Page 254 of 947 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354754 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The Tectonix spider query blew my mind in so many ways.

Speaking of college students.

Boston University is seriously targeting 2021 for reopen.

College students, dorms etc are a viral mass transit system.
    I’m surprised when people say anything education isn’t done for 2019/2020 (that isn’t liberty university)

My 11 year old hits google classroom a few times a day and checks in and does some work here or there but it’s very clear it’s just the adminsistrators and teachers doing just enough to get a paycheck.

They may roll the dice with us middle aged folks and send us back into the workforce but they aren’t going to risk it with the kids.
    So I’m sitting here wondering what I would do with an 11 year old. Isolated.

I would 100% teach the kid to trade stonks. Pick out a story every day. Explain all the fuss with averages. Pick a business they know. Give them a play money account. I believe the retail brokers let you paper trade. Tie the play money to your dollars.

My kid was poker savvy well before 11. It was a simpler time though.

I could do kid stonks and make it sexy as hell

Candle stick charting? Hmmm. Little too early for psychology. General chart stuff.

Molding the degenerates of tomorrow.

They also have these coding classes for kids too. but that’s machine learning.

Otherwise the kid is just sexting their middle school friends all afternoon.

Don’t envy you.

Edit
    Fuck spell check
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-13-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Load Metric
    The Tectonix spider query blew my mind in so many ways.

Speaking of college students.

Boston University is seriously targeting 2021 for reopen.

College students, dorms etc are a viral mass transit system.
    I’m surprised when people say anything education isn’t done for 2019/2020 (that isn’t liberty university)

My 11 year old hits google classroom a few times a day and checks in and does some work here or there but it’s very clear it’s just the adminsistrators and teachers doing just enough to get a paycheck.

They may roll the dice with us middle aged folks and send us back into the workforce but they aren’t going to risk it with the kids.

I would 100% teach the kid to trade stonks. Pick out a story every day. Explain all the fuss with averages. Pick a business they know. Give them a play money account. I believe the retail brokers let you paper trade. Tie the play money to your dollars.

Candle stick charting? Hmmm. Little too early for psychology. General chart stuff.

Don’t envy you.

Edit
    Fuck spell check

the correct answer is code.

Comments

OSA: wasnt that the answer 15 yrs ago?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Don’t envy you.

Edit
    Fuck spell check

For some reason this whole exchange reminded me of Lou Reed. I miss him. I’m strange. New York.album. Underrated album. This song reminded of the if you had a kid story given your location and your Vegan Buddhism or whatever it exactly is.

It might be fun to have a kid that I could kick around
    A little me to fill up with my thoughts
    A little me or he or she to fill up with my dreams
    A way of saying life is not a loss

I'd keep the tyke away from school and tutor him myself
    Keep him from the poison of the crowd
    But then again pristine isolation might not be the best idea
    It's not good trying to immortalize yourself

Beginning of a great adventure
    Beginning of a great adventure

Why stop at one, I might have ten, a regular TV brood
    I'd breed a little liberal army in the woods
    Just like these redneck lunatics I see at the local bar
    With their tribe of mutant inbred piglets with cloven hooves

I'd teach 'em how to plant a bomb, start a fire, play guitar
    And if they catch a hunter, shoot him in the nuts
    I'd try to be as progressive as I could possibly be
    As long as I don't have to try too much

Comments

sonatine: i feel like we all missed out by him not having a kid with laurie anderson (sorry laurie)

Sanlmar: Lou Reeds daughter might have looked like Andy Warhol

Walter Sobchak: LOU REED REP

Load Metric

I passed a Sylvan Learning - Coding for Kids storefront recently. Made me take notice.

There is a lot free online coding resources out there. Some kids will get lost in it others will need to be bribed.

Even old guys need Python OSA.

I saw that the State Unemployment Insurance Agencies were desperate for COBOL programmers. Part of the problem with increasing claims throughput was nobody knew how to modify the ancient shit.

Made me think of Druff.

Comments

sonatine: true true

Load Metric
    Damn I love the detours BCR

Load Metric
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was under-rated as an actor.

Load Metric

I passed a Sylvan Learning - Coding for Kids storefront recently. Made me take notice.

There is a lot free online coding resources out there. Some kids will get lost in it others will need to be bribed.

I saw that the State Unemployment Insurance Agencies were desperate for COBOL programmers. Part of the problem with increasing claims throughput was nobody knew how to modify the ancient shit.

Made me think of Druff.
    LOL

Comments

OSA: i got it the 2nd time around lol

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Made me think of Druff.
    I read about the COBOL thing. I almost volunteered, and then saw it wasn't in my state.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LOU REED WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT DAD

Load Metric
    South Dakota governor STILL refuses to give stay-at-home order despite becoming one of the nation's largest coronavirus hot spots - but says it will be the first state to trial experimental drug lauded by Trump

South Dakota Gov Kristi Noem resisted a statewide stay-at-home order Monday

State has become one of nation's largest hot spots with 868 cases and six deaths

Smithfield meat processing plant in Sioux Falls had to close due to outbreak

Health officials said Sunday that 293 of the 868 people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in South Dakota work at the plant

Instead of giving a stay-at-home directive, the governor announced her push to test the drug hydroxychloroquine as an 'offense' against the coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hot-spot.html

Not surprised that the Governor of South Dakota is dumb as fuck. She looks like a fucking nut.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Her big move to fight corona is this snake oil Trump has been selling. Seems smart, Trump has been "right about everything so far" (per Trump)

gut: 2,1

Load Metric
    Same guy who sequenced Seattle flu explaining why it’s impossible for California to have Covid before January. The first positives they had out of over 6000 flu study cases were much later. Explained with travel how it’s statistically impossible for there to be an outbreak of any sort in California in December and have zero cases in Washington. Said you can chart evolution of the virus and it’s directly from China and Europe.

It’s 18 tweets long for all the charts and math and such. He sequenced all the various entry points into US and origin. It’s too much of a pain to embed all those tweets. Click and read. Estimates we have 2-3% infection rate and that 50% is required to reach semblance of here immunity with this RO rate. Long road ahead without vaccine. Feel almost certain we won’t see blake have antibodies unless he had it since Feb and was asymptomatic, in which case his family will likely have antibodies also. Clearly all the CA hope appears to be just wishful thinking.’I was hoping there was this huge number of infected and recovered people out there in California and Philly and elsewhere. This guy seems certain there isn’t.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Sciencing >> anecdotal speculating
    Last edited by BCR; 04-14-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Load Metric
    how could anyone watch trumps rant today and still support him? The man is clearly not well.

he needs to be removed and replaced by Pence or some other republican.

Comments

OSA: you need to be removed

blake:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    how could anyone watch trumps rant today and still support him? The man is clearly not well.

he needs to be removed and replaced by Pence or some other republican.
    Don't worry, he's going to exercise that "total authority" he has and make everything right again.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    This guy is legit putting our country at great risk.

Billionaires, kings, dictators, and business men around the world gotta be worried. I'd imagine someone with power is gonna have to step in here somehow. Surely the most powerful people in the world are not gonna allow a mentally ill game show host to make decisions that could fuck the world up for a good number of years and at the same time cost them lots of money

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: the president doesn't really make decisions

Load Metric

I would legimitately move to that yellow country.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Same guy who sequenced Seattle flu explaining why it’s impossible for California to have Covid before January. The first positives they had out of over 6000 flu study cases were much later. Explained with travel how it’s statistically impossible for there to be an outbreak of any sort in California in December and have zero cases in Washington. Said you can chart evolution of the virus and it’s directly from China and Europe.

It’s 18 tweets long for all the charts and math and such. He sequenced all the various entry points into US and origin. It’s too much of a pain to embed all those tweets. Click and read. Estimates we have 2-3% infection rate and that 50% is required to reach semblance of here immunity with this RO rate. Long road ahead without vaccine. Feel almost certain we won’t see blake have antibodies unless he had it since Feb and was asymptomatic, in which case his family will likely have antibodies also. Clearly all the CA hope appears to be just wishful thinking.’I was hoping there was this huge number of infected and recovered people out there in California and Philly and elsewhere. This guy seems certain there isn’t.

Tweet in response to that tweet citing California study of 3000 tests in which only two positive were from late feb

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    to big dick

the President doesn't really make decisions, it's entertainment. Don't worry about the billionaires, they'll be okay and they are not worried

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    to big dick

the President doesn't really make decisions, it's entertainment. Don't worry about the billionaires, they'll be okay and they are not worried

The guy has a reading comprehension of a 4th grader. Don't expect him to understand what is going on in the real world.

Load Metric
    as a reminder, OSA was kicked out of law school.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    as a reminder, OSA was kicked out of law school.
    Thanks for reminding me.

65% attrition rate bro. Didn't set myself up for success.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You should have spent more time hitting than books than the asses of twinks in stairwells.

Thread Information