Page 252 of 947 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    There are currently 16 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 8 guests)
    blake, BCR, Dan Druff, GrenadaRoger, MrTickle, Sloppy Joe, SPIT this, Walter Sobchak

druff, if you make a post criticizing trump but using 90% of your words equivocating and ultimately bashing the democrats, i'm going to launch myself down a flight of steps.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Do you have a proposed mechanism for how an RNA virus can go from detectable to undetectable to detectable again?
    HIV is sometimes undetectable early in its latent phase, which is between the acute phase and when it develops into full-on AIDS.
    Always exceptions, but most HIV infections result in severe medical conditions and a rash right away. There is always an asymptomatic case here and there, but 80%+ have a bad run right away.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think the #FireFauci thing is being overblown.

The most likely correct explanation is the simplest one: Trump overlooked the "Time to #FireFaucii" part of that tweet, and instead focused on that politician praising him for acting before Fauci or anyone else.

Trump has been obsessed with praising himself for the January 31 decision to restrict travel from China, and he believed that tweet was bolstering his recent claims about that.

The way Trump read it was, "Even Fauci didn't think it was a threat until February 29. Trump had the foresight to see the threat on January 31, and took action! Wow!! What a leader!"

That's the message he was trying to put out there. Not that he wanted to fire Fauci.

I see how this looks really bad, but you have to know Trump, and have to know how haphazardly he tweets. I don't foresee Fauci getting fired unless he really starts going against Trump publicly.

Comments

duped_samaritan: RIP Blake

Load Metric
    So you think Trump is lying when he said he saw the "#FireFauci" part?

Comments

nightmarefish: ��

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Elections have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

They have those odds because they think Senile Joe will get Coronavirus. Absent of that, he is the nominee and will get crushed. Place the 5 figure wager if you are that confident in Senile Joe or his VP pick if he goes into a coma. I am not sure why you are arguing when you have the opportunity to get rich quick if you believe in your own hype.

I think it’s stated that way w better Dem odds is on the off chance that Marc Cuban or Hillary, etc somehow end up on the ballot.

Joe is making a mistake if he picks. k HARRIS for vp.
    i'm torn on kamala. if joe drives out the black vote, he crushes trump but not sure kamala is the right person for that.
    Joe should already have the black vote. She isn’t going to help that enough to make up for the folks in the middle that she drives away. Think which states matter.

Comments

blake: this makes sense

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    “When somebody’s the President of the United States, the authority is total. And that’s the way it’s gotta be. It’s total. And the governors know that.”

-Donald J. Trump

can you guys imagine what the republican reaction would be if obama had said this?

dish, he's losing you isn't he? just admit it.
    apparently he's not that interested in the constitution he swore to defend
    Donald has never had anyone read it out loud for him.

Load Metric
    Elections have consequences.

I think it’s stated that way w better Dem odds is on the off chance that Marc Cuban or Hillary, etc somehow end up on the ballot.

Joe is making a mistake if he picks. k HARRIS for vp.
    i'm torn on kamala. if joe drives out the black vote, he crushes trump but not sure kamala is the right person for that.
    Joe should already have the black vote. She isn’t going to help that enough to make up for the folks in the middle that she drives away. Think which states matter.
    A California left wing Senator is probably the worst pick Biden will make. Actually he won't make it because he can't remember much but you get the point. Somebody on his team needs to pick a minority woman from a pink/purple state. And definitely someone 25 years younger because it's iffy if he makes it to November.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The most likely correct explanation is the simplest one: Trump overlooked the "Time to #FireFaucii" part of that tweet, and instead focused on that politician praising him for acting before Fauci or anyone else.

Trump has been obsessed with praising himself for the January 31 decision to restrict travel from China, and he believed that tweet was bolstering his recent claims about that.

The way Trump read it was, "Even Fauci didn't think it was a threat until February 29. Trump had the foresight to see the threat on January 31, and took action! Wow!! What a leader!"

That's the message he was trying to put out there. Not that he wanted to fire Fauci.

I see how this looks really bad, but you have to know Trump, and have to know how haphazardly he tweets. I don't foresee Fauci getting fired unless he really starts going against Trump publicly.
    But a reporter asked him about it directly: Trump said that he saw it, he sees everything, and that he thinks a bit of controversy is good (I unfortunately had the TV on today).

Try again!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

HIV is sometimes undetectable early in its latent phase, which is between the acute phase and when it develops into full-on AIDS.
    Always exceptions, but most HIV infections result in severe medical conditions and a rash right away. There is always an asymptomatic case here and there, but 80%+ have a bad run right away.
    It's like a nasty flu in the acute phase, then goes latent before developing into AIDS. During the latent phase, it can be undetectable.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    This reported wrecked dum dum donnie. Notice how he never answered the question?

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...us-tsr-vpx.cnn

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

But a reporter asked him about it directly: Trump said that he saw it, he sees everything, and that he thinks a bit of controversy is good (I unfortunately had the TV on today).

Try again!
    Of course he said he saw it. Trump is never going to admit that he misread something. Just like he claims that the "covfefe" was intentional.

Much like I get a feel for how donks think at the poker table after playing with them for a short time, I have a feel for Trump's thought process from reading his tweets. The one good thing about Trump's tweets is that they're authentic -- you see the real him. He doesn't think before tweeting. He just fires.

Trump loves praise, especially from sources thought to be credible or semi-credible. In this case, a congressional candidate tweeted that he saw the coronavirus threat a month before Fauci, which made him excited and he retweeted it. Notice the retweet comment was aimed at the "fake news media", and not Fauci.

Even if he did see it, he might have wanted to retweet the praise so badly that he didn't care about it having the "Fire Fauci" part (even if he didn't have any desire at all to fire Fauci).

Fauci is very popular, Trump knows that, and he has mostly kept quiet regarding criticism of Trump. I don't see a firing coming.

Load Metric

Try again!
    Of course he said he saw it. Trump is never going to admit that he misread something. Just like he claims that the "covfefe" was intentional.

Much like I get a feel for how donks think at the poker table after playing with them for a short time, I have a feel for Trump's thought process from reading his tweets. The one good thing about Trump's tweets is that they're authentic -- you see the real him. He doesn't think before tweeting. He just fires.

Trump loves praise, especially from sources thought to be credible or semi-credible. In this case, a congressional candidate tweeted that he saw the coronavirus threat a month before Fauci, which made him excited and he retweeted it. Notice the retweet comment was aimed at the "fake news media", and not Fauci.

Even if he did see it, he might have wanted to retweet the praise so badly that he didn't care about it having the "Fire Fauci" part (even if he didn't have any desire at all to fire Fauci).

Fauci is very popular, Trump knows that, and he has mostly kept quiet regarding criticism of Trump. I don't see a firing coming.
    You're probably spot on to the above, all of which is massively concerning. What a lunatic.

But more importantly, before simply noting my TDS, have a go at this:

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    totally appropriate thread for this you sociopaths.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Try again!

The only thing I see Fauci doing is quoting the same shit over and over. It's the same fucking rhetoric: "The virus controls the timeline" & "We need to flatten the curve". He has offered not a lot in a long time except canned phrases. He is 79 years old and really needs to retire. He has had his 15 minutes and can write a book now. His effectiveness is gone, we all know the virus is contagious to fat, diabetic and old people. And a few unlucky healthy young people. This 40,000 ventilator shortage in NYC was absolutely horseshit. More women are getting the shit kicked out of themselves due to abusive men then are going to the hospital for coronavirus.

Load Metric
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte woman hasn’t left her house in more than three weeks, yet still tested positive for COVID-19 late Thursday.

“I’m absolutely terrified,” Rachel Brummert, who already has an autoimmune disorder, said. “This is the sickest I’ve ever been and it’s the most scared I’ve ever been. From what I’m hearing about ventilators, it’s scary stuff. I’m really hoping I can wait this out at home.”

At a higher risk for complications due to her underlying condition, Brummert said she listened to the health experts. Other than a trip to the pharmacy more than three weeks ago, she hasn’t left her house once.

“I really thought I was doing everything right,” she said.

Brummert said aside from the pharmacist and her husband, who grocery shops but is temporarily living in a separate room, the only other person she’s come into contact with is a woman who volunteered to drop off groceries at her doorstep once. Brummert said the woman later tested positive for COVID-19.

“I barely had any contact,” she said. “I didn’t even touch her.”
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

what happened was the Monday morning quarterbacks (the press) got their shit handed back to them while Americans looked on and laughed; it was a fun show

you should be ashamed of yourself.

well i grant you that you are entitled to your option; I don't agree with it

the reporters of certain news organizations are directed to ask loaded questions designed to enflame, yet they are never told to acknowledge the efforts being by the administration...indeed, at the briefings you can see them reading their questions off their smart phones...its a game the news orgs play with a goal to sell ad space on television, newspapers and the internet. they got some real juicy stuff tonight
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 04-13-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte woman hasn’t left her house in more than three weeks, yet still tested positive for COVID-19 late Thursday.

“I’m absolutely terrified,” Rachel Brummert, who already has an autoimmune disorder, said. “This is the sickest I’ve ever been and it’s the most scared I’ve ever been. From what I’m hearing about ventilators, it’s scary stuff. I’m really hoping I can wait this out at home.”

At a higher risk for complications due to her underlying condition, Brummert said she listened to the health experts. Other than a trip to the pharmacy more than three weeks ago, she hasn’t left her house once.

Brummert said aside from the pharmacist and her husband, who grocery shops but is temporarily living in a separate room, the only other person she’s come into contact with is a woman who volunteered to drop off groceries at her doorstep once. Brummert said the woman later tested positive for COVID-19.

The husband got it and gave it to her in the kitchen or something one day. Not every case is like an episode of House.

Platinum
    Load Metric

This is just more evidence that California went through this shit last year before it was on anyone’s radar. With how contiguous it seems to be how could it miss California?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    libtard fb friend just went in on CNN

sorry blake, Trumps press conference was indeed 10/10 perfect

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pretty obvious to me she got it from the woman dropping off the groceries. This is why you make no contact at all with these deliverers, and let the non-perishable groceries sit 48 hours before touching.

Thread Information