Page 280 of 946 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    I wonder if anyone built Florida Man into their model?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    BMI has to be between 18.5 and 24.9 to be in the healthy range. Those 25-29 are overweight, still not healthy. The problem with America is 40% are OBESE. The number of obese Americans has been steadily growing. Then we have the super obese omg.

I am not happy about that. It is sad. It is extending to children and ruining their lives.

We have to move beyond an acceptance of this epidemic which is worse than covid. Our culture has become too much of a don’t offend anyone and promote unhealthy fast food sedentary lifestyle.

I hope covid wakes a lot of people up about how weight and lifestyle will end you life well before it should. I don’t think it will. Our culture has to change and our doctors need to do more than just tell people they need to lose weight.
    I'm sure Druff believes he is in the healthy overweight category but he is probably more towards the OBESE category.

People eat too much shitty processed food and dairy products.

If you want to be healthy...

NO Sugar.
    NO Dairy Products.
    NO Processed Foods.

If you consume these...YOU are most likely overweight and maybe obese.

Comments

splitthis: He is overweight bordering obese

Load Metric
    I also think the absence of daily aerobic activity is adding to corona deaths. Aerobic activity causes your lungs to work and the muscles supporting them to become stronger. I notice the difference in my lung capacity from the beginning of my daily workout and the end. I wonder if normal weight people who died had little to no aerobic activity in their lives.

Couple this with obesity which restricts normal expansion of lungs add corona=death.

At least daily everyone should get their heart and lungs pumping minimum 20 mins. DAILY. It’s not that hard I do 90 mins to 2 hours. Get it together people or perish.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    One third of participants in Massachusetts study tested positive for antibodies linked to coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/science/thir...dy-coronavirus

The Mass. General study took samples from 200 residents on the street in Chelsea, MA. Participants remained anonymous and provided a drop of blood to researchers, who were able to produce a result in ten minutes with a rapid test.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    One third of participants in Massachusetts study tested positive for antibodies linked to coronavirus

The Mass. General study took samples from 200 residents on the street in Chelsea, MA. Participants remained anonymous and provided a drop of blood to researchers, who were able to produce a result in ten minutes with a rapid test.
    You are obsessed with this thread. You are actually googling articles from various states for the sole reason to put in this thread. I would hate to see your carpet, probably all matted down with stains on it. You have lost your mind.

Comments

blake: lol carpets. all hardwood you failed plumber.

Walter Sobchak: flush yourself down the next toilet you unclog

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: it will be good news when you shut the fuck up

Load Metric
    Donald Trump says China 'MUST have the most' coronavirus deaths worldwide not America - while official figures show US death toll is SEVEN times higher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-America.html

I thought that 39,000 deaths for the United States is too low. 300,000 is a more believable number.

As for China, who knows? At least 42,000 dead is probably more accurate in just Wuhan, China. But that figure could be much bigger. Six million Chinese cellphones just disappeared.

Load Metric
    Coronavirus may have started spreading as early as September, say British scientists who are studying its mutations

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-Wuhan.html

Geneticist DR Peter Forster led team of researchers at University of Cambridge

They think outbreak started at a point between September 13 and December 7

Researchers discovered coronavirus had three separate strands - A, B, and C

Dr Forster's scientists found that Wuhan was primarily hit with Type B strand

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Actually a lot better sample than the Stanford one, which took volunteers (which pretty much ruined the entire study).

Still not scientific, but at least locally random.

Load Metric
    The trend is going down in the US at a fast clip. This will be gone in a few weeks.

I have not seen a leader in a crisis like this since Churchill.

DJT <----------

Comments

TheXFactor: Trump is NO Churchill more like Beavis and Butt-Head.

Walter Sobchak: eat a dick

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Donald Trump says China 'MUST have the most' coronavirus deaths worldwide not America - while official figures show US death toll is SEVEN times higher

I thought that 39,000 deaths for the United States is too low. 300,000 is a more believable number.

As for China, who knows? At least 42,000 dead is probably more accurate in just Wuhan, China. But that figure could be much bigger. Six million Chinese cellphones just disappeared.

Maher is a big-time Hollywood left winger who has a few hot-button issues where he agrees with the right, and he likes to throw these into the left's face so he can appear like an edgy, logical, independent thinker.

He's basically a leftist who disagrees with political correctness and identity politics, and also hates Muslims.

Load Metric
    and to be clear, i think the article about massachusetts i posted is good news as these people were largely asymptomatic. i.e.. they may have had it and gotten past it without even knowing it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Maher is a big-time Hollywood left winger who has a few hot-button issues where he agrees with the right, and he likes to throw these into the left's face so he can appear like an edgy, logical, independent thinker.

He's basically a leftist who disagrees with political correctness and identity politics, and also hates Muslims.

He's a libertarian Hillary hater that was strong enough to not drink the Trump cool aid (yeah, that's a dig at you).

The guy trashes everyone, and most of it is legitimate criticism.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

He's a libertarian Hillary hater that was strong enough to not drink the Trump cool aid (yeah, that's a dig at you).

He's a "libertarian" the same way far-right conserviatives who support drug legalization are "libertarian", just on the other side.

Regardless of how he classifies himself, he's basically just an anti-SJW leftist. That's better than an SJW leftist, but still a leftist.

Also, remember that this is a guy who wanted a recession so Donald Trump would lose. Sure, a multi-millionaire whose job is safe was wishing for a recession, which would result in massive economic hardship for others. Great guy.
    That take, shortly before the coronavirus outbreak, didn't age very well.

Diamond
    Load Metric

dumb, considering Trump& Maher have feuded for years

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/06/showb...uit/index.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually, this isn't "chilling" at all.

You have to understand US culture to realize that this is typical. The same line would exist during normal times. In fact, I've seen many real-life examples of it, where a radio station is giving away a free or cheap tank of gasoline, and people will wait 6 hours in line for it.

Sadly, Americans hear that something is "free", and they naturally will wait in ridiculously long lines to get it (provided the free item is worth more than a few dollars).

I always laugh at the fools who will spend 6 hours on line to save $40 on gasoline, but won't take a much shorter (and less tedious) amount of time to comparison shop for bigger purchases, which saves far more money.

Comments

thesidedish: tr00, lol @ total rewards giveaways

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Coronavirus may have started spreading as early as September, say British scientists who are studying its mutations

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-Wuhan.html

Geneticist DR Peter Forster led team of researchers at University of Cambridge

They think outbreak started at a point between September 13 and December 7

Researchers discovered coronavirus had three separate strands - A, B, and C

Dr Forster's scientists found that Wuhan was primarily hit with Type B strand

I thought it was reported that NY and NJ got infected via Europe which seems to be the more deadly strand. I’m sticking to my guns that California had a less deadly strand thus it went almost undetected through flu season late last year. I guess the next question is, let’s say you had type A, does that give you immunity to the other two?

Load Metric

Bill Maher has a really really great show despite it being hosted by Bill Maher.

I wish they would keep the format and recast the host.

Comments

sonatine: honestly

Load Metric
    bill maher is god

Load Metric

Comments

nightmarefish: Wtf?

duped_samaritan: fair

Thread Information