Page 259 of 947 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 18936

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I very much support Trump's plan to stop US funding of the WHO.

Fuck them. We shouldn't give one dime to a puppet organization of China which is partially responsible for this pandemic being as bad as it is.

And then in Feb he went and did literally the same thing China did in early Jan/Dec.
    How can any rational person readthis and think oh okay trump is doing a fine job.

the fat fuck went on national tv yesterday and told everyone how he was in charge and he makes all the decisions... ect ect

now today he said the exact opposite.

The president of the united states. The most powerful man in the world who clearly wants our country to be a dictatorship flip flops from one day to the next

you people who support him are dumber than dirt.

Load Metric
    neil young's music is strangely calming

Load Metric

Comments

big dick: .
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    in big letters so the sheep can see it

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Does anyone know why dum dum don turned down the testing kits from the WHO? Why not take them and if ya dont need em just dont use em.

Id rather have a gun and not need it then need it and not have it.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of turning down the kits? I can't think of any cons. But maybe someone knows something idk

Comments

OSA: the kits are for 3rd world countries moron not a superpower like the US

Crowe Diddly: Maybe the first, largest mistake Trump made that any reasonable person could have avoided rep

Load Metric
    Does anyone here think the WHO is anything but a puppet of China?
    Do you really think that Trump defunded WHO in the middle of a global pandemic for any reason other than to control the narrative and move some of the heat he's been getting to someone else?

When Trump was praising China in early Feb, it was in the same way you praise the work of a shitty co-worker because he has an essential job to do, and you don't want to piss him off and make things worse.
    Adding this one to the list.

Comments

Salty_Aus: OBVIOUSLY

Load Metric

last time I checked benchmark oil is down 25% since this supposedly great deal was made.

this guy is a seriously demented moron

Load Metric
    The WHO had much more visibility into the whole thing in the early stages than Trump.

When Trump was praising China in early Feb, it was in the same way you praise the work of a shitty co-worker because he has an essential job to do, and you don't want to piss him off and make things worse. This was also before it became clear to the US the full extent that China had been lying, and before they reduced their infection/death reports to near zero (which laughably continues to this day).

Trump had a difficult dance with China at the time. The WHO, on the other hand, has one job, and that's to protect the world's health. They knew early on that there was human-to-human transmission, and helped China suppress that fact.

In any case, even if you think Trump is just as bad as the WHO, that doesn't mean the WHO deserves funding. That would just mean you think both of them suck, right?

Dude seriously.

They're in a tough spot. Sure the WHO should have insisted Taiwan was totally included. But they can't really throw their weight around and upset the apple cart. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Obviously Trump is doing this as he wants someone to blame.

Has The World Health Orginisation pandereded to the Chinese?... yeah maybe but you catch more flies with honey then vinegar.

Is the US getting good value for the money? Probably not as it's biased towards helping poor countries.

Not a lot of money though is it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

last time I checked benchmark oil is down 25% since this supposedly great deal was made.

like ill be honest with you; when i first heard they had trump on alternating daily amphetamine / benzo doses i said ok it could be true but its probably not.

at this point i think we've decision tree'd this to a point where its unimaginable that its not true. i know 30.. 40 year old adderall uses whose brains absolutely do not work right anymore because of it, and trumps been on this shit since the 80s.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

like ill be honest with you; when i first heard they had trump on alternating daily amphetamine / benzo doses i said ok it could be true but its probably not.

at this point i think we've decision tree'd this to a point where its unimaginable that its not true. i know 30.. 40 year old adderall uses whose brains absolutely do not work right anymore because of it, and trumps been on this shit since the 80s.

Nice, so now you're calling our President a functioning crackhead.

Real Nice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Real Nice.
    Plenty of folks have been saying this for years. And there was that photograph of his drawer full of Sudafed, and another with him eating a meal with a box scrunched underneath.

Think it was non-US Sudafed too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Real Nice.
    Plenty of folks have been saying this for years. And there was that photograph of his drawer full of Sudafed, and another with him eating a meal with a box scrunched underneath.

there is also the photograph of the prescription he got for speed in the 80s.

that dr was absolutely notorious, i think he got arrested for it eventually.

Load Metric

there is also the photograph of the prescription he got for speed in the 80s.

that dr was absolutely notorious, i think he got arrested for it eventually.
    There was rumours he had a coke habit too in the early days.

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of doubt on drug use and simply judge him on his actions.

No doubt in my mind he's a textbook narcissist with other associated disorders. And his cognitive abilities are without doubt compromised.

Load Metric
    'This is unfair for the liberal media to exploit; I can read into Trump's tweets like he is a donk at the poker tables. It's clear that he 'praised China' here as if he were a supportive colleague encouraging a shitty employee when they were tasked with an essential job.' -Druff, literally
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The WHO had much more visibility into the whole thing in the early stages than Trump.

When Trump was praising China in early Feb, it was in the same way you praise the work of a shitty co-worker because he has an essential job to do, and you don't want to piss him off and make things worse. This was also before it became clear to the US the full extent that China had been lying, and before they reduced their infection/death reports to near zero (which laughably continues to this day).

Trump had a difficult dance with China at the time. The WHO, on the other hand, has one job, and that's to protect the world's health. They knew early on that there was human-to-human transmission, and helped China suppress that fact.

In any case, even if you think Trump is just as bad as the WHO, that doesn't mean the WHO deserves funding. That would just mean you think both of them suck, right?

Dude seriously.

They're in a tough spot. Sure the WHO should have insisted Taiwan was totally included. But they can't really throw their weight around and upset the apple cart. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Has The World Health Orginisation pandereded to the Chinese?... yeah maybe but you catch more flies with honey then vinegar.

Is the US getting good value for the money? Probably not as it's biased towards helping poor countries.

Forget Taiwan for the moment. That's just a symptom of the overall problem.

Question: Do you think the WHO lied on behalf of China? If not under pressure from China, do you believe they would have give a different answer in late December and early January regarding human-to-human transmission?

This isn't about value for money. The WHO has been awful and failed at the one job they had to do. Instead, they said what China wanted them to say, and that has costed many lives.

If they didn't exist at all, we'd actually be better off, because we wouldn't have gotten misinformation which we trusted at the time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's like certain people here have never heard of international diplomacy.

China was ground zero for this illness. They had the experience first. We needed to learn about it from them. If Trump said, "President Xi is a lying SOB and is covering everything up, I don't trust a word he says", then China would have clammed up even further, and you'd all be accusing Trump of being divisive instead of trying to work with China to learn about the true threat of the virus.

Trump always speaks and tweets in superlatives. Anything positive he writes about someone includes phrases like "great job" or "tremendous job". Clearly his praise for Xi and China there was to make it look like he was supporting their efforts, so we'd get greater cooperation.

To compare him to the WHO (which has the specific job of reporting health facts to the world, and LIED on behalf of China) is ludicrous.

Again, even if you want to say Trump was just as much at fault as the WHO for praising China, that doesn't make the WHO look any better.

Why do some of you have such a high level of TDS to where you're afraid to agree with anything Trump criticizes?

Is it so tough to say, "Yeah, the WHO is awful and is China's puppet"?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    This is the funniest answer the alt right gives.
    'I don't watch fox news, I hit like on every pro Trump post I see, then watch what comes across my facebook feed.'

# 1 When I say Fox "news" its like a gambler talking about the ‘vegas line’, it covers everyone from ben Shapiro, to Alex Jones.
    Anyone who uses the term "deep state" w/any amount of seriousness.
    # 2 maybe you don't, but whoever you get your news from, does.

I like how Laura Ingram tells LeBron to stick to hoops,
    but Trump wants to venture into medicine, that is fine.

Small Chloroquine Study Halted Over Risk of Fatal Heart Complications

A research trial of coronavirus patients in Brazil ended after patients taking a higher dose of chloroquine, one of the drugs President Trump has promoted, developed irregular heart rates.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/h...e=articleShare

Hey
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    To whoever JimmyG is, I don't watch cable news.
    I'm apparently alt right, watch these people I've barely heard of on Fox News and wear a MAGA hat because I don't buy a mainstream media narrative. - It's way easier to dismiss someone's argument this way than to actually refute it. Ironically the type who do this are actually the carbon copy libtards that the alt right correctly labeled as NPCs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just so I'm understanding here...

Sloppy Joe, duped_samaritan, and sonatine are all making the case that the WHO didn't lie for China, and they know this because Trump praised China at some point in January and early February.

Therefore, it's wrong to defund the WHO, since they totally didn't lie.

Totally sane reasoning from people who aren't letting partisan hatred cloud their judgment.

Load Metric

Dude seriously.

Forget Taiwan for the moment. That's just a symptom of the overall problem.

Question: Do you think the WHO lied on behalf of China? If not under pressure from China, do you believe they would have give a different answer in late December and early January regarding human-to-human transmission?

This isn't about value for money. The WHO has been awful and failed at the one job they had to do. Instead, they said what China wanted them to say, and that has costed many lives.

If they didn't exist at all, we'd actually be better off, because we wouldn't have gotten misinformation which we trusted at the time.
    The tests. Why did trump not accept the test kits? Do you not see what's happening? Trump is trying to find someone to blame for his mistakes. It's that simple druff. Who cares about fucking Taiwan dude? You should be worried about what's happeing in your own god dam country not Whether WHO is pro china.

You people do nothing but blame others. You and people like you blame everyone for everything.

Someone isn't always trying to get on over on you druff... sure there is a certain percentage of dishonest scumbags like OSA but the majority of people are not trying to get one over on you druff.

You so worried about being fucked over that you won't even get married to the mother of your child. You complain and bitch about valet car drivers and all the other nonsens that you do on a daily basis. You think galfond rigged the match.

Have you ever played a heads up match of pot limit omaha vs a profesional poker player? I know yo havent because you would rather die than give action to anyone that isnt a drooler. You butt your nose in and made a claim that it might be rigged without any evidence and no experience on the matter besides your fucking gut.
    No wonder you like trump he does the same shit but it's not a game he's playing its life and death for a lot of americans.

Thread Information