Page 291 of 947 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 18929

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I would again like to point out that I probably read DailyMail more than anyone else here, and even I acknowledge they have licensing agreements with the CCP, so we should probably take anything coming from DailyMail with a grain of salt.

For one, you have to be clear to make a demarcation between actual study results, and "propaganda" adjacent to said results.

For example, when they reference a research paper that says scientists looked at a bunch of different stains in vitro and determined some strains infect human in vitro cell lines better than others, that is fine.

Them citing "reports" that a group of Americans (whatever this even means) are responsible for spreading a specific virulent strain in Wuhan, that is just propaganda.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

i'm friends with some people at huge tech firms in silicon valley. at least from the tech side, they literally can't find americans that have the training or ability to do these jobs anymore, which is why they're all asian/indian

our country is quickly becoming third world

respectfully if you chase down the source of that narrative, you will find an indian person.
    Anyone who works an international job within a multinational corporation will tell you the most bullshit narrative going is that the typical American worker is stupid and lazy. This is only trumped on occasion by the second most bullshit narrative *Insert Asian country here* are so smart and the hardest working people on earth.

Load Metric
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hy...udy-2020-04-21

Tough break, team retard.

Wonder how many additional people died because of this Fox News nonsense that jenius parroted?

Hopefully Druff's friend with Lupus isn't having to go without their meds due to right wing propaganda idiocy.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

respectfully if you chase down the source of that narrative, you will find an indian person.
    Anyone who works an international job within a multinational corporation will tell you the most bullshit narrative going is that the typical American worker is stupid and lazy. This is only trumped on occasion by the second most bullshit narrative *Insert Asian country here* are so smart and the hardest working people on earth.

in fairness the silicon valley version of this is that all the qualified americans are employed/unavailable. eg the tech worker shortage fallacy.

the reality is a bit more complicated, but not much (pretend this is the before before time when there was an economy / fewer plagues);

most qualified people are employed and not looking to jump ship, its impossible to scalp people into bay area positions because real estate costs, no one wants to pay market rates in general, and perhaps the most significant: most of these positions would have been staffed by 3-4 people a couple of years ago. but because of How Tech Is, its preferable to hire one person to do a passable performance in a role that is really several roles, instead of paying to have experts staff each role.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also third world countries are lapping us on STEM courses so yeah they're more qualified.

Load Metric
    basically our whole country is becoming south dakota

Load Metric
    granted but what makes someone desirable for these tech gigs isnt necessarily covered in STEM.

medical/research type gigs sure. and just having basic competence in science, definitely.

but a STEM guy isnt going to know how to get javascript debugged at 3am necessarily.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    This is a WAR! We are all enlisted and have to get out there for the benefit of ALL, NOT THE 1%.

Trump is right, the cure is gonna be worse than the disease. Sorry faggots.

Comments

blake: I’m beginning to age with this
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Those wanting to go AWOL, FUCKING HOLE YOURSELVES IN AND FUCKING LET THE REST OF US BATTLE THIS OUT!

Comments

sonatine: hole
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Fucking iphone

blake: I’m beginning to age with this

meant beginning to agree with this, though age is also factually correct

Load Metric
    adjusting for some inputs, my excel model is indicating that blake is worth ~ $165 /mo and that’s operating under the assumption that he makes at least 45 posts a month. No offense of course, that’s just what the model is saying.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    This is a WAR! We are all enlisted and have to get out there for the benefit of ALL, NOT THE 1%.

Trump is right, the cure is gonna be worse than the disease. Sorry faggots.
    Let's see what happens in Georgia. Hopefully they reopen and things go well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hy...udy-2020-04-21

Tough break, team retard.

Wonder how many additional people died because of this Fox News nonsense that jenius parroted?

Hopefully Druff's friend with Lupus isn't having to go without their meds due to right wing propaganda idiocy.
    My friend taking the medication just posted a pic of the bottle she got refilled, so she's fine. Thank you for your concern.

I like how the idiot writing the article wrote this:

Patients asked about it soon after Trump started promoting its use, and a couple in Arizona took chloroquine phosphate as a preventative with disastrous consequences, “but now I think that people have realized we don’t know if [hydroxychloroquine] works or not” and that the matter needs more study, said Safdar, who had no role in the VA analysis.
    Incredibly misleading. The Arizona took couple took a non-medication form of chloroquine, not under direction of a doctor. Furthermore, while the wife blamed Trump after the husband died, a quick look into her history was that she was a Democrat who was a member of anti-Trump Facebook groups, (including a "pro-science, anti-Trump" group) so it's unlikely she took any medical advice from him. She had previously committed domestic violence against her husband, so you connect the dots here.

Anyway, clearly this wasn't the case of an idiot Trump supporter taking something he said to take, and dying. This was a Trump-hater whose husband took it and died, and then she blamed Trump.

Load Metric
    Over 2700 deaths today. Bloodbath. Slight downturn in new cases. Mid-high 20s. Statistical noise on deaths. Slight downward trend on cases seem real. I am to the point I don’t much give a fuck.

Walked 4 miles this morning. Ran a few miles before that before back just wasn’t having it. Running is old news. Can’t take the impact. I’m ready for the wu tang. Lungs felt strong.

I don’t see how with over 20k cases a day we aren’t at 50k a day in six weeks. We went from basically dick to 30k daily in a few months. How fast to 50k with 20k cases roaming around? Still think this buries 150-200k this year even with respite in dead of summer. I noticed at stores the minute they started talking opening up 5/1, mask usage went from like 60% to 25% in days. We just aren’t mask culture. You start talking opening and people think it’s over.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    My friend taking the medication just posted a pic of the bottle she got refilled, so she's fine. Thank you for your concern.

Patients asked about it soon after Trump started promoting its use, and a couple in Arizona took chloroquine phosphate as a preventative with disastrous consequences, “but now I think that people have realized we don’t know if [hydroxychloroquine] works or not” and that the matter needs more study, said Safdar, who had no role in the VA analysis.
    Incredibly misleading. The Arizona took couple took a non-medication form of chloroquine, not under direction of a doctor. Furthermore, while the wife blamed Trump after the husband died, a quick look into her history was that she was a Democrat who was a member of anti-Trump Facebook groups, (including a "pro-science, anti-Trump" group) so it's unlikely she took any medical advice from him. She had previously committed domestic violence against her husband, so you connect the dots here.

Anyway, clearly this wasn't the case of an idiot Trump supporter taking something he said to take, and dying. This was a Trump-hater whose husband took it and died, and then she blamed Trump.
    Congrats to your friend. A real shame that there is a shortage of available meds due to this insanity.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covi...va-virus-study

State news finally are quietly acknowledging their deceit, posted only for the shitshow of brainwashed lunatics yelling fake news to their own propaganda network.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    also third world countries are lapping us on STEM courses so yeah they're more qualified.
    I haven't seen the stats as to whether or not they're really "lapping" us, but there's more interest in this field in third world countries because that's often the way out of the country.

Third world tech employees will often work cheaper (even the ones in the US -- the ones working from their home country will work dirt cheap), but frequently you get what you pay for.

Load Metric
    Coronavirus outbreak's second wave may be worse, CDC chief warns

FUCKKK

Load Metric
    She spent 9 days in a coma and relearned how to walk. What this Covid-19 survivor wants protesters to know

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/21/u...ers/index.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Over 2700 deaths today. Bloodbath. Slight downturn in new cases. Mid-high 20s. Statistical noise on deaths. Slight downward trend on cases seem real. I am to the point I don’t much give a fuck.

Walked 4 miles this morning. Ran a few miles before that before back just wasn’t having it. Running is old news. Can’t take the impact. I’m ready for the wu tang. Lungs felt strong.

I don’t see how with over 20k cases a day we aren’t at 50k a day in six weeks. We went from basically dick to 30k daily in a few months. How fast to 50k with 20k cases roaming around? Still think this buries 150-200k this year even with respite in dead of summer. I noticed at stores the minute they started talking opening up 5/1, mask usage went from like 60% to 25% in days. We just aren’t mask culture. You start talking opening and people think it’s over.
    Yes, this is why I'm confused about the opening thing. It seems like some just want to throw the doors open and go back to normal (and not just the crazy types who are protesting), as if we did our time at home, and it's mostly better now. It's not.

The death rate has actually been around the same for most of April. Some days better, some days worse, and I believe they're now testing people for COVID-19 who die at home of unknown causes, whereas they weren't before. That might explain the fact that the death rate hasn't fallen despite the 5 weeks of social distancing. It also might be the case that people get to the death stage at various rates, and some of the people dying today may have gotten this in March.

I wasn't understanding the 60k deaths in the US claim semi-recently. At the time they said it, I noticed that I thought we would be at 50k deaths by April 30. We're going to blow way past 50k on April 30, it turns out. We're past 45k and it's only this middle of April 21. Looks more like 60k by April 30.

I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to go out and do my hikes on off-the-beaten-path trails, but that's it. Nothing else. Not until I either have the antibodies (and those tests are reliable) or an effective treatment is found. I'll do this shit for a year if I have to.

My concern is Benjamin going back to school in late August. How will August look? Will it be similar to today? If he returns to school, it's likely he catches it at some point, and then it would be almost impossible to avoid getting it myself. Guess I'll have to cross that bridge when we get there. Honestly if there's no treatment, I hope they just continue the distance learning, even though it's mostly ineffective.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Congrats to your friend. A real shame that there is a shortage of available meds due to this insanity.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covi...va-virus-study

State news finally are quietly acknowledging their deceit, posted only for the shitshow of brainwashed lunatics yelling fake news to their own propaganda network.
    Trump telling these people to take this drug might be the worst thing he has done in the LONG list of horrific things he has said and done.

Fuck trump and fuck fox news

And fuck these white trash scumbags running around with machine guns and chanting usa usa usa

Thread Information