Page 249 of 947 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349749 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Trump RT'd a #FireFauci tweet. Let's get the popcorn
    Every single quote and statement I can find from Fauci in January and February downplayed the virus almost identically to Trump, leading me to believe that his comments genuinely might have been on the advice of so called experts.

This guy is now the media and "useful idiot" social media savior that Trump didn't listen to.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    So you are actually saying that trumps stupidity is because of his advisors? He literally did not know until this year that the flu kills people. The WAIS would likely use that question to differentiate between people with moderate to mild metal retardation.

I mean it’s fine to crittisize Fauci but you I can’t imagine someone honestly believing trumps constant lies and misinformation are because of his advisors. I don’t even know where to begin with what he has said and the copious reports of him refusing to listen to advisors.

Load Metric
    I mean seriously watch this video again and then I dare you to maintain your assertion.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wash...outputType=amp

A guy who doesn’t understand the flu kills people muses that maybe he should have become a doctor. After all his uncle was a “super genius” at mit. You think for a second this guy is mentally sound? He comes across as a teenager.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

So you are actually saying that trumps stupidity is because of his advisors? He literally did not know until this year that the flu kills people. The WAIS would likely use that question to differentiate between people with moderate to mild metal retardation.

I mean it’s fine to crittisize Fauci but you I can’t imagine someone honestly believing trumps constant lies and misinformation are because of his advisors. I don’t even know where to begin with what he has said and the copious reports of him refusing to listen to advisors.
    what i don't get is why people give trump the benefit of the doubt that he was listening to his advisers.

this is a guy that publicly stated he thought the coronavirus would miss us entirely, outside of 15 people.

has there been a worse prediction in history?

(note this specific comment from trump is the one that gets universally ignored by his supporters because there's just no way to spin out of it.)

Load Metric
    I'm not watching whatever you linked, but you're missing the point. So called experts, including ones directly advising the president, were of the opinion that this wouldn't be nearly as big of a problem as it has turned out to be, up until it was obvious they were wrong, yet somehow Trump should have known better and it's entirely his fault.

Load Metric
    I mean seriously watch this video again and then I dare you to maintain your assertion.

if you think vaughn intends on responding, you don't know him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

if you think vaughn intends on responding, you don't know him.
    I'm not watching whatever you linked.

lol

Load Metric
    I'm not watching whatever you linked, but you're missing the point. So called experts, including ones directly advising the president, were of the opinion that this wouldn't be nearly as big of a problem as it has turned out to be, up until it was obvious they were wrong, yet somehow Trump should have known better and it's entirely his fault.
    People saying it’s all trumps fault are biased. The medical community was not ready. We agree on that. But trump is infinitely worse and it’s terrifying to think he is in charge. Someone with such an entrenched personality disorder is gonna fail whether they have good or bad advisors. At least if trump could learn to acknowledge his limitations and seek advice it would be different. But he’s proved again and again that he is a narcissist who is incapable of genuine self reflection.

Load Metric
    Trump takes the advice in one ear and out the other.

He's basically threatening to fire Fauci because he's speaking in terms of science and truths.

Load Metric
    no doubt this is not all trump's fault. i blame obama and every past president since 1917 for the lack of respirators (or whenever they were invented).

but it is partially his. i don't think that's a controversial statement.

Load Metric

does anyone know wtf he's talking about regarding his special power to control state governments?

Load Metric
    also druff, is there a twitter button i'm not seeing? i have to go through a million hoops to post tweets

Comments

Tellafriend: Fucking this ^

Load Metric

the title of the 2nd article is Trade Adviser Warned White House in January of Risks of a Pandemic.

i don't know if you're trying to be fair in your commenting, but the navarro memo is being used to show that trump's advisers told him of the threat but he didn't do enough

Load Metric
    Many people don't seem to understand that individual states were ultimately responsible for their response to the virus either, funny seeing Trump tweet that though. I'm not sure what else anyone actually expected could have been done? Perhaps advising a shelter in place order that's up to the states to adopt maybe two or three weeks earlier? Hoarding PPE maybe two or three weeks earlier as well? The implications of advising the states to shut down and wreck the economy based on a not well understood possibility at the time would have been ridiculous. Abe Lincoln would have taken the same approach.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Was that Judge Jenine's monolugue? BS what did So Korea do?

Load Metric

the title of the 2nd article is Trade Adviser Warned White House in January of Risks of a Pandemic.

i don't know if you're trying to be fair in your commenting, but the navarro memo is being used to show that trump's advisers told him of the threat but he didn't do enough
    I am, but this is the only real ammunition. The caveat being that it comes from an adamant China-Hawk whose bias could have caused this to be dismissed.

I think what actually played out was conflicting advice with the correct play being a wait and see approach for the sake of the economy. It's sad, but there is no way we don't ultimately decide to sacrifice some for the greater good if necessary to end the shelter in place.

Load Metric
    we have peak vaughn.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I've never seen a post of his, but he obv has his nose up Hannity's ass.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    ny completely botched the response at the start fwiw

de blasio and cuomo refused to close schools at around the time when other states were already talking about closing them for the year

Platinum
    Load Metric

I actually don’t think the initial response from Trump was all that delayed. You can go find quotes from many people on both sides of the aisle that weren’t worried at all back then. As a country almost no one would have been onboard closing down the country in January. Can you imagine if we had closed in January and the social distancing worked and we basically missed this thing? All we would be hearing about is how Trump torpedoed the economy for nothing. Where Trump truly failed and is still failing is the delay on testing.

Load Metric
    Nearly every conversation during the height of the 2008 Financial Crisis has been reconstructed & documented. Almost every minute of the weekend of September 14-15 that led to Lehman taking the pipe is out there. Vice made a tremendously entertaining television piece on the subject, for instance.

The situation room during the NY Tower bombings are similarly on the record now.... and so on

I think the guys who leg this shit out are either called historians or Michael Lewis.

Presidents are all about legacy. How they will be remembered by history is the nut. Stop for a moment and envision the Trump Presidential Library and gift shop.

The NY Times Red Dawn article will be recalled as an early piece that will influence later work. Seminal reporting. Those involved in this Pandemic are going to sing.

What Trump has never considered is that the routine & endless firing of staff makes the historians’ job a piece of cake. So go ahead and fire Fauci.

It’s tragic but the Pandemic Records will be chilling

Comments

Prodigal son: Trump library of subpoenas

big dick: .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

I actually don’t think the initial response from Trump was all that delayed. You can go find quotes from many people on both sides of the aisle that weren’t worried at all back then. As a country almost no one would have been onboard closing down the country in January. Can you imagine if we had closed in January and the social distancing worked and we basically missed this thing? All we would be hearing about is how Trump torpedoed the economy for nothing. Where Trump truly failed and is still failing is the delay on testing.
    i mean, we don't know exactly what he was being advised, but it's just really hard for me to accept that he was listening to his experts when he literally thought this pandemic would miss us entirely.

Thread Information