Page 344 of 947 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444844 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 18923

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    U.S. PRESIDENT TRUMP SAYS `PLENTY OF SUPPLY OF BIG MACS' WHEN ASKED OF MEAT SHORTAGES
    THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE PEOPLE

Load Metric
    I usually like a good battle but this dwai guy is literally a waste of time to go back n forth with.

later fag
    go beat your gf or kids or something

Silver

This message is hidden because dwai is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I usually like a good battle but this dwai guy is literally a waste of time to go back n forth with.

later fag
    go beat your gf or kids or something

Silver

View Post
    Name:  1200px-Tilt-A-Whirl_in_Saskatchewan.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  288.0 KB

Load Metric
    Today, 06:45 PM
    dwai
    Silver

View Post

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Everybody blaming Trump about not being prepared are just plain wrong IMO. Canada is about as liberal a country with about as liberal a media as there is & nobody here was taking this seriously & Canada was just as unprepared as the USA when this hit.

That being said, our federal & provincial leaders have handled it more or less like professionals which has undoubtedly saved lives compared to the confrontational way Trump has handled it. If you need to complain this would be where the complaints should lie IMO.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Canada did it right rep
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I’m at a truck stop in northern Georgia getting something on the truck fixed, and just had a conversation with another trucker who was furious about the “government” forcing the lockdowns in response to the “sensationalized” threat of the coronavirus. You can guess that we mentioned different facts and figures in making our respective arguments about the severity of the threat. And I won’t bore you with all of the ridiculous things he claimed.

But I will share one notable “fact” he threw out in the 10-minute conversation: “100,000 people died of that flu virus, the swine flu or bird flu, the H1N1, when Obama was in office.”

Of course, being the Google-machine expert you all know me to be, and not wanting to waste an opportunity to correct such a gross mistaken belief, I pulled out my trusty iPad and searched my way to a historical record of such a death toll and shared it with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...onse-disaster/

“Per the CDC, the estimated number of death’s from the swine flu, H1N1, under Obama was 12,469, from April 2009 to April 2010.”

He responded, “That was during Obama’s second term.”

“His first. Obama was re-elected in 2012.”

Apparently at that point, he had had enough of discussing this matter with me, as after less than 10 seconds of silence, he got up from his appropriately-socially-distanced chair on the other of this truck stop’s game room and walked off towards an exit of the building.

And I guess I didn’t make a friend among my trucker brethren today.

Name:  C0303A1F-FE6E-4EFB-BD19-7723669415CF.gif
Views: 291
Size:  259.0 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I’m at a truck stop in northern Georgia getting something on the truck fixed, and just had a conversation with another trucker who was furious about the “government” forcing the lockdowns in response to the “sensationalized” threat of the coronavirus. You can guess that we mentioned different facts and figures in making our respective arguments about the severity of the threat. And I won’t bore you with all of the ridiculous things he claimed.

But I will share one notable “fact” he threw out in the 10-minute conversation: “100,000 people died of that flu virus, the swine flu or bird flu, the H1N1, when Obama was in office.”

Of course, being the Google-machine expert you all know me to be, and not wanting to waste an opportunity to correct such a gross mistaken belief, I pulled out my trusty iPad and searched my way to a historical record of such a death toll and shared it with him.

“Per the CDC, the estimated number of death’s from the swine flu, H1N1, under Obama was 12,469, from April 2009 to April 2010.”

Apparently at that point, he had had enough of discussing this matter with me, as after less than 10 seconds of silence, he got up from his appropriately-socially-distanced chair on the other of this truck stop’s game room and walked off towards an exit of the building.

I am quite sure he walked away and commented what an annoying douche you were.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I am quite sure there is no douche as annoying as you

Load Metric
    Pick one?

Load Metric
    Last edited by TheXFactor; 05-06-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Pick one?

#3 obviously, it's just the flu

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Pick one?

#3 obviously, it's just the flu
    GOOD POST! GOOD POST!

Comments

gauchojake: lol

Load Metric
    Social distancing looks like it has been an abject failure. Look at NYC, 73% of recent cases are from people staying home. This thing is going to run its course, we collectively are just delaying the inevitable.

I am ready for the stock market to go up for sure, we need to re-open.

Comments

splitthis: Got that shit right

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Social distancing looks like it has been an abject failure. Look at NYC, 73% of recent cases are from people staying home. This thing is going to run its course, we collectively are just delaying the inevitable.

I am ready for the stock market to go up for sure, we need to re-open.

If you believe that, then I'm sure you believed everyone who got HIV in 1983 who swore it could only have been from heterosexual sex.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

No way that's true. China cannot be trusted on anything.
    How do you know? At this point you gotta kinda take them at their word unless there is evidence they are still lying.

You know how I feel about China but if you don't have proof to back up your claims that they are currently suffering from a wildfire type outbreak then it just isn't true.

What evidence do you have to back up your claim that the virus is still spreading in china?
    For one thing, in the very earliest days when a few brave doctors over there figured out what was going on and tried to warn people, and the government, they were silenced with arrest or worse. People talking about it on social media or wherever were censored, threatened, the police came to their homes to shut them up. Their internet censors shut it down as a search term. They used their undue influence with the WHO to keep the alarm bells from ringing as quickly as they should. And so on. Because the communist party's hold on power depends on keeping people convinced that they know best and provide a good life for people. Xi and the party's leadership took this as a serious threat to their credibility, so they acted quickly and mercilessly to suppress information regardless of what it did to their own people or anyone else. This is their pattern of behavior, always has been. A few years ago a train derailed and killed hundreds and they literally just buried the whole thing bodies and all, told the families of the victims to shut up if they knew what was good for them, and denied it ever happened. They do not deserve to be taken at their word and they get no benefit of the doubt because they've demonstrated themselves to be untrustworthy way too many times. They're fucking evil.

For another thing, they are still trying to deflect blame away from themselves. They're still blaming it on the US military FFS. They've never taken responsibility for all I described above. It's a virus and they can't completely prevent it because it's nature but they could have saved a lot of lives outside of Wuhan (in China and everywhere else) by using best practices and most importantly being transparent about what was happening.

Third because there is a lot of indirect evidence in the "big data" leaking out of China like patterns of cell phone usage and medical supply usage that the virus is still a problem there.

Finally because it doesn't make sense that it would have stopped spreading unless they have developed a cure or a vaccine that they haven't bothered to brag about. The rate of new infections might be less but it's still there and ready to flare up again if the circumstances are right.

China is an Orwellian twilight zone where facts can be changed quickly if needed to suit the needs of the communist party. Never believe anything they say.

Comments

splitthis: The million word post virus is spreading

IamGreek: Finally a post of yours I can agree with. Bravo!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Everybody blaming Trump about not being prepared are just plain wrong IMO. Canada is about as liberal a country with about as liberal a media as there is & nobody here was taking this seriously & Canada was just as unprepared as the USA when this hit.

That being said, our federal & provincial leaders have handled it more or less like professionals which has undoubtedly saved lives compared to the confrontational way Trump has handled it. If you need to complain this would be where the complaints should lie IMO.
    Exactly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I am quite sure he walked away and commented what an annoying douche you were.
    It's so annoying for people who think they know so much to be confronted with actual facts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    How do you know? At this point you gotta kinda take them at their word unless there is evidence they are still lying.

You know how I feel about China but if you don't have proof to back up your claims that they are currently suffering from a wildfire type outbreak then it just isn't true.

What evidence do you have to back up your claim that the virus is still spreading in china?
    For one thing, in the very earliest days when a few brave doctors over there figured out what was going on and tried to warn people, and the government, they were silenced with arrest or worse. People talking about it on social media or wherever were censored, threatened, the police came to their homes to shut them up. Their internet censors shut it down as a search term. They used their undue influence with the WHO to keep the alarm bells from ringing as quickly as they should. And so on. Because the communist party's hold on power depends on keeping people convinced that they know best and provide a good life for people. Xi and the party's leadership took this as a serious threat to their credibility, so they acted quickly and mercilessly to suppress information regardless of what it did to their own people or anyone else. This is their pattern of behavior, always has been. A few years ago a train derailed and killed hundreds and they literally just buried the whole thing bodies and all, told the families of the victims to shut up if they knew what was good for them, and denied it ever happened. They do not deserve to be taken at their word and they get no benefit of the doubt because they've demonstrated themselves to be untrustworthy way too many times. They're fucking evil.

For another thing, they are still trying to deflect blame away from themselves. They're still blaming it on the US military FFS. They've never taken responsibility for all I described above. It's a virus and they can't completely prevent it because it's nature but they could have saved a lot of lives outside of Wuhan (in China and everywhere else) by using best practices and most importantly being transparent about what was happening.

Third because there is a lot of indirect evidence in the "big data" leaking out of China like patterns of cell phone usage and medical supply usage that the virus is still a problem there.

Finally because it doesn't make sense that it would have stopped spreading unless they have developed a cure or a vaccine that they haven't bothered to brag about. The rate of new infections might be less but it's still there and ready to flare up again if the circumstances are right.

China is an Orwellian twilight zone where facts can be changed quickly if needed to suit the needs of the communist party. Never believe anything they say.
    Great post, maybe now Big dick will see how stupid he looks for believing China, thanks for pointing all these things out to him

Comments

IamGreek: This

Load Metric

test pos for covid = perm ineligible for military service.

just a flu tho, will likely disappear soon.

Comments

Sanlmar: Nice find
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

test pos for covid = perm ineligible for military service.

just a flu tho, will likely disappear soon.
    Soooo how does this work when everyone has had it?

Thread Information