Page 303 of 947 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 18928

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Trump and Fox News are liars and dishonest.

But so is CNN, MSNBC and NYT.

The fact that most of you guys can recognize this in the former and not the latter is because you have been thoroughly conditioned to think what your masters have told you to think, and use no critical reasoning skills of your own.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone even using rudimentary critical thinking to read what Trump actually said, and come to the conclusions you all do. All you are doing is parroting what your masters have told you to think.
    I asked druff and now I'll ask you. What is cnn posting that is a flat out lie or dishonest.

If I'm being lied to and not catching it i'd like to know.

Trump said what he said. Do i think he is stupid enough to actually think people should main line bleach? Probably not but he said it. What did he mean then?
    He is saying the summer is gonna cure america of cv19? This is not true. What did he mean when he said it?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    I am not a Trump fan or defender. I would vote for any D candidate over him.

That being said, I was curious and looked at what Trump actually said, and it should come as no surprise the media is definitely misconstruing what he said. The narrative does not match reality at all.

Here is the exact statement.

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Noting that disinfectant kills virus, and then musing whether we could use something "like that" (presumably something that is very toxic to virus but not particularly toxic to our cells) is extremely reasonable.

That is the whole basis of most antibiotics and antivirals, that you have a chemical that negatively impacts bacteria and virus much more than your own cells (but is rarely completely harmless, there is normally some cost), so the risk/reward is favorable.
    but the disinfectant was bleach and it sure sounds like he's riffing about scrubbing the insides of a body with bleach.
    No it doesn't. That is what CNN has told you that is what it sounds like he is saying. You are just parroting them. The wording is sloppy, and Trump surely doesn't understand biology enough to discern what kind of substances would harm viruses with doing minimal harm to human cells. But the interpretation you guys are all going with is not honest at all IMO.

Load Metric

That being said, I was curious and looked at what Trump actually said, and it should come as no surprise the media is definitely misconstruing what he said. The narrative does not match reality at all.

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Noting that disinfectant kills virus, and then musing whether we could use something "like that" (presumably something that is very toxic to virus but not particularly toxic to our cells) is extremely reasonable.

That is the whole basis of most antibiotics and antivirals, that you have a chemical that negatively impacts bacteria and virus much more than your own cells (but is rarely completely harmless, there is normally some cost), so the risk/reward is favorable.
    Except that's not at all what he's saying now. He's literally just saying "I was being sarcastic and you all took it seriously".

Comments

blake:

sonatine: honestly its exhausting to ignore

Walter Sobchak: throwing down the facts

Load Metric

The fact that most of you guys can recognize this in the former and not the latter is because you have been thoroughly conditioned to think what your masters have told you to think, and use no critical reasoning skills of your own.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone even using rudimentary critical thinking to read what Trump actually said, and come to the conclusions you all do. All you are doing is parroting what your masters have told you to think.

you obviously know a lot about medical science but intellectually you see the world as some sort of perfect dichotomy where fox / oann are somehow the other side of the "msm" coin, and thats something that only someone who isnt bright and is maybe crazy would take seriously.

it also absolutely wreaks of dunning-kruger effect.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

but the disinfectant was bleach and it sure sounds like he's riffing about scrubbing the insides of a body with bleach.
    No it doesn't. That is what CNN has told you that is what it sounds like he is saying. You are just parroting them. The wording is sloppy, and Trump surely doesn't understand biology enough to discern what kind of substances would harm viruses with doing minimal harm to human cells. But the interpretation you guys are all going with is not honest at all IMO.
    i watched what he said. there's a reason dr. birx was crying

Load Metric

weird hill to die on dude.

Comments

sah_24: tine and CNN lol <3 ... another perfect combo

blake: counter

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

Except that's not at all what he's saying now. He's literally just saying "I was being sarcastic and you all took it seriously".
    verm may have to nap it out on this.

if trump didn't mean what 99% of the world thinks he meant, why did he say he was being sarcastic?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

I asked druff and now I'll ask you. What is cnn posting that is a flat out lie or dishonest.

Trump said what he said. Do i think he is stupid enough to actually think people should main line bleach? Probably not but he said it. What did he mean then?
    He is saying the summer is gonna cure america of cv19? This is not true. What did he mean when he said it?

hes mentally ill dude. cnn didnt doctor the footage of him saying what he said moments after he said it.

dunning-kruger effect. google it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Trump claimed his statement was sarcastic which doesn’t really fit with what you are saying.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

you obviously know a lot about medical science but intellectually you see the world as some sort of perfect dichotomy where fox / oann are somehow the other side of the "msm" coin, and thats something that only someone who isnt bright and is maybe crazy would take seriously.

The point isn't who is lying more. The point is most of you just accept the lies coming from one side. The fact that the lies may not be as bad doesn't make it ok.

Just because Fox is lying doesn't mean CNN is telling the truth. That is a false dichotomy you all seem to accept.

Also, lying maybe isn't the right word, because most of the time good propaganda isn't lying at all. It is pushing the consumer to accept your narrative using suggestive wording.

If you actually read what Trump said, without already being subjected to the MSM interpretation of what he meant, I doubt many would come to the conclusion you all have what he was saying or his intent.

I don't know if it can be done, because the truth is for the most part the chemistry that dictates how viral capsids and viral RNA works is the same as for our own biology; but it is definitely an interesting idea to explore whether we could theoretically expose virus to EM radiation at a wavelength that is harmful to the virus but tolerable for our own biology. The whole basis of cancer therapy is exactly this, except it is actually worse because we are exposing our body to radiation that fucks up dividing normal cells as bad as tumor cells, but we determine the benefit is worth the very high cost.

But it is a fair criticism that a WH press briefing isn't the time or place to be making such ruminations, and Trump isn't knowledgeable or careful enough in his wording he should be the one giving the message.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

hes mentally ill dude. cnn didnt doctor the footage of him saying what he said moments after he said it.

dunning-kruger effect. google it.
    In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

pretty much said this to my wife the other day without actually knowing there was an actual medical term for it

Comments

sonatine: its a fucking rosetta stone for understanding america right now is what it is

Load Metric

The point isn't who is lying more. The point is most of you just accept the lies coming from one side. The fact that the lies may not be as bad doesn't make it ok.

Just because Fox is lying doesn't mean CNN is telling the truth. That is a false dichotomy you all seem to accept.

Also, lying maybe isn't the right word, because most of the time good propaganda isn't lying at all. It is pushing the consumer to accept your narrative using suggestive wording.

If you actually read what Trump said, without already being subjected to the MSM interpretation of what he meant, I doubt many would come to the conclusion you all have what he was saying or his intent.

I don't know if it can be done, because the truth is for the most part the chemistry that dictates how viral capsids and viral RNA works is the same as for our own biology; but it is definitely an interesting idea to explore whether we could theoretically expose virus to EM radiation at a wavelength that is harmful to the virus but tolerable for our own biology. The whole basis of cancer therapy is exactly this, except it is actually worse because we are exposing our body to radiation that fucks up dividing normal cells as bad as tumor cells, but we determine the benefit is worth the very high cost.

But it is a fair criticism that a WH press briefing isn't the time or place to be making such ruminations, and Trump isn't knowledgeable or careful enough in his wording he should be the one giving the message.
    I will ask you again.

Post some proof of cnn lying.

I will save you the trouble.They are not lying or making shit up.

Druff never the question too because like you he can't post proof because there isn't any flat out lies to post.
    Last edited by big dick; 04-24-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Load Metric
    "Wow. That is a little unsettling, folks,” Cavuto said on Friday. “Got to clarify this. The president was not joking in his remarks yesterday when he talked about injecting people with disinfectant, nor were we imagining the incredulous looks he got from his medical team when he made the suggestion.”

fox news is also biased, apparently

Comments

Walter Sobchak: so biased

Load Metric

no no we get your point, its just that we find impossible to agree with because its how a toddler approaches truth; that a great lie is somehow just as bad as ... what exactly? what lies are you freaking out about on CNN?

what CNN lie is as bad as benghazi? birtherism? virus=hoax?

we have been trying to pin you down on this point and you seem to be super into retreating to this "ALL TRUTHS MATTER" style of capitulation-without-capitulating where you simultaneously try to diffuse the situation by acknowledging that fox/oann are malicious actors distributing agitprop, but then claim that CNN is somehow just as bad.

please give examples for your thesis.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Chris Cuomo's basement exit onv

Load Metric
    verm?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Trump claimed his statement was sarcastic which doesn’t really fit with what you are saying.
    Do you think he is telling the truth he was being sarcastic? He is obviously lying right now. He is a compulsive liar.

There is literally no interpretation (good or bad) of what he said that "I was being sarcastic" sounds truthful for.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Do you think he is telling the truth he was being sarcastic? He is obviously lying right now. He is a compulsive liar.

There is literally no interpretation (good or bad) of what he said that "I was being sarcastic" sounds truthful for.
    oh verm, we were making such progress with you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyone dead yet ? Another classic PFA prediction, 300 pages of fail <3 ... so many lols

Platinum
    Load Metric

no no we get your point, its just that we find impossible to agree with because its how a toddler approaches truth; that a great lie is somehow just as bad as ... what exactly? what lies are you freaking out about on CNN?

what CNN lie is as bad as benghazi? birtherism? virus=hoax?

we have been trying to pin you down on this point and you seem to be super into retreating to this "ALL TRUTHS MATTER" style of capitulation-without-capitulating where you simultaneously try to diffuse the situation by acknowledging that fox/oann are malicious actors distributing agitprop, but then claim that CNN is somehow just as bad.

please give examples for your thesis.
    You clearly dont remember, but a few years back I had a whole thread on this site devoted to how CNN manipulates people into thinking things that aren't true, chock full of examples. In the context of the CV pandemic, like I said, it isn't lying per se, but for a few months they just uncritically accepted the narrative coming from the political and expert class that restricting travel and wearing masks wasn't indicated, despite the fact that countries like China, SK, and Tawain were doing these things to great effect in controlling the virus. If the media wasn't completely compromised they should have been first in line questioning this obvious bullshit.

The whole Epstein debacle is another perfect example of a completely compromised media allowing a story to just die with giant holes in it, without asking any of the real questions that should be asked.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Wow Dead Milkmen reference!

Thread Information