Page 332 of 946 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    tine can you get control of your girlfriend

Comments

splitthis: And good luck wit that

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Blaming Trump for this virus or it’s spread is super lol, it was coming no matter fucking what. Lol at comparing us to New Zealand. Even an island nation cannot stand alone for long. Just lol at all the politically motivated shit that is spewing heeeere.
    He is certainly to blame for being incompetent, for gutting the CDC, and using his time self-aggrandizing instead of leading a relief effort, among other things. Good leaders lead in tough times. Trump claims total authority, yet says he takes zero responsibility. I'm sure if President Blackenstein were still in office you'd be completely ok with him doing the same as Trump has done right now.
    You are a very angry man.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    US Death Rate ~ 1,200 for Monday.
    4th straight day of decline btw.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Rep cut off. My dad was my biggest concern. He’s been compliant. Let’s me or his 13 years younger wife do the shopping and grab stuff when necessary. Thought he was going to be a handful. He’s taken it seriously and doesn’t wan to stress me or his wife out by being dumb just from boredom. Can’t make people act reasonably. If they want to die, so be it, and hope they infect their own social circle with a higher prevalence given that birds of a feather and all that. Collateral damage will occur no doubt. We are stuck with these people either way. Their party skews older and fatter. That’s undeniable. POC hit hard hurts, but so many live in the reddest states that it’s certainly a net political win. Hate to view it that way, but it isn’t like these rallies and denialism isn’t straight political.

Wish there was a way to have people charged at gatherings. Whether it’s a black house party in Chicago or these hayseeds. Penalty is straight up you don’t get a ventilator and you’re last in line for any medication that may be in shortage. No fine. No anything else. Simply no ventilator or meds that are short for you should you ever need it.

Will never happen, but if I were king, that would be the charge for anyone caught at these big gatherings. Good luck, but you better hope you never need anything in short supply .
    If you think what is happening in Detroit is going to help the Democratic Party in November, you are just lying to yourself. That is the fattest most diabetic region of the world. I believe you said you no longer work, correct? Maybe I mixed you up with someone else. But I know for a certain fact those that do not work, or have a shitty job see no problem with a 2 year lockdown. I mean nothing really changes for them other then they get a stimulus check.
    So you mean like you.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don’t know if tgull is really a plumber or if this is some sort of inside joke. But plumbing is actually a very recession proof occupation.

Comments

MumblesBadly: As far the manual trades go, it’s the shit.

Load Metric
    I don’t worry about needing anything. This world is temporary. Accomplished all I wanted here and consider what is left as bonus time that I want to enjoy my way, not scared or hiding, or having anyone telling me what to do.

I feel the scared people are the atheists. It does suck believing this is all that there is. How depressing.
    What's your concept of a life beyond the one we're in right now, and are there any implications for your time in that afterlife from the fact that you charged someone money for a blowjob?
    That’s merely a drop in my sin bucket nog. I still ain’t afraid, salvation for all niggat.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

What's your concept of a life beyond the one we're in right now, and are there any implications for your time in that afterlife from the fact that you charged someone money for a blowjob?
    That’s merely a drop in my sin bucket nog. I still ain’t afraid, salvation for all niggat.
    i'd like to hear this blowjob story

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I don’t know if tgull is really a plumber or if this is some sort of inside joke. But plumbing is actually a very recession proof occupation.
    Thanks. It's amazing the heat I draw on this site from really just minding my own business and giving an opinion here and there.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you forgot being an insufferable douche

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric

I just got off the phone with him. He was my soon to be ex husband and was randy and I said for 1k. He peeled it out and the job was done well. It’s not a big deal.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

I just got off the phone with him. He was my soon to be ex husband and was randy and I said for 1k. He peeled it out and the job was done well. It’s not a big deal.
    but did he really pay $1000? how good are you?

Comments

splitthis: Yes nigga, and yes nigga

Load Metric
    tine, how good is she?

Load Metric
    Thanks. It's amazing the heat I draw on this site from really just minding my own business and giving an opinion here and there.
    Congrats you are the Trump of PFA

Ronald Reagan

Bronze
    Load Metric
    This disease map has Coronavirus where it belongs IMO, and also gives some perspective just how it stacks up against other diseases pre vaccines. It aint measles, and it aint smallpox, and it aint Ebola. But it is A LOT more deadly and debilitating than flu.

What we don't know that could make it worse is how long immunity lasts or whether there is long term complications, especially following mild illness.

If this was an endemic disease chances are very high we would all just get it as kids, it wouldn't even be that bad for most, and we would have some level of immunity through our lives so that it was never a problem, until maybe you get old and your immune system starts dysfuncitoning. Noone would be having their first exposure at 40+ years of age the way we are now.

I don't know for sure this is how it would play out if it was endemic, but I think there is a fairly high likelihood.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Rookie/noob question here, but why are SARS and Ebola listed on the chart as more contagious than the rona?

I thought the fact that they weren't as easily transmissible was why we didn't have more problems with them than we did.

Load Metric
    tine, how good is she?
    Nigga gonna find out before judgement day

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Load Metric

Is this the typical night where you issue like 20 tilt responses with no content? You really need a break from the site.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: who's tilting?

Load Metric

Is this the typical night where you issue like 20 tilt responses with no content? You really need a break from the site.
    Is this the typical night where you completely misread everything, yet talk as though you know more than everyone else?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by go_buccos View Post
    This disease map has Coronavirus where it belongs IMO, and also gives some perspective just how it stacks up against other diseases pre vaccines. It aint measles, and it aint smallpox, and it aint Ebola. But it is A LOT more deadly and debilitating than flu.

What we don't know that could make it worse is how long immunity lasts or whether there is long term complications, especially following mild illness.

If this was an endemic disease chances are very high we would all just get it as kids, it wouldn't even be that bad for most, and we would have some level of immunity through our lives so that it was never a problem, until maybe you get old and your immune system starts dysfuncitoning. Noone would be having their first exposure at 40+ years of age the way we are now.

I don't know for sure this is how it would play out if it was endemic, but I think there is a fairly high likelihood.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Rookie/noob question here, but why are SARS and Ebola listed on the chart as more contagious than the rona?

I thought the fact that they weren't as easily transmissible was why we didn't have more problems with them than we did.
    I think the problem with COVID is it is highly transmissible in mild/asymptomatic cases. Many disease are only transmitting heavily when you are in full blown symptomatic disease, at which point it is easier to isolate and quarantine symptomatic persons and stop the disease.

Load Metric
    I am going to go through some simple stats that should highlight why the IFR of 0.2% (2X flu) argument just can't be possible. NYC has had over 20,000 "extra" deaths year over year over a typical year. Covid is going to be the reason for pretty much all of these extra deaths. Its population is 8 million. If the IFR was 0.2% then 10 million New Yorkers would need to be infected, well over the entire population.

We know from multiple antibody tests the infected rate popping up is in the 15-20% range.

An IFR of 1% (10x flu) gives us 2 million infected, which is 25% of the population, which is lines up much better than IFR's of 0.2-0.3%, which just doesn't work in NYC (or any other city in the world that has been heavily hit).

There may be some slight variation in strains, but it isn't that much. This thing is just real deadly and hasn't spread that much.
    I’d be legitimately interested in hearing about the antibody test samples. You quote 15-20% which Im sure is factually true as you have proved to be well into the details of things you post about. I’ve been reading stories like the pork plant in Missouri where a few people out of the ~1000 employees started to call out so they had everyone tested. 373 of the 1000 came back as positive. Most had no idea they had it and were completely asymptomatic. Asymptomatic people aren’t getting tested. I know 10 people in Massachusetts who are 80%+ sure they have/had it but stil haven’t been tested.

In this fairy tail, and maybe that’s what it is, not 15-20% have had it but 40-50% have had it. In that case the death rate is as low as we hoped and we are closer to herd immunity.

We need testing - lots of it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I am going to go through some simple stats that should highlight why the IFR of 0.2% (2X flu) argument just can't be possible. NYC has had over 20,000 "extra" deaths year over year over a typical year. Covid is going to be the reason for pretty much all of these extra deaths. Its population is 8 million. If the IFR was 0.2% then 10 million New Yorkers would need to be infected, well over the entire population.

We know from multiple antibody tests the infected rate popping up is in the 15-20% range.

An IFR of 1% (10x flu) gives us 2 million infected, which is 25% of the population, which is lines up much better than IFR's of 0.2-0.3%, which just doesn't work in NYC (or any other city in the world that has been heavily hit).

There may be some slight variation in strains, but it isn't that much. This thing is just real deadly and hasn't spread that much.
    I’d be legitimately interested in hearing about the antibody test samples. You quote 15-20% which Im sure is factually true as you have proved to be well into the details of things you post about. I’ve been reading stories like the pork plant in Missouri where a few people out of the ~1000 employees started to call out so they had everyone tested. 373 of the 1000 came back as positive. Most had no idea they had it and were completely asymptomatic. Asymptomatic people aren’t getting tested. I know 10 people in Massachusetts who are 80%+ sure they have/had it but stil haven’t been tested.

In this fairy tail, and maybe that’s what it is, not 15-20% have had it but 40-50% have had it. In that case the death rate is as low as we hoped and we are closer to herd immunity.

We need testing - lots of it.
    Nice CNN talking point. There are 330M people in the country, it's NEVER going to happen. Even Bill Gates, Mr. Panic, says it's impossible. We are not set up as a country for that, the US is too big and disperse, and probably 150M will refuse to ever get tested anyway. I am not sure what planet people are living on anymore. Yeah, let's test everyone right away. LOL. If the country was serious about planning for a pandemic it would have been done like 25 years ago. Nobody gives a shit. A couple hundred thousand will die, virus will wane and people will get on with their lives next year. But please stop it with the "we need to test more". It's like telling a 400 LB guy to stop eating cheeseburgers, it's not going to happen.

Thread Information