Page 364 of 947 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464864 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 18930

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Wisconsin Supreme Court upheld true law and the state is open, watch for others to follow. Executive orders from the government are not law. The bad flu is not going away, each individual has a right to stay at home or not. Businesses have a right to open without restrictions.

Looking back not too far in history, how did people fall for Hitler and Jim Jones? We are seeing that today. Wake the fuck up and make your OWN decisions, not ones that the government is unlawfully trying to impose, or the media is trying to spin, or the political parties are trying to skew. You have a brain, fucking use it freely to determine your best outcome.

Freedom isn’t free motherfuckers.
    speak girl, God bless these Patriots

Load Metric
    Dwai, I've never seen a post of yours make one point.
    what do you think your roll is here?
    Are you like a Russian bot who's job to amplify every pro trump post or just a simple
    cheerleader sitting in a circle waiting to see who to jerk off next?
    Splitthis is 100% wrong, but at least he tries, you are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Wisconsin Supreme Court upheld true law and the state is open, watch for others to follow. Executive orders from the government are not law. The bad flu is not going away, each individual has a right to stay at home or not. Businesses have a right to open without restrictions.

Looking back not too far in history, how did people fall for Hitler and Jim Jones? We are seeing that today. Wake the fuck up and make your OWN decisions, not ones that the government is unlawfully trying to impose, or the media is trying to spin, or the political parties are trying to skew. You have a brain, fucking use it freely to determine your best outcome.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Dupe
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    So instead of comparing him to leaders now, dealing w/Covid, like So Korea or New Zealand, we are comparing him to fictional situations?
    I guess that is better than comparing him to if he did nothing and if stays under 2.5m we should all be thankful

"advocating an indefinite lock down with no plan to end it or pay for it"
    NO After 3.5 yrs of Trump ripping through our deficit, we know now, you guys don't care who pays for what, unless it is to complain about a dem.
    You guys made the deal w/the devil, and it cost you this and the pro life arguments, forever.

These arguments that the DEM and the media weren't sounding the alarm is a weak argument.
    They weren't privy to the same information.
    Trump was actively blocking info, juking his numbers, and silencing anyone who tried to sound the alarm.
    Hence the whistle blower.

If he put as much effort into getting testing handled as he is in gas lighting people into thinking he is doing a good job, he'd be running away w/November.
    S as for the how is he gonna pay for it, Trump doesn't care how it gets paid for,
    Why Trump doesn't wear a mask, tell people to stay home, and send everyone 2k a month. Biden wouldn't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    your guy has done a fine job
    It's not that I think Trump did a great job. It's that his mistakes didn't really end up hurting us, and no prominent Democrat politician ever took a position on this early on which would have been a positive game changer had we listened.

This leads me to strongly believe that we'd be in the exact same spot no matter who was President.

Right now it's actually a lot of the left looking dumb -- advocating an indefinite lockdown with no plan to end it or pay for it, and resting their hopes on an idiotic contact tracing scheme which will absolutely never work at this stage of the game.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff conveniently forgets that Team Trump repressed critical information being released early on in this crisis. Wondering how Druff would be reacting if he learned Obama had done something similar while president?

Cerveza Fria: Dupe
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Are you like a Russian bot who's job to amplify every pro trump post or just a simple

Name:  708355093002715306.gif
Views: 287
Size:  249.6 KBName:  708782949281169442.gif
Views: 334
Size:  104.0 KB

says the literal parody account

Comments

splitthis: He sucks

Load Metric
    your guy has done a fine job
    It's not that I think Trump did a great job. It's that his mistakes didn't really end up hurting us, and no prominent Democrat politician ever took a position on this early on which would have been a positive game changer had we listened.

This leads me to strongly believe that we'd be in the exact same spot no matter who was President.
    you might be right. i say similar things to my uber-liberal mom who blames the whole thing on trump.

but you should recognize you wouldn't be giving obama the same pass if he was on tape saying the virus would miss us entirely. that's all we would be hearing from you.

this shouldn't be a left-right thing but that's the way everyone (not just you) is treating this.

Load Metric
    So instead of comparing him to leaders now, dealing w/Covid, like So Korea or New Zealand, we are comparing him to fictional situations?
    I guess that is better than comparing him to if he did nothing and if stays under 2.5m we should all be thankful

"advocating an indefinite lock down with no plan to end it or pay for it"
    NO After 3.5 yrs of Trump ripping through our deficit, we know now, you guys don't care who pays for what, unless it is to complain about a dem.
    You guys made the deal w/the devil, and it cost you this and the pro life arguments, forever.

These arguments that the DEM and the media weren't sounding the alarm is a weak argument.
    They weren't privy to the same information.
    Trump was actively blocking info, juking his numbers, and silencing anyone who tried to sound the alarm.
    Hence the whistle blower.

If he put as much effort into getting testing handled as he is in gas lighting people into thinking he is doing a good job, he'd be running away w/November.
    S as for the how is he gonna pay for it, Trump doesn't care how it gets paid for,
    Why Trump doesn't wear a mask, tell people to stay home, and send everyone 2k a month. Biden wouldn't have a chance.

Right now it's actually a lot of the left looking dumb -- advocating an indefinite lockdown with no plan to end it or pay for it, and resting their hopes on an idiotic contact tracing scheme which will absolutely never work at this stage of the game.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small-1.gif
Views: 328
Size:  1.18 MB

Load Metric
    It costs a buck o'five

Platinum
    Load Metric
    maybe dr bright and dr fauchi are both lying?
    Not lying, but they also have one job -- to state their scientific opinions. They are not tasked to judge the potential deaths of reopening versus the potential death/despair from NOT reopening.

I'm trying to understand what you and others on the left think is the correct thing to do at this point, and what you think could have reasonably been done differently to have the US in a different position.

And by "reasonably", I'm talking about actions championed by major politicians on the left which Trump didn't take early on.

The two biggest criticisms of Trump in February were:

- Didn't push hard enough to get more tests

- Didn't push hard enough to secure ventilators and hospital beds

Those appeared to be fair criticisms at the time, but neither ended up mattering too much.

The ventilator and hospital bed shortage never happened in this US (we expanded faster than the disease did), and the testing wouldn't have really helped matters very much.

So what did your favorite Democratic politicians want to do in Feb/March which Trump didn't do, which would have prevented this?
    I’ve said this before. A big reason that things got out of control in the US is simply the volume of travel from China to the US, 20,000 planes a week. Couple that with so many people being asymmetric it spread like wild fire in the US late last year undetected. So by the time the entire world decided to lock down the spread was so vast in the US that x amount of deaths were inevitable. Other countries with far less travel from China to their country didn’t have nearly the undetected problem thus when they locked down (many at the same time or after the US) it was much more effective to stop the spread.

Load Metric

Comparing public health officials to Hitler and Jim Jones shows you do not have a brain.

Comments

MumblesBadly: She run out of fresh batteries.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    so wait we are trotting out jim jones as a comparison to something other than trump?

because thats real wild, and i gotta assume youve spent zero point zero time listening to jim jones' speeches if youre going there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    so wait we are trotting out jim jones as a comparison to something other than trump?

because thats real wild, and i gotta assume youve spent zero point zero time listening to jim jones' speeches if youre going there.
    I’ve been there. It is about control which went on with Hitler, Jones, and now the virus.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Never has such a low percentage of death caused such complete devastation of personal and financial well being.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

You belong with mumbles and Walter, too stupid to realize I’m a she and not a he.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    You belong with mumbles and Walter, too stupid to realize I’m a she and not a he.
    he's mumbles level for sure. totally oblivious to how bias he is and can't accept facts or reality

Load Metric

he's mumbles level for sure. totally oblivious to how bias he is and can't accept facts or reality
    If facts are important, why is it that every time I post some you reply with the TDS gif?

Also why does your TDS gif have Chinese in the middle? Interesting touch.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    If facts are important, why is it that every time I post some you reply with the TDS gif?

Also why does your TDS gif have Chinese in the middle? Interesting touch.
    cause it's funny, I just copied the gif from a druff post awhile back, he clowned sloppy Joe with it i thought the trump picture flipping back and forth was hilarious

Load Metric
    this seems important since florida and georgia just came out of lockdown. probably too early to draw any conclusions, but encouraging maybe?

Florida and Georgia Coronavirus Cases Decline Despite Concerns, South Dakota Cases Shoot Up

https://www.mediaite.com/news/florid...es-shoot-up-2/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    this seems important since florida and georgia just came out of lockdown. probably too early to draw any conclusions, but encouraging maybe?

Florida and Georgia Coronavirus Cases Decline Despite Concerns, South Dakota Cases Shoot Up

https://www.mediaite.com/news/florid...es-shoot-up-2/
    The virus is gonna make its rounds regardless. We holed up for a minute to allow time to gather resources, that’s over. We will no longer be denied our inalienable rights. Each individual has a RIGHT to continue to hole up or move on. Your fear does not affect my freedoms. Never more has the saying don’t tread on me become more important.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Never has such a low percentage of death caused such complete devastation of personal and financial well being.

we lost 3000 people on 9/11 and shut down the entire nation for a week.

we are losing 3000 people a day to a totally preventable pandemic but trump wants his stakeholders happy so suddenly open-up is now a christian / pro life / anti-vax / south will rise again / libertarian weirdo lightening rod.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

we lost 3000 people on 9/11 and shut down the entire nation for a week.

we are losing 3000 people a day to a totally preventable pandemic but trump wants his stakeholders happy so suddenly open-up is now a christian / pro life / anti-vax / south will rise again / libertarian weirdo lightening rod.
    no.

it's not preventable, it's a global pandemic, people will die, we can't stay inside forever. not everyone who believes this is a trump supporter, or crazy right wing lunatic, stop gas lighting. blame China for this, not trump.

Comments

splitthis: Yep

Thread Information