Page 264 of 947 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 18937

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric

are you sure about those facts? because the GOP is super sure this is a hoax or perhaps the rapture.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Oh, I see, it was the latest Fox "news" propaganda
    & I got outnumbered by Dr's salt & pepper, again.

Why do people on the right always talk like they are thinking for themselves,
    then recite Fox "news" BS word for word.
    Flying squirrels, useful idiots,
    I’ll side vs those two oreo’s all day long.

Comments

nightmarefish: Right on brand you post something from Fox News almost daily. NO ONE ELSE ON THIS SHIT GIVES A SHIT ABOUT FN.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Sadly for principled conservatives, such as George Will, Mitt Romney, etc., the reality of why Trump behaves the way he does in response to the COVID-19 threat is that it interferes with his on-going agenda of using his power in office to personally enrich himself and his family, as well as glorify himself, at the expense of anyone of doesn’t help him do so. Just ask the decades-long trail of outside investors, lenders, contractors, subcontractors, and employees, among others, who have been screwed by Trump every which way one could imagine, all the while with Trump somehow coming out financially enriched while others absorbed accumulated losses in the billions of dollars.

Which is why the breadth and scale of Trump’s corrupt acts as President related to the crisis should not be a surprise to anyone with half a brain, including Druff.

https://apple.news/AA4nQIHOMQFCYd4HsymAPiQ
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

i bet antifa did something just as awful right druff? yeah, fuckin antifa. i bet they got some of that sweet iran money that obama sent to iran because benghazi. and used to finance things just as insanely awful as this.

definitely.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: George Soros obv

MumblesBadly: Waiting for Druff to post how those Confederotards should be charged with felonies for blocking traffic.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    sonatine is absolutely dominating this thread, so much so that i’m starting to think he should be a PAID poster.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Team retard talking points for Druff to add to his WHO argunent:

dumb bitch doesn't even know what the 19 stands for.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i bet antifa did something just as awful right druff? yeah, fuckin antifa. i bet they got some of that sweet iran money that obama sent to iran because benghazi. and used to finance things just as insanely awful as this.

definitely.

So what's your point here?

That Antifa aren't the only assholes who block traffic?

Brilliant take.

Or wait... is this supposed to be an indictment of people I support? The Proud Boys are known anti-Semites. I hate them as much as I hate Antifa.

Thanks for helping prove my assertion that only pieces of shit block traffic to make a political point. Also thanks for comparing Antifa to the Proud Boys. I agree. Nice to see we have common ground.

Comments

big dick: yeah im unhinged lol.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    sonatine is absolutely dominating this thread, so much so that i’m starting to think he should be a PAID poster.
    He'll get a percentage of net profits.

Comments

splitthis: 0.0

Load Metric

definitely.
    white trash acting like white trash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick
    yeah im unhinged lol
    How am I unhinged here?

sonatine posted about the Proud Boys blocking traffic, as if that's sort of gotcha to me because I previously bashed Antifa and Black Lives Matter for doing the same thing.

Except the Proud Boys are a bunch of white trash anti-Semites, who clearly aren't people I've ever supported. How exactly was this a burn on my allegiances?

Load Metric
    how about you answer my questions 1st before asking me to answer your questions?

post #5185

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Getting away from the idiotic politicking here....

The deaths in the US spiked up for the last 2 days after trending down for the previous two days.

Unless the data is wrong or delayed, it looks like the last two days have been the worst we've seen, both with over 2400 deaths from 5pm to 5pm PDT.

(This is according to worldometers.)

Now, I realize that this number might simply mean a peak of infections 2-3 weeks ago, but that's still a bit odd because the social distancing started about a month ago,

This could mean one of a few things:

1) The true peak of infections was about a month ago, and there were a lot of people hanging on by a thread for 2 weeks or so, before dying over the past 2 days
    -or-
    2) The social distancing isn't working as well as we thought
    -or-
    3) The last two days contain some retroactive reporting of deaths which previously occurred on other days, such as the people found dead in their homes

One good sign, if the numbers are accurate, is that worldometers reports only an increase of 14 "serious/critical" cases in the past 24 hours! That's a bit hard to believe, and maybe there's some error or reporting lag there, but it would be great if the number of serious cases has gone way down. That would mean we will see a hugely reduced death rate by the end of April.

Comments

splitthis: Just are prolonging the misery for everyone

Load Metric

Load Metric
    if you removed politics, this whole thread would be 12 pages

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ARCpoint Labs is now doing anitbody tests in the US. They claim their test is 97% accurate, which I find hard to believe. The FDA has not yet approved them.

You can do these drive-up test by appointment only. They cost $200 and are not covered by insurance.

https://www.arcpointlabs.com/covid-19-antibody-testing/

They are in several US cities. Google ARCpoint Labs to find out if they are where you live.

I considered doing this, but given that I don't know if I can trust it, what will it really tell me? Even with a positive result, I wouldn't feel emboldened to return to normal life anyway. The $200 doesn't bother me. I would gladly pay $200 to see if I was one of the lucky ones who had it already and didn't know.

Also, it's like 50 miles from me, and while there's probably no traffic (which is a huge factor driving in LA), I think it would end up being a waste of time and money, because I think it's very likely it would come up negative. It's hard to believe that, being 48 and having high blood pressure, I could have had it and not known. I will say that I had that weird sore throat and fatigue combo about 2 weeks ago, and a dry cough last week for 2 days, but it never progressed further either time, and the symptoms vanished. I would be more curious about my girlfriend, who had an unexplained fever.

Load Metric

The deaths in the US spiked up for the last 2 days after trending down for the previous two days.

Unless the data is wrong or delayed, it looks like the last two days have been the worst we've seen, both with over 2400 deaths from 5pm to 5pm PDT.

(This is according to worldometers.)

Now, I realize that this number might simply mean a peak of infections 2-3 weeks ago, but that's still a bit odd because the social distancing started about a month ago,

This could mean one of a few things:

1) The true peak of infections was about a month ago, and there were a lot of people hanging on by a thread for 2 weeks or so, before dying over the past 2 days
    -or-
    2) The social distancing isn't working as well as we thought
    -or-
    3) The last two days contain some retroactive reporting of deaths which previously occurred on other days, such as the people found dead in their homes

One good sign, if the numbers are accurate, is that worldometers reports only an increase of 14 "serious/critical" cases in the past 24 hours! That's a bit hard to believe, and maybe there's some error or reporting lag there, but it would be great if the number of serious cases has gone way down. That would mean we will see a hugely reduced death rate by the end of April.
    Nearly 4,000 deaths that occurred in homes have not been added yet.
    These deaths are just in NY, I'm sure there's a load more from other places that have not been reported.

Load Metric
    Before cv19 NYC averaged 20 people per day dying at home . After cv19 they're averaging 200.

Prob just a coincidence
    Last edited by big dick; 04-15-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Before cv19 NYC averaged 20 people per day dying at home . After cv19 they're averaging 200.

Prob just a coincidence
    Okay?

I hope you realize I was never one of the people denying the seriousness or the deadliness of COVID-19. You won't find any of that from me in the entire thread. That's why I quit Commerce in late January, despite being on a very good run there.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    does he really have a phd?
    Probably not.

He really wants us to think he does though.
    Feel free to think whatever you want.

Load Metric
    has anyone seen a chart mapping the actual death rates in the US or specific states or cities in 2018, 2019 and 2020?

i'm curious how many more deaths we're seeing because of this virus but i haven't been able to find that info online

Thread Information