Page 354 of 947 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454854 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 18929

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Vice President Pence is “self-isolating away from the White House” after aide tests positive for coronavirus -
    @JenniferJJacobs

It would be just our luck for it to kill Pence but not Trump.
    Pence dying would give Trump the opportunity to nominate Alex Jones as a replacement VP. And I’m guessing that the Republicans in the Senate would give him the nod on doing so.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 05-10-2020 at 07:30 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Good stuff. We don't have to choose between the economy and our lives. We just need a functioning government to handle the crisis and a proper social safety net.

This is why Europe and Canada will recover much faster than us.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Good stuff. We don't have to choose between the economy and our lives. We just need a functioning government to handle the crisis and a proper social safety net.

This is why Europe and Canada will recover much faster than us.
    you are literally a fucking moron

Comments

Walter Sobchak: must be

duped_samaritan: umadbro?

Muck Ficon: Don't worry about it!

Load Metric
    hey remember when we spent 20 years gnashing our teeth and wailing about 3000 people dead on 9/11 but suddenly now 3k dead every single day is just the cost of doing business?

Comments

dwai: shill

gimmick:

duped_samaritan:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    but the economy

Load Metric
    any thoughts on what we should do with asymptomatic spreaders?

like seriously how does society handle that exactly?

apparently healthy, functional, decent people who have committed no crimes, except we cant let them roam around society or they infect thousands of people with a potentially deadly illness.

so what are we going to do with them?

where do you put them?

can they be legally separated from their families?

Comments

dwai: no, they "legally" can't, but you probably would support that

gimmick:

duped_samaritan:
    Last edited by sonatine; 05-10-2020 at 10:39 PM.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Imperial College, London has models suggesting 90% of US COVID-19 deaths would have been prevented if US had gone into lockdown Mar 2.

Comments

dwai: MUH TRUMP!

gimmick:

duped_samaritan:

Load Metric
    Imperial College, London has models suggesting 90% of US COVID-19 deaths would have been prevented if US had gone into lockdown Mar 2.
    thanks trump

Comments

dwai: cnn idiot

gimmick:

duped_samaritan:

Load Metric
    What does it say about their deaths? Per capita, it seems as bad or worse than ours given they went Darwin for a few weeks before it went crazy and almost took out Boris. I could look but I’m sure they’re as bad if not worse per capita. I know they had around 25k deaths last I looked with maybe 20-25% of our population. It has to be worse.

90% feels high in a gut sense but who I am to argue with people who do it for a job?

60% would have been my guess.

Comments

splitthis: They were gonna die anyways

Load Metric
    Assuming they’re close to accurate, what will deaths per day be the week of June 15 starting where we are already at?

With basically a one month lag from infection to illness to death if you’re unfortunate, and everywhere throwing the cage door open, it was easily the worst week in rural America. It’s projected to be cold for the next two weeks across the Midwest and east. Rarely getting even a high of 70 until the end.

I’m going low and saying we average 5k a day that week starting June 15th. I really hope to be wrong. I think it will be worse than that, but maybe not until a week later. Basically all the people who get sick this week or next week.

I really hope the optimists who are really optimistic without any reason I can make sense of are correct. We basically have 4 months here it doesn’t suck.

I’d love to enjoy those 4 months without all this shit swirling. I can’t imagine how it isn’t carnage in a month with the lag. I think it may slightly trend down for next two weeks and then spike insane in a month. I think that’s most likely.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    london's still pissed about us kicking their ass in ww2

Load Metric
    Pretty soon Druff will starve because there will be no more beef, chicken or pork to eat. Druff won't eat vegetables which is why he is fat.

The price per pound of beef used in Wendy's hamburgers went from 25 cents a pound to $1.93 in a few weeks.

And despite Trump's order to keep open the slaughter houses, the companies have decided not to because it would be bad for their employees health.

The farmers who own the cattle, pigs and chickens have decided to kill them instead of feeding them so the industry is fucked.

You must admire this coronavirus.

In just a few months, it has affected climate change for the better and soon it will cleanse this planet of people who eat dead animals.

It pays to be a vegetarian.

Goodbye fucking meat eaters.

America’s meat shortage is more serious than your missing hamburgers

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/5/8/...grocery-stores

Comments

Walter Sobchak: WHERE'S THE BEEF!

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    london's still pissed about us kicking their ass in ww2
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Comments

dwai: fucking moron n-word

gimmick:

tony bagadonuts: John Blutarsky rep

duped_samaritan:

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Pretty soon Druff will starve because there will be no more beef, chicken or pork to eat. Druff won't eat vegetables which is why he is fat.

The price per pound of beef used in Wendy's hamburgers went from 25 cents a pound to $1.93 in a few weeks.

And despite Trump's order to keep open the slaughter houses, the companies have decided not to because it would be bad for their employees health.

The farmers who own the cattle, pigs and chickens have decided to kill them instead of feeding them so the industry is fucked.

You must admire this coronavirus.

In just a few months, it has affected climate change for the better and soon it will cleanse this planet of people who eat dead animals.

It pays to be a vegetarian.

Goodbye fucking meat eaters.

America’s meat shortage is more serious than your missing hamburgers
    https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/5/8/...grocery-stores

Russian couple: “Says who?”

Name:  3331B77F-4563-42D1-ACC7-4ADC22DDEA1C.jpeg
Views: 460
Size:  84.3 KB

Russian 'cannibal couple' may have drugged, killed and eaten as many as 30 people, police say
    https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news...-20170927.html

Load Metric
    Contrary to popular belief due to the politically spun news, many nurses are furloughed. People are not going to hospitals and have put off their surgeries indefinitely due to fear of this virus. Those who work in hospitals have been cross trained to regular floors and ICU’s, but are being sent home due to lack of work. My sister’s hours have been cut in half. She usually worked 60-70 hours of a week and now lucky to get 30. With 3 kids in college ehh, not good.

Too bad we don’t have real accurate impartial news anymore.

I have never put anyone on ignore before but the real team retard has a member that is uhh.. no words for stupidity.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Contrary to popular belief due to the politically spun news, many nurses are furloughed. People are not going to hospitals and have put off their surgeries indefinitely due to fear of this virus. Those who work in hospitals have been cross trained to regular floors and ICU’s, but are being sent home due to lack of work. My sister’s hours have been cut in half. She usually worked 60-70 hours of a week and now lucky to get 30. With 3 kids in college ehh, not good.

I have never put anyone on ignore before but the real team retard has a member that is uhh.. no words for stupidity.
    Show us a pic of you in a nurse’s uniform ready to go to work at a moment’s notice or GTFO!

Name:  AC703104-3225-4389-8082-2918FAD34687.jpeg
Views: 360
Size:  61.2 KB

Comments

big dick: essential worker

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

wait, but CNN says ICUs are full, everybody on ventilators, dead bodies are piling up, if you step outside for a mere second you WILL catch the virus

Load Metric
    hey remember when we spent 20 years gnashing our teeth and wailing about 3000 people dead on 9/11 but suddenly now 3k dead every single day is just the cost of doing business?

then wanting to make ourselves feel better (some of us) used taxpayer funds and made them multimillionaires, many of whom already were. Don't you feel better? But the single mom of 3 who gets hit by an uninsured driver tonight on I-10 and dies, her family will get $0. #merica

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Apples and bowling balls

Thread Information