium: fixed

JimmyG_415: OH, Gee I'm a tough guy, I don't wear masks. What a moron.

duped_samaritan: covidiot

big dick: this bitch has really lost her shit

LegalizeMeth: if theres any justice this hag will be the first of us to go
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    1 in 20 hospitalization sounds a little concerning tbh. is it really that high?

Load Metric
    Only Fox news people think they can post stats like this w/no link, and everyone will just believe them.
    Like oh ok, you still think #SethRich is a thing, but I'll just take your word for it on this.
    I mean its not like you ever lie or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    80% of cases are mild, 15% severe, 5% require ICU. Less than 1% deaths. Over 70% of deaths are nursing home patients. Shutting down all of life lol 100%.
    Even if this was true, maybe before poker I might have looked at 80 % like its 100 %.
    but no one here hasn't lost 100 hands where they were 80 % favored to win.
    No one here hasn't lost a 95%er.

Too bad Trump didn't attack the corona virus the same way he attacked Twitter for fact checking him.
    Its be eradicated and he'd have 100 % polls.

This is called the "Fight for your right, to lie" act.
    No one is blocking conservative views, most just happen to be racist, conspiracy theorists, too.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Only Fox news people think they can post stats like this w/no link, and everyone will just believe them.
    Like oh ok, you still think #SethRich is a thing, but I'll just take your word for it on this.
    I mean its not like you ever lie or anything.

Even if this was true, maybe before poker I might have looked at 80 % like its 100 %.
    but no one here hasn't lost 100 hands where they were 80 % favored to win.
    No one here hasn't lost a 95%er.

Too bad Trump didn't attack the corona virus the same way he attacked Twitter for fact checking him.
    Its be eradicated and he'd have 100 % polls.

This is called the "Fight for your right, to lie" act.
    No one is blocking conservative views, most just happen to be racist, conspiracy theorists, too.
    Good luck getting that through Congress.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Fauci is a criminal.
    So his 30 years of public service were just a long con?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    It's hilarious to see all the liberals spazz out and lose their minds because trump was right AGAIN to open everything up. They wanted it to fail so bad they could taste it. WELL GUESS WHAT LIBS, THESE COLORS DON'T RUN. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Load Metric

Fauci is a criminal.
    Why are nursing home patients dying when they have be locked down before everything else was shutdown?

Because the nurses don't know the fuck how to properly use PPE gear and wash their fucking hands. They are infected everyone in the nursing homes because of their incompetence. Stop killing elderly people you fucking cunts. Wash your fucking hands. Isolate the infected so this shit can't continue to spread. Use your fucking masks and gowns the correct way to avoid continuing to infect people. And obtain more PPE supplies. President Trump says you have too many PPE supplies.

Load Metric
    one could interpret the last 24 hours events as trump starting a war with china which he thinks will save the economy and distract people from his incompetence while codifying as law his use of sosh media as a propaganda instrument to spin his subterfuge to team retard.

looking forward to team retard protesting the new stay at home order because a little radioactive fallout will mostly kill the weak, mostly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    When I think of a dirty right wing sell out pig i think of this piece of shit

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Son update?
    Thanks for asking. I gotta remind him that customers love when you inquire about their families. He sucks with empathy skills. He’s generally pissed off about the whole corona business. He’s a typical kid with a lotta testosterone. Frankly, he’s the guy with little patience for nervous coworkers.

I joked about laying him off. I mean he was briefly but we got the PPP SBA loan and instead of loafing on full salary while we were closed he went to work every day and painted and did grounds maintenance when this was not his responsibility. He was never asked. Just did it.

He is still living with us. He has his own floor so he is out of sight most of the time. He is no model for social distancing. He golfs almost every day. Hangs out with his crew. I’m resigned to the fact that I’ll be dead soon.

My hours have drifted later and later every night. Yet there are some nights when Mom & Dad are in their room at 10pm. “What are you doing to my Mom?” That’s some new territory.

He plays online poker with a group while the players are on Zoom. SNG tournaments. I don’t want to know too much. Occasionally, late at night I’ll hear him yelling about a hand and talking on Zoom loudly. Is he winning or losing? He claims he’s up. He has a friend who tells me he doesn’t play but shares half his buy in and watches. He too says they are up.

Kid is deep into reselling Chinese iPhone accessories on Amazon. The boxes from Wuhan get bigger and bigger. He says he needs to be careful with size else Customs becomes an issue.

He was explaining to me the existence of bots on Amazon that put his products for sale in the bot’s cart every day so they aren’t available for sale. Competitors fucking with him. That was a revelation to me.

He talks about the potential for getting snap shutdown by Amazon over a product patent infringement claim from a competitor. It is Chinese product after all and truth be told etc. He would get stuck with product. That’s a business risk.

He talked yesterday about his concern about arriving at the post office with huge piles to be shipped. Like a postal worker is gonna turn him in for something. Made me laugh.

He knows he’s never getting his security deposit back.
    I love your kid, san...no homo...

gotta respect the fucking hustle...kid will be ok, might take him awhile to figure his shit out but he'll be fucking a model with 7 figs in his bank account by time he's 40...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In before Minneapolis outbreak. We’re about to see just how effective those masks are.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information